• Published 11th Mar 2012
  • 19,692 Views, 1,619 Comments

My Little Wesker - Iamdanny0



After Wesker is defeated, he finds himself in a strange land. A strange land known as Equestria.

  • ...
49
 1,619
 19,692

PreviousChapters Next
Albert Wesker and the Aftermath

Albert Wesker and the Aftermath

Author's Note: So yeah... I'm still here guys and you all have my thanks for your extraordinary patience. Had a lot of stuff to contend with recently (Essays, assignments, presentations, dissertation, applications for post-grad courses, finally joining a gym, finding out that my headaches were being caused by astigmatism etc. etc. etc.) Am back in business now and should hopefully be updating this story on a fairly regular basis. For those wondering whether or not I was suffering from writer's block, I can assure you I wasn't, I just couldn't find the time to continue on with the story. Now that I have a few spare moments to myself (though not many mind you!) I will be carrying on where I left off, with Wesker on Fluttershy's sofa recovering from a slight tinge of... erm... hypothermia (No worries, right?) Spelling and grammar checked by Jasontaylorblogs and given the final once-over and beta'ing by Jack Kellar. I love them both

Cold. Then unbearably hot, then cold again.

Wesker's left eye stayed resolutely shut as he attempted to tune out his body's incessant temperature switching. A near-death experience and painful memories were bad enough, but he had never considered just how horrid the ramifications of his little dash in the rain would be.

Dash... Rainbow Dash! That useless, braying pack mule had almost condemned him to an ignoble and moronic death, one which was even more idiotic than the two he had previously experienced.

Both of which you surely were not to blame for in any way, shape or form, were you, Albert?

He had been forced to make a sprint towards cover, and he just happened to choose the wrong (or right, depending on how one viewed his current predicament; at least he was still alive, which counted for the latter adjective) direction. What was he supposed to have done?

Not sure, Al, but I'm guessing it shouldn't have involved running into every wooden structure within a mile from yourself.

He wasn't to blame for bad luck, and he certainly wasn't to blame for the entire situation. When he found the dullard pegasus responsible for his bout of illness, he was going to tear out her...

"Can't you just fetch me when he wakes up, Fluttershy? I've been here for hours…" There was a snort. "… and I know he won't want to see me again!"

He recognised that voice... It was almost too much to wish for...

"I think he'll be well enough now, Rainbow. I know he was a little... angry when he last saw you, but he was delirious. I know he'll forgive you now that he's on the mend."

The first voice scoffed derisively. "Are we talking about the same pony here? I'm pretty sure he'll just try to strangle me again."

"Again?"

He heard two simultaneous squeaks of surprise and blearily allowed Fluttershy's cottage to swim confusingly back into focus. As expected, standing before him were his saviour, Fluttershy, and his... not-so saviour, Rainbow Dash.

It was at this point that Wesker noted just how tightly tucked in he was to his blanket fort upon Fluttershy's sofa.

"Uh..." Rainbow began to speak sheepishly, stretching her forelegs in an unconvincingly casual style, "hey, Al. Nice to see you again. How are you?"

He scowled, now acutely aware of the absence of his precious eyewear and an ever increasing urge to kill. "Fantastic. I hear hypothermia does wonders for the figure. I daresay I shall soon be the belle of the ball."

There was an awkward pause, and Rainbow opened her mouth to form a no-doubt stupendously stupid reply, which Wesker was quick to halt in its tracks. "That was sarcasm. I had hypothermia, and in case you do not realize the aftermath of that, I shall tell you: I have been – and am – bad. Very bad, in fact. And had your incompetence and negligence resulted in my death, then you can be sure that I would have clawed my way out of whatever dank pit the afterlife threw me into in order to enact my revenge upon you and everything you have ever held dear in your cognizant existence."

Another awkward pause unsurprisingly followed this stark declaration, with it being Fluttershy who broke it. "Erm... Well, that's... nice, Albert. Do you remember anything from the past week? You've been very ill, which isn't really anypony's fault." She uncharacteristically cut across Wesker's attempt to refute this statement by saying, "NOT ANYPONY'S FAULT," with unnerving intensity, and the former STARS captain's acidic words died in his throat. The timid pegasus carried on, "I think you were delirious the whole time, Albert; you were acting very strangely."

The stallion frowned once more. "I've been here an entire week?" He cast a glare at Rainbow Dash, who just so happened to be looking at every minute facet of her friend's cottage aside from its furious guest. "I thought I had only been here one night, Miss Fluttershy."

Fluttershy scuffed a nervous hoof along the floor. "Your condition got worse, and when I went to see Nurse Redheart the next day, she said it was best to keep you in one place and not risk moving you all the way to the hospital." She gave a small, supposedly reassuring smile to the prone earth pony. "I said I would nurse you to health... and I think I have. You seem perfectly lucid now." She cast a nervous side glance towards Rainbow Dash. "Maybe even a little too lucid."

Wesker went to rub a frustrated hoof along his perspiring forehead but found that the blankets of his sofa/bed were tucked so tightly around him that space for movementation was so scarce, he practically could not move. He glanced up at the yellow Pegasus. "My thanks, Miss Fluttershy. May I move now?" After a short pause featuring a gaze of innocent confusion from the gentle pegasus, he continued, "Why are these covers so tight?"

"Erm..." There was another sideways glance at Rainbow Dash. "I actually brought Rainbow here a couple of days ago so she could apologise… but I think I underestimated just how much the hypothermia had affected you."

Wesker cocked his head to the side as he struggled to gain a little space within his impromptu straightjacket. "What happened?"

An awkward cough from Rainbow Dash brought the blond's attention towards her. "Well, Al, you... kinda tried to choke me to death when you saw me."

The amused smirk that appeared on the face of the male was immediately met with a glower from both present pegasi, and Fluttershy remarked sternly at her weeklong patient, "It wasn't funny, Albert! You might have done some serious damage to her!" The minute reprimand assumed a slightly less chastising tone as she relaxed her expression a smidge. "I know you weren't entirely aware of what you were doing, but I think it would be for the best if you apologised to Rainbow Dash for trying to hurt her."

Wesker's deadpan expression was truly one for the ages. "… are you serious, Miss Fluttershy?"

Summoning up all of her admittedly-scant authority, the meek mare nodded resolutely. "Yes. She only came to apologise herself."

The blond stallion almost immediately started to state a long list of reasons why choking Rainbow Dash was, at the very least, justified, and could even be considered a medal-worthy action. However, he found himself caught in an incredibly sad, pleading pair of sky-blue eyes. "If you won't do it for her, then could you at least do it for me?" the owner of the aforementioned irises whispered.

In the end, Wesker found out that he was, inexplicably, sighing and turning towards the blue bane of his Equestrian existence. "I apologise for trying to meet attempted murder with attempted murder, Miss Dash. That was wrong of me, even if I was in the throes of a perception-altering illness, and you had absolutely no excuse for your actions."

Fluttershy frowned at the blond and let out a small, but meaningful, cough. Confused, he remarked, "What?" He groaned as the pink-maned pegasus continued to glare at him, "Fine fine fine!" After a short pause, he huffed, "I apologise for any act of violence I may have committed unto you, my dear Rainbow Dash. I pray most deeply and earnestly that you can forgive me, as the knowledge that I may have unwittingly harmed you is burning me up inside."

"Flutters!" Rainbow glanced painstakingly at her friend. "He's doing that thing again where he uses big words and he doesn't mean any of them!"

Fluttershy shook her head. "We'll have to accept that, Rainbow; I think a sarcastic apology is the best we can hope for from Albert." She nudged her rambunctious friend closer to the cage of cloth imprisoning the stallion. "Your turn now."

Rainbow's ears flattened against the side of her head, a curious sight that the trapped pony did not overlook. "I, uh... I'm sorry that I left you on your own and that you caught hypothermia and I'm really sorry about those things," she said, the entire run-on sentence being spoken in one breath.

Wesker struggled in his cocoon as he attempted to bring his hoof into contact with his forehead. Eventually, he gave up on the attempt and reluctantly spoke, "I forgive you."

As she glanced, both hopefully and disbelievingly, at her antithesis, the pegasus' demeanour brightened instantly. "Really?"

"No." Wesker thrashed some more. "And if you were standing closer to me, then I would try my absolute best to headbutt your teeth in." At another demonstration of the unfathomably terrifying stare of Fluttershy, he relented, "All right! I forgive you, Miss Rainbow, and now that it's established that I am feeling better and that I am not going to attempt to snuff out your life, can you two please release me from this infernal chrysalis?!"

Fluttershy giggled, "Of course, Albert. It seems you're much better now, so I think you should be able to move around."
She slowly stepped forward and tugged forcefully at the corner of the blankets, causing them to unravel with whip-like rapidity. Finding himself free, Wesker wobbled unevenly upright, gingerly testing his hooves on the floor of the cottage. His muscles felt absolutely shredded and the sudden chill of no longer being covered felt almost arctic to his vulnerable form. "Is it possible that you could provide me with a portable blanket fort, Miss Fluttershy?" he pleaded, not entirely in a mocking manner.

Fluttershy smiled in response. "I'm afraid not, Albert," she said, moving towards the back of the sofa. "Rarity made you this scarf, though. That should be enough, right?"

It was a fine garment, in fairness, and somehow Miss Rarity had known that black was both his favourite colour and one which suited him fantastically well.

"It's a lovely gift." Wesker flung the article over his shoulder. "I shall go to Miss Rarity's boutique post haste in order to thank her." He nodded fondly in Fluttershy's direction. "I owe you my life, Miss Fluttershy, and I won't forget it…" The blond then turned from the now-blushing pink-maned pegasus toward the other occupant of the room. "… while to you, I owe a creative demise, Miss Rainbow. I won't forget that either." He strode to the door, his shaky legs somewhat undermining the figure of strength and authority he intended to project. "Good day to you both."

Stepping out into the fresh air and the sunshine, Wesker let out a deep breath and savoured the warm embrace of the sun before setting off towards Ponyville's town centre, trying to ignore just how much of his time within Equestria had been spent either unconscious or otherwise incapacitated in some way.

Unfortunately, his peaceful trip was halted before it even began by Rainbow Dash darting out of the cottage just behind him. "Wait up, Al!" The athlete halted her flight, setting down to move with her legs as soon as she was close enough to talk at a conversational volume. "I wanna walk into Ponyville with you."

Wesker cocked an eyebrow. "You don't think it may be hazardous to your health?"

"I know you were just kidding around about that," she laughed. "You wouldn't actually try and hurt me, right, Al?"

There was a pause as the biologist resumed his walk without responding and the cerulean pegasus took back to the air after him, following overhead. "Right?"

Still no response.

"R-right?"

It was probably best for the both of them that he didn't answer that particular enquiry.

PreviousChapters Next