• Published 8th Dec 2013
  • 2,194 Views, 73 Comments

MLPU: The Incredible Flutterage - TheInvincibleIronBrony



Fluttershy becomes the angriest hero Equestria has ever seen

  • ...
8
 73
 2,194

Old Friends

Stern Study watched the news, horrified at the announcement of his involvement with the military. Stern was so far in shock at seeing the news report his mind felt like it had stopped. He was sitting in the living room of his modest apartment in Manehattan, slowly recovering from his shock. Once he started forming coherent thoughts again, he reached for the phone he kept on the end table and selected a number that was saved on it.

What is that maniac thinking? He'll ruin me! the doctor thought nervously as he put the phone to his ear.

After several rings Stern was greeted with a voice. "Dr. Study, I was expecting your call. I assume you've been watching the news," General Hurricane said.

"Yes I saw it. Mind telling me why the hell you outed me to the rest of the scientific community?" Stern asked angrily.

"I'm sorry I didn't warn you. The fact of the matter is it was necessary in order to get you the last component for the project," the General replied calmly, trying to appease Stern.

Stern looked shocked. "You needed to expose me to get a sample from your previous experiment? The supposedly successful one?" he asked, not believing Hurricane.

"The sample is in the hands of a fugitive we've been trying to track down. Our plan is to use you as bait to lure her out," Hurricane informed, catching Stern off guard.

"What does this fugitive want with me?" Stern asked, nervous about being used as bait.

"It doesn't matter. What matters is that she is going to come to you. When she does, we'll finally be able to move forward," Hurricane told Stern, hanging up once he was finished.

Stern set the phone back on the table. He breathed heavily as he looked back to the news, playing a piece about more speculation on the alleged terrorist attack on Appleloosa.

"Looks like the world is coming undone," Stern told himself.

///////////////////////////////

General Hurricane stepped out of a humvee just outside of a hangar bay on the Apple army base. The earth pony officer he'd left in charge of the project inside stood at attention outside the main doors.

"At ease, Corporal. What's the status on the weapons Dash shipped to us?" Hurricane asked, deciding to get straight to the point of his visit.

The officer opened the doors and lead Hurricane inside. "The vehicles were all equipped with non-lethal weapons, but it hasn't been difficult to switch them out with the weapons systems from our Bluecorp shipment," the Corporal stated, as he lead the General onto a catwalk overlooking the main floor.

The building's main floor was a few hundred feet below ground and was currently full of mechanics scurrying about as the made the adjustments to several large tank like vehicles. On the far side if the dimly lit room, a lift could be seen leading to the bay doors.

"How much longer is this going to take?" Hurricane asked, coming off as impatient.

The Corporal gave his boss an odd look, not used to seeing him impatient. "All that's left to do is install the rest of the weapons systems. We should be done with the next few days," he assured.

General Hurricane observed the workers below for a moment, distracted when the phone in his pocket began ringing. "Keep up the good work," he told the corporal as he started walking back towards the front door as he answered the call. "What is it, Winchester?" he asked.

"Sir, Heavyweight has arrived at your office. He said he wants to discuss the next mission," Winchester informed.

"Tell him I'm on my way," Hurricane ordered as he exited the building.

///////////////////////////////

Heavyweight sat outside Hurricane's office, seated across from Winchester's desk. The mare had attempted to make small talk with him several minutes ago, but Heavyweight was uninterested. All his focus was on catching Fluttershy. He had no time for idle chit chat, at least not until he corrected the wrong that mare had done to him.

Hurricane arrived after fifteen minutes and Heavyweight and Winchester stood and saluted him. "At ease," he told them. "We'll talk in my office," Hurricane told Heavyweight as they entered the room.

"Have we made any progress on Fluttershy, sir?" Heavyweight asked as he sat in the seat across from Hurricane.

"Not yet, but when we find her, you'll be notified by me personally," Hurricane assured him.

Heavyweight smiled mockingly at the General. "No disrespect, sir, but I've been fed that line before. How can I trust your word over the others?" he asked, leaning back in his seat.

Hurricane glared at his soldier. "I have been chasing this mare for over seven years now. Do you know how many of my men have survived meeting the monster?" Hurricane asked.

Heavyweight gave him a thoughtful look, but shook his head. "No, sir," he replied.

"Two," Hurricane replied, shocking Heavyweight. "That's including you. The other soldier left the armed forces not long after his encounter. You are the first soldier to ask to be put on a second mission," Hurricane said, earning a proud smirk from Heavyweight. "So, can you trust me?"

"Yes, sir," Heavyweight replied. "When we do find her though, we'll need more than one squad," he pointed out.

"We're working on it. New armored vehicles. A combination of Dash Industries advanced computer systems and Bluecorp weapons systems," Hurricane told him.

Heavyweight looked unimpressed. "To be honest sir, I was thinking something more like better soldiers than equipment," Heavyweight suggested.

Hurricane looked at Heavyweight for a moment, regarding him. "We've been working with Bluecorp on a performance enhancing drug," Hurricane said, catching Heavyweight's attention. "It's nothing like the serum used on Captain Equestria, but it could cause significant increases in strength and endurance," Hurricane finished.

"Sounds like that's what we need. How come we aren't already using it?" Heavyweight asked.

"They need volunteers for testing," Hurricane explained.

Heavyweight smiled. "Tell 'em they've got one," he replied.

///////////////////////////////

Fluttershy stepped off of a bus after nearly a full day's ride. As soon as she had seen the news at the diner, she'd hopped on the nearest bus to Dodger City. She had to hitchhike to the bus station and she'd also swiped a change of clothes. She felt bad stealing, but her previous outfit had been a size too small and drew too much attention to her. She had caught several stallion's leering at her at the store she'd gotten the clothes from.

She was now walking through the streets of her former home in stretchy grey sweat pants, black sneakers and a black hoodie over an over sized sweater. Fluttershy kept her head down as she walked. It had been a long time since she had been spotted in Equestria, but she didn't want to risk being recognized.

Fluttershy periodically checked the street signs, making sure she didn't get lost on her way to the labs she used to work at. She'd used all the money she'd managed to scrounge up on the bus fare, so she couldn't take a cab.

Fluttershy began to smile as the tall apartment buildings finally gave way to the city park. A playground sat in the middle of an open field, ringed by a paved path for joggers. The labs were on the far end of the park, closest to the Everfree Forest. Fluttershy started walking faster the closer she got to the labs, only to stop and stare in shock when she reached the thin line of trees that marked the edge of the park.

A tall chain link fence Fluttershy didn't remember had been erected around the labs and guards patrolled the perimeter in pairs, wearing army camp uniforms and carrying assault rifles.

Fluttershy stared for several minutes, before she came to her senses. "What do I do now?" she asked herself quietly, leaning against a tree and breathing deeply to calm down. Her mind began to reel with thoughts of the future. All the damage she would cause as time went on.

Fluttershy looked at the sky as tears began to fall from her eyes. She hadn't even noticed a jogger approach her.

"Ma'am, are alright?" a vaguely familiar voice asked.

Fluttershy looked back at the ground to hide her face and wiped the tears away. "I'm fine. I just need to be alone," she told him, hoping he hadn't recognized her from an old newspaper. She flinched when the stallion stepped closer.

"Fluttershy?" the stallion said, surprising the crying mare.

Fluttershy looked up into the equally surprised face of her old research partner, Bootstrap.

Author's Note:

And we're back... again... with another short chapter... that's been done for a few days now... that I was too busy to post...

Don't look at me like that. I'm a busy person. Got a lot going on. Work, moving, card games, video games, job hunting, vacation planning, D&D character building, saving the planet from cosmic threats, rebuilding my damn tower... again.

Yeah lots going on.

Anyways, the Fayed return of Boot Strap. There it is. Not sure if that was expected.

Also moving forward on abomination adding in some high tech vehicle things. It's looking good.

Stay Tuned.