• Published 5th Dec 2013
  • 2,439 Views, 118 Comments

Past Problems - SteelyThePally



Celestia and Luna teleport to the Capital Wasteland, and find the Lone Wanderer, with Twilight. Sequel to 'The Lone Wanderer's Journey'

  • ...
11
 118
 2,439

Endgame

Citadel's gate, 9:00 p.m.

The group of four people walked out of the Brotherhood's base, mainly following Jason. Silence was predominating, creating a dark atmosphere around them, the Moon's light shining weakly over their heads. They walked in a slow pace, The Wanderer's eyes focusing on Celestia, ready to knock her out if she lost her mind again. No one broke the thought-provoking silence, their footsteps being the only audible sound. Not even Dogmeat panted as usual: the dog expressed sorrowfulness due to it's owner's earlier hallucination.

They went south, that was the only way to leave Washington D.C without taking too much time. Jason had some ideas of isolated areas, but let Celestia chose were she wanted to go. The Wasteland itself was isolated, but the princess didn't want to stop in the middle of nothing. Twilight herself found the situation awkward, considering that the two princesses and her boyfriend weren't muttering a word. The Wanderer was trying to forget the hallucination that he had earlier, beginning to doubt about his sanity. Celestia kept both hands on her head, her twisted side still tormenting her mind. Luna was barely understanding what was happening mostly because she was following a stranger, and worried about her sister. Suddenly, Twilight broke the silence:

"Okay, let's stop with this weird moment. Where are we going?" Jason turned his head slowly towards her, an annoyed stare penetrating the pitch-black eyelids.

"I don't know. Just keep your mouth shut, okay?"

"Jay, why are you so gloomy those days? Things aren't so bad..."

"Things aren't so bad? Really? Trying to spend some days relaxing with someone that I love and being interrupted by two sisters who were desperate to return to their homeland, being tortured the next day, and now being tormented by hallucinations of my father and this psychopath here? And now, leading her to somewhere so she can probably get crazy again, knock us out again, and finally cut my throat and watch as I drown with my own blood! No, things aren't so bad! After all that your kind princess has thrown me at, things couldn't get worse, could they?" Jason finished his speech, groaning and screaming in grief, memories of his torture playing in his head again, rendering his sanity doubtful. This brought tears to Twilight's eyes, and guilty to Celestia's heart. Now, their walk was going to be way more painful and depressing.

Luna herself wanted to confront Jason, but reflected about his life. During the days that he spent in the Citadel checking on his squad's physical recovery, The Wanderer spent hours and hours talking with her, mainly trying to make her forget about what her sister had done, but eventually telling the story of his journey, and all the horrors that he had witnessed. Both sides were wrong. But, between a skilled paladin and your own crazed sister, decisions are difficult, aren't they?

Celestia took several stops, her twisted and cruel side's voice echoing through her head. Jason did nothing to help, even though his heart told him to do so. He fought against his wish of help, considering that he assisted everyone in need. This made their trip way more slower, Luna and Twilight putting the princess back on her feet numerous times. As time passed, her insane whispers turned out to be desires of suicide. Though Jason still had a burning hatred for her, this worried him. Her death could have unwanted consequences, such as Luna turning on him or Twilight and her friends leaving the once lonely wanderer.

But suddenly, an agonized voice spoke, interrupting their night-time walk:

"I can't take this anymore! You won this battle, but won't be able to commit any other atrocities..." Celestia lifted the sharp knife that she stole from Jason's footlocker before leaving the Citadel to her neck, threatening to end her life. Jason, finally deciding to help her, nearly teleported to her side, kicking the knife away. She glanced at him furiously, shooting at both Luna and Dogmeat with her 10mm submachine. To the dog's luck, the bullet hit it's right foreleg, but immobilized it. And for her sister, the bullets thankfully hit her armored chest, only hitting her unarmored arm. Before running away from them, she shouted:

"Thought that you could stop me, Mr. Miller?"

"You coward! Now you run away, you disgraced bitch!" Jason shouted in response. He wanted to blow her head off, but the wounded dog and woman's necessities were way more important at the moment. Dogmeat whimpered loudly, while the once Moon-raiser yelled in pain. "Twi, give her this! It will numb the pain!" The Wanderer threw a Med-X at her direction while injecting another one on his dog. When the drug finally made effect on Luna, she looked at the fresh wound confused, her stomach doing back flips as she fought against the will of vomiting.

"Come on! We don't have many time left! We need to get that damned psychopath in time before she disappears!" The young paladin shouted, putting his dog back on it's feet.

"But, Jay... Celestia is not a..."

"Twi, look, I'm sorry, but she's not who you think she is anymore. Please..." The girl nodded positively much to Jason's surprise, even though sobs echoed in his ears.

The trio rushed in search of Celestia, being able to see her distant figure in the horizon. Even Dogmeat couldn't reach her, Jason's and Twilight's armors were too heavy to allow proper sprint, and Luna was already worn out. The Wanderer noticed that Celestia gone onto a bridge, barely dodging it's enormous cracks. This bought him some time, sprinting viciously.

At the bridge, Twilight and Luna nearly fell flat on their faces, breathing heavily, while Jason kept an close eye to Celestia's movements. The crazed woman walked in circles, screaming. Even with his hatred for her, Jason got worried when he witnessed Celestia smashing her head against a rusty Corvega. The psychopath fell to he ground, surprisingly conscious. This made Jason remain still, not moving a muscle as her eyes met with the paladin's dark eye-slits. Twilight and Luna reached him seconds after, only to be met at gunpoint.

"Mr. Miller, you won't stop me now... Ahh, get out of my head!!" She let go of the weapon, falling on her knees, her psychopathic side nearly taking over again. This only worried the trio, who stood still. The Wanderer yielded his plasma rifle, ready for any problem.

"I can't take this anymore! I'm sorry Luna... I can't..." Celestia lifted her weapon to her head, threatening to shot. But before she could put an end to her life, an accurate laser shot hit her pistol, reducing it to ashes: Twilight. "No, Twilight... you can't save me from this..." Celestia then ran further on the bridge, forcing Jason to keep his pursuit, his followers on his back. Their sprint was difficult due to the multiple holes and cracks on the bridge, whose Jason avoided swiftly.

Much to their despair, the bridge ended in a collapsed section, the bottom being 30 meters from where they were. Now, Celestia stood up at the very edge, threatening to jump. She turned to see her sister, faithful subject and not-so friendly paladin. This sight made the trio understand clearly what she wanted: suicide.

"Celestia, this doesn't have to end like this! What are you going to do? Kill yourself so that your own sister and subjects mourn you forever?"

"Yes, Jason. Because I am not who I was anymore. I tortured you and my very subjects brutally, not to count my earlier attempts to take your life... I'm not the ruler of Equestria anymore... I am a feared and hated by you, my own sister, and the my loyal subjects..." Tears fell from her eyes. Luna opened her mouth to say, but were carried away as a saddened expression appeared on her face.

"C'mon! You can overcome this! You're strong! Yes, I hated you for days after that torture, and the six ponies that one day loved you now fear you like hell, but this can be fixed! You're running away from your problems! That's not how you're going to fix what you've done!" Jason shouted back, but this only made Celestia take two steps nearer from her death.

"Jason, what I done to you and your friends cannot be fixed... I'm sorry... I must put an end to the nightmare that you are living..." And with a small leap, the once sun-raiser fell from the bridge...

"NO!!!" Jason shouted, launching himself to the edge in order to catch the princess, his hands meeting with her fingers. He managed to get hold of her hand with enormous difficulty, getting the chance to pull her back to safety. But his body began to slide as Celestia pulled his arm down, successfully doing so because of his armor's weight. Fear flooded his chest, his heart beating rapidly.

When only his legs remained on the bridge, The Wanderer kicked the asphalt, his foot sticking to a small gap. This halted their slide to death. Now, Dogmeat held it's owner's foot with abnormal strength, slowly pulling Jason back to safety. But Celestia finally used all of her weight to pull herself down, launching her and the armored paladin into the air. Twilight and Luna just screamed in terror as the two figures fell to their deaths.

The Wanderer tried to scream, but no sound came. A strange silence filled the air, an hallucination of the Angel Of Death hovering right next to him. Finally, the two bodies hit the floor violently, the painful sound of bones breaking echoing in the night, as Luna and Twilight, followed by Dogmeat, rushed to their location...

Seconds later...

Jason surprisingly survived the deadly fall, and so did Celestia. But that had a price: both legs, right arm, and three ribs were broken, and some teeth were spitted out. The Wanderer struggled to remain conscious, the overwhelming pain spreading through his disabled body. He turned his glance to Celestia, who tried to reach the paladin's knife that fell from his waist.

"No... Please... you can... overcome..." Jason said, his words full of sorrow and pain. Pain swooped his body again, Jason groaning painfully.

"Tell Luna... and my subjects... that I'm... sorry..." Celestia's hand got grip of the sharp object, weakly raising it to her neck. Before she could put an end to her life, Jason lifted his arm to stop it, but was unable to restrain her from suicide. And with a quick movement, blood came out from her throat, Celestia gruesomely suffocating with it, as the crimson-red liquid poured on Jason's armor, the paladin crawling to her direction. Coughing violently, the princess finally rested her head on the pile of rubble behind her, her last sigh escaping from her lips, leaving the young man crying uncontrollably.

And then, The Wanderer laid, wounded and depressed, just waiting for Death's cold embrace, his heart beats slowing as he breathed with difficulty, one of the ribs pressing against his lungs. He coughed blood, and looked at the bloodied body of Celestia, a small tear dripping from his eye. He then muttered what sounded like his last words:

"Why? Just... why?" His weak voice echoed in the night, as two figures rushed to help the wounded young paladin, and to see the outcome of Celestia's insanity...

Author's Note:

Well, this was something fun to write. Really. Now, to my next projects! Thanks Ozone! If it wasn't for you, I would be sitting in my chair trying to find inspiration to write a new story! Readers, if you want, stay alert, cause I'm going to write a blog post about my three new ideas, so you can see what I want to write next.

Leave a comment, and point out any errors.

SteelPaladin

Comments ( 16 )

Damnnnnnnnn. Wasn't really hoping the story would go this way, but hey, what can ya do

well.... shit this is a pretty damn good story :moustache: :moustache: :moustache:

3647872 Are those Moustaches of epicness before my eyes:rainbowkiss::rainbowlaugh:?

Ple8se write more of this it is f8nt8stic 'by the w8y I re8d homestuck so I repl8ce A with 8 hope you underst8nd':derpytongue2:

3650446 yap, I understood. Relax.

well fuck that was mess up really was hoping she would win against her dark side

3656830 i don't know why, but this remebers me of Darth Vader/ Anakin Skywalker (Vader redeems himself by killing the emperor, and dies in the proccess,, if I'm not wrong) cuz she returned to her normal side, but commited suicide due to her fear of making even more atrocities.

BRING DIS STORY BACK IT ONE MY FAVS BRING IT BACK NOW!!!!!!!!:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

3667106 Back? Back from what?

3672176 Ah, c'mon. It was a simple and pretty chapter!:pinkiecrazy: Yeah, I think I exaggerated in this thing.

3668508 don't care just BRING. IT. BACKKKKK.:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

computer?

y u no tell me about update?


the wasteland bridge inspector needs to shut that bridge down

3720241 The Wasteland got bridge inspectors:twilightoops:? Nice...

3727740 yeah only one hes a ghoul

Comment posted by thisistheusernameichose deleted Dec 11th, 2014
Login or register to comment