• Published 1st Dec 2013
  • 1,143 Views, 19 Comments

Doctor Hooves: An Unusual Filly - Anime PJ



On a perfectly ordinary day in Equestria, school teacher Cheerilee notices something... a lot of things wrong with one of her students. She and her boyfriend Big Macintosh set out to investigate and end up taking a trip through time and space.

  • ...
6
 19
 1,143

Chapter 1: The Offer of Company

It was a sunny day in the magical land of Equestria, sunny but still cold for the ponies who are used to warm weather. The pegasi were preparing for winter and all of the ponies were going about their business. In the small country town of Ponyville everyone was busy, the Apple family were collecting the freshly ripe apples on their farm, all the stores on Sugar Cube Corner were busy and all of the colts and filly's were in school. Teaching all of these young ponies was a pretty Earth Pony with a purple coat, a golden mane and tail and a cutie mark of three smiling flowers plastered on her flank. "Okay class, that's all for today. Goodbye everyone."

Cheerilee sighed with relief as all of the energetic young ponies left her classroom, she loved them all to bits but sometimes she just needed a rest. She noticed a solitary filly still sat at the back of the room, still at her desk and absorbed in a book, not surprising at all she thought. This girl was always lonely and Cheerilee didn't quite know why, she was one of the sweetest pupils in the class so there was no way she couldn't make friends if she wanted to.

Cheerilee went over to her pupil, a filly with a lovely purple coat, bright green mane and a moon and stars cutie mark and said "Good afternoon Sugar, how are you today?".

Sugar Hooves looked up from her book and said in a soft but nevertheless fairly loud voice "Oh good afternoon Miss Cheerilee, I'm perfectly alright thank you." The soft tone of the young pony calmed Cheerilee right down after her long day of work,

"Glad to hear it, what are you reading?"

"The History of Canterlot, it's fascinating", Cheerilee was quite surprised that such a young pony would take an interest in such a book. Her curiosity was beginning to grow.

Just then they both heard a voice at the classroom door "Howdy there Cheerilee, are ya ready to g..." they both turned around to see a fairly large stallion with a red coat, a blonde tail and mane and a big green apple for a cutie mark. Big Macintosh had stopped when he saw Sugar as he didn't feel like bothering the young earth pony with his private life.

"Oh, hello there Macintosh."

"Well howdy there Cheerilee and uh..." he hadn't heard the filly's name before and probably wouldn't have remembered it anyway given how he rarely interacted with any of the young pony's other than his younger sister and her two friends.

Cheerilee helped him out though "Oh, this is Sugar Hooves, I was actually about to ask her if we could walk her home." Big Mac nodded, thinking darn now I have to remember her name but kept a smile on the outside that said yeah sure.

Sugar had been putting her book in her bag during this exchange and when she heard what Cheerilee said she froze and said "No thank you Miss Cheerilee, that won't be necessary." Cheerilee was even more shocked now than before, not only had the filly been surprised at the gesture, she was rushing her speech as if she was actually trying to avoid the idea all together. She wasn't going to give up though. Since joining the class two months ago this girl has done nothing but make her curious, maybe it she got her talking on the way home she could figure out why Sugar was so unusual.

"Are you sure Sugar? It's awfully cold out."

"Yes, I'm sure" Sugar replied "my grandfather doesn't like strangers."

That was not only strange for a pony living in Ponyville but it was even stranger considering the man's job. Cheerilee wanted to call her out right there But you said he was a doctor, not liking strangers makes no sense but she held in her thoughts and just smiled "Okay then, if you're sure have a lovely evening."

Content with the results Sugar replies "I certainly will try Miss, goodbye" and then she was out of the door without giving her teacher a second glance.
***

"So... tell me why we're followin' you student home again." Big Mac said. They had left the classroom a little behind Sugar Hooves and had been following her, which wasn't as easy as it probably should have been. She was being insanely careful for someone was only taking a casual stroll home. She stopped at every corner and looked behind her, leading Cheerilee and Big Mac to have to hide behind buildings regularly. That only fuelled Cheerilee's curiosity and created some inside Big Mac.

"Well" Cheerilee whispered "Sugar came into my class two months ago and since the moment she stepped into the classroom she's been... well, for lack of a better word odd. She's known things that no other pony in the class had any idea of but she lacks the basic knowledge of how our money works. She said she thought we had a smaller currency that makes up a bit. Can you believe that?"

Big Mac was now as unsure as Cheerily on what to make of the filly. From the sounds of it she was incredibly good at difficult tasks but also painfully bad at simple things that most ponies just take as a minor task.

After following Sugar for a few more minutes they turned a corner and... she was gone. All they found around that corner was a big blue box made out of wood...

Author's Note:

This serves as the introduction to a story based on Doctor Who: An Unearthly Child. I hope that once I finish this one I have enough of a following to make a series out of it.

I would like to tell you right now that after this there will be very little resemblance to the original Doctor Who serial as I don't think going back to when the ponies were primitive would be a very interesting plot.

Please comment and tell me what I can do to improve my writing and keep an eye out for the second chapter...

Enter Doctor Hooves