• Published 14th Mar 2012
  • 8,685 Views, 380 Comments

Don't Step on a Rune. - Warpony



A human, Rune magic and enemies. This is the story of Mythic (Daniel) Rune, the human and the Mystic

  • ...
34
 380
 8,685

PreviousChapters Next
Saturday Afternoon is the Worst.

"Ouch... damn Twi that hurts. Be gentle please."

"If I were more gentle I won't even be touching you, Mythic. Now stop acting like a baby, Spike acts tougher then you."

"Fine, what ever you say missy." Mythic sat in his kitchen while Twilight cleaned his battle wounds. She used rubbing alcohol on the wounds and used gauze to cover the wounds. The bleeding stop some time ago after the fighting was complete. It was about five o'clock in the after noon and the sun was just over the horizon, making the sky orange.

Luna transformed back into her disguise and went into her own room and Victor laid on Mythic's sofa, sleeping. Rainbow Dash received very few injuries during the fighting and just needed to be clean quickly. Once she was cleaned, she flew off and said she was going home and would be back later. Twilight had been cleaning Mythic's wounds for about five minutes now and was almost done. Mythic wore bandages and gauze all around his body. Mythic thought he would look cooler with all the bandages while Twilight cleaned and sighed at his remarks. Twilight applied the last bandage and told Mythic she was done. "Alright Mythic, that was the last one."

Mythic stood up from the ground and shook himself over to get the feeling of tightness out of his muscles "Finally, thanks Twilight. I've cleaned a cut or two before, but those weren't cuts I can just clean myself. So what you're you going to do now?"

"What do you mean? Do I have to leave or something?"

"Not at all, I just assumed you'd have something else to do. But you know, crazy day and all. I'm just heading up to my room to figure something out. You can come up if you want, you like books and learning right?" Twilight nodded. "Well i'm about to mindblow you right now, come on." Mythic and Twilight left the kitchen and went into the living room were the sleeping Victor was disturbed by Mythic. "Yo Victor! What does the package plan include?"

Victor turn to face the destroyer of dreams and fluttered his eyes and yawned. "Well, it includes phone, cable and internet. Have fun, now that you disturbed my sleep... go to hell." He then turned onto his stomach and fell back to sleep.

"Sorry buddy." Mythic and Twilight ascended up the stairs and into the hall. Twilight felt free and entered Mythic's room as he stayed in the hallway. On the wall next to door was the picture taken about an hour ago. Luna, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Mythic and Victor all huddled together. The picture came out so clear. Gotta love magic, Mythic thought. He laughed at the sight, not because he found it funny but because he found it amazing that it was taken in the last hour or so. He walked into his room and found Twilight floating through his bookshelf. She pulled in three books with her magic, a book on Mythology, one history and a manga. Twilight dropped the history book first and then the manga. She studied the Mythology book and skimmed through it. "What you looking at over there? My mythology, eh? In my world that's all believed to be fiction."

"What!?" Twilight dropped the book and turned with a look of disbelief. "How can you believe this is all fiction!? Well, the parts with the humans are fiction to use, but all the creatures are real in one form or another."

"Well you need to remember Twilight, two worlds equals to realities. Or something along those lines." Mythic walked or from the door to a desk, that was out of the way in the corner. He looked at it was passion. 'Missed you babe.' He ran his hoof over the surface of the tower and pressed the power button. The screen flashed to life and presented a dell logo. He jumped in the folding chair he had and got ready. The password entry came up soon after and Mythic tried to type with his hooves. After realizing the amount of characters in the box, he face hoofed and resulted to using his magic. A chime sounded off and his desktop popped open. Twilight placed the books back in the shelf and shuffled over to Mythic. "What is that thing, is it like that thing over by your...?"

"Those two are call a T.V. and Playstation. This is called a personal computer, the greatest thing I own. I can play games, chat with friends with my webcam and read or watch stuff. I'll show you an news article to help explain." Mythic typed in with his magic, an article about the face on mars. "Look, this is also a part of my world, space travel. Bu the point here is the ability to transport information through a quick and almost effortless mean. What do you think."

Twilight's left eye began to twitch. This computer amazed her, a source of information like this baffled her. "What other information can you retrieve?"

"Oh that's easy, name a topic."

"Politics..."

"Give me a second..." Mythic typed and brought up information about the election year and same bills that were in debate at the time of the article. "Alright look here. This year is an election year on my home world and these here are some laws that were being discussed about. Read it if you want, I need to talk to a man about a horse." Twilight would usually asked what he was talking about but ignored that impulse, she was absorbed with the fascinating device that rested in front of her. Mythic allowed Twilight to play around with the computer as he left the room and walked into the hall. He knocked on Luna's door and told her he was walking in. He opened the door and found Luna writing a letter and lighting in on green fire. He didn't bother asking about the fire but still asked about the letter. "Hey Luna, what was that I just saw?"

"That was my letter to my sister. Celestia, you know who she is right?"

"I heard of her, but I haven't seen her. Goddess of the sun, right?" Luna nodded. "Alright then, right on one thing. I just came by to check the window like I said." He walked to the window that rested on the wall next to the bed. As he studied the window frame Luna made a remark. "You remembered that? Weren't you like half asleep last night."

"Luna I was almost fully asleep."

"Also, even I forgot about it due to... todays events. You really remembered?"

"Well yeah, I thought i'd forget as well. But it was always in the back of my mind. Never was one for that kind of stuff, so I bothered me all day." Mythic backed away from the window and to Luna. "Well the window seems fine, and I don't think the heater would even have something to do with it. Sorry but I have zero idea what the problem is... good luck!" Mythic proceeded to walk out of the room when Luna call back at him. "Really, that is it? You can't fine a problem?"

"Nope, see ya." Mythic walked out the door and closed it behind him. He poked his head back into his room and saw Twilight reading some more articles. He chuckled and left her alone. Mythic decided to roam around his house like a ghost thinking of his life back on earth. 'I wonder what the family is doing right now. My house hold is out on the trip and will be gone for like two mouths. With them gone though, the house might get mess with dust and rotten food. But i'm here and they are on their trip, and I feel like i'm going to be here a while. Perhaps I can go back for a second or two if things become calm. But what about my friends? I'll reported missing if someone goes by the house. I'm so fired, no question, thats a fact. But that brings me to the worst fear I have... how to rack in the money? A job is no option, not with the Shard attacking me... me. Is it me or this world. That doesn't make sense, is they out grew their own then why would they...

"Victor, we need to talk now!" Mythic slammed his hooves as he rushed down the stairs and jumped the length from the stairs to Victor, now string from his sleep. "Victor, I don't think you've been telling me the whole truth."

Victor rose from the sofa and sat straight up. "Well everything I have said his mostly true. But don't worry, i'll tell you everything soon. Let me just say, that they are looking for something. And that something is big and powerful, what else would anyone leave home for? But rest asured, I won't leave you in the dark."

"Can you tell me what that something is?"

"Not yet, I don't want to overload your human mind. Your kind goes crazy with that thing... in ten point three seconds run!" Victor bolted for the stairs and ran up them. Mythic watched in both annoyance that he didn't get an answer and confusion to what Victor just said. 'Run from what?' He heard the door slam close upstairs and the door open to the side of him. In the door way was Rainbow Dash, blood-lust in her eyes. With her were two boxes and a turtle on her back. "You... you did it!

"Did what?" Mythic was taken back a bit but kept most of his composure.

"You destroyed my cloud house! You put cut it in half and now it needs to be rebuilt! You're lucky Tank didn't get hurt or i'd have your hide!" Rainbow Dash stomped through the door and place the boxes and turtle on the floor.

"Well i'm sorry Rainbow, but what do you want me to do about it?"

"I'm staying here till my house his repaired. Your fault, that means your house!" Rainbow stomped her hoof on the ground, showing that she wasn't playing around.

Mythic didn't even try to fight it. "Alright Rainbow, I can see where you're coming from. You can stay in the guest room, you know where it is. But really isn't my fault."

"Yes it is! I got home and half of it was gone! Boom, evaporated!"

"Not my fault your house was in the way of the excess blast."

"What does that mean?"

"That means, on this day, Rainbow Dash was not given a single buck." Mythic looked away and back at the stairs. He began to ascend when he felt a hoof on his shoulder. "I already told you... Dash?" Mythic turned and froze in fear. If it was an anime, Mythic thought, there would be fire in her eyes and all around her. "Rainbow Dash?"

Rainbow spoke with her voice dripping malice and hate. "So, you don't give a buck, eh?" She then place her other hoof on Mythic's shoulder. She lifted him in the air. "Then take this!' She threw him on the ground and began beating him senseless while the others heard his cries for help.

"Told him to run." Victor took refuge in Mythic's room and stood next to Twilight. "So what are you doing there Twilight?"

"Huh, oh i'm just reading some articles Mythic let me look at. So much policy on earth, do you know why?"

"Because they can't function with out..." Mythic interrupter Victor as he rushed into the room with new bruises. "Someone help me damn you!" He was then pulled out of the doorway and back into the as he held the frame for dear life. "HELP!" Rainbow Dash yelled. "Oh no you don't, you're coming with me!"

"Vic, buddy, pal, help!" He was then dragged out of the room and down the stairs. Out of sight the two witnesses only caught audio of the massacre the unfolded. "No Rainbow, i'm sorry! Don't that hurts, wait why do you have... God no! No! Hel..." Victor slammed the door and the sounds of Mythic's pain stopped. "Told him to run. What do you think Twilight?"

"Me, I think he should really watch what he says. He has two mares living with him now, he needs to show some more respect."

"Naw, he doesn't lack respect. I think he respects you guys... girls, he just needs to think about what he does. I mean he asked for you to help him right, thats something."

"I guess thats true. hey can I ask you a question Victor?"

"Shoot"

"I just, I don't know whats going on and I don't like not knowing things. I need to know whats going on so I can come up with a plan or something."

"Well short version his..." He then began to inhale a large amount of air. "The reason mythic is here is for two reasons really. He need to train in order to use his power in his human form and being in the form that uses it the easiest is the quickest way. He is one of the last humans that contain a special blood type that is nearly gone on his home world. The corrupt are controlled by the Shard, who are magic users. They are looking for something, but thats only part if the equation. Looking for years, and its all about to be set in motion. Humans are the most powerful, if they master magic." Victor then sighed and exhaled. "But enough of that business. Enjoy the life we have right now and all that." Victor left Twilight and went to the book shelf, he grabbed one of the thicker books. 'The Odyssey' and started to skim through it.

Luna walked into the room with a smile, ignore the screams of pain coming from downs stairs. "Hey guys..." 'The pain!' "...whats up?" 'Alright I give a buck!'. She closed the door and fully entered the room.

"Nothing, Twilight is reading stuff and i'm reading better stuff. What stuff you up to?" Victor asked, reading and not looking away.

"Not much, just sent a letter to Celestia about what happened today. Nothing crazy, just said that some monsters popped up and Mythic took control over the situation. Plain and simple..." Luna looked over the room. She looked all around and walked ever inch of the room. Twilight finished reading the article but didn't know how to work the computer. She left the machine and turned her attention to Luna still scanning the room. "Luna what are you doing?"

"I'm looking for something that can give off a good amount of heat. Mythic said that there wasn't a problem with my room... so there is something in here." Luna crouched down and looked under the bed, she found nothing.

Victor sighed and closed the book. "Luna, there is nothing in here. I should know, i'm the one who duplicated the house."

Twilight was feeling felt in the dark, for Victor and Luna knew what was going on but she didn't. "So whats going on again?"

"Luna slept with Mythic and she slept like a foal. She slept on cozy in his arms... legs." Luna blush slightly and glared at Victor for the input. "What?... Come on you know you slept like a baby. No shame."

"Princess is that true!? You slept with Mythic?" Twilight was taken back by the news. She didn't think the Princess would of something like that. "You and Mythic, huh?"

"Twilight Sparkle! It is not like that at all. I had trouble sleeping and he helped. I was cold and he was so warm, like a big teddy bear. Think of it like that." Luna blushed some more and tried play the whole thing off. Twilight accepted the answer and left it, she remembered the last time she pressed a Princess.

Just as thing settled, Mythic oped the door, covered in new bruises and shallow cuts. "Just remember I love all you. But right now, buck all you." He trotted to his computer. "Victor, I get updates?"

"Full serves, just like back home" Victor snapped his fingers and Mythic turned in alarm. "What was that?"

"Nothing..."

"Better be nothing." He spit venom at Victor, who ignored it. Mythic then checked all his e-mail and other sources of personal states. He got e-mail saying he was fired from his job. he sighed and deleted it. He then saw he had like ten messages from his mother and father asking were is was and if he was okay. "Shit, thats right! They have zero idea where I am. Victor you think I can..."

"Go ahead, doesn't affect my life much."

"Great." Mythic read the last message. It was sent on the 10th of June. "What is todays date?"

Twilight came out and said it was the 11th. "Alrighty then, that was yesterday." Mythic pulled up the instant messenger and sent a message it his parents.

'Hey guys, it be awhile. Sorry I couldn't get back to you, i've be busy with some crazy stuff. How is the trip, you guy been to the island yet. You should, grand parents came from there. But yeah, love you guys miss you. I hope to see you guys, later.'

He then sent the message off and sighed. "You know it's weird..."

"Whats weird?" Rainbow Dash asked as she came into the door way, silent as a cat.

"Holy shit! Rainbow, don't do that you scared me. Both the way you came in and your presents. You didn't need to use my bat on me." 'Bitch' Mythic glared daggers at her,

"You shouldn't have said that you didn't care. You wouldn't have been hurt. But now that it's over I am sorry. It just sort of bothered me that you said that." Rainbow dash lowered her head and drew circles in the floor.

Mythic to felt ashamed for the way he acted. "Rainbow i'm sorry to, I shouldn't have said that. i do care that your house got messed up, I acted like an ass for a minute there." Mythic shuffled his hooves over to Rainbow Dash and hugged her. "It's alright, everything is going to be fixed by the Pegasi." Mythic broke the embrace and walked back to his computer, where he found a new message from his mother.

'Thank god your alright. Why haven you answered, what kept you busy. No we are in Europe right now. I'm want to see you, we brought that webcam. Send me a message when your ready to talk. And that means now!'

Mythic read the message and sighed. He didn't want to disrespect his mothers wishes, but... he was not human. "Hey Victor?"

Victor lifted his head from the book and looked at Mythic. His smirked. "Yes Mythic, I know what you want. The answer for you, is only when someone wants to see you. Time for some fan service!" Victor drew three circles around the mares in the room and snapped his fingers.

(Have fun with this.)

Mythic dropped his mouth on the floor with the sight he had. In front of him was Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Luna. They were transformed into human girls. Twilight was about 5'7, her skin was slightly tan and she had the same hair color and style. Rainbow Dash was 5'6 with pale skin and she still had her messy hair style and rainbow colors. Luna stood at 6 feet tall, her hair dropped just past her shoulders and was a baby blue and black. Mythic rubbed his eyes and stared at them. He wasn't so surprised by their transformation as to the fact they were, naked.

Rainbow Dash was the first to react. "Hey whats the big idea! Why are we like this?" She turned to Victor. "What did you do to us?"

Victor started to laugh. "I broke Mythic! Hahaha"

The all turned to Mythic, well were Mythic once stood. He bolted out the room and into the bathroom. He threw the shower curtain open and threw the water on cold and sat in the shower. 'Deadpuppydeadpuppydeadpuppy DEAD MOTHERBUCK PUPPY! Please go away, wings of bone.' He sat in the water and let it flow over him. He panicked when a rune appeared around him and in a flash of light, he was back to being a human. "No! I wasn't done with the water!"

Mythic now in his human form, stood up in the shower, due to uncomfort. He stood in the shower and turn the water to a colder setting. There was a knock at the door and he panicked when Twilight came in, barely able to stand in her new form. "Mythic, are you okay?"

He wimped for a second before responding. "I'm alright in here Twilight. Just, if you need to say my name, call me Daniel while i'm in human form." He shivered a little and made a noise that alarmed Twilight. "Are you sure you're all right? You don't sound like it. I'm sorry but i'm coming in." With her new hands, Twilight fumbled around with knob. Daniel cried out not to open the door but she ignored the warning. She wanted to make sure he was alright, it has been like that for about a year know. To make sure everyone of her friends were okay. She final got a grip on the knob and turned it. Daniel pulled the curtain shut and asked her to leave. He hid his whole body except his head, which changed. His hair actually. Before he came to Equestria, he had black hair. He know had orange hair with a dash of purple highlights.

"Whats wrong, Daniel tell me?"

"Twilight just go back to the room and put a shirt on please. Tell Luna and Dash to do the same, i'll be there soon. Victor, help them please!" He got a sure as a response from the Demigod child. After Twilight left, Daniel got out of the shower and dried himself off. He walked back into the room and saw the girls fully clothed now. Rainbow Dash was wearing one of his tank-tops with a pair of sweat pants. Twilight wore a white dress shirt with a pair of his khakis, Luna wore a tight black t-shirt and pair of blue jeans. Daniel sighed. "It'll have to do." He then went to his dresser and closet for a pair of boxers and a pair of jeans. He went into the hall and put them on before entering again. He then pulled out a red t-shirt that read 'Numba 8#' in black lettering.

"So why do we need to be wearing clothing." Rainbow Dash said as she picked at the clothes she wore.

"Because, humans don't walk around naked. You thing I wear that shit for fashion. Although you girls make it work... back to business." Daniel sat in his folding chair and turned the webcam on. He set everything up and opened a link to his father's laptop, the one his mother used to message him. In no time at all a window opened up with the image of his mother and father sitting in two chairs on a beach. They had the laptop on the same table that held their beers. "Hey mom, dad. Sup?"

His mother wore shades and glared at him through them. "What do you mean, Sup! We haven't heard from you in a week and now I see you and you died your hair! What the hell is the matter with you?"

Daniels mother was pulled away by his father. "Son..."

Daniel glared at his father. "Father..."

The both looked at each other with cold eyes and faces... for about five second before acting like fools. The both smiled and shouted. "WAZZZ UP!" They shared a laugh, but his father got back to interrogation. "Tell me Daniel, why didn't you call us or something. We were worried about you dude."

"Dad i'm sorry, thing just aren't as calm as they seem. I've made some new friends and i've been out some much. And the hair is just a bet I lost. Yeah, I bet I could out run a pitbull and lost. Bastard clawed and bit me but i'm okay! I got all cleaned and patched up by one of my friends." Daniel then smiled.

"Well, you were always one not to bitch about that sort of stuff." His father added before Victor to interjected. "HA! You say he doesn't bitch? He bitches so~ much it's not even funny!"

Daniel glared daggers over at Victor. His father asked who that was and he told him it was the brother of one of his friends. His father then asked to see him and Mythic complied, turning the camera. "Really, that little child?"

"Yeah, I just ignore him. His name is Victor, Victor the prick."

"Don't talk about a child like that Daniel. Lean in for a second." He complied and his father whispered. "So which one of those chick is it? Which one is the new girlfriend?" His mother the punched his fathers arm playfully. "Danny, don't talk to your son like that."

Hear something about them, Twilight walked over to the computer and bent over to look into the camera. "Hello my name is-"

"Twila, her name is Twila." Daniel interjected. "The one in the tank-top is Dash and yes the name is unisex. The other girl is Lulu." ' Brain, you just might redeem yourself.'

Thank you master.

"I'm sorry girls, but those are some strange names. But I do like your hair, so pretty." His mother said. His father, Danny, came back to comment. "So is it this girl right here? She must be, shes wearing your dress shirt." His mother threw a fit after hearing that. "What! Daniel Rivera, is that girl wearing your nice dress shirt!? Why is she wearing that!?"

Daniel began to mentally over heat. How would he explain this to... "Oh that? I needed a shirt to wear." ...now he can began to write his will.

"Why would you need one of my sons shirts to wear?"

"Oh because I didn't have one." Twilight smiled, she thought it would be best to tell the truth.

"You didn't have a shirt? What do you mean, Miss Twila? Have you and my son been... close?"

Daniel didn't react. He couldn't react, it was like something held a force that prevented him from interacting with the world. ' What is going on here! I can't even react to this, why?'

"This is for messing with my sleep, love you buddy!"

'Victor? Come on man, this ain't some ecchi anime, this is really shit!'

"To bad.. it's about to get good."

Twilight tapped her chin with her hand. "Well we were kind of close earlier. Why, is that bad?" Before Daniels mother could answer, Victor jumped in. "Oh yes, miss. They were really close today. Hey Daniel, tell them how you slept last night with Lulu wrapped around your arms!" 'Killing that bastard is going to be like an early Christmas!'

Luna blushed. "It's not what you think! I couldn't sleep, Miss, you mustn't be miss taken."

"That is Mrs.Rivera to you. And you Daniel, how could you?" His father jumped in to view. "He can do it like his old man! That's how! Putting the stuff to work good son, good son. But I think we need to go, your brothers are in trouble and I need to go get them. So, Miss Twila, Miss Lulu and Miss Dash, take care of my son while i'm gone. See ya kid!"

"Don't worry dude." Dash jumped in front of the camera. "He's in good care with me around."

"Hope so, cheers!" With that, the window closed and Daniels parents were gone.

Daniel was able to move and slowly looked over at Victor, smirking like a cheeky bastard. Daniel stood up and folded the chair and placed it under his bed. He walked over to Victor and sat on the bed. "Look, buddy, I like you. Your like, my first friend in this whole mess, so i'm going to be real blunt. That shit happens again. I'll be getting the answers to life! Do you hear me?"

"Crystal." Victor continued to smile. He walked out the room and snapped his fingers, returning every one to their pony form. They all still wore the clothing, Mythic was surprised, he thought the clothing wouldn't survive. Looking over the he didn't think of it, except Twilight. He saw her in that shirt and looked it, he like that look she had. "You guys can keep the clothes if you want."

The sun was now setting and the moon had be risen by Luna. Rainbow Dash roamed the house, but always came back to the Mythic's room. Were he and Twilight had been exchanging knowledge. She looked at them and chuckled, she never seen some one who could keep up with the bookworm. Luna was with Victor down stairs. Victor was teaching Luna the magic of the human Television. But Rainbow Dash was all on her own in the house. She glided up the stairs and walked into Mythic and Twilight's little nerd meeting as they laid on the bed. "And that's how 'you' learned to love the bomb?"

"Yeah, I never took you for a drinker, Twilight."

"Yeah, well... I could be full of surprises. You just never know."

"Gross are you two flirting?" Rainbow Dash chuckled, causing the two in question to flinch. "Damn it Dash" Mythic started. "If you want this, you just need to ask. Hahaha!" Twilight just glared at her.

"Well then, good to know. Um Twilight, aren't we supposed to be getting to that thing?" Dash winked.

"That's right , the thing with the ponies!" Twilight winked. "You should come Mythic, the thing with the ponies is awesome." She nudged him in encouragement.

"I have a felling you are trying to seduce me, Miss Robinson." Mythic chuckled.

The two mares rose a brow. "It's a figure-of-speech. I'd love to come to... where are we going?"

Rainbow Dash chuckled. "Oh it's going to be fun. Just you wait and see."

PreviousChapters Next