• Published 6th Jan 2014
  • 853 Views, 17 Comments

A̶̷m̶̷a̶̷z̶̷i̶̷n̶̷g̶̷l̶̷y̶̷ ̶̷A̶̷w̶̷e̶̷s̶̷o̶̷m̶̷e̶̷ Poetry - Indeliblink



Twilight convinces Rainbow Dash to try writing poetry.

  • ...
3
 17
 853

Sunset

Sunset

Just as the daylight hours seem spent,
the radiant sun begins it's dissent descent.
the sky becomes a spectrum of hues
from fiery reds to watery blues.

Clouds glow with the dying light
like there their capturing it for use that night.
Pegasi, unicorns, and earth ponies alike
wait in antissepation antes waiting for darkness to strike.

The sun screams out with red streaks of fear
crying for help as its death draws near.
Soon enough it meets its doom
and is replaced by the night's black cloak of gloom.

Everything is invisible, lost in the shade
even th Colts and Fillies are sent to bed feeling betrayed.
The moon basks in the glory of its kill
leaving timberwolves howling, and all else to be still.

Twilight fell back against the couch cushions, staring into space. What did I just read? Blinking rapidly, she weakly tried to close her jaw, which had dropped like a ton of lead. This couldn't have been written by Rainbow Dash... there's just no way. I mean, it's no Shakesmare, but... this is just... I...

She let out a shaky breath, unaware that she had been holding it. But Dash... how? How did she...? I mean, such vivid imagery... and the rhymes actually rhymed! Even her mechanics have improved, to an extent. It reeks of... effort? She mulled the prospect over, calling to mind Rainbow's promise from the previous page. Wow... she really did try...

Her thoughts trailing off, she numbly turned the page and felt a jolt of surprise upon seeing another mass of words. She turned to the next page, and the next, and the next... finding all of them tattooed with paragraphs she uncomprehendingly scanned over in haste. The entire notebook was filled with works of art just waiting to be discovered, and Twilight quickly averted her eager gaze. Ack! No spoilers!

Softly closing the notebook, the alicorn lay it across her lap, her face devoid of emotion. What now? She glanced uncomfortably at the notebook. Dare I continue right away? I rarely have the chance to indulge myself with a new poem... I should savor this moment. Don't just blaze through these, Twilight--analyze them. Experience them. Connect to the artist.

She bit her lip, staring excitedly at the cover of the poetry book. It was drawing her in, teasing her; Read me, it seemed to say. Enjoy me. Be one with me.

Twilight shook her head. What the...? Oh, to Tartarus with it.

"Reading binge!" She squeed. "I'm gonna make some popcorn!" And with that, she leapt to her hooves and scampered into the kitchen, leaving a fit of giggles in her wake.