• Published 16th Dec 2013
  • 782 Views, 25 Comments

My New Life In Equestria - Pesoen



John woke up, not knowing where he was, as he did not see his cieling over his head,he never expected to wake up in Equestria, or more specifically, on the edge of the Everfree forest near Ponyvile.

  • ...
12
 25
 782

Chapter 3 Party

As the train arrived at Ponyville, they all got off, Johns hand was a bit numb from all the mane brushing, but he did not mind, as even Fluttershy wanted to try in the end. They all split up, Twilight heading for the library Rarity and John heading for the Carousel Boutique, to get his measurements. Pinkie headed straight for the Sugarcube Corner to finish up preparations for the party. Applejack walked towards Sweet Apple Acres, Fluttershy towards her cottage, and Rainbow Dash flew up on a sky, possibly to take a nap. Rarity of course took the measurements and had a small black jacket with a red stripe down the back, made within 10 minutes, she really is skilled with a needle and thread. he thought as he admired the jacket, fitting perfectly.

“So, how did I do? Does it fit all right?” Rarity asked.

“Yes it fits me perfectly. And I love the colors, I might want another one made soon, with a specific pattern I have in mind, but for now let’s get some nice clothes for Pinkie’s party, how about some pants in the same style, with a red stripe down the back of each leg?” John said, imagining how it would look.

“I must say, you do have a great sense of style darling. Are you sure you were not a fashion designer back in your world?” Rarity asked.

“I am quite sure, the last thing I remember about fashion, is how all the people who asked me about it, told me how little sense I have about it, but that’s because the fashion in this world and the fashion in my world are very different from each other.” He said looking at rarity, who already had the black pants made, just needed the red stripes. “You have incredible speeds, in my world something like this would take about an hour, for something very high quality, but here it takes less than a minute, even though you haven’t made any clothes for a human before.”

“It must be because I have to be prepared for any request and therefore I have learned to make clothes with high quality, in the shortest amount of time.” She said, just putting the finishing touches to the pants, before handing them over to John, who then changed behind a curtain.

“Just like the jacket it fits perfectly, and they look awesome as well, shall we get going towards the library, so we can pick up Twilight before going to Sugarcube Corner?” John asked Rarity, who was putting her tools down.

“I have to change too you know.” She replied, looking at him with a small smile.

“Oh right, I forgot you all have nice clothes too, on a side note, where is sweetie belle, and the rest of the Cutie Mark Crusader’s? I haven’t seen them yet.” John asked, looking around a bit, not touching anything.

“They are camping in their clubhouse for a few days, but I’m sure you will meet them tomorrow when you are bucking apples, they usually hang out around the barn and try all sorts of things to get their cutie marks.” She chuckled. About a minute later she came down wearing the same dress she had on at the grand galloping gala.

“Wow, it's quite something to see it like this.” John said as he looked at the dress. Rarity blushed a bit.

“Well it's not every day pinkie holds a party for a new creature in Equestria, and I was not really using it much anyway.” John and Rarity left for the library, meeting Spike, Twilight, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Applejack just outside Sugarcube Corner, all of them wearing the same dress as the one they used at the Grand Galloping Gala.

“I’m starting to feel underdressed here, spike has a fancy tuxedo, the rest of you all wear the same dresses as the Grand Galloping Gala, which looks really good on all of you, and I’m just wearing a fashionable jacket with matching pants.” John said, with a slight smile.

“You don’t have to fear, I’m sure Pinkie is not wearing her dress, when she is in a party mood, she usually just parties in whatever she is wearing.” Twilight said.

“I’m still feeling underdressed, but I still can’t wait for the party to start, I have always been wondering what it's like to actually be at a Pinkie Party.” A few seconds later, music started to play inside Sugarcube Corner.

“Sounds like the party is starting, we better head inside.” Twilight said. Just as we headed inside, the song changed

“Wow I have heard this song before, it’s in my world too.” John said, before seeing the great amount of ponies who stared at him. “Right, forgot I’m the only human around.”

“Hi John!” Pinkie shouted as she ran up to him and gave him a hug. “I hope you don’t mind, I invited all of my friends”

“I don’t mind Pinkie, I had just forgotten for a second that I’m not in my world, shall we get the introduction out of the way, or is there cake hidden somewhere” John chuckled at the last bit.

“You should start with introduction, it might make it easier for everypony to understand what you are.” Twilight said.

“Ok then, pinkie could you find a microphone? That way they can hear me in the back too.” John said.

“Sure I will just ask Vinyl for one, she usually brings one so she can get the crowd singing along.” Pinkie said as she hopped away.

“Should we come with you darling?” Rarity asked.

“No it's ok, if I get attacked and need help I will call for it.” John said.

“I don’t think anypony would attack you.” Twilight said.

“Even so, they might due to me being a new ‘thing’ in town, so I’m just saying this in case something happens.”

“Ok then, we won't help unless you call for help, or collapse on the floor.” Twilight said. Pinkie returned with a wireless microphone, and handed it to John.

“Thank you Pinkie, as soon as this song ends, I will introduce myself.” John said, before walking towards the stage.


The song ended and everypony cheered. John got up on the stage, looked at Vinyl who simply nodded back, then turned to the crowd. “Sorry for stopping the music, but don’t worry, I won't take long.” He said, as he looked around the room, noting where the cake was placed, as well as the drinks. “My name is John, I’m a human and so far the only human in Equestria, I’m going to work at Sweet Apple Acres with Applejack, and I just wanted to say hello.” John then looked around at the different ponies as they studied him. “if anyone has a question, I will be near the cake as soon as I get down from here” he turned to vinyl and nodded, as he did, the music came back on, and John made his way to the cake, where Twilight and the rest of the group was standing. “I didn’t expect questions from you all so soon.” He said laughing a little.

“We are not here to ask questions John.” Twilight said with a small frown. “We wanted to say great introduction, short and straight to the point.”

“Thank you, but I don’t really deserve any credit for it, I’m not good at making speeches so I just said the most useful info.”

“You still kept a good posture, and looked like you knew what you were doing darling.” Rarity said.

“Ya even said were you are going to work, not exactly important info.” Applejack said with a smile.

“I didn’t know what else to say, I have never had to introduce myself to anyone before.” John replied.

“You still did a fantastic job at it.” Pinkie said as energetic as ever. John took a piece of cake, and took a bite.

“Wow, really good cake Pinkie.” He commented.

“Thank you, it's a standard birthday cake, but with a different text on it.” She said.

“Even so, it's still very tasty.”

“Excuse me, John?” a mare asked.

“Yes, any questions?” Jon replied.

“Yes, how old are you? If you don’t mind me asking that.” The mare said.

“I don’t mind questions, I’m 22 years old, in human years. Not sure how much that is in pony years, any other questions?”

“Just one, would you mind if I interview you a news article?”

“Nope, I won't mind one bit.”

“Thank you, when is it best for you?”

“I think I have tomorrow free, so why not tomorrow at noon?”

“That would be great thank you” she said as she turned around.

“Hey wait, what’s your name?”

“My name is Daisy Sprinkles.” she said, as she walked away.

“Ok then, interview tomorrow at noon.” He confirmed with himself.


The next day arrived, John was interviewed, Twilight had already asked most of the questions, so it was not hard for him to answer them. It took around two hours to complete the interview.

“John, could you be a darling and come to my boutique for a moment, I have some new clothes for you to try on” Rarity called out.

“Sure, I would love to see what you made me.” John replied. A few minutes later they arrived at Rarity’s shop.

“Ok then, what have you made me?” John asked excited.

“Some more clothes in the same style as the ones you already have, but in different colors.” She turned to John. “And I would like to see the pattern you talked about.”

“Of course, I almost forgot about the pattern.” About an hour later, the jacket was done, with a cool pattern, with multiple colors blending into each other.

“How do you like it sweetie? Personally I love it, it's new, but still very fashionable” Rarity asked.

“It looks even better than I thought it would, you really are fantastic with a needle and thread, and some magic.”

“You flatter me John, but yes I must say it looks incredible.”

“I better get going, Applejack said something about meeting the Cutie Mark Crusader.”

“Just remember, if you need some more clothes, or need some of it fixed, just tell me.” Rarity said, as John left the Boutique

“Don’t worry, I will.” He said, waving as he left. After ten minutes of walking, John suddenly fell to the ground, felling some hooves on his backs.

“What is this?” he heard a filly voice. Who he quickly remembered as Scootaloo

“I don’t know Scootaloo, but it might be what Applejack was talking about.” He heard Sweetie Belle say.

“This may not be the best impression we could make.” Applebloom said, as the three fillies jumped off his back.

“It's ok, I was not expecting you to put me to the ground, but I was expecting to meet you.” John replied to Applebloom, before getting up, and dusting himself off.

“Are ya sure it's ok? Did we hurt you?” Applebloom asked.

“Yes I’m fine, takes more than that to take me out, and no, you did not hurt me, only my pride”

“Are you sure?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“Yes I’m sure, you are not heavy compared to other things that I have had on my back.” John replied

“Ok then, let’s introduce ourselves.” Scootaloo said, before starting out. “I’m Scootaloo.”

“I’m Sweetie Belle.”

“And I’m Applebloom.” They then started in unison “and we are the Cutie Mark Crusaders!”

“Great to meet you all, I’m John, the first and so far only human in Equestria, and I’m going to be working with Applejack at the farm.”

“Cool. We better get going, we have lots of crusading to do today, see ya later John” Applebloom said before rushing off with Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle.

“Bye, see you all later” John replied. He then noticed twilight running up to him. “Hey Twilight, something wrong, or perhaps a new question?”

“something might be wrong, since you have arrived I have been sensing some strange magic, but it seems to fade whenever you are not around, and when I get near you, I can sense it again.” She said, sounding a bit worried.

“Wait a second, let me get this straight, I have magic?” he asked.

“Maybe, I can’t tell for sure before you try to use it.”

“Ok how do I use it then? I don’t have a horn to channel the magic through.” He said pointing to his forehead.

“Try doing that, with your finger.” Twilight said.

“Pointing? Ok then, but I still don’t know how to use magic.”

“Don’t worry, since I’m really good at magic we can start with a simple spell, try levitating that little rock” she pointed her hoof at a nearby rock.

“Ok, how do I do that, just point my finger at it and think levitate?” he asked sarcastically.

“Actually yes, it's the most simple spell there is, the first one most unicorns learn to use.” She replied.

“Ok then, here goes nothing.”

Author's Note:

ok then, i have now made a new choice, im just gonna let the chapters out whenever they are done, but will try to keep it as minimum of one pr week. Maybe more, but not during hollidays or other special occations. Hope you so far enjoy the story, and keep up the criticism.