• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 1,162 Views, 16 Comments

Rainbow's Quest - Zetriax



Rainbow Dash is having a lazy day when Pinkie Pie gives her a strange stone. Through many trials and discoveries, she embarks on a quest like never before.

  • ...
2
 16
 1,162

The Search Begins

Chapter 6- The Search Begins
“Where is it?” exclaimed Rainbow.
“Where is what?” asked Shadow Flare.
“My Fate Stone! That’s the only way I can get back to my time!”
“Where did you see it last?” he queried.
“Let’s see. I was at my house in my time and, when I used it, I woke up on this cloud…” she faltered. If it was still on the cloud, the stone could’ve drifted anywhere. It could very well be beyond her reach forever.
Crestfallen, she sunk to her haunches. Shadow came up to her and rested his tail across her shoulders. “We’ll find it,” he said encouragingly.
“Yeah, right. It’s hopeless. The stone is probably a million miles away by now,” said Rainbow.
“Listen to me,” he said, sitting in front of her. “We will find that stone. We just need to make sure you stay inconspicuous.”
Just then a knock sounded at the door. Shadow cast Rainbow a glance. She understood and went to hide in the basement. She stood at the top of the stairs and left the door cracked ever so slightly to peek out. Shadow Flare went to the door and opened it.
“Flare! Why didn’t you show up?” asked the visitor. From Rainbow’s angle, she couldn’t see the mysterious visitor.
“Oh yeah, something came up and I had to leave. It was really important,” Shadow said. Rainbow Dash decided that his statement was, in most part, true.
“So, I cut time out of my day to help you deliver some message and you don’t even bother leaving a note or anything? You could’ve at least left the letter there for me to pick up,” said the exasperated pony. Something about this pony’s voice reminded her of the voice of the one that belonged to the pony that had burst into her house the other night. Or was that this morning?
“I’m sorry. I was just in a hurry. It was a last minute thing that just threw everything off,” he apologized.
Rainbow cracked the door to see if she could catch a glimpse of the stranger. She was surprised to see a setting sun shining directly behind the figure, silhouetting the pony. No features were distinguishable in the blinding light.
“What was that?” said the stranger.
Rainbow shrunk back from the door.
“Somepony’s in here with you.”
The pony’s silhouette entered the house.
“Wait!” said Shadow.
“I’m not afraid of you! Come out and show yourself!”
Rainbow could now see the stranger approaching the door. She could see her blue pelt, feathered wings, magenta eyes and multicolored mane. It was no stranger at all. It was herself.