• Published 7th Dec 2013
  • 3,200 Views, 40 Comments

The last black crusade - ThatRarityIsaSpy



After fleeing Cadia, Abaddon launches his fourteenth and final black crusade against Terra and Equestria.

  • ...
1
 40
 3,200

Friendship is magic

[10 days before estimated arrival time of Abaddon the Despoiler.]
"600,000 astartes have arrived at the planet currently known as Equestria. They are as of now in orbit, awaiting orders. What will they be sire?" The custodes asked the Emperor.
"Remain in orbit until the arrival of the despoiler and his forces." The Emperor said. "When the legions of chaos arrive, I want every available astartes to be down there."
"What if Abaddon attempts to destroy the planet?"
"He can't. It's impossible as a matter of fact." The Emperor said. "The magical shield surrounding the planet is a rather powerful one at that. We couldn't break through that barrier with all the cyclonic torpedoes in the entire universe as far as I know. The shield is powered by just one powerful magical artifact."

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Mephiston looked at the crystal heart. Stared into it just as Tigurius had looked inside the Tyrannid hive mind. Where the Tyrannid hive mind had however caused Tigurius great pain, the crystal heart soothed the Blood Angels librarian filling him with senses of love and hope. The crystal heart was like a living being with a mind of it's own. It extended it's warm tender touch to all. The feelings of hatred and pain slowly crept out of the Lord Of Death's mind until he fell into a state of where it was like listening to the Emperor speak.
That's when he noticed something.
The Emperor WAS speaking to him. Whispering to him.
"Guard this artifact. Let it protect you, and with your chapter master, you will protect it."
Looking around, Mephiston soon realized Dante had heard the voice too. Along with any space marine within "earshot."
"He has spoken his will brother." Dante said. "We will follow."
"So shall we."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"These are the elements of harmony, and these are their bearers milord." Arven said to Draigo as he presented to him the six equines all wearing elements.
"It's truly an honor to see there are beings out there who have battled chaos for longer than myself. To think one's existence spells woe for the dark gods. There is no greater blessing than that." Draigo said to the mane six.
"And I bet there's nothing more AWESOME than going around in chaos' own playground and...." Dashie's mouth without a warning closed on it's own, seemingly against her will.
Draigo evidently, doesn't exactly like hearing about the time he spent trapped in the warp. He may not fall to the corruption or the blades of daemons, but there are things he'd rather not hear.
"The dark forces of chaos arrive in 10 days. We'll need your support." Twilight said.
"As we will need yours." Draigo replied drawing his weapon in a salute. "It will be an honor to fight alongside you."
Any other space marine listening to Draigo's words would be astounded at how easily he took everything. Then again, the Emperor had fished him out of the warp and given him orders personally. So probably, it shouldn't be a surprise that Draigo seemed WILLING to fight alongside aliens.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
"I hope you truly are what the Emperor expects you to be." Azrael said to Cypher as they stood in front of the tree of harmony.
"You have my word."
"You may have the Emperor and the primarch's trust, they may tolerate you, but I do not." Azrael spat out. "Prove to be you are no heretic, no traitor, and you will gain my trust, and what these aliens call, friendship."
"Glad to see you're always up for making more friends." Cypher said. "You know what this place is?"
"They call this place the tree of harmony. To Equestria and it's dwellers it is the most..... how should I saw this..... holy place on the planet. Wrong word considering they are mostly irreligious, but it will still suffice. This place also contains properties of magic. Had I not been enlightened from the Emperor, I would have burned the alien witches with their tree. Now then. Do you know what's the one thing that is strengthening every warrior of the Emperor this very moment except for him who we dedicate our service to?"
"This tree?"
"Yes. You know what I mean."
Azrael stalked off. Glad to be out of the presence of the fallen. Hell, the Emperor may like him and think him redeemed and the same went for Jonson who got his blade back, but for Azrael, it'd take more than just a few soft words and fixing a lost blade if Cypher wanted his trust.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Dorn looked up into the skies.
Ten days until his treacherous brethren return. He had a score to settle. This time, he was intent on being with his father for every moment.
Jonson polished off his blade and contemplated. He won't be caught napping this time. Pity the man who falls upon his wrath.
Khan nodded to Russ. They were going to battle through this together. Brother was not going to have to leave brother in this battle over the sake of one another. They will do this together, and they will destroy the traitors.
Guilliman readied his weapons. He had many scores to settle. The daemon primarchs would be right to fear him.
Vulkan watched as most of the civilian population quickly fled Terra or were conscripted for the coming siege. He made it his point that the same fate would not befall them as his salamanders during the Horus Hersey.
Corax readied the defenses and prepared for battle. He will be redeemed this battle.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
In equestrian, everything grew silent. The laughter and hustle and bustle that once filled the planet was gone. With a silent and dreading anticipation of the thing all ponies loathed. War.
And now, from the most fragile trust of the most zealous chapters to a proud Equestrians, and from the blooming friendship of the blood ravens to ponykind, it would all depend on them.
If Equestria will teach humanity anything in the coming day, it will be one thing.
Friendship, is magic.