• Published 1st Dec 2013
  • 589 Views, 2 Comments

To Be A Brony - Hidden_Blade_Attack



A non-brony is forced into a quest he never saw coming.

  • ...
12
 2
 589

Chapter 8: Eric Vs Alex

Pinkie and her companions stayed at a hotel for the night. It was far enough from everything so they shouldn't be caught. Eric was just in the wash room staring at himself in the mirror. It was the morning and he was getting ready. He was actually just thinking about what he is doing. He wasn't sure if he wanted this. He was wanted now, for keeping the pony safe. He could almost break under the pressure.

But he knew he couldn't stay there forever, things needed to be done. He wasn't sure if he could trust everyone else, he trusted Mike no doubt he even trusted Pinkie. But his sister can be unpredictable and he barely talked to Rachel but he chose to believe he can trust her. He definitely can't trust Ryan. But what choice did he have.

He was just washing off all of his zombie make up, he was still wearing the zombie outfit due to that was all he had. Once he was content with how he looked he walked out only to be confronted by Kylah, Rachel, and Ryan. HE forgot that he had some stuff to explain.

"Alright Eric, time to explain yourself." Kylah said. Rachel and Ryan nodded. Eric took a deep breath and began. "Well... I found Pinkie Pie the pony yesterday." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I wasn't sure what to do but she said she needed help getting home. So I agreed along with Mike. But we still wanted to go to the party so we did. Apparently the government wants her I guess. Not sure why. But I think I will help her with this. And it would be awesome if you three did, too. All we have to do is get her to Newfoundland and then get her on a boat to Africa." Eric finished.

They were silent for a moment. "Why to Africa?" Rachel asked.

"There's a portal there. It can send Pinkie home." Mike answered. He was on the bed with Pinkie. The three thought for a moment.

"Alright, I'm in. But you owe me little brother." Kylah said.

"We did promise last night." Rachel reminded. Ryan sighed and nodded.

"Great." Eric said. "Thank you guys so much." Pinkie said.

Then they heard a police siren. "Oh no. Did they find us?" Rachel asked.

'I'll go see." Eric offered. He went over to the door shaking. He was quite nervous. He slowly opened it and looked out.

"I don't see them." He said he turned around to go in but saw a solder right there. Before Eric could react the solder grabbed him and put a hand over his mouth. Eric recognised the solder, it was the one from the party.

The solder came into the room holding his captive. The five quickly notice and stepped back.

"Okay listen up! Step back and hand over the pony!" Alex ordered eyeing the pony. The five remained frozen not sure of what to do.

"I said-" Alex started but was hit over the head with a lamp which caused it to shatter. Alex fell over and released his hold on Eric.

Rachel was holding the broken lamp and was alarmed at what she had done. "Thanks." Eric said getting up.

"Oh wow, wow." Rachel said. "Come on guys. We got to man up." Pinkie said trotting to the door. 'I agree with the pony." Ryan stated.

They went out of the room and saw two police beneath them. They were on a landing and could seem them from a railing.

"Watch out!" Kylah yelled from behind. They moved out of the way as Kylah threw a TV over the railing landing on the police's heads.

"Nice!" Ryan said. With that the six ran down the stairs and out of the hotel. They bolted it across a parking lot to their car and all hopped in.

"Okay we're all here?" Kylah asked starting the car. "Yup, let's go!" Mike replied. Eric then heard a familiar sound of metal on metal.

A bullet had been shot at the car and hit the door. "Their shooting, Drive!" Eric yelled as more bullets hit the sides. The solders were aiming for their tires. The car sped down the road. They were heading out of the city.

Meanwhile Alex came to and heard his communicator going off. "Hello? You there Alex?" He heard Peter say. He picked it up to answer. "They got away." He replied.

"We got to stop them. Bosses orders." Peter said. "we will, situate your helicopter in front of their path, you know where they are right?"

"Yeah, just found them. I will. And what of you?" "I will deal with them, just make sure your copter is ready for pick up."

"Yes sir."

Kylah was smiling with joy. "We just beat the military!" She exclaimed. Eric was just freaking out, breathing quickly.

"Calm down. We're safe." Pinkie said putting a hoof on his leg for comfort.

"Not sure about that Pinkie. When the military is willing to shoot at teens, their desperate." Mike answered using his COD logic.

"What do you know." Ryan scoffed. Mike was about to reply but Rachel hushed him.

"See what did I tell you." Mike said. "What?" Pinkie asked. "The helicopter is flying just ahead.

They all followed his gaze and saw the copter. "Jeez!" Eric said still freaking out. Eric then saw the familiar little ball in front of the car.

"A grenade turn!" Eric yelled as he grabbed the wheel and turned it from the road in desperation. The car skidded away off road as the grenade blew up behind them. They drove off road for a moment but met up with another.

"Okay Eric, thank you." Kylah said pushing him back in his seat. "This is insane." Ryan exclaimed.

"Calm down Ryan, you got to trust Eric." Rachel said. They were coming to an intersection.

To their luck it was a green light so they drove through.

"Everything will be just fine" Kylah said looking back at everyone. Right at that time they heard a honk. Kylah looked to her right and saw a military car coming from the side about to collide with their car. It was too late. They were smoked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eric never felt so much pain before. He was slowly coming to. It was all foggy with unsettling feeling. He could barely see as he could feel his left cheek swelling. He saw the floor of the car. He slowly moved his arm to see that it was covered in blood.

He got out of the seat and began crawling to the roof which was torn off. His hearing was impaired at the moment. He heard coughing around him. He finally got out of the wreckage. The numbness beginning to dissipate. He fell to the concrete with a thud. The car was knocked right into a wall and he was a the mouth of an ally.

He slowly got up feeling like complete crap. The numbness faded and now he felt all the injuries he had. He slowly got to his feet. He heard a cry for help. He rubbed his eyes and saw at the back of the ally that Alex had Pinkie cornered and was advancing on her.

Using all the strength he had left. He ran at Alex. "Get away from her!" He yelled. Alex couldn't turn around in time and Eric socked him im the face. He fell back a bit. But then got up and pushed Eric to the wall.

"Eric!" Pinkie yelled but Alex through Pinkie to the wall. "I'm done with being mister nice guy, your coming with me!" Alex yelled pointing a pistol at her.

Right before anything happened. Eric jumped in the way. He tensed up and waited for the shot. But after ten seconds he realised he was still alive. He looked up at Alex who was just standing their with the gun.

"If you want this pony you got to go through me!" Eric yelled. "And me!" He looked over and saw Mike limp over and jump in front.

"And me." Rachel joined them. "And me." Kylah said coming over. "And me!" Ryan yelled at him joining the team.

Eric was proud of them, he was also proud of himself. He had stood up to what was right.

Alex threw the gun aside. "That pony must mean a lot if you kids would do this." They all nodded.

Alex talked into the communicator. "Peter come in, come in for pick up. We're giving these kids a ride." Alex said.

"Yes sir." Peter answered. "So where you headed." He asked Eric. "Take us to the shores of Newfoundland please." Eric replied.

Alex nodded. "Come on then." He said as the six followed. The helicopter landed and the group got in.

"Take us to Newfoundland." Alex ordered. "If you say so." Peter replied. The helicopter took off.

"Thanks Eric." Eric looked over to see Pinkie by his side. "I mean, I have some pretty awesome friends, but that was incredible." She said to him.

"You didn't have to do that." She said.

"I did. You see, my whole life I never really did anything, I was just going through the moments. But now I have a chance to make a change, improve something, do something. And I will do anything I can to make sure you end up home." Eric replied.

He was then hugged by Pinkie.

"Just, thanks so much." She said. "Your welcome. I got your back." Eric said.

'We all do." Mike added.