• Published 25th Jan 2014
  • 951 Views, 7 Comments

Breaking Habits ( temporary title ) - KittyGoesInsane



Discord and Twilight accidently get trapped in another universe and have to find their way out somehow.

  • ...
1
 7
 951

The written word, still can hurt

It wasn't possible. It couldn't be possible in any logical way.
Twilight Sparkle stared at the mysterious box, the tree of harmony gave to her. She had tried everything to open it:
Almost every single key in Equestria, magic fake keys, alicorn magic, she even went to the not-so-snobby parts of Canterlot and Manehatten to ask the not-so-good citizens for help, but they couldn't open it either.
Twilight was left with only her books to study for an answer. The box, though, wasn't the only thing that was bothering the purple mare right now.

“Discord, for the last time, stop eating my books!”, she grumbled at the draconequus who was eagerly chewing.

“Twilight, my dear, what are you thinking? Books have far too many calories and I have to watch my weight.”

She shot a glare at him but continued reading a book about magical keys and locks she found in the Canterlot archives. Twilight hoped that it would provide the information she searched for.
Discord, however, didn’t stop talking.

“I’m only eating the words, they’re more delicious anyway.
Mhh, A.K.Yearling’s books are the best. They always taste like blueberry muffins.”

That made the mare stop reading and examine the book that Discord was holding in his mis-matched hands.
She then said in a calm and quiet tone:

“You have gone to far.”

“What was that?,” he asked and looked up only to see something purple approaching him with rapid speed.
Before the spirit of chaos could react, he was tackled down by a very angry looking Twilight.

YOU WON’T GET AWAY WITH EATING THE NEWEST DARING DO BOOK! “, she shouted in the royal canterlot voice and snatched her precious book away from Discord.
Then she flew through the library and put it under the glass box that contained the elements of harmony a while ago. The spell that prevented Discord from taking whatever was inside of it , was still active and the book safe for now.
Meanwhile Discord had picked himself up, quite literally, and stared at Twilight, a bit surprised from the mares sudden outburst.
Twilight looked angrily back at him, her wings flared. Even Discord had to admit that it looked a little intimidating, but he quickly regained his composure.

“My dear Twilight, I thought a noble princess like you would be able to solve her problems without violence.” he said mockingly while dusting himself off. There was a brief silence between them and it looked like Twilight would charge him again. But then she took a deep breath and folded her wings again. Discord relaxed however the lavender mare wasn’t done with him yet. Twilight sighed but then fixed her glare on the draconequus and said with a voice that could have frozen lava:

“ If you ever dare to touch my books again, I will show you how I solve a problem without violence”

Something told Discord that he didn’t wanted to know how she would do that and he decided he would never mess with the mares books again. Maybe just a little. But definitely not with the Daring Do ones.

“Do you understand that?”, Twilight asked, her horn slightly glowing as if to strengthen her statement.
The spirit then snapped his eagle talon and changed into Pinkie Pie.

“Cross my heart and hope to fly , stick a cupcake in my eye.”

Even though he looked like the party pony, discord’s voice didn’t change, what made a kinda disturbing contrast. Finally Twilight relaxed and was just about to continue her studies as she noticed something and asked:

“Why are you here anyway?”

attention.
Discord answered while looking around the library for something new that was worth his
“I am bored, what other reason would there be? Fluttershy spends the day with Rainbow Dash watching a butterfly migration and I am not really interested in it since I can turn into my own butterfly migration.”

“And the library was the most interesting thing you thought of ? I’m surprised.”

Twilight Sparkle observed him while he went to the kitchen, searching for something fun.

“ A library can be the most fun place around but you just banned me from touching the books, what kinda takes the fun out of a place made to read and storage books.”

Discord returned from the kitchen. In his hands he held a cornflakes box filled with cornflake like pellets. A faint smile crept onto Twilights face.

“Why are you still here then?”, she asked, her smile slowly widening.
Discord thought about it for a moment, took a few pellets and stated:
“Pinkie Pie has to work today so I can’t bother her and being alone isn’t as fun as it used to be.
There’s also a change of you finding out, how to open the mysterious box. that would certainly be interesting”

Twilight sighed. She wanted to study, but that would have to wait, since she knew for sure that the draconequus wouldn’t leave her alone and if she’d threw him out, he most definitely would get into trouble. She had to do something about him.

“ I got an offer for you. I’ll keep boredom away from you for today and you let me study the rest of the week. Alone.”

Discord ate the pellets in his hand and chewed before answering.

“ Deal, though I can’t imagine anything fun in to do in Ponyvi- Eww , this stuff tastes worse than fried pencils. Why would anybody want to eat that ? “

Barely holding back laughter the mare answered.

“Oh let the fun stuff be my problem, and if you don’t like it, you can just go home to wherever you live. Just because we summoned you a while ago, doesn't mean you have to stay here.”

Before they left the library Discord couldn’t help but asking slightly confused.

“ Why are you grinning like that? “

“ You were eating owl food. “

Author's Note:

There it is :D I have no real idea of what will be happening in the future and it could take a while before a second chapter comes out....
Sorry for that :/
Anyway, please tell me what you think of it and feel free to correct any mistakes you find :)
And I just noticed that I barely managed to break the 1000 word border.....
I am sorry for the shortness of this chapter.... I wrote it in school because inspiration struck me xD
I'll try to make the next one longer

Comments ( 7 )

I WANT MORE
ITS FUCKING PERFECT :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

3843684

I LOVE YOU ; THANK YOU :3

3844398 I LOVE YOU TOO SISTER
YOU'RE WELCOME

OMG owl food! XD OMG more I want so much more!

3961790
:heart: :heart:
I'm already done with the prewriting for the second chapter I just need to find it again T_T
It's in one of my school folders..... I have no idea which one though :pinkiegasp:

Login or register to comment