• Published 9th Dec 2013
  • 882 Views, 107 Comments

Half-Hour Horses - HoofAndQuill



A collection of short prompt-based stories, from Thirty Minute Ponies.

  • ...
2
 107
 882

PreviousChapters Next
Spending Time Together [Romance?]

(The Prompt: The perils and wonders of a three way relationship. )

(This was finished only a minute or two before submission deadline, so it's not proofread as well as normal. Also it ends pretty abruptly.)

Scootaloo flopped down exhaustedly against the beanbag chair sitting in the corner of the old Crusaders' Clubhouse. The resultant puff of dust in the air made her cough, and she buzzed her wings to clear the air. "Kkff! Ugh! I can't believe we have to stay HERE."

Sweetie Belle's horn glowed as she brushed an old feather duster against the couch before sitting down more carefully. "It's just for now, Scootaloo. We can't talk about these things at home."

Apple Bloom just plopped her rear down on the floor. "Ain't like it matters. Our sisters' are all datin' an' it's weird, but we can't just go an' break 'em up."

"Yeah, I guess. But we haven't been HERE since we got our cutie marks! It's falling apart again." Scootaloo clopped her hoof against the wood floor, hoping to demonstrate that it was rotting through, but only managed to make a loud noise and make her hoof sting a bit in the process.

Apple Bloom smirked smugly. "Are y'all forgettin' just who put this place t'gether? It might get dusty, but nothin' Apple Bloom builds falls apart!"

Sweetie Belle let out a giggle. "I think it's kind of sweet! Rarity dating Applejack and Rainbow Dash, I mean. She was always worried Rainbow would steal Applejack before she could date her herself."

Laying back on the floor, Apple Bloom laughed. "Yeah, an' Applejack used t' go on frettin' about which of th' two she'd have t' pick. I guess it's alright she found out she could pick both."

They both turned to look at Scootaloo. She blinked, once, and then held out her hooves defensively. "What? Dash and I don't talk about that kind of sappy stuff!"

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle both laughed, and the old clubhouse seemed a little brighter for it. Apple Bloom scuffed a hoof against the floor. "I kinda miss this place, bein' honest. We had a lot a' fun here."

Scootaloo buzzed her wings for a moment, and sighed. "Yeah."

A few moments passed quietly. Apple Bloom tapped her hoof on the floor again, unable to take the silence. "So uh, Sweetie Belle, how was your date with uh... whas' 'is name, that rock star."

Sweetie Belle stuck out of her tongue. "He was such a jerk! And all he did was drink, he smelled like old cider and cigarettes."

Scootaloo frowned and buzzed her wings again. "Ewww! That's why I don't bother with stallions, they're all gross like that."

"They ain't all gross." Apple Bloom looked up at the ceiling again. "But there's always so much work t' do I can't even get off th' farm to meet anypony. Besides, I don't like most th' stallions in town, I like you girls more than them anyway."

Scootaloo grinned suddenly. "What, really? 'Cause, I mean, I'd go out with you. Nothing all romantic, but we could try it."

Apple Bloom's cheeks went orange with blush. "What?! Scootaloo, I've known ya since we were jus' fillies! But uh..." Apple Bloom scuffed her hooves against the floor. "Yeah, I guess. I mean, I like you jus' fine an' all, an' seein' as how I've known you forever I guess I can trust you."

Sweetie Belle's voice took on a familiar pouting sound from years ago. "Awww, I wanna goo. You can’t just leave me out.”

Scootaloo's grin only widened further. "Yeah, duh, of course you can come. If our sisters can date, so can we, right?"

"Yeah, an' I've been tryin' to think how we can all spend more time t'gether like we used to. That sounds right nice."

Sweetie Belle clopped her hooves together and giggled. "This is great! But maybe we should just try a few dates before deciding to announce it?"

Apple Bloom laughed and stood up. "Come on girls, just like we used to! Cutie Mark Crusader three-way datin'!"

Her friends laughed too, and the three mares stood together in their old clubhouse and clapped their hooves against one another triumpantly.

PreviousChapters Next