• Published 8th Dec 2013
  • 2,202 Views, 73 Comments

MLPU: The Incredible Flutterage - TheInvincibleIronBrony



Fluttershy becomes the angriest hero Equestria has ever seen

  • ...
8
 73
 2,202

Lost and Found

Fluttershy woke up, blinking sleep from her eyes as she yawned and stretched. She looked at the messy, unfamiliar room for a moment as she recalled whose bed she was in. She turned to the clock with bleary, tired eyes, surprised that it was nearly noon. I haven't slept that long in years, Fluttershy thought, feeling well rested for the first time since her accident.

"If we don't move soon, Hurricane will find her." Fluttershy heard a familiar voice from the living room, although she couldn't recall where she'd heard it.

"Well, moving her is just as risky. Where do we even go?" she heard Boot say as she got out of bed and walked to the door.

"We have-" the unknown speaker started as Fluttershy opened the door. Fluttershy was surprised when she locked eyes with the mare that had warned her of Hurricane in Bassett Town. "Oh. Good afternoon, Fluttershy," the mare greeted.

Boot looked guiltily at Fluttershy. "I can explain. She's not here to take you in," he told her, holding up his hands as if to calm Fluttershy.

Fluttershy stared at the mare. "I know," she said, taking Boot by surprise. "She warned me in Bassett Town... that Hurricane was coming," Fluttershy told him, still feeling reluctant to trust the stranger. Boot nodded his head in understanding, while Fluttershy stood in the bedroom door.

After a few moments of silence the mare stood up. "I'm sorry if this seems forward, Fluttershy, but I think it would be best if we got you out of Dodger City. We think General Hurricane might still be keeping an eye on Boot Strap," she explained giving Fluttershy an apologetic look.

"Who thinks that?" Fluttershy asked quietly.

"Sorry?" the mare asked confused.

Fluttershy took a deep breath before she spoke. "I want to know who you are and who you represent," she said gulping. "Please," she added meekly.

The mare's eyes widened in astonishment. "Oh, I'm so sorry. I am Agent Rarity Belle of S.H.I.E.L.D.," she explained. "We've been keeping an eye on you for awhile now and we've done our best to help keep you hidden. The indecent in Basset Town was caused by an information leak that has been dealt with," Rarity continued as she sat back down on the couch and grabbed a bag off of the floor. "Now as I said before, it's best if we leave. The sooner the better," she started.

"I need to go to Manehattan," Fluttershy said, stopping Rarity before she could continue. Rarity gave her a confused look and opened her mouth to argue. "There's a scientist there that I think is trying to recreate my experiment and he needs to be warned," Fluttershy explained, again, cutting Rarity off.

Rarity's increasingly critical look drying up the meeker mare's confidence."I don't advise this," Rarity said. "We know what they're up to, but-"

"No, you don't know!" Fluttershy snapped, tears forming in her eyes. "You don't know what it's like. I do. You can't just drop out of the sky and start telling me what to do. For all I know you just want the monster too," Fluttershy said, her breathing becoming more irregular. Rarity's hand was in her purse, probably on a gun.

Fluttershy took a calming breath before she continued. "I can talk to Stern and convince him he can't trust Hurricane," she said. "He's on the verge of making an enormous mistake. If he does, Hurricane wins," she finished.

Rarity looked into Fluttershy's eyes as if she were trying to read her. "We aren't asking Agent Belle," Boot said, moving to stand beside Fluttershy. "We're going."

Rarity looked troubled at the show of defiance. "I know you only mean to help, but you are putting yourself at risk. The closer you get to Stern, the closer Hurricane gets to you," Rarity argued, her voice losing it's calm.

"At least then I know what to expect," Fluttershy replied. Rarity gave her a surprised look. "After all the time I spent running from organization's like yours, I can't just believe that S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't want the monster in me," Fluttershy continued.

Rarity took a calming breath. "If this is your plan, then my involvement will have to be from a distance. I can't afford to alert Hurricane that I've helped you," she told them. Fluttershy looked relieved. "I will be able to ensure you make it to Manehattan however," Rarity offered, hoping they would reconsider.

Boot looked at Fluttershy who nodded at him. "Sounds good to us," he replied.

Rarity stood up and held out a hand to Fluttershy. "Until next time then," she said as Fluttershy eyed her hand before shaking it. "We will be watching," she told them as she walked to the door and left.

//////////////////////////

Fluttershy looked at the crowd from beneath her hood, hoping her face was sufficiently hidden as she and Boot walked into a First Equestrian Bank, leaving behind the bustling streets. "W-why did I have t-to come?" she asked her companion, fearing she might be recognized.

Boot walked through the wide open lobby of the building like he always made withdraws accompanied by a fugitive. "I know it's risky, but it would have been riskier to leave you by yourself," he told her. "For all we know Hurricane could be on his way here. We need to be ready to run if he shows up," Boot explained as they approached the first open teller.

"Hi, how can I help you?" the mare behind the glass asked cheerily.

"I'm just here to make a withdraw," Boot replied. The mare slipped a withdrawal form through an opening in the bottom of the window.

As Boot filled out the form, Fluttershy started absentmindedly looking around the mostly empty bank. She could see the crowds of ponies walking by through the glass doors on the other side of the bank and couldn't help but wish there was another way back to Boot's apartment.

As her eyes drifted around the room, Fluttershy noticed an older security guard turn his head as he came into her view. Fluttershy stared at him for a moment before turning back to Boot who was finishing filling out the form. Fluttershy glanced sideways back at the guard and saw him looking at her and talking quietly into the radio on his shoulder.

He recognized me! Fluttershy started to panic. She stepped closer to Boot, who was waiting for his money. "W-we need to g-go," she told him, stuttering in fear.

Boot looked at her, worried and Fluttershy tilted her head towards the guard. Boot glanced at him. "Crap. Yeah, he's paying a little too much attention, but he's not making a move. I'll have the money we need in a second," Boot told Fluttershy as the teller started counting money out of a register below the desk.

"Alright. That's three hundred dollars cash. Is there anything else I can do for you, sir?" the teller asked sweetly.

"No, thanks. We've gotta run," Boot said as he grabbed the money and started power walking towards the door with Fluttershy close behind, keeping her head down.

"Ma'am, I need to speak with you!" the security guard shouted when they'd gotten halfway to the door.

"Go," Boot said as the pair broke out into a run, shoving the front doors open and pushing through the crowd outside. Once outside, they turned left and started dashing away from the bank. Fluttershy glanced backwards and saw the guard standing outside the bank searching the crowd.

"I can't stay in town any longer," she told Boot.

"Yeah, Hurricane will be here soon. We need to leave now. We'll swing back by my place and grab your data and then we're gone," he said as they walked. Fluttershy nodded in agreement.

//////////////////////

General Hurricane stood in a workout room, observing Heavyweight as he lifted a barbell with over one thousand pounds in weights on it. "You're not even sweating yet, are you?" he asked smiling as Heavyweight lowered the weights onto the floor.

"Not for lack of trying," Heavyweight quipped. "That performance enhancer works, sir. Any chance we can get Blueblood to start mass producing it?" he asked as he flexed his fingers like he was ready for a fight.

Hurricane shook his head. "He said he needs to know how you handle yourself in action first," the general replied.

Heavyweight smiled. "Fine. Sooner we find Fluttershy the better," he said. "I'm ready to end her," Heavyweight explained as he started adding more weight to what he'd been lifting.

Hurricane frowned at his soldier's wording. "I want her alive," Hurricane said leaving no room for argument.

"Does it really matter though?" Heavyweight asked as he started lifting what looked like two thousand pounds with little effort. "Once we show Blueblood how well his serum works, we won't even need Fluttershy's monster," he continued, starting to sweat under the strain of lifting so much weight.

Hurricane stepped up to Heavyweight. "I've seen that monster rip through tank armor like it was paper," he started, watching Heavyweight's arms start to shake. "I've watched it hurl cars through concrete walls," Hurricane continued, watching as Heavyweight's arms slowly started to lower the weight. "Blueblood's serum, doesn't even compare," Hurricane said as he stepped back and watched his soldier drop the weights with a metallic thud as they hit the floor.

Heavyweight glared at the weights like they'd just insulted his mother. "Your strength is limited. That monster though, has no limits," Hurricane stated, remembering every battle he'd seen it in.

Before Heavyweight could respond the door on the far end of the room opened and Winchester stepped in. "Sir, she's been sighted in Dodger City," she informed him.

Hurricane's head snapped up. "What's she doing there?" Heavyweight asked, wiping sweat off of his forehead.

"Getting help," Hurricane growled. "Get your gear, we're leaving immediately," he said as he walked to the door and left with Winchester close behind.

Heavyweight stayed where he was for a moment, thinking over what Hurricane had said before Winchester had walked in. His anger quickly boiled into a rage as he kicked at the barbell, surprising himself when the metal pole snapped in half.

"I'm stronger than he thinks," Heavyweight told himself.

Author's Note:

And there goes another chapter, posted from my awesome new laptop.

Alright so where should I start now. Well obviously next chapter is going to have a little action in it. Or a lot we'll see. Lot's of Flutterage smash though that's for sure.

If you're paying attention you'll also notice Heavyweight starting to lose himself to the power he thinks he controls.

Rarity makes a return and will have another few scenes before the story is done. I'll leave you to guess if she gains Fluttershy's trust in this story or if she still has to work for it later in The Harmonies.

Now for last chapters Trivia question. And the Answer is......

RICK JONES! Hulk and Banner's young helper, founder of the Teen Brigade and an honorary Avenger. Rick Jones was first saved by Bruce Banner from the Gamma Blast that created the Hulk and stuck be the green giant for many years. The two formed a close bond over the years they spent together and Rick eventually founded the Teen Brigade. The original intent of the group being to call other heroes for help whenever the Hulk got out of control. This actually helped in the forming of the Avengers. But that's a story for another time.

Next question. Who was The Hulk's first Super Villian?

until next time

Stay Tuned.