• Published 14th Oct 2011
  • 12,450 Views, 120 Comments

Healing Dash - TheGentlemanCreeper



The road to recovery often leads to many interesting places

  • ...
13
 120
 12,450

Epilogue

“Okay Dash, now carefully, I want you to go through a full range of motions with your wing. Stop if anything hurts and don’t push yourself.” you tell Dash.

When you told Dash that her wing was almost healed, she immediately wanted to celebrate with a nice, long fly around Ponyville, but you forbade her as her doctor. Instead, you were now at the hospital in the physical therapy room.

“Tell me again why I can’t fly yet?” she asks, slowly moving her wing up and down.

“I said ALMOST fully healed. It’s healed enough where the bandages can come off, but I’d rather not risk another injury. So I thought it would be best if we started physical therapy right away.”

Dash sighs and starts to move her wing with more before scrunching up her face.

“Something wrong?”

“I don’t know.” Dash says. “My wing still feels really stiff and weak.” Walking over to her, you look her over before shrugging.

“It’s probably muscle atrophy. You haven’t used it in a long time, so that’s no surprise. Don’t worry, it’ll go away in due time as long as you do the therapy.”

“Come on! Let me fly! I’m itching to actually use it!” Dash pleads as she extends her wings fully.

“Dash, I swear if you don’t listen to me, I’m going to tie you to the bed.”

“That’s okay. I like kinky.” Dash says with a suggestive smile.

Images of leather, riding crops, and bondage fill your mind, causing you to blush.

“Maybe we can see about Rarity making something special for us. I hear she’s into that sort of thing.” Dash says with a playful nudge.

You force yourself to focus on the task at hand and clear your throat. “Okay then. Let’s begin.”

Dash stops teasing you and nods. “What do I do?” she asks.

You’ve never done physical therapy with a Pegasus before, so nothing comes to mind immediately. Finally, you get an idea. “What were the basics you learned at Flight School?” you ask.

“Well, we’d take a few steps, hop, and then flap our wings once.”

“Let’s start with that then.” you say. Dash trots around the room, hoping into the air occasionally and flapping her wings to get momentary air.

“Can’t we go onto the more advanced stuff? This is boooring.” she says with a groan.

“Baby steps, Dash. Let’s just take this one day at a time.”

Dash sighs heavily. “Fine….”

And you did just that. Each day, Dash would complain about the exercises being stupid and boring, but she didn’t see the strides she was making each day.

By the end of the first week, Dash was already flying through the air with ease. Although, she couldn’t pull off her famous aerial acrobatics just yet, that changed within the next week.

“Ms. Rainbow Dash, it is with great pride that I can give you a clean bill of health.” you say beaming. Dash settles down in front of you as you finish your lunch, picking up the old routine where it left off. Dash stares at you for some time, which starts makes you uncomfortable. “Is there something wrong?” you ask

“Well... Since I can fly again, that probably means you want me out of your house...” she says sullenly. Her words strike you heart. You had been so used to having her with you, that the idea of her leaving made your stomach sink into your hooves.

“Well, I guess you could.” you say with a hint of sadness in your voice. Dash doesn’t say anything and you avoid eye contact. It isn’t until you hear sniffling that you actually look at her. She was doing everything she could to not breakdown right then and there. “I-I-I don’t want to... I want to stay.” Dash leaps forward and embraces you. “You’ve done so much for me. I probably would have given up right there at the beginning if it wasn’t for you. You were there for me every step of the way. I don’t want leave!”

You hug Dash back and look into her eyes. “Dash, you’ve made me the happiest I've ever been. You’d break my heart if you left, but I don’t want to force you to do anything.”

Dash kisses you softly on the lips and smiles. “Let’s go home.”

You and Dash got looks and whispers as you walked through Ponyville, but you two didn’t care. You were too happy to be held in Dash’s warm, soft wing.

When you finally make it home, you and Dash collapse on the bed and hold eachother.

“What did I do to deserve an awesome boyfriend like you?” Dash asks.

You kiss her tenderly and smile. “You crashed.”

Dash smiles as she punches you in the shoulder. “Shut up and go to sleep before YOU’RE the one in the hospital.”

You laugh and give Dash a quick kiss. “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

Comments ( 54 )

Well, If all of your stories are quite that sweet, I need to ensure I see my doctor to avoid any diabetes that may occur. Another riveting tale, I enjoyed this one quite thoroughly. I hope that you will continue to update in my evenings like this, for quite a long time. Now,to the meat of this review. In this story, I feel as if I had more of a connection to myself this time, the time frames helped establish a relationship in a quick manner. It was a cute, sweet story, one that I think I will come to expect from your works. Also, if I continue this way, I think I may start controlling the first reviews for your stories.

12698
Heh, thanks. I'll have The Candy Sutra up tonight, around the same time, staring :pinkiehappy:

I would have had this up sooner, but I felt like I needed to do a little editing. The Candy Sutra, however, is pretty much ready. I'd post it now, but I've got housework and typing I need to do. Glad you enjoyed the story, I've got a lot more in me. Ciao for now.

Excellent job, as usua- hold on a second, you're not Coffeebean!

Still, epic story. Je Suis approver

12714
Nope, not Coffeebean, but he's a buddy of mine. I believe he was there when he saw Love Triangles and Other Funny Shapes go up. We help each other with stories and we've been friends since. I'll have more stories up, I promise. I'm just writing one as we speak and I want to get it up on the SFG thread on Ponychan ASAP.

I usually avoid romantic fics like the plague, but I derped and didn't look at the tag. I'm glad that happened, this was nice.

One of the best romance fics ive read :D GJ Mr. Creeper XD idk

12884
1) Looked it up, Vegetarians can eat eggs.
2) Sorry about that. Been tired all day and working on a non-pony story as well.
3) Hmm... Might do something like that in the future. Although, if I did, it would probably turn into an self-insert sort of thing and we all know how those go. >.>

#8 · Oct 15th, 2011 · · ·

Hey now, self-inserts can be very good if done well. Also, anything that involves a human is a kinda self insert. Who wouldn't want to hug fluttershy? I wouldn't be that mean to my character and not give him a chance to hug a pony. Also Lyra and Bon-Bon, I can see your story now.... Oh you updated another story! See ya!

That was adorable!

Epic romance bro keep it up

When I opened it I was like, ugh, first person? But I gave it a shot when I considered the ratings, and it was worth it. You (almost) had me when you pulled the classic "What's wrong Doc?!" Absolutely adorable. :rainbowkiss:

20667
I was going more of a "you keep lolipops next to the capped flu shots so you can give brave little children treats." Also has the added effect of scaring the kid once more as you reach into the same drawer, as if you were going for another needle.

Very well written, nice story. A joy to read!

aw....some is the only word too explain it

you sould make an epiloge

Very nice, you really know what your doing. I like this story But I still think "Love Triangles and Other Funny Shapes " is 20% cooler!


:twilightblush::rainbowkiss:

this is soooooooooooooo awesommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme

Cute...

27817 This is the epilouge.

cool story, bro. :D

Amazing :D

I enjoyed it. Short, but very sweet. :pinkiesmile:

...Boyfriend? Don't you mean "coltfriend?" This IS MLP, after all. Gotta use the jargon... that you've been using for the rest of the fic. :ajbemused:

Cute fic. Now to Quantum Leap and see what happens with the rest of the gang...

Loved this line

“What did I do to deserve an awesome boyfriend like you?” Dash asks.

You kiss her tenderly and smile. “You crashed.”

Short, sweet, and to the point... NOICE! /]

I feel somewhat bitter towards you.
See, whenever I finish one of your stories I remember that love doesn't work like this on Earth. :fluttershyouch:
Still, I believe that is me done with all of your stories thus far. Now to go and favorite the ones that remain incomplete :trixieshiftright:

~AC

And now the doctor and Dash shall, as we say, practice medicine...

Sorry, couldn't resist. Anyway, the formatting and the characters were fairly spot-on, and it was certainly entertaining to read. :twilightsmile:

And with this short and sweet fiction I have now read the first of what will likely be many Gentleman Creeper fictions.

I am happy to say I was not disappointed in the least. :ajsmug:

Adieu

This was quite good.

No... Thats not the right word.

Freaking splendid. :twilightblush:

479324
Dude, I know that feel to the extent of pain. Life would be so much better with this kind of romanticism.

...I need a girlfriend.:raritydespair:

"You crashed."

...


...


...


And so I D'awwwed.

Reading this story again for what must be the fifth or sixth time.
And I gotta say...
Never gets old.

"Dash’s face became bright red as you looked at the numerous copies of “PlayMare”, “Stableloft”, and an assortment of sex toys, some of which you’ve never seen before. Dash screams at the top of her lungs and dives for the floor as she tries to cover up what just happened.

“OH DEAR CELESTIA! WHY DID FLUTTERSHY GRAB THIS?!? IT WAS HIDDEN UNDER MY BED! IT EVEN SAYS KEEP OUT!” she groans and covers her face. “YOU PROBABLY THINK I’M SOME BIG PERVERT NOW, PLEASE I CAN EXPLAIN I-”

“Dash, calm down!” you yell. Dash stops screaming and looks up at you, tears in her eyes. You feel your face go red as what is now on your floor sinks in. “This is perfectly normal for a mare of your age and-“

A buzzing sound coming from underneath Dash makes you stop and causes Dash to freak out again. “WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME?” she yells."

My god, this is the funniest passage in a story I have read in a long, long time...
Awkward Humor is Best Humor. :rainbowlaugh:

“I-I-I don’t want to... I want to stay.”

I'm genuinely surprised I'm the first to post this:yay::yay::yay:

MUH MUH MUH MOOOOOREEEEE!!!!!!!!:flutterrage:

D'AWWWW SO CUTE! Good story mate, keep up the work! :rainbowkiss:

2449305 Speak for yourself Captain. I plan to live forever.

Really good story, nice job!

At the last chapter, listen to the song I posted called "Say Goodbye" by Skillet
It really sets the tone for the last chapter as well as creating a mood for it
Hope you take my advice, and if you do, enjoy
I was just bursting to tears thanks to the song and this amazing fic (Hats off to you Thegentlemancreeper)
:moustache:

[youtube=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_XzA0FEEyF8]

789847TAKE MY SISTER SHE'S HOT!!:rainbowlaugh:

2868047
That comment made me chuckle.
There's a catch, isn't there?
There's always a catch.

Seriously though, thanks for the reply, brightened my day a bit. :eeyup:

Well wasn't that the most adorable shit ever

"I bet she wouldn't mind me teasing her with Rainbow Crash since it led to this."
>Bit of a warning she has a history with that name.
"Exactly why I plan on turning that into a positive."
>So, does time heal all wounds?
"Hardy har har. Don't you have something to tell me?
>Oh right, your link maxed out. Really, a formal declaration of love is enough to solidify that.
"So...that's all?"
>I'm supposed to give these Persona items to people that max these out, but I have a feeling these characters don't need them...oh well, time to move on to the next one.

(Just asking, you don't mind that I do these Persona-like Social Link things, right? XP)

All I want to say,...the doctor could have been human but otherwise a good story bro have a like and a :moustache:

Login or register to comment