• Published 24th Dec 2013
  • 669 Views, 4 Comments

The Life OF Prince Dan. - XxShawn UndtaleXx



"My life seems so meaningless without my Sunshine. It was my weakness that got her killed; my mistakes are why I mourn alone. Not even the Elements could comfort me as I buried the only pony I ever loved."

  • ...
3
 4
 669

The Truth Of Dan's Power

He continued to smile, though he began to calm down ever so slightly. He still held his threatening glare, however. The sisters' glare penetrated into his very being, causing him to slowly release his confidence. Suddenly, his attention was brought back to the pink figure, who had ceased her victorious celebration. Her eyes still beamed, but she now appeared more focused, and slightly serious.

"What's your name.. Pink one?" He stuttered across the temporary title he had applied to her. Across the beaten path, a weary Twilight rose up to her feet. Her fear and frustration showing through her eyes, "Get away from her! You will not hurt her, Dan!" Twilight's knees wobbled, and she was forced to sit, still regaining her strength.

He laughs a short bit, but then refocuses all attention on the other one. Her coat was a light shade of pink, her mane coordinating it with a deeper, raspberry hue. It curled around itself in a big mess, seemingly defying gravity. But it still made sense somehow. "I'm Pinkamena Diane Pie!", she chirped. Long name, Dan thought to himself. Almost as if she had read his mind,she spoke again, "but you can just call me Pinkie Pie, or Pinkie. Like all of my friends do! See, you weren't too far off when you guessed." She grinned from ear to ear, She seemed to be so happy just to meet someone new Her cutimark was composed of three balloons, the top one a bright yellow, the two on other side of it were a sky blue, rivaling with the color of her gleaming eyes.

That expression. For the third time, SunShine's face replaced the pink one in his vision again, but quickly flashed away. So much similarities. "You're so much like her..." he mumbled, turning around. "Wait, you haven't told me your name.", she complained as he walked away. However, Dan ignored her plea, too caught up in the rush of memories clouding his mind. HIs hooves carried him in the direction of his alicorn relatives. Celestia's sorrowful expression hinted that she could sense how much pain her child was in. "What's wrong, my son.." She spoke softly, taking a few steps forward to meet him. Her multi-color mane was not quite as flowy as usual, and drooped partly to cover a good portion of her light pink body.

She gave a small nuzzle to her son's cheek. Her dark cerulean sister said nothing, but rather nuzzled him as well. All seemed to calm down, and tensions slowly began to fall. However, as the mix of emotions swelled in his brain once again, their clash caused a physical reaction, and the shock wave pulsed from his location. Not as strong as before, but it was enough to push everyone near by back by a few steps. The tears once again welled, and spilled down the sides of his face. "I lost the only thing that loved me. Sunshine.. She's gone, mother! She was killed, and I couldn't save her. I was too weak." The tears continued to cascade as he released the flow of sadness.

The glow in Dan's eyes glowed bright as ever as he cried. However, his body began to collapse, slowly descending to the ground. Right before his body hit the ground, the shine in his eyes dulled, returning to normal. A dull thud sounded, and he laid sprawled over the paved path of Canterlot. Celestia let out a small whimper of surprise and worry, rushing towards him.

She lowered her head down towards the body of her son, pressing her nose against the side of his face. When she realized that he was not waking up, she looked up and her sister. Luna's sparkling mane flowed as usual, however it almost appeared darker than usual to fit the mood. Celestia's regal voice sounded as she addressed her sister, "It's happening again.

When he was younger, he lost control of his power, and nearly destroyed the Crystali Empire." Luna's eyes widened in surprise. During the time of Dan's upbringing, she had still been trapped on the moon as Nightmare Moon. Therefore, she had missed seeing him as a young child. She had only known the adult that Celestia still cared for. If he had been able to nearly wipe out an entire empire as a child, what could he do now?

The Crystal Empire wasn't the most extensive land out there, but it was several times the size of Canterlot. Luna then noticed that her sister's gaze had directed towards Pinkie Pie. Celestia's expression no longer held the gaze of a strong ruler, but now it let loose the desperate mother underneath. "Ms. Pie" Pinkie's expression glinted as she heard her name.. or part of it at least. "Yes? she responded, nearly forgetting to bow to her Princess. "He seems to like you more than an other pony right now.

Could you please accompany him and see if you can calm him down when he wakes?" Pinkie's grin widened again, preparing herself to respond. Before her voice could even sound, Twilight objected. "What if he wakes up, and tries to hurt her, or even ponyville?!"

She stood up, staring at her mentor At this time, seeing that the threat Dan held seemed to be gone for the time being, the other four ponies began to come back from their places of hiding. Fluttershy's head popped out from the bush, looking both ways to make sure there was no danger around.

Rainbow Dash had landed near Twilight, and emerged from behind a stone wall that shielded her from the second shock wave. Rarity and Applejack both came out from behind a near by water fountain that they had both sheltered behind. The five ponies came to surround Pinkie as if they were protecting her.

Celestia shot a glare over at Twilight, an instant defensive nature surrounding all thoughts of her son. She refused to hold anything against Dan, despite some of the times he had posed a danger. "My son may have hurt many ponies here, but that doesn't mean he is going to hurt Pinkie Pie. If he sees SunShine in her, that is a positive thing. It will keep him from entering into that kind of range that even I am powerless against."

Twilight's ears folded back, almost as if she had been slapped. She took a heavy breath, as if she was going to retort. However, a more humbled expression took over, and she lowered her head instead. Once again, she remembered that despite being a sorrowful mother, Celestia was still the wisest princess anypony knew. Applejack gently put a hoof over Twilight's shoulders, "Ah, it's alright, sugarcube.

If anyone knows how Dan'll react, it's his own mother, for apple's sake." The remaning Elements of Harmony nodded in agreement. The tall alicorn then looked back over to Pinkie and gave a slight nod. Pinkie puffed her chest out, a bold expression on her face. "No problem, Princess. -" Her voice was cut short as Dan's murmurs became audible. Everyone in the group tensed up, all directing their attention to the one appearing to be regaining consciousnes. Celestia was the first to react, flagging her sister's attneion,

"Oh no. Luna, get ready. We have no idea what's going to happen." She trotted over to her sister, and stood by her side. Dan continued to murmur and his body began to shift, struggling to break through his slumber. Finally, his head lifts from the ground, and he raises a hoof to his head, rubbing behind his ear.

His eyes blinked fully open after taking in the bright light of his mother's sun. As he took in his surroundings, he suddenly appeared shocked, looking at everyone around him. What happened heree?" His gaze first darted to his mother, trying to read her expression. It appeared to be worried and a little bit sorrowful. He then glanced over to Twilight who was posed to defend her friends if necessary.

He then looked over to Pinkie who appeared concerned for him, but was not afraid, unlike all the others. Finally, it clicked. He realized exactly what had happened, and knew that he had been the cause of it. The destruction around him was not major, but it still took quite some force to cause. "I became..'it" again, didn't, mother? The ponywho almost killed the Crystal Empire." His voice trailed off as he could no longer bear to look around him.

Rather, he dropped his head, staring at the ground he laid on. He felt bad for what he had done, but shock held back his tears with an iron fist. He sat for a few moments in completely silence, letting the scenery settle in. No one dared break the silence, rather they let him progress on his own. At last with a burst, he cried, "I'm sorry, everypony!." Before anyone could respond, he darted off, trying to escape from the guilt weighing his heart down.

A few tears stung as they escaped from his eyes. Celestia appeared to also be fighting back tears, but wished to appear strong for her subjects. With a voice that quivered ever so slightly, she addressed Rainbow Dash, "You're quick with your wings, Ms. Dash. Could you please catch up to him and stop him?" A few tears could not be held down, and the leaked out onto her cheeks.