• Published 11th Mar 2012
  • 19,692 Views, 1,619 Comments

My Little Wesker - Iamdanny0



After Wesker is defeated, he finds himself in a strange land. A strange land known as Equestria.

  • ...
49
 1,619
 19,692

PreviousChapters Next
Albert Wesker and the Colour Black

Albert Wesker and the Colour Black

Author's Note: Yep. I am still alive... and believe me I am still alive. I'm doing science and I'm still alive. But seriously, got hold of a little bit of free time before Easter when I have to start properly writing my dissertation and two other essays (one of which is about the Nazi Economy, if you 're interested, which I doubt...) We all love flashbacks. Grammar and spelling checked by Jasontaylorblogs and final beta'd by Jack Kellar.

In truth, Wesker wasn't exactly about to attack Rainbow Dash, but only for the same reasons he had not to choke someone to death at an Umbrella cocktail party: appearances and a severe lack of desire to expend any effort at the time.

He was also certain that the pegasus – although the two of them were hardly on the best of terms – had not intended her rapid departure to be an elaborate assassination attempt. If she had, then clearly he had vastly underestimated her cunning.

Not sure anyone has used hypothermia as an assassination tool before, Al.

They probably had. If there was one thing Albert Wesker could give humans credit for, it was their ability to be as inventive as possible regarding ways they harmed one another.

If only they could see that turning themselves into monsters and falling into lava was the way to go about it, Albert…

"Miss Rainbow," the stallion began flatly, trying to divert his attention away from Critical, "how has your week been?"

"Erm..." To say the cerulean pegasus was reticent in responding was a severe understatement. "Good, thanks?" At the sight of her listener's mildly arched eyebrow, she stammered out, "Well, obviously not good, 'cos, you know, I was worried about you being sick and stuff…but when I said good, I meant, like, as good as you could expect somepony to be with what happened and all."

The mare let out a silent sigh of relief as the supposed amnesiac nodded once and turned away, continuing to walk. "So...how was your...?" she said reflexively, but halted at the wholly not amused frown crossing his face. "Ah, yeah. Not good. Of course." She turned her head starkly in the opposite direction he was situated from her. "My bad."

Wesker threw a hard look what he could see of the pegasus' rather reddened face, before snorting amusedly. "Relax, I'm not going to attack you any time soon."

Her eyes switched from staring resolutely to the side to facing cautiously towards him. "Really?"

He smirked condescendingly. "Of course, Miss Rainbow. That'll be when you least expect it… and I'm nothing if not patient."

She looked taken aback for a second before her eyes narrowed. "You're joking again, aren't you? It's so difficult to tell with you, Al."

Wesker said nothing initially, allowing his triumphant smirk to reign absolute in the silence. "You apologised for leaving me in the storm, and whilst I would have appreciated directions, an escort back to Miss Applejack's, or at least a warning that the contents of every body of water that has ever existed in Equestria would soon be dumped over my head and make me run blindly into every standing structure in Ponyville, both natural and ponymade," he pointedly ignored the grin that Rainbow immediately, but far too late, slapped a hoof over in order to hide, "I figure it was not a malicious act. So…" he gave a sarcastic flourish, "… you are forgiven."

"Just like that, huh?"

"Just like that, indeed." He made it a point to twist his facial lines into a perfectly neutral, stony expression. "Though if you feel you are undeserving of my forgiveness, then..."

Rainbow desperately stretched out both front legs towards him. He imagined that, had she had hands, they would be pleadingly positioned palms-first. "No, no, you got it all wrong! I do deserve it!"

Wesker recoiled in mock stupefaction. "Well, somepony has an inflated opinion of herself."

"Wait, I didn't mean..." She stopped mid-flail as she registered the smirk back on his face. "Stop doing that!"

The earthbound pony began examining the picture-perfect fauna and flora around them. "I have no idea what you're talking about, Miss Rainbow, but I am certainly glad we are back on cordial terms again; if our friendship were to die, then so would my heart. And my dreams."

Rainbow crossed her forelegs. "Yeah... I'm gonna go ahead and not believe what you just said."

"That's wise of you." He broke the staring contest he was currently undergoing against a small sparrow, causing the tiny bird to breathe a sigh of relief and wipe a bead of sweat off its brow with a shaking wing before fleeing. "For a sleepy little town, Ponyville certainly has a lot of incidents, doesn't it?"

The pegasus nodded. "Sure does! Even before you got here, there was the whole Elements of Harmony thing, the Gala ticket mix-up, and even a bunny stampede!"

Wesker cocked his head to the side. "A bunny stampede? How...? Why...?" He noticed Rainbow's expression was utterly blank, with only a trace of weary resignation present within her magenta irises. He sighed. "Do I even want to ask?"

"No. You really don't, Al. Just know it was Applejack being Applejack before Twilight had to go all friendship-y on her rump."

"Is that all Ponyville has suffered through within the last few months?"

"That I know of…" Rainbow continued reluctantly, "Well, aside from you and Gilda. But hey, I think I'm getting used to the fact that disaster is always just around the corner here."

"I wouldn't say that party was a total disaster."

"You knocked the guest of honour unconscious."

"Yes, but the cake was exquisite."

She sighed and rolled her eyes, but Wesker caught the beginnings of a smile tugging at her lips as she turned away. "I can't say she didn't deserve it, especially since she was about to attack you." There was a brief pause as a thought struck her, causing her lips to move wordlessly as she considered how to word it.

"Do spit it out, Miss Rainbow. You don't need to worry about offending me."

"Huh. Well, I was just wondering..." the mare nodded in the direction of Wesker's newly acquired knitwear, "...why do you like the color black so much?"

Bizarrely for the former-Umbrella scientist, this wasn't the first time he had been asked that very same question.

January 29th, 1991

"Why do you like the color black so much, Wesker?"

The male scientist pushed his glasses up to the bridge of his nose and averted his gaze from the thick wad of reports he was being forced to fill in to the Irish scientist perched on the edge of his desk. His eyes flicked towards his discarded lab coat and a hand sub-consciously brushed the collar of his black polo jumper. "As alluring as you are, leaning provocatively on the corner of my desk, Miss Donnelly, I have work to do and no time to fritter away on meaningless questions."

She sighed. "Aw, I bet you say that to all the girls."

Wesker snorted and looked back down at the paperwork he needed to fill in, but was halted in his tracks by a slender hand obscuring the top sheet.

"I'm so bored, Wesker! I've finished all my paperwork," she continued, tilting her head towards her own workstation, in which every single piece of paper was neatly sorted and placed inside of the 'outgoing' tray.

"Fantastic. I couldn't be happier for you," Wesker growled. "Now get your hand off my desk before I decide to staple it."

She chuckled in response, which was still a rarity for the imposing scientist; had he said that to any other subordinate, then they would have instantly fled, cradling their limb in order to protect it from the infamously sociopathic head researcher always cloaked in a shroud of black. Unfortunately, Miss Donnelly appeared to have called his bluff long ago. "And what would you do with my hand, then, Dr. Wesker?" She purred, looking at the impassive blond from under her eyelashes.
Her superior arched an eyebrow and methodically lowered his glasses, staring her directly in the eye whilst gently grabbing hold of her hand and moving it away from his neatly organised forms. "Probably all this paperwork, since you seem to go through it so quickly."

She let out an exasperated sigh. "Answer my question and I'll do them for you."

His pen – black ink, of course – halted in midair above the troublesome red tape and moved to land on the desk. "Answer me something first: why do you like the colour red so much, Miss Donnelly?"

She shrugged nonchalantly. "My hair is red."

Wesker waited for a follow-up that never came. "… that's it? I never had you pegged as the airhead type, Miss Donnelly. I at least expected some degree of the artistic license you love so much."

Caitlin smirked. "Does it have to be that complex? I could recite some Sylvia Plath if you like – apparently she saw herself as having two 'colours' to her personality: red and blue. The red side was..."

"Okay! Okay!" Wesker waved his hands frantically. "Please... no poetry. I imagine the red represented her tempestuous side and the blue represented her quiet, thoughtful side?"

She smiled at the magnitude of her lover's reaction. "Pretty much. It's a nice metaphor, if nothing else. I like to think of myself as pretty 'red'."

The blond let out an amused snort. "Yes, I believe I recall reading Sylvia Plath's poetry regarding the wild and passionate fashion in which she filled in lab reports." He leaned in as though divulging a great secret to the monumentally unamused Irish scientist. "They say she committed suicide because her paperwork wasn't challenging enough for her and she longed for a bureaucracy which would allow her to truly cut loose and sign on the dotted lines with all the fervour her troubled soul demanded."

Two hands instantly appeared at the side of Wesker's paperwork and brought it airborne. "I swear to God, I will shuffle these papers, Albert. I'll shuffle them so much, you'll need fifty secretaries to get them back in order again – and I don't mean the bimbos Spencer hires to sit around and look pretty. I mean real secretaries, with some knowledge of administration in their heads."

Wesker raised his arms disarmingly. "Now, now, think about your blue side, Miss Donnelly. This isn't who you are."

She chuckled and tossed the papers back onto the desk. "You're such a dork, Wesker."

He said nothing as he crossed his legs and swivelled slightly in his chair, fingers steepled and a growing smirk crossing his lips.

She continued, "So, are you going to answer my question or not? Why do you like black so much?"

The tall male hummed slightly in concentration as he thought of how to formulate his answer, sweeping a hand through his immaculate hair. "It's intimidating, and I like to look intimidating, Miss Donnelly. You know that."

Caitlin cocked her head to the side and leaned forward until they were almost nose to nose, "You're not doing a very good job, then, are you, Albert?"

He sighed, swept a gesturing hand around him and looked away. "The exception proves the rule. Notice how every other person in the lab has given me my space and wouldn't dare approach me whilst I'm working on something that is due in today for any reason other than a very important one. Even Birkin knows not to bother me when I'm doing paperwork. In fact..."

He was cut off by a staple bouncing off his chest.

"Don't waste my staples, Miss Donnelly. I may need to make use of them."

The redhead froze and tried to hide the stapler behind her back as she retreated a few yards, "What do I get if I hit one of the lenses on your glasses?"

"A mercifully quick death."

"Huh, that's a terrible prize. Never work in the game show industry, Wesker."

"Noted. Now stop wasting my staples and finish my paperwork for me, like we agreed."

Another staple hit the base of his chin. "That's really why you like black? Because it makes you look intimidating? You're six foot three! You could probably look intimidating without wearing black all the time."

"Well..." he leaned forwards once more, stopping only to jerk his head nonchalantly to the side in order to stop another tiny metal projectile from hitting his perfect face, "if it is that important to you, then I'll explain my real reason behind my fondness for the colour. On one condition."

"Oh? And what's that?"

He motioned with a finger for Caitlin to come closer, and she tentatively moved forward a few inches. It was all Wesker needed to snatch the stapler out of her unsuspecting hands and stash it in his top drawer, in a single swift movement. "That's the condition."

"You suck."

"Noted. Now, Miss Donnelly, the real reason I love black is because it has a level of complexity that belies its seemingly modest nature as a 'lack of colour'. Just as there can be no light without shadow, there can be no appreciation for the world's most vibrant and stunning colours without black to provide some degree of contrast." He spread his arms. "The reason I love it is because only the most attentive and intelligent can truly appreciate it."

He straightened the collar of his polo jumper, brushing away an errant staple which had lodged itself there. "Besides, it suits me."

Caitlin blinked numbly. "You could have said that from the start."

"Would you have accepted that answer on its own, or would you have not believed it and continued to use stationery for target practice?"

The redhead stroked her chin thoughtfully. "The second one is the one that involves firing staples at you, right?" She laughed at the rolling of the eyes that she could sense even beneath Wesker's mirrored frames. "Thanks for answering my question, and thanks for relieving my boredom for a bit."

A gentle kiss was placed on her lover's cheek as she strode off. A staple rebounded off the back of her head and she spun round to find a black-clad male clutching a series of papers, which were hastily pressed into her open palms. "I believe you forgot these, Miss Donnelly."

He allowed himself yet another tiny smirk as she groaned, dragging her feet as she trudged back to her desk.

As she sat down to begin working, a tiny piece of metal hit the top page. She turned once more to find Albert Wesker, sitting stone-faced at his desk as he slowly raised his right hand to reveal a blue plastic stapler, and then his left to reveal another of red metal.

When the various members of Umbrella's most prestigious and secretive project returned to their workplaces, they were never able to explain why there were so many staples scattered around the office space, or why their terrifying head researcher was nowhere to be found.

Present Day

No expression crossed Wesker's face as he replied, "I suppose it's because it suits me, Miss Rainbow."

PreviousChapters Next