• Published 11th Mar 2012
  • 19,673 Views, 1,619 Comments

My Little Wesker - Iamdanny0



After Wesker is defeated, he finds himself in a strange land. A strange land known as Equestria.

  • ...
49
 1,619
 19,673

PreviousChapters Next
Albert Wesker and the Long Walk Home

Albert Wesker and the Long Walk Home

Author's Note: Just finished reading 'Background Pony'. Jesus, the feels. More feels than you can possibly imagine; I'm writing this chapter solely for the purpose of bringing joy and levity into the world after the emotional shitstorm I just went through. Enjoy you lovely people, feel free to say nice things to me, I will say nice things in return and the world will be a better place for it. Little bit hectic this chapter… Beta'd by Jack Kellar

Fantastic. He was lost on the outskirts of Ponyville, standing pointlessly in the pitch-black…

And cursing Rainbow Dash, Al.

Yes, and cursing Rainbow Dash. That was the most important aspect of his current situation.

Wesker made a mental note to wound Miss Dash the next time he saw her. Ponies apparently frowned upon murder, but he was sure that the populace in general would allow him one free strike upon the cerulean pegasus. And if not… then he was willing to accept the retribution of the law in return for his well-earned moment of revenge.

For now, however, it looked as though he would have to venture forth and bravely find his way back to Applejack's abode, and by that he meant he would have to pick a random direction and walk blindly until he walked into something he recognised. As he had been too busy glaring at Rainbow Dash whilst she dragged him along to note what direction they were travelling in and what landmarks they had passed, his photographic memory was of no use in this scenario.

To shorten a long story, he was very much lost and certainly not willing to spend the night within the abandoned house behind the goalposts.

He set off, walking unsteadily past the empty, rickety building, removing his sunglasses and placing them atop of his head as he did so. It certainly wouldn't be useful to wear shades in the pitch black.

Indeed. Did losing to Redfield and Alomar at last teach you that, Albert?

It still rankled with Wesker that the pair had managed to outfox him simply by turning floodlights off… It just seemed so colossally stupid. In fact, a large proportion of the last two or three years seemed rather stupid, too, when he really thought about them.

The blond let out an irritated snort at himself; he had more important matters to attend to, like finding his way back to his sofa/bed before the sun came. Looking around confusedly at the pitch black around him, he picked a direction and continued walking. This was hardly his ideal choice of activity; he preferred walks where he was capable of viewing the scenery, and preferably his own limbs in front of his face.

Huffing angrily, Wesker ran a frustrated hoof through his mane and halted entirely. This was unbearable!

Hey, relax, Al. Cool under pressure, calm and collected. Et cetera et cetera.

Of course. He was in control of his emotions and he wasn't going to allow a little impromptu night time stroll to wreak havoc upon that. Focusing on the positives was a good start, and he began to slowly walk forwards as he contemplated them.

Firstly, Ponyville wasn't an enormous town, so he was in no danger of being more than three miles away from his intended destination. Secondly, he had walked around most of the town already, so the chance of reaching a location that was entirely unfamiliar to him was small at worst. Thirdly, his eidetic memory meant that he would know precisely where he was once he located a familiar landmark. Fourthly…

You're about to walk into a tree, Albert.

Yes, and fourthly, he was about to…

Wait, what?

WHAM!

Wesker recoiled from the impact his skull made with the bark of the tree that had decided to make his day that tiny little bit worse. Landing flat on his rear, he rubbed his head with shaking hooves, somehow resisting the urge to swear as loud as he possibly could as he did so. Rainbow Dash was going to suffer for this indignity, he was damn sure of that.

Go back to the positives Al. Leave the wrathful Wesker for later.

Fine. At least he knew he was on the edge of the Everfree Forest somewhere. Sweet Apple Acres was situated in close enough proximity to the forest that he would eventually find it if he followed it round.

Wesker slowly rose to his hooves and ambled forwards, resuming his line of thought: fourthly, it was a fine clear night, a little nippy, perhaps, but nowhere near as bad as it could have been.

As though summoned by his relentless attempts at optimism, a breeze began to rustle the air.

That's fine; I like a cool breeze on the skin. Makes you feel invigorated and alive.

The gentle air flow gradually increased in intensity until it was near gale intensity.

No problem… If I walk in the direction of the gale, then I'll arrive back at Applejack's twice as quickly.

Then the rain came. God, did the rain come…

Huh, who'd have thought that rain could actually go sideways? That's interesting, right, Al?

Wesker would have agreed, normally, but trying not to drown whilst standing up was his current priority. As the stinging droplets of water collided with his eyes and thunder overhead boomed into his ears, he sprinted blindly in a random direction. Any form of shelter would be welcomed by the now soaked through to the bone former S.T.A.R.S. captain.

It felt as though he ran forever, driving through sheet after sheet of vicious rain. Unfortunately, he couldn't really tell if any form of safe haven was forthcoming, as he couldn't see. Seeing was vital in knowing where the hell he was, and as he had previously mentioned he was running at full pace and HE COULDN'T SEE!!

WHAM!

Ah, of course. On his rear after running into a tree; he had missed this feeling. It certainly was improved by the seemingly never-ending flow of water entering every single one of his facial orifices it could reach.

However, something about the tree that Wesker had run into didn't seem quite right…

It's a door, Al. People and ponies use them to enter and exit their homes.

Ah, that would explain it then.

Even above the pounding of the rain and the pounding of his head as it tried to fathom why its owner was so keen on smashing it against wooden structures, Wesker could just about hear a very quiet voice emanating through the oak door. "Oh my, Angel. The weather team really needs to remember to stick to the rain schedule; they always forget a scheduled sprinkle and have to make a nasty storm like this one to make up for it. I hope no animals have been caught in it. I was so sure that I'd warned them all… but what if I didn't? I'd never forgive myself if some poor critters got washed away because of my thoughtlessness…"

Fluttershy's cottage, eh? Right now, Wesker didn't really care where he was – he sought nothing but warmth and a square yard of ground that wasn't subject to the whims of idiotic flying horses with access to clouds full of water. The whole pony-regimented weather system made so little sense to Wesker that he wanted to scream, but it was merely one more logical concession he'd made in order to stave off his inevitable breakdown.

With the sole shining beacon of safety in his mind, he banged several times on the sturdy doorframe.

"Oh my goodness! What was that?" It wasn't so much speech as it was a collection of terrified noises. "Did a tree fall and hit my door? Should I check it out now? Should I wait until morning? What if it isn't a tree, what if…"

Wesker saved the shy pegasus any further anxiety by suddenly shouting through the keyhole.

"Miss Fluttershy! It's not a tree, it's a sodden pony! Please let me in!"

Err… probably didn't save her a great deal of anxiety by doing that, Al…

A gasp met his exclamation, but not the instant unlocking of a particular door, he noticed. "Al… Albert? What are doing running around at this time? And in this weather? Oh my, let me open the door for you."

That's more like it.

Wesker couldn't help but gasp with relief as he stumbled soggily forwards and the threshold to the cozy, toasty cottage was breached by his physical embodiment. "My thanks, Miss Fluttershy… it's… rather damp outside."

He heard a quiet gasp from Fluttershy. "Your lips are blue, Albert!" The yellow mare quickly ran to her sofa and retrieved a blanket which was located atop the cream-coloured cushions and draped it around the shivering stallion. "Lie down on the couch and I'll go get some towels." She turned to her rabbit companion and spoke with more authority than Wesker had ever seen her muster, "Make sure Albert doesn't fall unconscious, Angel. We need to dry him out and warm him up, but not too fast or he'll suffer a thermal shock."

The snow white bunny gave a small salute and pushed on his left hind leg until he slowly began to walk forwards. He guided the freezing-cold pony over to the comfortable seat; eventually, the former scientist slumped onto the settee and stared blearily at his animal companion. "I suppose you're ecstatic to see me here."

Only then did Wesker notice just how slurred and tremulous his speech had become, but he shook off the shock of realising just how much trouble he was in from a medical standpoint by focusing on Angel's reaction. The rabbit tapped a foot impatiently and pointed to Wesker's eyes before opening his palms out wide to face directly in front of his own eyes and curling the digits inwards rapidly. Then, he mimed snarling and used his paws to mimic sharp teeth before pointing back towards Wesker.

Despite himself, Wesker did not snort or smirk, neither did he mock or threaten. Instead, he merely nodded. "You think I'm a monster."

The bunny nodded once more and pointed up the stairs, to where Fluttershy was presumably searching for towels, before slamming his clenched right paw into his open left one and pantomiming 'I'm watching you' once more.

Wesker tilted his head to the side slightly. "You're right, in a way. I am a monster…" The slurring of his speech increased as exhaustion rolled over him in waves. "… but not in the manner you may be thinking."

Now it was Angel's turn to cock his head to the side, which he did curiously, still examining the former scientist suspiciously.

"You're far more intelligent than I gave you credit for. I apologise for being confrontational when we met previously." A dreamlike haze had descended over Wesker. It didn't even feel as though the conversation he was having was real, but he ploughed on regardless. "Trust me when I tell you that I mean no harm to Fluttershy or her friends.

"I'm just…" He searched for a word just as he heard the clomping of hooves upon the staircase, "… Different. I imagine that you can sympathise with that?"

Angel Bunny nodded once more and gave Wesker a small, but – as far as his addled perception indicated – meaningful salute. The former turned to await the arrival of his owner at the foot of the stairs, and said pegasus arrived sporting several towels which she instantly put to use drying the stallion.

Heh, they're warm. That's nice.

It was nice indeed, and he felt the need to thank Fluttershy for her hospitality, "Thank you for your hospitality, Miss Fluttershy, your home is lovely and your towels are very warm."

The yellow mare let out a slightly strained giggle, "Only you could be so charming when you're suffering from hypothermia, Albert."

He frowned. "Hypothermia, are you su…"

He was cut off by a thermometer being thrust into his mouth by a certain snow white rabbit, who then proceeded to examine the level at which the fluid within halted. He tapped Fluttershy on the shoulder, drawing her attention to it. "Oh my! Thirty degrees… that's far lower than it should be!"

Wesker shifted slightly with his eyes shut in his cocoon of warm towels as Angel was sent to retrieve a hot water bottle. "Well, you know what they say, Miss Fluttershy: low core body temperature, warm heart."

This time, the shy, pink-maned pony let out an anxious squeak. "How can you be making jokes at a time like this, Albert?"

One blue eye blearily cracked open. "Dear heart… I put total faith in your expert care." A shrug followed those words. "And should I die..." he muttered as he settled down once more in his makeshift bed after a shivering fit, "… perhaps I'll end up in a world where things make more sense."

He couldn't see it, but a sudden fierceness sprouted on Fluttershy's features. "No one is dying on my watch!" Her head snapped to the left. "Angel, hot water bottle, stat!"

Said item was practically teleported into the pegasus' waiting hooves, being placed snugly against Wesker's side. The caring mare then lit the fireplace and slowly dragged a piece of pre-chopped wood into its flickering depths. "There, now you should be toasty warm, and I'll be here to make certain of that." She sat on the sofa next to Wesker, pressed up against him with the intent of sharing her body's warmth, whilst Angel took up vigil on the other side of the comfy furniture.

Wesker weakly turned to her, still lost in the befuddlement from the cold sending his neurons haywire. "What did I do to deserve a guardian angel, Miss Fluttershy?"

Fluttershy smiled. Now that the situation was under control, her stern attitude vanished not unlike smoke in the wind. "Oh, you're my friend, Albert. Even if you weren't, I could never allow you to stay like that."

Wesker frowned in response and floundered for the correct phrasing. When the words finally came, they were in a voice as small as the one the mare he was talking to used so often. "What if I deserved it?"

"Why on earth would you even think that Albert?" Instead of reeling backwards from the voiced thought, as Wesker expected her to, Fluttershy edged closer. "You would never deserve something like this."

In his mind, the former human saw only the tiniest snippet of his worst memory. He spoke once more to try and combat the guilt, "And how do you know that, dear heart? How do you know I haven't killed and maimed and tortured and cast the weak of the world aside for my own personal gain?"

"Even if you did, Albert…" The room swam again and Wesker had to strain to catch the pegasus' tiny voice. She paused weightily and all the exhausted stallion could see was the vivid blue of her eyes. The Element of Kindness… it seemed so novel. "Even if you did, that's not who you are now. Everyone deserves a chance at redemption, even if they feel they don't need or are worthy of one."

Wesker let out a weak chuckle as the darkness began to close in around the periphery of his vision, "That was so sweet I fear you may have to add diabetes to my list of conditions."

Fluttershy responded with a relaxed titter as she shifted gently against the former S.T.A.R.S. captain's side, trying to bestow as much heat as possible into his body. "Trust me, Albert, once you've been in Ponyville long enough, you'll be just as in touch with your soft side as the rest of us."

Wesker smiled faintly as he slowly slipped into unconsciousness. The last words he remembered speaking were "Heaven forbid."

PreviousChapters Next