• Published 11th Mar 2012
  • 19,694 Views, 1,619 Comments

My Little Wesker - Iamdanny0



After Wesker is defeated, he finds himself in a strange land. A strange land known as Equestria.

  • ...
49
 1,619
 19,694

PreviousChapters Next
Albert Wesker and the Rebirth

Albert Wesker and the Rebirth

Author’s Note: Update frenzy!!! Dream/ Flashback sequence is based on the REmake for GameCube. I recommend it. Also based upon the ‘Rebirth’ mission of Umbrella Chronicles, I know UC has a Wesker death scene but I prefer the REmake one so I just cobbled them together, Got a lot more spare time now that uni has finished... enjoy. As always, I love you for your feedback, thank you so much. :D

Dark smiled politely as Wesker took some time to digest the scene that lay before him; he chose to ignore her for the moment due to her little stunt earlier. He was in the laboratories of the Arklay mansion and was viewing the moments prior to his first death. Glancing at himself, the blond noticed that he was wearing the same STARS uniform as his doppelganger and examined it closely, feeling a wave of extremely uncharacteristic nostalgia whilst doing so.

Finally, he deemed Dark worthy of his attention, “Hello dear heart, I can see why you brought me here.” His words were matter-of-fact but both his tone and body language were cold, alerting Dark to a detail she had already assumed before he even spoke and she sought instantly to rectify the situation.

“I apologise for my earlier intrusion.”

Wesker scoffed and swiftly ran a hand through his hair in an attempt to cool his belligerence, “The word intrusion implies that your forcible entry into my mind was a minor transgression.” He summoned all his seemingly infinite willpower to keep his cool, “I will not be made a fool of, Miss Dark. Do not dare attempt to undermine our agreement or you will regret it; you said you wished to learn of me... you are learning now: I am not some puppet to be manipulated and controlled, if you assume that I am then clearly you have made a heinous mistake in attempting to gain my trust.”

“I understand Albert Wesker but you must also understand that I have a history of betrayal behind me. Call me paranoid or irrational but I cannot allow another to use me for their own means.”

He cocked his head to the side in mild contemplation, “I do not wish to be your enemy, dear heart. The things you have said and the way you conduct yourself suggests to me that we could be stalwart allies. I will overlook your indiscretion this once, ensure it does not repeat itself or we shall fall out.”

She bowed her head lightly, “Of course Albert Wesker.” Dark’s eyes darted to the rapidly typing form of Wesker’s past self before returning to the man himself, seeking some form of clarification.

Wesker let out a protracted sigh and offered his smoky acquaintance a light smirk, “What exactly would you like to know?”

“Everything.”

“Wouldn’t we all, dear heart? Can you narrow it down?”

She let out a tinkling laugh before reassessing her question, “How will this memory be important?”

Before he could even answer, the door swung open, revealing a far younger Chris Redfield wearing an incredibly familiar expression of fierce determination, blood spattered upon his midriff. Unfortunately, it was from the unnatural BOWs he had encountered within the depths of the mansion, as opposed to his own. The first word he spoke was also expected,

“Wesker!”

The real Wesker indicated lazily towards his former subordinate, looking in Dark’s direction as he did so. “That is Chris Redfield.”

Once more, the blond was treated to the bizarre experience of witnessing his own memories playing out in front of him as ‘he’ replied, “So you’ve come... Chris you make me proud but then, you are one of my men.” Dream Wesker continued typing, not paying attention to the green-clad STARS sharpshooter.

This inattention clearly caused Redfield to become complacent as he replied sarcastically with his gun still holstered, “Thanks.”

With deftness, speed and precision, Wesker instantly turned and struck Chris with the back of his hand before following up the blow with two kicks in quick succession to the midriff and face of the brunette which resulted in Redfield falling to the floor, an opportunity Wesker rapidly seized upon by pointing his gun at his fallen comrade’s face.

Outrage crossed the surprised features of Chris’ face. “Since when, Wesker?”

The STARS captain remained implacable, only arching an eyebrow as he replied, “I’m afraid I don’t know you’re talking about.”

Rage flared up within Chris, “Since when have they been slipping you a pay check?”

Dark turned to Wesker in bemusement but the real entity merely shook his head, raised a finger to his lips and indicated for her to continue watching. There was a momentary pause and a small smirk appeared on the blond’s face as he made a realisation and a glass of white wine appeared in his hand, causing Dark to laugh out loud.

His clone dismissed Chris’ accusation, “I think you’re a bit confused.” His face was an unreadable mask, “I’ve always been with Umbrella, STARS were Umbrella’s...” He paused, a small, conceited smile crossing his lips, “No, rather my little piggies.” Chris gasped as Wesker explained his plans. An angry attempt to seize the gun pointed at him was easily thwarted by the scientist as he finally came to the crux of his dialogue, “Time for show and tell.”

Despite the outwardly calm facade his double appeared to maintain, Wesker remembered that his entire being had vibrated with tension at this point; though he was almost certain his plan would be a total success, there was always the chance that he would not awake from the planned self-sacrifice and that possibility had definitely been present in his mind at the time. He ordered Chris to stand up before pressing the final button which would ensure the release of the Tyrant. Bubbles issued within enormous test tube which contained the monstrous creation as the fluid slowly drained from the glass case.

“The ultimate life form: Tyrant.” Wesker heard himself speak those words and smirked at his own naivety. He supposed that he never could have known that he himself would become the true ‘ultimate life form’ after his resurrection.

A mocking laugh issued from an incredulous Chris, instantly wiping the smile off Wesker’s face, “Wesker... You’ve become senile!”

The thought that arose in his mind was almost identical to the words that his doppelganger articulated as the latter stood before the tyrant’s cage, “Chris, you’ll never understand.” The real Wesker took a deep breath in preparation for what he was about to see as Dark looked utterly lost in the scenario. “It’s magnificent.” Dark smirked and mouthed the words ‘drama queen’ at the tall STARS captain causing his mouth to twist in suppressed humour. In the blink of an eye, the Tyrant lunged outwards, smashing through the glass and impaling the blond upon its sharp, twisted claw before effortlessly tossing him aside. The memory warped and interweaved before dissolving entirely and leaving the pair in total blackness.
Wesker turned to his smoky companion, inexplicably seeing her outline despite the pitch darkness of both her and the surrounding scenery, “What exactly just happened, Miss Dark?”

She, however, remained totally shocked at what she had just witnessed, “You died?”

He rolled his eyes at her incredulity, “Yes, twice, I was something of a trendsetter. Now explain what has just happened.”

Now it was Dark’s turn to be dismissive, “Do you usually remember what happens during your periods of death?”

Wesker felt somewhat sheepish, “Ah, I see. Then we must merely wait for my awakening.” At her curious look he elaborated, “A virus provided by my friend, William Birkin. I had assumed at the time that it was his expertise that had created it.” A dark shadow crossed his face as the scenery slowly began to lighten and reassume its previous form, “I was wrong.” He glowered at her curious look, “I will not elaborate further.” She smiled cockily but indicated for him to continue, “This death was a necessary component of the big picture. I assumed I would wake up with Chris dead, the combat data of the Tyrant present and superhuman abilities aiding me in the selling of that data to one of Umbrella’s profitable rivals.” At her inquisitive glance, he expanded once more, “Umbrella was a sinking ship, being driven aground by foolish business practices and madmen posing as creators. I had found a way to transcend their ilk in every manner possible.”

Dark watched as the background finally reformed and a blood-soaked Wesker dragged himself from the laboratory floor as warning alarms blared from every possible angle. His quick mind instantly calculated that his plan had failed and he whipped his glasses off in repressed anger before hurrying to a nearby computer and attempting to retrieve the total combat data gleaned from the night and make the best of a terrible situation. The Red Queen made herself known and she informed him of his revoked access; this unwanted revelation caused Wesker to smash easily through the glass screen mere moments before his eyes reformed themselves into their demonic status and he uttered an ominous threat, “You will regret this, my lady. That I promise.” Once the pledge had been made, he sought to make his escape, using the opportunity to “take the virus for a test drive” as he put it. Wesker easily dispatched a wave of enemies that breached the lab door, remarking upon the increased speed and reflexes his new body allowed him. The escape retained a steady pattern of dispatching foes and Dark used the opportunity to tear her eyes away from the action and focus her attention upon her potential ally.

“What was crossing your mind at this point?”

Wesker remained stony faced as he gently sipped his summoned wine, “Survival. Nothing more, nothing less; I was impressed by the incredible power I possessed but it was merely a tool... a way in which to gain what I wanted, and what I wanted was to live to gain my revenge.”

Their conversation was briefly interrupted by their entrance into an elevator after the Wesker of the past. Dark piped up once more, “You were that logical and calculating about your own death?”

Wesker shrugged, “It was part of a larger plan, a necessary and exceedingly important part but a mere component of a much larger entity nonetheless.”

She shook her head disbelievingly, “You are a remarkable man, Albert Wesker.”

He smirked, “Congratulations dear heart, it usually takes people far longer to realise that.” The elevator arrived on the higher floors and all three present removed themselves from its presence. Almost instantaneously, Wesker was confronted with two foes within the memory; he unleashed a bullet directly into the skull of one chimera, ending its pathetic life in a heartbeat before hitting another with an immensely strong kick, sending it flying backwards and resulting in the beast breathing its last.

His clone laughed and then spoke as he basked in the glory of his own ability, “What amazing power!” Crimson head zombies were dispatched with similar ease as he made his way further through the creature-infested mansion which had previously been his workplace for over a decade. A series of hunters and chimeras foolishly thought him to be easy prey and rapidly found out that the opposite was in fact true. More zombies who vaguely resembled former work collegues met a similarly brutal end at his hands, he was power incarnate and the feeling was indescribable. A fact he could not, and did not wish to, verbalise to Dark. Luckily he was saved from having to break the silence by his dream self speaking aloud, “Chris... Jill... I do hope you survive long enough for us to have our tear-filled reunion.” He laughed as he slaughtered his way through the creatures he had helped create, causing Dark to examine the real Wesker with an eyebrow held aloft. The blond turned to face her with an arrogant smile upon his face and she waved a hand dismissively and continued watching the massacre.

At that moment, there was a clanking of chains and the scraping of wood upon the floor. A creature as hideous as any Dark had ever witnessed materialised from around the corner, moaning and shrieking as it advanced menacingly towards Wesker. The real entity saw the question within Dark’s eyes but chose to ignore it. “I will explain Lisa Trevor on another day, let us just say that I don’t get along well with children and leave it at that.”

His duplicate punctuated the shocked silence that followed with a surprised declaration, “You?? I thought we’d disposed of you!” He fired a sequence of bullets at the thing’s head and torso before striking with unstoppable force at the monstrosity’s midriff. She sank to the ground and Wesker walked away slowly, “Nobody’s perfect... Not even you, Lisa.” He then travelled with astonishing rapidity as the countdown ticked ever close to the utter annihilation of both the mansion and the newly arisen Albert Wesker. This burst of speed allowed him to near the entrance hall with minutes remaining and he pontificated aloud upon his situation, “The hourglass is running low, better pick up the pace.” As he went to advance through a nearby door, Lisa Trevor herself blocked his path and he averted his course, leaving her behind with a simple “No time to play.” Dark stared on in morbid fascination at the lumbering thing that dogged Wesker’s every step and laughed noisily when the STARS captain spoke to himself once more, “She must like me.” As his duplicate travelled, dispatching multiple BOWs and avoiding the lethal grip of Lisa, he eventually found himself in the entrance hall itself. After a final, frenetic battle with the tentacle-clad atrocity, he was able to outmanoeuvre her with his newly gained superhuman abilities and trap her underneath a giant, glass chandelier, leaving her with some simple advice as he made good his escape, “Be a good girl and stay dead this time.”

He sprinted at an inhuman pace, Dark and Wesker himself keeping pace with the doppelganger before the scene faded away and the blond was left to summarise the situation to the smoky being. He decided to dramatise it as much as possible for his own amusement, “And so I was reborn like a phoenix emerging from the flame, I no longer needed Umbrella. A new horizon stretched out before me. I had risen beyond the human race and cheated death itself, leaving nothing to oppose me.” He smirked, “Any questions, dear heart? Have you learned anything important about me today?”

She returned his self-confident smile, “I have indeed, Albert Wesker. You are ruthless and utterly dedicated to the advancement of your own agenda; you were willing to give up your own life for the purpose of gaining power between the typical means of mortals and finally, you have an irrepressible flair for the dramatic... but I was already aware of that. I shall see you tomorrow night; I pray your next memory impresses me as much as this one.”

Wesker let out a bark of laughter, “I aim to please, Miss Dark.”

With that, the Arklay Mountains and forest disappeared and Wesker found himself upon the Apple family’s sofa again... a pony once more.

PreviousChapters Next