• Published 1st Dec 2013
  • 588 Views, 2 Comments

To Be A Brony - Hidden_Blade_Attack



A non-brony is forced into a quest he never saw coming.

  • ...
12
 2
 588

Chapter 2: Noises in the Night

Eric was shaking in fear for a while rolled up in a little ball. Eventually the creature spoke up. "Eat you?" It asked. Eric just nodded. He was surprised he wasn't dead so he got enough guts to turn himself in a way that he could see it. It looked rather cute, and not at al deadly...from what he could see anyways.

He eventually managed to speak up. "W-what or who are y-you?" He asked between stammers. "I am an earth pony, my name is Pinkie Pie." She answered.

Eric didn't understand at first but then he managed to figure it out, it must either be a dream or Mike is fooling with him.

"Ha, ha, very funny Mike." He said gaining courage. It wouldn't be the first time Mike has sneaked into his house and tricked him, but not to this extreme, but Eric didn't think twice of it as he wanted a logical explanation.

"Mike? No, no. I said I was Pinkie Pie." The pony repeated. Eric knew that it couldn't be Mike, Mike couldn't do this. But he wanted it to believe it to be Mike.

He scrunched more into a ball as he realized that this was very real. Pinkie could tell he was on the verge of completely losing it.

"You know, I could leave if you want." She whispered. Eric simply nodded, he just didn't need this. She nodded and with that she left. It took Eric a while before he was over whelmed with fatigue and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He woke up about an hour later to a tapping on the window. He looked over to the window and saw bright light coming from it along with the frizzy haired pony.

"Can I come in?" She asked through the crack. Eric ran to the window and looked out and saw a police car with some police paroling around it. He also noticed Pinkie was terrified. After a couple seconds of Eric standing there she finally opened the window herself and hopped in.

"Why...why did you c-come back." He said turning to her where she was on his bed. She looked to be on the verge of tears.

"I didn't know where to go, I was just looking for help...but they started coming after me, I needed to hide." She said with tears building. Eric had to admit he felt bad, even though he was far from understanding the situation.

Eric looked back out the window and then closed it and putting a curtain over it. His heart was beating a million beats a second it seemed.

"What is this place, what are you, how do I get home?" She asked as tears fell from her eyes onto his bed. Eric just gulped but inched a little closer to the mare. "Um, this is Toronto, Ontario. I am a hum-man and I d-don't know." He answered her questions.

Eric slowly made his way to the other side of the room and picked up his phone and dialled 9-1-1. He had no idea what to do. "What's your name?" She asked between her soft sobbing.

"E-eric." He stuttered as his finger hovered over the 'call' option.

"Eric?" He looked at her and felt really bad for her. She wiped her face with her hoof before saying. "Will you help me?" She asked.

This was a big decision for Eric's whole life. Is it to answer or just call. But Eric isn't heartless and was taught to help others, even if they were a strange creature from a different world, he presumed. He sighed as he pressed cancel on his phone.

"Yes, Pinkie Pie. I will help as I can." He answered. Before he could ask what she needed or say his conditions she jumped to him, embracing him in a hug.

He flinched and wheezed. But he noticed that she was crying into him so he simply wrapped his arms around her furry frame.
He felt good for agreeing to help, but had no idea what he was getting himself into.

"Thank you so much." She finally said. Eric wasn't use to such long hugs, or any pretty much.

"What happened and what do you need help with?" He asked. "Can we talk about that in the morning, I'v had a rough day." She answered as she seemed to be drifting off.

He was a little annoyed she expected sleep before information, but let it slide. After a couple more minutes Eric was really tired and Pinkie was pretty much asleep so he picked her up, and she was quite light if Eric could pick her up. He gently put her down on one side of his bed and tucked her in before he went in beside her as he was to tired to care at this point, he just wanted sleep.

The sirens and noise out his window vanished and Eric let sleep over take him.