• Published 5th Dec 2013
  • 3,640 Views, 94 Comments

Popping her balloons. - FinnPony



Pokey Pierce gets some self-esteem problems after a balloon related incident at one of Pinkie Pie's parties. The pink party pony then tries to cheer him up, They'll become friends, and maby something more..

  • ...
5
 94
 3,640

The question

Popping her balloons, Chapter 9
by FinnPony

Weather was the most pleasing that day. it was no wonder that Ponyville’s park was full of life. There were foals playing around the park with their parents running after them while trying to keep them away from trouble. Couple of teens were hanging around the pond, elders were sitting on the benches, feeding the pigeons. One stallion was sitting on a dock with a fishing rod in his hooves and his straw hat tilted over his eyes.
The hill just beyond the pond was popular amongst the lovers, and this day wasn’t an exception. It was filled with lots of blankets brought by happy couples and from farther away it looked like the whole hill would have been covered in a big patchwork quilt.

Pinkie Pie and Pokey Pierce were also on that same hill. They had their blanket in the dead center of the hilltop. There they could see the whole park and the town that spread in front of them. Pokey was laying on the blanket with Pinkie crawling on top of him, blabbering about everything she came up with. She also kept stuffing the baked goods into his mouth. Pokey was sure that he had gained at least twenty pounds after he hooked up with her, but he didn’t mind it. Pinkie was a girl who looked under the surface.

“And then I thought she had gone all silly. I really thought that she was just making some funny faces, even though she was choking.” Pinkie explained one of the incidents she had had earlier that day. She climbed up on top of Pokey. She kept crawling and moving all the time. She just couldn’t stay still. Pokey chuckled at the story and partly to Pinkie’s constant moving He looked straight into her eyes and asked, “So what did you do then?”

“I had to do a manelich maneuver,” Pinkie said casually while staring back at him.

She liked how Pokey always listened to her stories, and what she had to say. Many others thought that she was just the childish Pinkie Pie, and that she wouldn’t need to be taken seriously. Pokey never thought like that. Pinkie knew that he was always there for her, even he didn’t think it like that himself. He had a bad habit of understating himself.

“Well, we’ll work on that,” Pinkie said happily, not realizing that Pokey couldn’t read her thoughts.

“What?” Pokey asked and looked at the now sheepishly smiling mare on top of her.

“Err… nothing,” Pinkie answered and lowered her head atop of Pokey’s, careful not to hurt herself on his horn.

They laid there for a while. Pinkie was finally staying still so Pokey decided to savour the moment. He closed his eyes and sighed happily. Pinkie did so too and soon rolled next to Pokey. She leaned her head against Pokey’s side and looked up towards the clear blue sky. There was only one buffy white cloud on the sky. She kept looking at it for a moment, before the urge to move reached her again.

“Pokey,” she called and Pokey opened his eyes. He winced a little when two big eyes were staring at him just inches from his face. Pinkie Pie giggled at his reaction and pushed herself closer, giving Pokey a quick peck on the muzzle. They both snickered and Pinkie lifted Pokey’s hoof over her, so she could snuggle right next to him. They kept snickering and playfully struggling for a while before they calmed down. Pokey had his front hooves wrapped around Pinkie’s waist. He buried his face into Pinkie’s thick mane, making her giggle like crazy. Pokey inhaled and smelled the aroma of Pinkie’s mane. He couldn’t tell what it actually was but if he would have needed to describe it with one word, it would have been sweet.

“That tickles!” Pinkie giggled and Pokey stopped. Pinkie turned her head towards Pokey and said, still giggling a little, “I didn’t tell you to stop!”
Pokey snickered and continued to brush her neck and cheek with his muzzle, making Pinkie Pie squirm in his hooves and laugh uncontrollably. She didn’t beg for mercy, nor did Pokey give any while nuzzling her neck. He actually tightened his grasp around Pinkie when she tried to escape. Pinkie started to gasp for air when she couldn’t stop laughing. She thought that there was only one option left.
Pinkie suddenly turned around in Pokey’s hooves and pushed her lips against his. Pokey wasn’t surprised, maybe it had been his plan all along. He snickered into Pinkie’s mouth while they had their mouths locked into a passionate kiss. It lasted for only couple of seconds, but when Pokey tried to break the kiss, Pinkie kept pushing so she could get the most out of it.

After the kiss they laid in each other’s embrace for a minute longer before Pinkie spoke, “Have I ever told you how much I love you Pokey?”

“About five times today,” Pokey answered calmly. Pinkie gave him a sheepish smile and said, “Oops.”

“It’s okay, I like when somepony says nice things about me,” Pokey ensured and rubbed her cheek with his hoof. Pinkie smiled at him and said with happy voice, “And boy, there’s lot of them”

“Well I don’t know…” Pokey said and looked up to the sky. That made Pinkie frown and she crawled on top of Pokey, pressing her snout against his.

“Why are you always like that?” she asked with slightly annoyed tone. “You’re such a frowny frownie.”

“What?” Pokey asked with a bit amused tone. Pinkie sighed and rolled off from him again. She laid next to him and said, “You always keep understating yourself!”

“Nah…” Pokey tried but Pinkie interrupted him by almost yelling in frustration, “Yes you are! You always say that you are just an ordinary pony, but you’re not!”

“I know. It’s my horn isn’t it…” he started but again Pinkie interrupted, “It’s not that! I mean that you are so much much more than just an ordinary pony to me!”
Pinkie Pie rested her head against Pokey’s neck and said, “You always do all those things for me.”

“What things?” Pokey asked, not understanding what she meant. Pinkie smiled warmly and placed her other hoof onto his chest. She smiled warmly to him and said, “Everything.”
She didn’t wait for Pokey’s answer and continued, “And I don’t mean that one night. I mean all the smaller things too.”

“Smaller things?” Pokey asked and Pinkie snuggled closer to him.

“Yeah! Like that one time when you helped me with the baking even you got your own things to do.”

“Anypony would have done it…” Pokey tried.

“And when I was sick, you made me that yummy soup that made me feel better in no time.”

“I got the recipe from Twilight.”

“This morning you gave the last toast to me, even you wanted to eat it!”

Pokey tried to say something but Pinkie frowned and put her hoof over his mouth. She gave him a stern look that told him to stop right that second. He got the hint and did a little nod to Pinkie. She smiled again and continued, “You party with me, you have always been nice to me and helped me. You share with me. You do funny things with me, you respect me and listen me.”

“Of course I do,” Pokey said and looked at the mare next to him.

“I wasn’t finished,” Pinkie said with a small wry smile. Pokey zipped his mouth and smiled at her. Pinkie pressed her muzzle against Pokey’s and started, “And…”
She smiled widely and whispered, “...and you love me.”
She then pressed herself forward and her lips met with Pokey’s. They kept kissing for a while, separating their lips only to gasp for more air before continuing. After it was over, they stared at each other with love in their gazes.

“I love you Pokey,” Pinkie chirped and pressed her face against Pokey’s chest.

Pokey looked up and stared up at the sky. He then glanced quickly at his marefriend and then at his saddlebag that was laying on the edge of the blanket. He thought for a moment.

“I didn’t plan it like this…” he thought and looked at Pinkie again. She was staring at him with a small smile on her lips.

“Watcha thinking about?” she chirped and blinked her eyes cutely. Pokey felt how his heart almost melted in his chest and let out a small sigh. He rose up and sat on the blanket. Pinkie sat in front of him and kept smiling at him.

“Pinkie,” he started and took the saddlebag into his hooves. Pinkie looked him opening the saddlebag and asked, “Yes?”

“You know I love you…” he said put his hoof into the saddlebag. Pinkie let out a small aaw and said, “Of course I know that, silly.”

Pokey looked into his bag and continued, “I know we haven't known each other for very long…”

“We’ve known for more than five years,” Pinkie said and poked him on the shoulder. Pokey stopped going through his saddlebag for a second and corrected himself, “I mean we haven’t been together for too long, only about three months or so.”

“Three months and twenty-four days!,” Pinkie informed and gave Pokey a quick kiss on the muzzle. He lifted a hoof to his muzzle and smiled a goofy smile. He then remembered what he was doing and started to dig through his bag again.

“You make me smile everyday and… and I wouldn’t want to spent the rest of my life with anypony else,” Pokey said while trying to find something from his packed saddlebag. Pinkie stared at him with slightly confused smile on her face. She leaned forward, trying to see into his bag.

“So I want to ask one question from you,” Pokey said with his front hooves almost completely inside the bag. He threw couple of things from the bag and dived in again. Pinkie meanwhile had towed herself right in front of him. She had a waiting look on her face and she waited for the question. Pokey kept looking for something in the bag, so Pinkie asked with her eyes shining, “What is it?”

“Where the hay is it!?” Pokey suddenly shouted. Pinkie winced backwards and blinked confusedly at him. She opened and closed her mouth couple of times before she muttered, “That… That’s pretty silly question but I’d guess that it’s near library…”

“What?” Pokey asked and turned towards Pinkie. She shrugged and said, “It’s just a guess.”
It took couple of seconds before Pokey realized what she meant. He shook his head and placed his hooves onto Pinkie’s shoulders before saying, “That wasn’t my question.”

“Oh good. It would have been pretty weird question anyways,” Pinkie giggled. Pokey too chuckled a little but then he looked Pinkie seriously and spoke sadly, “I wanted to do this right, but I messed it up, like always.”

“How?” Pinkie asked, tilting her head a little. Pokey looked sadly at her and said, “Because I think I left it home.”

“Left what?” Pinkie asked with pure honesty in her voice. Pokey stared at her in disbelief. She surely must have guessed what he was up to. After all his little speech was so predictable.

“You don’t know what I was trying to do?” Pokey asked from Pinkie, who shook her head and said, “Noope.”
She gigglesnorted and said, “I sounded just like Bic Mac.”
Pokey looked at her with confused expression for a second, before it turned into a wide smile. He looked towards the town and thought, “This could still go as I hoped.”

Pokey turned towards Pinkie again and saw that she was looking at a butterfly that flew near them. He tapped her on the shoulder and she turned towards him with wide smile on her lips.

“Did you see that butterfly! It had like the prettiest wings ever!” she exclaimed and jumped on her place a little.

“Yeah, I saw it.” Pokey said and nodded. He then drooped his ears and asked with pleading voice, “Would you wait here for me? I really need to get that thing I forgot.”

“Sure!” Pinkie Pie said and nodded happily. She then seemed to remember something and asked, “But can we meet at the market? I was supposed to get a new patch of flour for the cakes today.”
Pokey frowned and thought for a quick moment. Market wouldn’t be the best place to do what he was planning to but if he would back off again and wait for better time, who knows how long it would take for him to gather the courage to do it. No. It had to be that day.

“Well, okay. I’ll find you there,” he said and gave her a little smile.

“Okey dokey lokey Pokey,” Pinkie chirped and gave a quick peck to his cheeks, which he returned before dashing off. Pinkie looked after him for a while before sighing happily and starting to gather the picnic equipment.

* * *

Pinkie had emptied the picnic basket at the Sugarcube Corner and used it to carry the flour she had bought from market. She sat at one of the benches near the small fountain with in the middle of the big market area with her friend Fluttershy. She watched couple of ducklings following their mother around the pool while Fluttershy kept throwing bread crumbs to them.

“So how is it going with Big Mac?” Pinkie asked after they had finished their previous conversation. Fluttershy smiled meekly and said, “Wonderfully. We’re actually thinking about moving together.”

“Really!?” Pinkie exclaimed, almost scaring away the ducks.She gave a sheepish smile towards them before continuing, “Oh wow. I could throw you a housewarming party!”

“I would love that, but we’re only planning for now. And he has too much work on the farm now anyways.”
Pinkie nodded in understanding and thought for a second before she asked with her most pleading voice, “But I can held the housewarming party for you when the time comes?”

“I promise,” Fluttershy said and mimicked the moves of a pinkie promise.

After that they sat silently for a while. Fluttershy kept feeding the ducks while Pinkie seemed to be in her thoughts. She kept thinking about something for a while with a slight frown on her face. Soon Fluttershy noticed it and turned her attention from feeding the duck to her friend.

“Is something wrong?” she asked from her pink friend. Pinkie winced back from her thoughts and turned towards Fluttershy. She looked back at the ducks and thought for a second longer before starting, “I know you and Big Macintosh like to take things slowly.”

“Yes…” Fluttershy said with a slightly troubled voice.

“No no no! I don’t mean you shouldn’t,” Pinkie quickly said when she noticed Fluttershy’s worried expression “I think you should! If you like it that way.”

“What are you trying to say then?” Fluttershy asked with confused look on her face. Pinkie chuckled a little and said, “I just mean that not all of us want to go slow.”

“Do you mean you and Pokey?” Fluttershy asked when she started to realize what Pinkie Pie was trying to say. Pinkie sighed and nodded. She then said, “Some of us want to go a bit faster than others…”

“Do you mean yourself?” Fluttershy asked and Pinkie nodded before continuing, “I just know that I want to be with him, for the rest of my life.”
Fluttershy smiled and asked, “What’s wrong then?”

“Well… Some of us want to go slower,” Pinkie answered slowly.

“Pokey?” Fluttershy asked and looked at Pinkie, who nodded. She then shrugged and corrected herself, “Or I don’t know. I just don’t know about him.”


Fluttershy sighed and threw another patch of bread crumbs on the water near the ducks before she towed herself closer to her pink friend. She placed her hoof gently onto Pinkie’s shoulder and asked with her gentle, warm voice, “Have you asked from him?”

“No way! He might think that I was pushing him!” Pinkie protested and looked at Fluttershy with wide eyes.

“Well… How much do you like him?” Fluttershy asked suddenly. Pinkie looked at her with confused expression and answered, “More than anything. I like him more than sugar! I love him!”

“And how much does he like you?” Fluttershy continued asking from Pinkie, who smiled and said slowly, “He loves me too…”

“So is there anything to lose?” Fluttershy finished and smiled at Pinkie Pie, who seemed like she was going to start glowing from happiness. Pinkie turned towards Fluttershy and quickly closed her into a tight hug while exclaiming, “You’re right! I have nothing to lose! I’ll go talk to him right away!”

“Yes! Go get him girl!” Fluttershy exclaimed, taken by the moment. Pinkie gave her a smile and raised eyebrow, making her smile sheepishly and say, “I-If you want to… of course.”

“Oh I do!” Pinkie said with enthusiastic voice and they both started laughing together.

* * *

After about twenty minutes later Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy had gone to their different ways. Fluttershy had left towards the Sweet Apple Acres while Pinkie was happily trotting towards Pokey Pierce’s home. Pinkie hadn’t seen Pokey and when she got tired of waiting, she started to make her way towards his house. She had the basket full of flour hanging in her teeth and she bounced happily through the streets, occasionally congratulating ponies who had their birthdays or other important days.

As she was passing some local coffee shop, she saw Ditzy Doo sitting with Time Turner around one of the tables outside. She let out a muffled giggle and thought to herself, “Well it took long enough with those two.”
She stopped on her tracks. She took another look at the couple. Gears in her head started to spin as she thought, “Wait. They had their first wedding anniversary eighty-two days ago…”
She started to smile, almost dropping the basket. How could she have forgotten that Ditzy and Time Turner had been happily married for more than a year. She was the one who got them together.

“Look at them, being cute and all,” Pinkie thought thought. She imagined that she herself and Pokey would be in the same situation someday, and she hoped that it would be soon. She wasn’t quite sure about Pokey yet, but she had the courage to ask now, thanks to Fluttershy’s encouraging words. She looked at the couple for a minute before she snapped back to reality and a sudden urge to find Pokey forced her to continue towards Pokey’s place.

“Now where’s that soon-to-be husband of mine?” Pinkie thought with a small mischievous smile on her lips.

She started to bounce towards her destination again. Pinkie didn’t need to walk for long before she saw the pony she was looking for. Her own blue prince with the sharp unique horn. Pokey was easy to spot from other ponies, his horn swayed over other ponies heads. It was like a beacon that lured Pinkie towards him. She let out a small squeal and started to trot towards her coltfriend.

“Pfhokey!” she muttered with the basket hanging in her mouth. The stallion finally noticed her and a genuine smile appeared onto Pokey’s face. He started to walk towards Pinkie and stopped just in front of her. Pinkie didn’t wait for Pokey to say anything, nor did she lay down the basket before she started to speak, “I shpoke whfit Fluttershy anf fshe shaid that I shoud ask…”
Pinkie stopped when she saw Pokey’s confused, yet amused expression.

“You didnd undherstanh, dhid ya?” she asked. Pokey smiled and said, “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”
Pinkie Pie nodded and laid the basket on the ground between them. She then lifted her head up and her gaze met with Pokey’s. They stared at each other for a moment, before they both said each other’s name in unison.

“You go first,” Pokey offered. Pinkie smiled a bit more timidly this time. Somehow Pokey looking at her made it much more harder for Pinkie to ask about their future. She squirmed under Pokey’s gaze and then closed her eyes. She took a deep breath and opened her eyes slowly.

“I want to tell you one thing,” Pinkie said to Pokey, who tilted his head a little.

“Like you said earlier, we haven’t been together for too long…” she started and looked at Pokey who had small smile on his lips. She wasn’t sure if it was a amused or confused smile but she decided to continue, “I hope you won’t freak out or anything, but…”
She looked straight into Pokey’s eyes and took a step closer before saying, “I want to be with you, grow old with you, I want to… to… marry you!

She saw Pokey’s surprised expression. He looked at her with wide eyes and mouth a bit open. He kept staring at her like that and Pinkie Pie’s enthusiasm died quickly and she tensed up a little. Pokey stared at her for couple of seconds more, before looking down at the ground with confused look still on his face.
Pinkie started to panic.

“I-I mean of course when the time comes! Not right now or anything like that! We’ll go as slow as you like... As slow as you want…” she muttered nervously and drooped her ears. She didn’t even look at Pokey. She felt stupid and embarrassed.

“He’s not ready. Why did I have to rush this thing!?” Pinkie thought and stared at the ground. She could feel her mane becoming a bit flatter than usually. Just as she was about lift her head towards Pokey, two hooves appeared in front of her face, lifting her head upwards from under her chin. Soon her eyes blue eyes met with Pokey’s golden ones.

Pinkie Pie didn’t have time to say anything before Pokey pushed his muzzle against her’s, locking their lips together. Pinkie was surprised by the power of Pokey’s kiss. It was normally she who was the one who leaded their kissing, but this time it was different than usually.

“It’s like our first kiss!” Pinkie realized and was instantly filled with happiness again. She let Pokey take over completely and just enjoyed the kiss to the fullest. Pokey leaned even more forward and placed his other front hoof behind Pinkie Pie’s head, pulling her even more into the kiss. She giggled and opened her mouth even more, pushing her tongue into Pokey’s mouth where it danced with his tongue for a moment before they broke the kiss.

They both were blushing hard and as they looked around themselves, they noticed some curious ponies staring at them. Pokey and Pinkie smiled sheepishly at each other before Pokey suggested, “Maybe we should find a bit quieter place?”

“Nah,” Pinkie said while giving the most loving look to him.
Pokey looked at her for a second and then took a quick look at the ponies who were staring at them. He sighed and turned back to Pinkie Pie, who was still looking at him with love in her eyes.

“This is totally not like I planned it…” Pokey thought and looked at all the ponies around him. Their presence didn’t help at all.

“Let them watch,” Pinkie said quietly as she noticed Pokey’s troubled expression. She then giggled and placed a quick kiss onto his cheek. Pokey lifted his hoof to the cheek she had kissed, and smiled warmly at her.

“Okay,” he said quietly and sat down.

Pinkie looked at her coltfriend, who was now sitting in front of her with his golden eyes staring at her’s. She was silent, waiting for Pokey to say those magic words, to ask if she would like to love him for the rest of her life.
To her surprise, that question didn’t come. Instead Pokey opened his saddlebag. Before doing anything else, he asked from Pinkie Pie, “You know what I was looking for back at the park?”

“What?” Pinkie asked, trying to get a sneak peak at Pokey’s bag again. Luckily for her, Pokey had the thing with him this time, and he slowly pulled a small cardboard box from his saddlebag.

“Do you recognize it?” Pokey asked from his marefriend, who nodded eagerly and answered his question, “Of course I do. It’s the box I gave you when you left Ponyville.”
Pokey smiled and nodded. His smile grew wider as he said, “When you gave it to me, it was filled with balloons.”
He held a small dramatic pause before continuing, “Guess what’s in it now.”

“I have an Idea,” Pinkie said. She had her gaze fixated to the small box. If she was right about the content of the box, that day would be the best one in her entire life. Pokey reached his hooves towards her, offering the box to her. Pinkie took the box into her hooves carefully, like it would have been the most fragile flower ever existed. She was about to open it, but then Pokey stopped her by placing his other front hoof on her’s.

“Together?” he asked. Pinkie felt how tears of joy started to form in her eyes as she nodded and said, “Together.”

Pokey took his hoof from top of Pinkie Pie’s, but she didn’t open the box yet. She waited like they had agreed.

“Pinkamena Diane Pie,” Pokey started, still sitting on the ground. Pinkie’s blue eyes shined as she asked, “Yes?”
Pokey gestured that Pinkie could open the box now. Pinkie gave him a little nod and started to open the box. She saw something golden inside it.

“Will you…” Pokey continued but something interrupted him. It was a new voice shouting, “Watch out below!”

They both turned towards the sound and saw a cyan pegasus speeding towards them on the sky. It was Rainbow Dash. She probably was trying one of her new stunts. Pokey and Pinkie saw the mare lowering almost to the street level. Actually she was just about two meters off the ground when she reached them.

“Hi Pinkiiiieeeee….” they could hear as she flew over them with unbelievable speed. The air current following her soon hit the couple, lifting the flour from the basket that was between them into the air, covering them both into a big white cloud. For a second they both kept coughing like crazy, but then Pokey heard a scream. He could tell that it was Pinkie.

“Pinkie!? You okay?” he asked and tried to find her with his hooves. He didn’t find her but he heard her screaming, “The box! I dropped it!”

“What!? Where is it?” Pokey asked, still trying to locate his marefriend inside the flour cloud. When he finally caught her into his hooves she said, “I wouldn’t be screaming if I knew where it was!”

“It’s okay! We’ll just need to find it,“ Pokey reassured her with a smile. Pinkie still didn’t smile, she seemed to be really upset by the mishap.
The flour cloud started to perish and they saw many curious ponies looking at the scene in front of them. Pinkie and Pokey didn’t mind them at all. They were too focused on finding the box that was the most important thing right at that moment
.
After a moment Pinkie’s eyes noticed something couple of meters away from them.

“There!” she exclaimed victoriously and pointed at the box that was laying on the ground. Pokey looked there and smiled.

“Just wait here and I’ll get it,” he said and started to walk towards it. Pinkie watched him walk to the box and how he picked it up with his magic. She smiled happily but suddenly felt something strange happening. She felt her tail twitching, her knees wobbling and her back itching.

“Tail twitch, knee wobble and an itchy back. Somepony is going to crash into somepony else,” she thought and looked around herself. She quickly noticed Rainbow Dash coming for another sweep.

“Gotta be her,” she muttered to herself. “Should have known that.”
Pinkie tried to look for a potential victim. Her eyes went wide and she gasped as she realized that Pokey was proudly walking towards her with the box in his magical grasp, right in Rainbow’s flight path.

“Pokey!” she shouted and pointed towards the incoming Rainbow Dash. Pokey turned his head towards approaching Rainbow, who tried to slow down by flaring her wings wide open. Pokey just frowned and shouted angrily, “Why nothing can go as I planned it!?”

SMACK

* * *

Pokey started to wake up from the crash with Rainbow Dash. He was laying on something quite uncomfortable. Maybe a hard sofa or something like that. The air smelled somehow familiar, like sweet and baked goods. He opened his eyes, only to be blinded by a bright light. A jolt of pain rushed through his head and Pokey shut his eyes quickly, keeping them shut for a while. He then tried to open them again, more slowly this time. That strategy worked and he could now take a better look at his surroundings.

He had to be in Sugarcube Corner. In Pinkie’s room actually. There were balloons hanging around him and on the wall in front of him hung a banner that said, “Get well soon!”

“Where the hay does she get those?” Pokey asked from nopony in special. He chuckled at the banner for a second, before a new voice made him jump a little on his uncomfortable bed.

“She has a chest full of them. I’ve seen them with my own eyes,” the voice said. It wasn’t Pinkie’s. Pokey turned towards the sound and saw something strange. It was Rainbow Dash laying on a simple bed with a Daring Do book in her hooves.
“What is she doing here?” Pokey thought while looking at her with confused look on his face. Rainbow noticed his stare and seemed to get a little irritated by it.

“Never seen a pony before?” she asked bluntly and flipped a page in her book.

“No, it’s just… what are you doing here?” he asked from the cyan pegasus who gave him a strange look and said, “Umm, usually ponies go to a hospital if something bad happens, like our little crash earlier.”

“Hospital?” Pokey asked, mainly from himself. He looked around himself again and started to notice that even the decoration of the room had been clearly made by Pinkie, the room was just an ordinary hospital room with three beds. He sniffed the air and thought how did the room smell like Sugarcube Corner. His eyes met a spray bottle on the nightstand next to his bed. In it’s label read ‘Pinkie’s bakery aroma’. He half smiled at the bottle and then looked at the bed he was laying on. It was a normal hospital bed with a mattress made of stone by the feel of it
.

“That explains why the be was so uncomfortable,” Pokey thought before turning back to Rainbow Dash. She had a bandage wrapped around the ankle of her left hind leg, but it didn’t seem to bother her at all.

“Sorry about the crash,” Pokey said with apologetic voice.

“It’s nothing. Just a sprained ankle,” Rainbow said and waved her hoof at him casually. “Besides, I shouldn’t have flown that low in the middle of the town.”
Pokey agreed with her, but decided not to say anything. He touched his head and a jolt of pain ran through it again. He winced and hissed through his teeth before asking, “How long have we been here?”

“Only for couple of hours. I think they said that you might have a migraine when you wake up, but nothing dangerous,” Rainbow said to Pokey who chuckled and said, “Well they got that right.”

They laid on their beds for a minute, before Rarity laid down his book and looked at Pokey curiously. It took another minute before he noticed that the cyan pegasus staring at him. When he noticed, he asked, “What?”

“I was just wondering, what were you guys doing back there?” Rainbow asked, making Pokey’s eyes go wide as he remembered. He took a nervous look around the room and saw his saddlebag on the floor next to his bed. He took it into his hooves and opened it quickly. To his relief, the small cardboard box was right on the top of everything else. Pinkie must have put it in there after the crash. He sighed and leaned back to his pillow.

“Hello?” Rainbow asked and waved her hoof to get his attention. Pokey turned his head towards her and she said, “You didn’t answer my question.”

“Oh… I was just getting this,” he answered and took the box into his hooves. Rainbow looked at it with raised eyebrow. She squinted her eyes and asked curiously, “What’s that?”

“You’ll find out soon enough,” said a sweet, slightly muffled voice from the door. They both turned towards the sound and saw Pinkie Pie standing there, with her ever so happy and energetic appearance. She had a small box in her teeth, but a warm smile garnishedher lips and she looked directly at Pokey. She slowly made her way to the side of Pokey’s bed, sat down and took the box into her hooves. She placed it on the bed next to Pokey, before leaning forward and giving a soft kiss to Pokey.

“Sorry you had to wait. I really needed to get that,” Pinkie said after the kiss and pointed at the small box. Pokey stared at the blue velvet box. He gulped and asked, “I-Is that what I think it is?”

“I don’t know what you think it is,” Pinkie giggled, giving a teasing look to him. She then took a hold of Pokey’s hoof and whispered into his ear. “Maybe we should find out.”
That made Pokey snicker a little but then he pressed his forehead against Pinkie’s, who drooped her ears cutely. Pokey smiled timidly and muttered, “Just let me get down from here first.”
Before he managed to even move, Pinkie Pie bounced up onto the bed and sat in front of him.

“No need to!” she exclaimed. After a small snickering, Pokey sat more upright and dropped the saddlebag down to the floor to give them more space.

“Um… should we…” Pokey muttered and took his box into his hooves while looking at Pinkie Pie nervously. She nodded slowly, seeming to feel at least as nervous as he was feeling. Pokey drooped his ears and looked at Pinkie for a good while, just thinking how beautiful she looked. Her curly mane falling down her shoulders, jumping up and down from every small move she did. Her blue eyes stared at him with anticipation in them. Pokey could see that they were getting a bit wet. Well, he felt his own eyes getting watery as well so he couldn’t blame her. There was something in that moment that made them feel like crying.

Pokey braced himself and took a deep breath before starting, “Pinkamena Diane Pie…”

“Yes!” Pinkie exclaimed, putting her hooves on her mouth and flashing a sheepish smile to amused Pokey.

“You know I didn’t even finish yet,” Pokey said and took her hooves into his own. She chuckled nervously and said, “Sorry, I just got a bit too excited.”
Pokey smiled and said, “Just try to keep yourself under control. Just for couple of seconds.”
Pinkie nodded eagerly, and with that Pokey continued, “I know some might think that we are rushing through our relationship…”

“Yes!” Pinkie mumbled with her hooves still on her lips. Pokey frowned and looked at her amusedly and continued, “... But I don’t think so. I know I want to live with you.”

“OhmigoshYesyesyesyes!” Pinkie mumbled, trying her best not to start crying. Pokey wasn’t so good at it and felt one tear starting to roll down his cheek as he said, “A-and I have wanted to ask you one question for a while now…”
Now Pinkie and Pokey both had tears rolling down their cheeks. Pinkie leaned forward and asked with tearful, barely audible voice, “Yes?”
Pokey took the brown cardboard box and opened it, revealing a golden hoofring with small blue gem embedded to it. Pinkie’s eyes glittered as she looked at the ring with tears starting to freely fall down her cheeks, onto her chin.

“W-will you marry me?” Pokey asked with shaky voice.

YES!” Pinkie shouted, throwing her hooves around Pokey’s neck, making him fall backwards with her on top of him. He barely managed to save the hoofring from flying off again. Pinkie didn’t seem to notice it and just locked her lips with his, engaging into a deep passionate kissing. They felt how their faces were damp with their own tears but it didn’t slow them down. They were getting deeper into the sloppy kissing, but then they started to feel the urge to breath again.

“I-I-I…” Pinkie muttered, trying to say something. Her tears made mascara run down her cheeks. Pokey noticed that she could get any words out so he just took her left forehoof into his and slid the golden ring around her hoof. She squaled happily and buried her face into Pokey’s shoulder, whispering, “I’m the happiest mare in whole Equestria right now.”
Pokey couldn’t say anything. He started brushing his marefriend’s pink poofy mane slowly while she sobbed happily against his shoulder.

After a while, they heard Rainbow Dash asking slowly, “Did you just… like, propose her?”
They both turned towards her and saw wide eyed Rainbow Dash. It had clearly taken some time for her to process the scene in front of her. The pair nodded at the same time, making Rainbow Dash flare her wings open and exclaimed loudly, “Wooow… That was awesome! Good job sport!”

“Thanks,” the pair said in unison, not knowing if she spoked to Pokey or Pinkie. Rainbow jumped down from her bed, making a funny face when she landed on her sore hoof. She was tough enough not to yelp but she walked to the pair with a limp. When she reached the bed, she scooped Pinkie up into a tight hug which she returned. Rainbow Dash then examined the ring around Pinkie’s hoof, letting out a long whistle.

“That’s a pretty nice piece of jewelry right there,” she said and gave Pokey approving nod. She then started to smile and wrapped Pinkie into another hug.

“I’m so happy for you,” she said and tightened her hug. Pinkie giggled and said while Rainbow nuzzled her cheek, “I’m pretty happy with myself too!”
Rainbow rolled her eyes and smiled happily. She then turned her stare to Pokey, which made him rather nervous. Rainbow gave him very stern look and said with cold voice, “If you ever make her sad…”
Pokey drooped his ears and gulped nervously. That Rainbow maned one always was the scary one. Pinkie instead just giggled and gave Pokey a mischievous look, saying, “Don’t worry RD. I can handle myself just fine.”

“Yeah, I guess so,” Rainbow said while looking at Pokey with amused expression. Both of the mares started to snicker together. Pokey frowned. There was always somepony who made fun of him for being a bit wussy. Pinkie noticed his frown and let go of Rainbow Dash and nuzzled Pokey’s cheek with her muzzle.

“Aww… You know that you’re the most bravest pony to me,” she cooed and placed her lips on his. He immediately felt better by himself and started to kiss back. Soon it had turned into a full makeout session, with stiff winged Rainbow Dash staring at them from couple of feets away. She backed off slowly, making her way towards the door while muttering, “Uhm… I’ll be going now…”
She received no response from the passionately kissing pair. She frowned and muttered something inaudible before getting out of the room.


Pinkie and Pokey didn’t notice her leavin, nor did they care. They had each other and it was all that mattered. After couple of minutes Pinkie rolled of from top of her lover and cuddled right into his side. They spent a moment just petting each other and trying to calm down. After they had caught their breaths, Pinkie extended her left front log and examined the golden ring with wide smile on her lips.

“This is so cool,” she said and gave Pokey a quick peck on the cheek. She then took the small velvet box from the bed next to them and presented it to Pokey. With a wide smile she opened it and inside it was a much smaller ring that was supposed to be put around the horn. It too had a small gem embedded into it. A normal horn ring… except one small detail that made Pokey looked at it with confused expression on his face for a second. It was pink.

“I bought it just today! While you were sleeping here,” Pinkie explained happily. Pokey blinked slowly before saying, “It’s… pink.”

“I know! I thought that it was a good colour,” Pinkie said and took the small ring into her hooves. Pokey stared at her holding the ring for a second. It was exactly the same colour as her coat. She wore that cute smile that made Pokey’s heart melt.
“It’s the most beautiful ring I’ve ever seen,” he muttered with a slightly defeated tone.

Pinkie Pie smiled when she heard that and gently slipped the ring around Pokey’s sharp horn, sliding it all the way to the bottom of it. She then proudly looked at her soon to be fiancé, who leaned forward to kiss her. She accepted that and soon they had fallen deep into exchanging passionate kisses. After they were done, Pinkie looked at Pokey with the most seductive bedroom eyes he had ever seen on her.

“You know… Have you ever thought about doing it in a hospital?” Pinkie asked as she lowered herself closer to the blushing Pokey. “Because I sure have.”
Pokey seemed nervous and muttered, “What? No.”

“Aww come on! Think how exciting it would be with all these nurses and patients around us,” Pinkie Pie exclaimed with excited voice, jumping up and down a bit. Pokey folded his ears to the back of his head and said, “That’s exactly why I’m not too keen on the idea.”
Pinkie tried with her best puppy dog eyes and a cute pout but Pokey shook his head. Pinkie sighed heavily. She then flopped against him and said, “You’re such a dullard.”
Pokey chuckled and stroke her mane, not saying anything. Pinkie then rose upwards so that their muzzles were touching.

“But you’re my dullard,” she said before kissing him again.

Author's Note:

I decided to do one more chapter after this one. I didn't want the last chapter to be 10k+ words long and thought that you guys should get something new to read already. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.