• Published 20th Dec 2013
  • 13,266 Views, 705 Comments

To Love A Non-Brony - The Forgotten Host



TD and Celestia. Without a doubt one of Equestria's greatest rivalries. Imagine Celestia's surprise when she is asked out on a date by none other than TD.

  • ...
72
 705
 13,266

Nighteist Nuts

The door to my bedchambers had been shut closed, and the room illuminated by a bedside lamp. I, along with Cadance, was sitting on the bed. Cadance stared at me with eyes wide open, pupils so dilated they were barely visible. I didn’t blame her. After all, the story about how I met TD wasn’t what most would consider being “heart warming.”

“So let me get this straight,” she began. Though she sat motionlessly, her shocked facial expression told a whole different story “Your new coltfriend is a creature not from this dimension whom you brought here by accident.”

I nodded, trying to keep a straight face as she continued. I honestly didn’t know what I should have been feeling.

“In your first meeting, you told him you didn’t know how to send him home, so in response to that, he punched you in the face.”

“Correct,” I stated somewhat embarrassed.

“And in response to that, the elements, including Twilight, gave him a beating”

“That indeed sums it up,” I said, placing a hoof on the back of my head.

There was a long and very much awkward silence in the room. When Cadance opened her mouth to speak, I smiled awkwardly expecting the worst possible comment.

“Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!” she squeed, holding the sides of her face with her hooves. Curious joy was etched on to her face. “That’s beautiful!”

Alright, that may have been literally the last thing I expected her to say. I tilted my head questioningly. She looked like she was lost in her own world of joy as if she had read another one of her romance novels.

“Um… what?”

“Think about it, Aunt Celestia,” she said, pulling me close to her side with a foreleg around my shoulder, the other foreleg extended into space pointing at nothing in particular. “Two inter-dimensional star-crossed lovers, separated by racial difference.”

“Racial difference?” I asked with a raised eyebrow. She either didn’t hear me in her excitement or didn’t care, letting go of me and striking an exaggerated pose with forelegs grasping her chest tightly. Her eyes closed and displaying overacted sorrow. “Their first meeting met with confusion and rage; a result of the fear of his new surroundings.”

She then extended one hoof, craning her head backward slightly. “Yet destiny brought our two lovers again for its own mysterious design. The destination to their romance unclear and unknown, yet as they struggle to break the foul shackles of fate, they will--”

I put a hoof on her mouth almost forcefully out of share humiliation before she quoted any more lines from her romance novels. My face was practically red from blushing. “I think that would be enough, dearest niece,” I said through a pained smile.

She pushed my hoof away with hers and giggled. “Just joking, Auntie. Nevertheless, I’m very happy for you.”

I almost huffed in frustration at Cadance’s behaviour, but instead opted to give a gentle sigh. “Much appreciated, Cadance.”

She nodded with a smile on her face. Just then the door opened, and Luna walked in with stern pose. “And just like that, our shift has finally come to an end.” Her pose then deflated as she sighed. “It took long enough.”

“Long night?” asked Cadance as Luna walked over to the bed.

“Thou hast no idea,” she groaned as she sat down.

“Aunt Celestia was just telling me about her first encounter with her coltfriend,” Cadence said, still giddy with her excitement.

Before Luna could question her less than predictable reaction, I interrupted with a hoof. “Don’t ask.”

“So Aunt Luna,” Cadance asked “How did you meet TD?”

Seventeen Long Minutes Later

“On the chair?!” Cadance gasped, dumbfounded after an excruciatingly detailed recall of that night’s memory. Honestly, who in the right mind would use the words ‘sickening crunch’ while elaborating the story about how they almost brutally murdered someone?

“‘Twas not one of our brightest moments,” Luna muttered, finding whatever was in the corner of her eye quite interesting.

I interjected before things got out of hoof. “But that is all in the past. TD has forgiven the both of us and is willing to move on.”

Cadance seemingly calmed down. “I see.”

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Chrysalis wiped the green blood of her former subject off her face, giving a content sigh as her rage finally subsided. She had crushed, burned and mutilated the majority of her swarm. It didn’t really matter to her. They were just bodies to take over if she happened to stumble upon an untimely demise, which is what made their betrayal all the more surprising. Still she made sure not to kill all of them, just in case, trapping them in cocoons. These contingencies would come in handy sooner or later.

She nonchalantly gazed at the cocoon, marvelling at her work as if it was some kind twisted form of art. “And that is why,” she said with a deceptively gentle smile, wiping her hole covered hoof across the green stasis, “mother knows best.”

She turned away and began to walk through the carnage she had brought upon her people. The inside of the giant hive was eerily quiet. Without the buzzing of millions of membranous wings, everything felt dead figuratively as well as literally. She kept wandering until she came across the room she was looking for. There was nothing in it but a greenish black mass twisted and turned to look like a throne and objects resembling small lamps giving ominous green glows on all four corners of the room. Lucky for Chrysalis, she preferred quality over aesthetic appeal, sitting down on the structure with a contented sigh.

“Much better,” she said, laying her head on the armrest and her body on the seat leaving her back legs to freely dangle in the air over the opposite arm rest. She thought back to that night when she made her “agreement” with the wretched witch Celestia. Oh how magnificent it felt having the upper hoof on her, being the stronger of the two.

This was the best plan she had in a while, completely foolproof; all because she was head over heels for the human. She smirked at the prospect of the Princess Celestia having a schoolfilly crush. Honestly, what was about that scrawny little Minotaur thingy that she adored so much?

It didn’t matter; she had all the love she needed. This called for a nice long nap. Chrysalis closed her eyes, letting the Luna’s magic do her work. Life was good.

Her eyes snapped open and she sat back up. What was it about the human that she found so tantalizing? She was genuinely curious. That thing didn’t seem very charming, nor was it particularly smart. So what was it? She put a hoof on her chin in deep thought. No answer came. “What is your secret?” she thought out loud. It didn’t have magic, which made her all the more interested. Having nothing better to do for the next several hours or days, she decided to find out. Getting on her hooves, she made her way out of the hive stomping on the head of a changeling that managed to cling onto life on the way out. Exiting the hive through one of the many holes on the structure, she was greeted with cool air.

Spreading her insect wings, she flew into the night sky. If she was going there again, she might as well have another helping of love from Celestia. She smiled as she sped through the air with speeds rivalling the Element of Loyalty. Life wasn’t just good; life was great.

Author's Note:

Edited by BronyWriter.

I was just skimming through the story and I noticed something: Holy Shit it got a whole lot darker from the first few chapters. I remember wanting to make this a light-hearted romantic comedy focusing more on comedy than romance. That is why I thought I'd get away with the end of the love poison arc because no one would take it seriously. So I'm curious, should I transition back into the light hearted aspects or should I let things go on as they are right now?

Again, constructive criticism is much appreciated.