• Published 12th Dec 2013
  • 398 Views, 0 Comments

New lunar republic - captainmidwing



This is a story about a pony who will change equestria for better or worse you decide in the end personally I a.e the author would like to know how it goes please do enjoy the story of my oc Captain mid wing

  • ...
13
 0
 398

The funeral of a hero and the birth of a villain

Rainbowdash! She heard a pony yell it was twilight she looked at her with tears in her eyes dash! I flew down to her saying “What’s wrong?” Twi then said the most horrible thing I ever heard “Mid-wings gone!” my eyes swelled up I couldn’t hold back the tears and then said quickly “he’s gone? But but but I didn’t even get to see him again since graduation.” The next thing we did was go to rarity and asked her to make us to mourning gowns she looked at us and said what’s wrong? I then replied “my friend is gone and the princess is making a speech and ceremony for him rarity freaked out as usual I smacked her and said calm down! “We just need two simple gowns” Twi then said “Yes rarity please for us?” Rarity looked at us and said of course girls give me till tomorrow ok? We left and sat in the library sharing stories about mid-wings dorky and his serious sides.

Twi’s was of him when he was older and mine about how we met and how we became friends. We laughed and cried all night the following morning me and her left for the ceremony. Just as we got off the train Shining armor and Princess Candice greeted us in all black saying how it was good to see us. And when we got to the great hall in the castle they tried to point out the wonder bolts but I didn’t care and they frowned and even spit fire a grade A flyer said at the empty coffin he was a great flyer he will be missed.

As it was my turn I rubbed my muzzle against the coffin saying I’m here Mid I miss you tears fell from my muzzle as I was sitting next to twilight and her brother I heard the door open and then Luna came into the room with tears and a face as sad as mine armor told me how he had just been made her guard captain and after the eulogy I stood on the balcony just staring at the empty night sky Luna couldn’t bring out the stars she was so sad I cried thinking of us as we played in my memories of him then Luna came out and said to me “He missed you he always said if he was gone that he didn’t want anyone to cry and here we are all with tears in our eyes.” I looked at her and said “Is that really how he went out?” She looked at me and nodded her head yes I flew off into the night just to go home then I stood at his grave for hours just crying and thinking what I wish I could of said to him.

All of a sudden I noticed that twilight and her brother were drinking tea over at a gazebo I joined them they were sad and told me about him being a great guard and everything but then when I asked about his mission they had blank faces like they knew something but couldn’t tell me. I went to bed after pondering about I didn’t sleep though I just cried even the guards saw me and I thought how uncool of me to act like this Mid would want me to stand tall even if I was there he would just be his usual self the jerk we went home me and Twilight we then heard about how some stallion with an arrow in him brought a filly to the town after we had left the filly said her older brother came home from Cloudsdale where he lived and then how some ponies were setting fire to the house ponies I never saw and how he came to her rescue and carried her all the way here but when the mayor told her he left she cried and said what about his legs they were hurt and his wings one was hurt she shook her head and said “We have a lot of ponies out looking for him don’t worry we will find him.” I told her

“Well I’m glad you’re okay I’ll go look for him okay.” The filly said hurry he might be dead. I took off as fast as I could to the forest and looked for days but couldn’t find him I gave up and came home greeted by a lot of ponies I just flew up on a cloud to cry and be alone but then I heard pinkie pie yelling for me she said that they found the stallion and he was hurt bad I took off to the clearing and the stallion looked just like mid-wing but the scar on his eye and the cutie mark had been burned everypony took off home after he had been brought then I heard his sister crying she was in there by his side I went to sleep and slept all night and day into the next morning when flutershy found me and shook me and said he’s gone!

The stallions gone and left a note you need to read I read the note out loud to everypony and it was as follows “Thank you all for taking care of me but I have to go I have a cause to fight for a meaning to live.” I took off screaming after him he was gone and when I came home I talked with the filly about how she never met her brother before I told her everything I knew about someone who was like my own brother and she smiled and was happy the mayor asked me to take care of her and I decided I would for mid-wings sake and then I realized I didn’t know her name and she told me it was Clover.

I started recruiting anypony that would join my cause for equality the New Lunar Republic was spreading fast as a fire and wasn’t going to stop well then this is the beginning of the founding so let me tell you about those who helped found our admirals board first with my second in command ST. Louie named after his father he and I came across each other while I was practicing my swordsmanship in the forest he had told me how his family was exiled from Canterlot because of how the ponies looked at our family of earth ponies not being unicorns I told him that we should team up and change the world he scoffed at me and then I told him how I was serious and the story of the beginning of my adventure to where I was now he didn’t believe me but then realized that the princess didn’t even stop the unicorn from chasing us off.

“Why would Luna be any different?” I told him “Because I met Luna and know what she wants to do.” He looked at me and said you’re that guard pony every one respected when he died and I laughed and said I don’t know do I look like a ghost pony he snickered and said no then he said “If I join you what will happen to my family?” I pondered this for quite some while and replied “they won’t know a thing about it till it is done okay?” He replied with alright and we had then went off and decided to start an admirals board a democracy about the groups actions I agreed and he showed me to his house where we ate and came up with the great idea to wear armor that hides our cutie marks and helmets he was a blacksmith now and made armor that suited us well enough he made himself a shield and sword and we went on our way to recruit all night we made posters and wrote contracts we then left for a place I wanted to see with all my heart we marched to it all day and finally we arrived Louie looked at me and said “Is this it?”

I replied with “Yes my sister’s and friends are here but they can’t know I am alive ok?” he nodded and we went onward as we entered we were met with curiosity and well sum hostility when we reached town square someponies came out with a lot of weapons and a unicorn led a group of ponies another unicorn two Pegasai and an earth pony wearing a strange hat they looked at us and I realized who they were they were Twilight’s and Dashes friend’s Louie started to draw his sword I told him to stand down.

They approached us cautiously asking who we were and what we were doing in such a strange get-up. I spoke first “I am head admiral of the Lunar Army.” The ponies faces changed and then Twi said “What do you want with ponyvile?!” Louie stated why we were there and what for after our speech a few ponies sat down with us but not Dash or Twi they told us to leave when we were done and never to return and then a pony I hadn’t seen in months ran to me and asked me if I had seen her brother Dash instantly grabbed her up and said “Those are bad people clover don’t go near them.” I told the filly I had and both ponies stopped and asked where with tears welling up in me I told them a lie one to kill their hope “I met the one you seek he was bleeding to death in Everfree I tried to help but I was too late I buried him there and prayed that he would be with his ancestors in the stars with the almighty moon.” They left with tears I just couldn’t help it I yelled to them wait when I returned with flowers he was gone after thanking me.

We left with 6 other ponies and told the mayor that we thank you for your services and letting us stay here she looked angrily at me and said that’s the courteous kind our princess is. I replied with the same one who killed my family under my breath she then left dash smiled and waved at us the Louie asked were they the two? And I replied with yes and a heavy heart with it. The other ponies asked “where is our base?” I thought hard and decided “It’s in the mountains we went to the ruins of the old wizard unicorn kingdom immediately the other ponies asked who we were we told them our ranks and that when they had enough ponies we would have 7 more admirals to join us in council but first the base had to be fixed up and then we would have to figure out how to get supplies and make armor it would be tough but we would build our nation from here on we then circled each other and said “For Luna!”

It had been months since we made our new nation and we had secured supplies from both Cloudsdale and information from Canterlot we also had weapons made for everypony and then we decided it was time we made a new admiral we decided on the unicorn Crane she was as pink as the bird Crane and she had a lot of magical power and good with our money so she is in charge of our money and supplies. Louie didn’t like the idea of a unicorn but he had no arguments after hearing how her family had to struggle to survive they became friends very easily. I still worry about how Luna will take our cause but then again we are about equality even if we don’t have Luna on our side we can always keep her as our figurehead. During our second recruitment visit we had to pass through ponyvile we asked for permission and received no reply we gathered our gear and started once we got there however it looked like a warzone and we marched into town with weapons at the ready that’s when we met someone I never wanted to run into A rampaging spike he was as big as an original dragon I told the others to retreat and go around not to get caught by the wonder bolts when they arrived I was herding him away and they ruined the plan and almost got killed doing it poor spitfire didn’t even recognize her old student when the ponies of ponyvile came back with royal guards princess Celestia met us and next to her stood our princess we saluted our hooves to our chest to Luna and the other guards stood at the ready to attack us we drew our swords and shields to defend ourselves and then I saw him my old friend Shining armor I threw him off his game by saying. “What a shiny horny for a fancy unicorn.”

I and Louie and Crane stood there waiting when Crane lit her horn Luna came up to us and said “Why do you fight not serve our empire here?” I replied with something only she and I would know “The sun will never be as beautiful as the moon” She then turned to her sister who said “How do you know that saying?” I told her I heard it from a mutual friend and she said I do not condone your actions. I then said what saving the Wonder bolts trying to save ponyvile and stopping this baby dragon from killing everypony here. The guards stood down and then my own brother Armor said “Thank you” Spit-fire came to our group and said I haven’t seen flying like that since my friend died I told her thank you and she went to the other guard’s and then Applejack one of Dashes friends ran into our group yelling for Applebloom I asked if it was the red mane filly over there pointing to the statue in middle of town she ran to her in tears Crane was healing her with her magic and said we are only passing through we will leave now your majesty.

Princess Celestia bowed her head we all said “Her majesty Luna.” That was blushing and bowed her head and while we walked away Twi ran towards us to thank us for not killing her friend spike I told her you’re welcome and left to go to our next city Cloudsdale to recruit more Pegasai. We made a cloud stair case to get everypony to the academy where we recruited so many Ponies word had spread about us and we left along with 30 ponies we rode a large cloud to the castle and introduced everyone we admirals voted on another admiral his name was Nightgazer he was black as night and had a cutie mark of what looked to be a constellation of a pony.

Then we had our first ceremony of the admirals where we discussed our next action we thought of many things where our next recruitment will be and where we should assault first many things were discussed. But overall we had decided to argue about the leadership and how I was only one fit to lead and then I told them the only true leader is Luna and they looked at me with great surprise. I then gave my speech “We who work to bring this empire to the ground and bring up our republic where everypony votes for the betterment of our cities our homes our brothers and our sisters all that we hold dear and only Luna can bring that change only she can fight her sister whether she knows it or not.” As soon as the gaping mouths were gone I then said “Admirals dismissed!”

Author's Note:

okay so yeah big shocker hes not dead personally i hope this is still okay but still have doubts so hope you enjoy it