• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 1,163 Views, 16 Comments

Rainbow's Quest - Zetriax



Rainbow Dash is having a lazy day when Pinkie Pie gives her a strange stone. Through many trials and discoveries, she embarks on a quest like never before.

  • ...
2
 16
 1,163

A Lesson to be Learned

Chapter 5- A Lesson to be Learned
“Follow me,” Shadow said.
Rainbow nodded and obeyed. Shadow led the blue pegasus through Ponyville to a place she knew quite well. It was the library where Twilight Sparkle used to live before she became a princess. The place had changed very little since however long ago that was now.
“This is where I live,” Shadow said.
“You live here now? You know, my friend Twilight…”
“… Used to live here. I know,” he finished for her. “You know, I’m actually a student of Twilight’s. She has been teaching me some of the lessons Celestia taught her.”
“Why are you telling me this? Aren’t you supposed to be interrogating me or something?” Rainbow asked.
“Well, maybe I believe you’re from the past,” he said indifferently.
“Why? Don’t you think it’s weird that I just show up out of nowhere and claim to be from the past?”
Shadow smirked, “Do you want me to be wary of you?”
“Well, no. But, I know I wouldn’t believe a single word out of my mouth in your position. You just seem to be a bit too… trusting.”
Shadow Flare shrugged. “As logic would have it, a pony who was hiding something wouldn’t have said any of that. That was a test. One telling a lie would’ve never brought attention to the fact that they may be untrustworthy. One telling the truth would normally be surprised by the sudden trust being placed in them. It’s reverse psychology.”
“Oh,” Rainbow said. She was pretty confused as it was without some egghead trying to teach her about reverse whatchamacallits. Maybe she should’ve listened to Twilight. She didn’t understand this future. She didn’t belong here, at least not yet.
“Well, thanks but I need to get going,” Rainbow said.
“Where are you going? You don’t know enough to be out and about yet,” Shadow said.
“I need to go home. To my own time. I appreciate your help but I don’t need to be here. Its feels too strange,” she admitted.
“I understand completely. Good luck,” he said.
Rainbow Dash reached for her saddlebag to grab the Fate Stone. Only then did she remember she didn’t bring her saddlebag with her. Her face flushed with panic. She had lost the Fate Stone!