• Published 9th Dec 2013
  • 886 Views, 107 Comments

Half-Hour Horses - HoofAndQuill



A collection of short prompt-based stories, from Thirty Minute Ponies.

  • ...
2
 107
 886

PreviousChapters Next
Changing Things Up [Comedy, Romance?]

(The Prompt: The perils and wonders of a three way relationship. )

(Disclaimer: Characters' opinions on three-way relationships do not necessarily reflect my own.)

Princess Cadance, in all her incredible beauty and endless kindness and love, walked alongside her friend and fellow wife Queen Chrysalis, through the halls of the Crystal Palace. The sun was shining through the south wall, casting shimmering light through the palace and lifting both mare's spirits.

Queen Chrysalis nodded to the two changeling guards, and they buzzed away after a salute. Her voice carried that subtle hint of dangerous malice, but also rang with just the slightest sound of appreciation and gratitude. "My minions report another day with no large crimes. There is a bank theft planned soon, but my changelings within the organization will stop it before it happens."

Princess Cadance smiled and gently nuzzled against the changeling queen's neck, inwardly pleased at the pleased shudder this loving gesture drew forth. "Shining Armor's idea to integrate your subjects as undercover guards is working well?"

The Queen pulled Cadance into a brief kiss before they continued through the hallway. Princess Cadance spoke again, after a moment. "I can't believe I found my life dull and predictable only a few months ago! Allowing your subjects to join the Crystal Empire, and... you, to join our marriage, was the best idea that Shining Armor ever had."

"It HAS been good, hasn't it?" Queen Chrysalis smiled as she watched two changelings walk by, happily in love with a crystal pony mare. "My changelings have all the love they need, and your Empire has more love to protect it."

They walked together with their flanks just gently brushing against one another, smiles on both their faces. It had taken time to change the crystal ponies' mindset, but now that the changelings had been fully integrated into the Empire, everypony had at least one other to love and cherish dearly.

Queen Chrysalis had a bit more spring in her step as they neared the end of the hallway. "Princess, what form would do for today? Yours? Princess Celestia's?"

Princess Cadance laughed lightly, and smiled. "Your special talents do keep things interesting. But you've been me so many times lately, let's see... Oh! What about that one castle chambermaid, you know, the smallish mare with the amethyst eyes and topaz coat? She's very pretty, in an earth pony, common girl sort of way."

The queen knew the one, and green magical flames moved over her body as they approached the chamber door at the end of the hallway, replacing her tall, black, carapaced body with the warm, smooth, curvy contours of that chambermaid. Princess Cadance kissed the mare once more. She pulled the door open with magic, revealing the personal royal suite.

The two mares trotted lightly inside, closing the door behind them, and then found themselves inexorably attracted to the royal bedroom. Princess Cadance, now taller than her lover, still held herself close to the other mare as they walked, their coats brushing tantalizingly against one another. As they pushed through the curtain hanging in the doorway to the bedroom, they found their loving husband laying on the bed.

Prince Shining Armor lay there, his strong muscles moving teasingly under his coat, and a red rose of passion clenched by the stem between his teeth, as he turned to look upon his beautiful wives. Queen Chrysalis, eager to please and earn the love she needed any way she could, and in any shape her lovers desired, and Princess Cadance, with her beautiful, soft pink coat, and amazingly dextrous purple-tipped wings. Prince Shining Armor pulled the rose from his lips, and held it out with his magic-

--

Princess Cadance flipped through the next few pages. Even just idly scanning through them showed them to be exactly what she thought they would be. She lowered the sheaf of papers a bit, and shot her husband what she hoped was a withering death glare. Shining Armor's face just wore a look of hopeful almost-innocence.

Cadance kept her voice carefully even. "Shining, honey, you need to stop writing this kind of thing."

"It's not THAT bad, is it?"

Cadance sighed and set the papers down on their bed as they lay together in the late twilight. "No, the writing is fine... but Queen Chrysalis is a murdering sociopath who I wouldn't trust with managing her own prison cell, let alone joining our marriage. Also, really? You have a thing for Tumbling Stones?" Cadance's lips curled into a teasing smile. "Should I tell her?"

Shining Armor's eyes widened. "What? No, I can't have a thing for her, we're married! I mean, sure she's cute and all-"

Cadance's hoof pressed gently to Shining's lips quieted him. "Let's stop there."

Shining sighed and carefully levitated the papers up, clacked them against the top of the bedside table to straighten them, and then set them on the floor beside the bed. "Changelings would be useful for the kingdom, it's not just about sex. Though you have been complaining about things being dull lately."

"I just meant that life was predictable, not... that. Besides, there are plenty of ways we can spice things up without adding other mares."

Shining Armor gave Cadance a gentle peck on the lips. "A changeling would be fun though. Think of the possibilities! They could be anypony you wanted, even when I'm not here. What could possibly go wrong?"

Princess Cadance leaned against her husband as they lay on bed, and pressed her hoof to her chin a moment in a thinking gesture. "Oh, she could change shape in the middle of things. Into somepony like... I don't know... Twilight."

Shining made a disgusted face. "What? No, that's- Wait, Twilight Velvet or Twilight Sparkle?"

"Does that even MATTER?"

He shook his head quickly and squeezed his eyes shut. "No, I- ugh. Okay, fine. No changelings. But really, Cadance, you're amazing. You deserve all the love you can possibly have, if there's anypony-"

Her hoof pressed to his lips again. "There isn't! Thank you for the offer, Honey, really, but our sex life is not getting dull. Though..."

A sinister, almost familiar smile spread across her lips. The fur along Shining Armor's spine stood on end just at the sight of it. Cadance's horn glowed the familiar blue, but a greenish flash went across her eyes. Her voice was low, with just that subtle hint of dangerous malice. "Perhaps I've already captured your beautiful princess bride."

Shining couldn't stop the excited grin from crossing his features. "Just how can I get her back?"

Princess Cadance's wings spread, those tantalizing purple tips shivering in the suddenly much warmer-feeling air of the royal bedroom. "Oh, you'll just have to give me enough love to satisfy me, won't you?"

Shining Armor's horn glowed for a moment, and the locks on the doors and windows clacked closed, as his wife's lips met his own. One of the last thoughts he had before letting himself get lost in the situation was that maybe, just maybe, he shouldn't stop writing those stories after all.

PreviousChapters Next