• Published 27th Dec 2013
  • 1,654 Views, 17 Comments

The Tale of Two Suns - CroakerGamer



Sunset Shimmer's story isn't over yet. With the help of a shady character, they will uncover a lie that Equestria will not soon forget

  • ...
9
 17
 1,654

Flammable

Sunset was walking in the outskirts of Humanville, around where the dump was. That’s were Reggie would be. Sunset looked down at the ground as she walked. She kept playing that scene in her head over and over again. Rainbow Dash seemed so upset. Sunset wanted to turn around and talk to her in person instead of having the news trickle down the grape vine to her. This wasn’t the only thing troubling Sunset, however.

She knew she could always return, that’s how she convinced her friends to all agree. She would confront Princess Celestia about the matter and learn the truth, but what after that? Several options filled her mind. She could take over as a just ruler of Equestria, exposing Princess Celestia for the fraud she was. She could set Celestia straight, once again exposing the lie and hope she could persuade… or even threaten Celestia to rule properly.

What am I thinking, Sunset thought. This was a princess she was dealing with! The ruler of Equestria! Sunset’s simple minded strategies caused her to lose faith in her decision.

Now in a depressed state, she quickened her pace to Reggie. Maybe he could give her some reassurance on traveling back to Canterlot. On her way, she crossed paths with several people. No one seemed to give a second thought to a teenage girl walking into a garbage dump as strange.

After a half hour of searching, she found Reggie standing next to a pile of junk. She wondered how long he had stood there, as if her were the statue they were looking for. He looked up and made eye contact with Sunset. She shivered. Why did he have to be so ominous and creepy.

“My Dear, you’ve made it! Congratulations. Putting your mind to a task is the first step.” Reggie started. “I take it you are ready to depart?”

“Mr. Reggie,” Sunset started to reply. “I have some concerns.”

“Concerns, eh? Well, I can clarify any cloudy topic. But do hurry, our window of travel in to close soon.”

“Right.” Sunset took a deep breath. “You want me to confront Princess Celestia about this lie she told to keep her destiny. The same one I should have. What if I don’t want to raise the sun?” Reggie’s stare transformed into a harsh glare. He remainded silent until Sunset finished.

“Princess Celestia has raised the sun for hundreds of years, right? I wouldn’t know where to begin if I took over. And ruling Equestria?! That’s a really big responsibility to just drop on some one.”

“This isn’t about your inabilities, is it Sunset.” This was the first time since they had met that Reggie used her real name and not a nick name. It chilled her.

“I’ve told you, Equestria would rather have a just, pure ruler and shall remain patient with the raise of Princess Sunset Shimmer. You have the power, Dearie. You’ve learned the same lessons of friendship as Twilight has. It may be hard to believe but you are Twilight’s equal. Now tell me what is really stalling you.” Reggie’s words had such strength it was hard to respond. He could read Sunset like a book.

“Reggie, I… I’ve made friends that mean the world to me. If I leave now, I may lose them. I can’t do that to them. I can’t do that to me. They are worth more than some silly old destiny. I’ll gladly swallow my pride and let Celetia continue to reign over Equestria. I suggest you do the same Reggie.”

Reggie was stunned. Had he not planned for such resistance? Her glare softened. He smirked his psychotic grin. “I’ve put you through too much Sunset. Your overwhelmed by vast knowledge over a small period of time. I gave you a choice, but in reality there is none. You ARE coming with me, Dearie!”

Reggie assumed a stance, ready to attack. Sunset didn’t know how to react, she was petrified. What had just happened? Reggie’s attitude had done a compete one eighty!

Reggie used all the might he had in his frail old body to swing his cane. It made contact with Sunset’s skull with a sickening “Thunk.”

Sunset fell to the dirty ground and blacked out.