• Published 20th Dec 2013
  • 13,266 Views, 705 Comments

To Love A Non-Brony - The Forgotten Host



TD and Celestia. Without a doubt one of Equestria's greatest rivalries. Imagine Celestia's surprise when she is asked out on a date by none other than TD.

  • ...
72
 705
 13,266

Pierce the Heavens with Your Love

About five feet away from us was the fake TD. He jumped back with power that was not possible for regular human beings until he was a good twenty feet away from us. He rubbed the side of his face and his eyes were wide open in anger and shock. “You? I thought I dispelled the love you had for her. Why did--”

“Can it.” He said in a low threatening voice. He looked down at me in my pitiable state. “What did you do to her?” he said with venom.

Fake TD smiled a smug smile. “My my, aren’t we rebellious? No matter, after I’m done, everything will be total bliss for you.”

TD narrowed his eyebrows more than before, “I asked you a question.”

“It was simple really,” he gloated, walking towards us, cracking his knuckles. “I exploited her little weakness until she was reduced to nothing more than the shaking little filly you see before you.”

“You just told her where I got the opera ticket from,” TD stated, holding his ground even though a lack of nourishment left him more than a little shaky.

“And it was all I ever needed,” fake TD continued. “That pony princess maybe ancient, but she's still a pony. Say the right words to them, and they'll be reduced to a pathetic pile of tears."

As fake TD drew closer, TD desperately worked his head for an idea. Suddenly, his eyes snapped open as a solution formed in his mind.

“Celestia, throw up a shield,” he stated desperately.

He managed to get my attention, but I was still in shambles. “Wha…? I…”

“I SAID THROW UP A FRIGGIN’ SHIELD!”

I complied almost impulsively, and a thick magical barrier formed around us, ridding fake TD of his smile and replacing it with an annoyed look. He stood in front of it and began punching it with unimaginable force. The shield began to crack. I felt so helpless. Why did I feel so helpless? This wasn’t like me. I felt myself go back into my emotional trance but was snapped back by TD.

He held my shoulders firmly,.“Celestia, I want you to look at me.”

“But… He… You--”

“I said look at me! Forget about everything and just look at me!”

I nodded and stared at his face. He somehow didn’t seem worried. He just smiled that same magnificent smile to reassure me. His smile made me feel protected. Even though we were facing complete annihilation, I felt no harm could fall on me because in front of me was my brave knight, protecting me from the worst to come. It was sweet, it was welcoming, it made me feel warm inside and above all, it was contagious as I felt my lips slowly curl up.

“We’re gonna get through this. Got that?”

I nodded but I wasn’t sure. “But TD, what can I do? She’s too powerful now.”

“It doesn’t matter! You raised the sun and moon for a millennium for crying out loud. You’ve dealt with Blueblood more than I have. Twilight never shuts up about how you’ve taken on hell and back!”

“But what if that’s not enough? What if--?”

I was interrupted as TD grabbed the sides of my head, and with all the quiet dignity and grace he could muster, he firmly planted his lips into mine. Everything in the world went silent. Even the assault on my barrier was halted. After what felt like a minute, he pulled back gasping for air.

Fake TD gawked at us. “Well that was… graphic.”

With his kiss, I felt confident in myself. I felt re-energized; the strongest I had felt in centuries. TD had done it. His kiss fuelled me with the power of love!

“Take’m out,” TD said in between breaths.

I nodded grinning as my eyes glowed, and I crackled with power. Chrysalis, seeing my newfound strength, turned back into her original form for a fight. I took down the barrier and attacked her head on.

“How?!” she screamed as our horns wrestled. “I broke you!”

My confidant smile didn’t falter, much to her chagrin. “TD fixed me.”

We exchanged blow for blow, but I kept the upper hoof. TD remained the only spectator, watching us from a safe distance. I wouldn’t have had it any other way. We took flight, trying to one-up each other with complex aerial manoeuvres. Every time we collided, the shockwave would make the grass sway. I managed to tackle her midflight and she crashed down on the meadow. She got onto her hooves. Her horn glowed with great power. I replied by charging my horn with unrivalled power as I landed several yards away from her.

“I WILL END YOU!” she roared, winded from the battle as she fired a beam strong enough to incinerate a mountain.

“I’d like to see you try,” I answered calmly, panting as I too fired my own energy blast. We collided and once again, it was only a battle of wills. Lucky for me, will was not a department I was lacking in. My blast pushed through her blast and she was sent flying back a considerable distance. She rolled a few meters before skidding to a halt, unconscious.

I had won.

I shakily walked towards TD who had collapsed onto the ground due to fatigue. “I’ll admit,” he said, “that was pretty friggin awesome.”

I collapsed onto the ground next to him. I was tired and covered with bruises, and yet, I was smiling. “Yes,” I said panting, “that was most ‘awesome’.”

“Oh, it sure was.” Our hearts skipped a beat as we looked in front of us to see Chrysalis still standing. “And not that your little ‘moment’ is over, things can go back to the way they were, or should have been.”

I looked towards TD who was frozen in shock. I was tired; I knew I could not possibly win if I fought now. But TD was in no condition to defend himself. Somepony had to protect him. I steeled my resolve and shakily got on to my hooves facing her. I didn’t know how, but I’d keep him safe.

“Now now Celestia, no need to fret,” she said almost playfully as her wounds healed. “You’ve fought a decent fight and, honestly, I’m very impressed, impressed enough to spare you.” She then turned towards TD. “But he’s coming with me.”

“Never.” I stated firmly. “You can take him over my dead--”

“Celestia, that’s enough.” TD somehow mustered enough energy to get to his feet and walked next to me, wrapping an arm around my neck for support. “Don’t say anything you’ll regret.”

“I’m not going to let her take you away, TD.”

TD smirked, earning a raised eyebrow from both of us. “Why? She already lost.”

Chrysalis narrowed her eyes, “What are you…? Oh no.”

Chrysalis was bombarded with magical blasts from the sides courtesy of Cadance, with Luna not far behind. Chrysalis was sent flying to the side. She got on her hooves and began to fly away in a desperate attempt to flee. Cadance landed on the ground charging her horn with powerful love energy.

“Yippie-Ki-Yay!” she cried, firing with all her might, grinning like a trigger-happy maniac. It was a direct hit, and Chrysalis’ body began to crack away as she was engulfed in an aura of pure love. By the time the aura dissipated, Chrysalis faded away. “Motherfucker.” She blew the smoke off her horn.

Luna landed in front of me examining my wounds. I couldn’t have been more relieved. “Luna, how did you find us?”

She smiled. “We followed the light show. A most impressive display of your power, sister.”

I smiled back. “All thanks to TD.” I nudged him to answer, but none came,

“TD?” Still silent. His arm slipped off my shoulder and he fell on the grass. Worried, I placed a hoof over his head. “Oh no, oh no.” It was worse than I thought. “Luna, he has a high fever.”

Luna quickly motioned over to Cadance who came rushing next to her. “Take him back to the infirmary and treat him. He has been through much abuse in the past few days.” Cadance nodded obediently and levitated him on her back before teleporting away to the castle.

My horned glowed in preparation for teleportation. “I need to go--”

“Thou need’st rest.” She interrupted my teleportation with a hoof, as her horn begun to glow.

I wasn’t ready to sleep “But TD--”

“Is in safe hooves, sister. Cadance is no fool. She will administer proper aid to him.”

“Luna, I can’t just sleep while TD is in such state.”

Luna smiled. “We can help with that.”

I was about to question her before she hit me with what felt like a sleep spell and everything went black.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

When I woke up, I was on my bed. I never thought I’d want to sleep in but given how much energy I expelled last night, I think it would have been ok just this once. I closed my eyes letting sleep embrace. Nopony would have to worry about Chrysalis anytime soon, and TD was safe.

My eyes snapped open, “TD!” I jumped out of the bed and dashed to the infirmary. As I reached the room, Luna and Cadance stepped out. Luna noticed me approach them and smiled.

“We were heading to you room sister,” she said. “He is good as new.”

I looked at the infirmary door, and then at Luna. “Can I?”

She nodded. “You deserve it.”

They walked away to heavens knows where and I didn’t care. I took a deep breath and opened the door. TD was sitting on the side of the bed contemplating.

“Can I come in?”

“Yeah, sure,” he replied.

I sat next to him and remained silent for a while.

“Interesting night, huh?” he said.

I nodded. “It was an experience.”

TD rubbed his temples; he seemed unsettled for obvious reasons, “So what was that thing? And what did it want from me?”

I sighed. “I believe an explanation is in order.”

He deserved one.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“That was… a lot to take in,” TD said quietly through a shocked expression. I explained everything to him, from the love poison to Chrysalis’ hoof in the story. He just kept staring at me in shock as I told him the story from start to end.

“I’m sorry, TD.” I hated that I found the floor a lot more interesting at the moment. “I didn’t mean to cause any harm.”

“Yeah,” he answered.

We remained silent for a few moments. I decided to speak. “So what will you do now?”

He remained silent and contemplated before giving a long sigh. “I’m going back to Ponyville.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Just like that?”

“I’m tired, Celestia.” He stood up and stretched his arms. “I miss the foals, Twilight and company must be worrying their plots off over me, and I haven’t slept on my bed in ages. I just want to go home and put this whole ordeal behind me.”

I nodded understandably. “At least let me get your things.”

I levitated my horn for a long distance levitation spell. TD’s suitcase came floating in along with his laptop which Cadance was being dragged with.

“Oh.” She smiled, embarrassed. “Right.” TD grabbed the handle of the suitcase and held the laptop in his am.

“Well, I’ll be on my way then.” He began to walk away. Before he exited the door, he turned to me. “Thanks for looking out for me.”

I smiled, grateful he wasn’t as upset as he could have been, and waved farewell.

Author's Note:

Written by BronyWriter.

I need to do some shopping for the finale.