• Published 7th Dec 2013
  • 2,632 Views, 35 Comments

The Tale of The White Night - DraconequusMaximus



White night an albino thestral (bat-pony) has always been teased by other thestrals because of his appearance. Some even went as far as calling him gay, this hurt the most however because he couldnt admit to anyone that he actually was.

  • ...
21
 35
 2,632

It Went Better Than Expected

After Braeburn carefully placed white in his recliner he offered the entire couch to Luna as she was a tad larger than he. When Braeburn had settled on the floor & Luna on the sofa the awkwardness resumed while they waited for their common link to regain consciousness. This continued for several minutes until Luna remembered an age old ice-breaking technique the royal sisters often employed when confronting foreign diplomats.

...

"Would you like to get wasted?" Luna asked completely straight-faced.

"Oh Faust yes!" Braeburn replied quickly, & just like that the beast of awkwardness had been slain. Braeburn took off to the kitchen to retrieve every drop of liquor he owned, while he did this Luna took a moment to properly position the moon and magically send her sister a letter saying:

Dear, Tia

Getting smashed, please lower the moon at the appropriate time as we will most likely be too hungover to do so & neither of us want us to try when I'm like that. I still miss Atlantis, the beaches there were so beautiful.

Love, LuLu

P.S. Our pony White Night got a coltfriend before thine own Twilight Sparkle so you owe us 100 bits.

Rumor has it that the stream of curse-words coming from the castle filled the royal swear jar (AKA The national Equestrian Treasury).

Braeburn returned with bottles of all shapes, sizes, & colors much to Luna's delight. Braeburn himself chose a bottle of hard cider while Luna was already half through her second bottle of AppleJack. Braeburn chose not to question this as anypony that could could also likely cripple you for criticizing their drinking habits. Though after an hour or so it became apparent that Luna's immortal body could handle it, however she was quickly depleting Braeburn's stash of booze in her attempts to keep herself intoxicated. Braeburn decided in his judgement impaired state that perhaps she just needed something stronger. He got up and quickly went to retrieve something his friend Hayseed had given him awhile back.

"Princess why doncha try this here, it's a touch stronger than anything else I got." Braeburn said as he presented her with an unmarked bottle of clear liquid.

"Is this vodka?" She asked

"No ma'am this here is what us country-folk call moonshine."

Luna, intrigued by the strange beverage took a mighty swig before Braeburn could stop her.

...

"By mother's Mane! This is the greatest thing we have ever drank! Why have we not heard of this spirit before, golden one?"

"My name is Braeburn your majesty & well, Moonshine ain't exactly commercially produced in Equestria."

Not catching his meaning in the slightest Luna downed the bottle and stated:

"We shall most definitely rectify this when we return to Canterlot."

Braeburn chose this moment to down the bottle of cider he had been nursing. Luna thought nothing of this but thought it time to enact phase 2 of her master plan, gossip & tell stories about White while he was passed out. Braeburn was quite pleased when she wanted to start talking about his "angel" (a nickname neither he or Luna would let him live down for years to come). They talked of their new relationship as well as White's insecurities & how they thought they could help him. They even eventually talked about Braeburn himself and his past. About an hour after the conversation picked up White began to awaken.

"Buh... Brae? I had the weirdest drea-" White stopped as he saw the princess and his coltfriend chatting happily with the former surrounded by various empty liquor bottles. He breathed a deep sigh of relief that his dream was real but had turned out pretty well apparently (aside from him losing consciousness for 2 & 1/2 hours). The drinkers turned to him and smiled warmly at him as he approached.

"I see Luna has drug yet another pony into her life of high-functioning alcohol dependency." White said sarcastically.

"We do not know the meaning of these modern words you speak." Luna said trying to feign ignorance. This caused the tipsy stallion beside her to giggle uncontrollably. White submitted to peer pressure of the best kind & started searching for a bottle that would strike his fancy, At this his inebriated companion & the princess cheered until the dark alicorn fell off of the sofa. This got White laughing too and the cycle continued. White settled on a hard cider though he preferred fancier drinks. Luna who was sobering up quickly remembered this from White's memories and saw him looking disappointingly at his cider. Luna without warning lit her horn & in an instant the three had vanished from the house & reappeared in an upscale looking bar. The patrons of the bar noticed the new arrivals but as soon as they saw Luna they all shrugged it off as a common occurrence. White sighed loudly but offered up no complaints. Braeburn on the other hoof was now entirely sober and & rather confused.

"What just happened? Where are we?" He asked staring at white nervously.

"Luna knows I'm into more "froo froo" drinks and we were running out of liquor so she teleported us to her favorite bar. "The Lunar Eclipse" she took me here all the time when she was trying to cheer me up." White said as he cast an annoyed glance at the princess in question who was already ordering them drinks. Braeburn was visibly calmer as he seated himself on the bar stool next to the one White was now occupying. Their drinks arrived soon after they had settled in, Luna was having a Caribou, White a Fuzzy Navel (his favorite), and Braeburn Luna had of course given an Appletini.

Braeburn had never really been one for mixed drinks but the stuff here was great & he sucked down more than his fair share of appletinis. White stuck mostly to his fuzzy navels but had enjoyed the Orange Whip Luna had recommended. The goddess herself had consumed enough alcohol to kill a herd of elephants but was still none the worse off & yet again sobering up. All the while he was cursing her unbeatable liver & kidneys. The stallions gave up drinking long before Luna but continued to chat & flirt with one another which Luna was thrilled about but still intent to answer the age old question "How much Absinthe does it take to drop an immortal?".

As dawn crept up on them Luna lost her battle with herself once more and teleported them back to Braeburn's home. Luna used her magic to clean up all the bottles littering the floor before bidding the stallions good morning and taking off before the blowback from processing literal gallons of ethanol rendered her temporarily catatonic. She assured them it would only last a few moments & she would wake up with a headache that would render her unable to use magic properly. White knew this from experience and reassured Brae that "She had had worse." The stallions themselves retired to bed to get some much needed rest.

They slept until the next morning when Braeburn's alarm clock forced them to awaken. Luckily they had slept through the immense hangovers they had earned. They ate a quick breakfast of scrambled eggs & apple juice. They made small-talk as any couple would but eventually Braeburn said: Now I know the last few days have been great but i gotta get back to work on the orchard at the edge of town. I'd like to introduce you to my friends later on too if'n you wouldn't mind coming into town with me."

White's expression saddened a bit when Braeburn mentioned having to go to work. When he mentioned meeting his friends White had officially begun to panic. He had never really formed a bond with anypony other than the princess & Braeburn. Nopony had ever even tried to interact with him except for those who wanted to ridicule him, or Braeburn.

"I've never really tried to make any friends myself, have I?" White silently asked himself. He hated to admit it but going into town seemed like the best option for meeting people.

"Alright I suppose I could use some help with my social life. When do we need to go in?" White asked begrudgingly.

Breaburn quickly looked to the wall-clock in their kitchen and said:

"About five minutes ago, You took a little longer to convince than I had planned."

White's face reddened in embarrassment before he said: "You're terrible you know that?"

"Well not all of us can be angels ya know?" He said with the smuggest grin White had ever seen. White groaned and double-facehooved Before sighing and saying: "Let's just go."

With that they hurried out the door and trotted toward the town in the distance.

Author's Note:

First of all, I'm not an Alcoholic (I don't have the money for that) & second the Fuzzy Navel is my & by extension White's all time favorite drink. Luna doesn't pick favorites as it is her responsibility as a princess to be unbiased in all things (But it's totally moonshine). Braeburn usually sticks to cider or applejack. This seems to get sillier every time I try writing a new chapter. Meh. Whatevs.