• Published 2nd Dec 2013
  • 10,314 Views, 373 Comments

Sonic New World - ColossalParadox



What happens when our favorite hyper-active hedgehog is sent to Equestria?

  • ...
26
 373
 10,314

Chapter 24: Events Unfold

High above the planet orbited a massive spaceship, a spaceship full of over 3,000 Paleks. They all hustled about inside, following any and all order or commands given to them by the leader Palek. One Palek in particular was in a hurry up the elevator, not looking forward to delivering his unsatisfying news.

The elevator doors opened up with a small blast of what sounded like steam, drawing the attention of the leader Palek, Alpha, and his assistants. The scientist Palek rolled out of the elevator slowly, accepting of the consequences they might come after his news.

"Leader! Leader! I bring news from the laboratory!"

"Of course! What news do you bring of the power harnessing project?" Alpha asked.

".....I bring....unfortunate news, leader," he replied.

"What is the meaning of this! EXPLAIN!!! EXPLAIN!!!"

"The gem we found rejects all attempts to try and harness its energy; it is almost like the gem is alive in a way. We can not do anymore than we already have. This failure is most unsettling indeed."

"You infantile scientist!"

"Leader..."

"I was lead to believe you lead a team of specialists and this is all you bring me!? Negative RESLUTS!?

"Leader."

"We stand no chance against ridding the planet below of the filth that inhabits it now, at least not while the Doctor resides there."

"Leader!"

"WHAT!?"

"During our experiments, intel had informed us that the Doctor is helping a newly discovered intelligence on the planet search for more of these types of gems. If all else fails, which I doubt it will, we could use it as a bargaining chip. Give it some form of use."

"Hmm... Very well. For now, we shall bide our time. You, leave and give yourself some use," Alpha commanded.

"I obey," the scientist Palek responded.

He then rotated and returned to the elevator, heading back down to his lab and team of scientists to continue benefiting the Palek race.

o.0.o

"Alright, General," Queen Chrysalis began, "the plan sounds simple enough. You may leave to go inform the soldiers of the strategy."

The General gave a simple salute to his queen and walked off towards the war planning room. Queen Chrysalis adjusted her position of how she sat on her "throne" and found one that did not strain her neck as much. She sighed as she finally felt relaxation take over her, which had not happened in a long long time.

Of course, all good things must come to an end, as fate would have it when the doors to her throne room creaked open. Queen Chrysalis opened one eye. noticing one guard walk in with obviously something important to tell her if he was interrupting her only relaxed moment in months.

"What is it?" She asked in a stern and unamused tone.

"My Queen," the guard stated, bowing to her as protocol stated, "I am sorry to interrupt your battle plannings, but the spy has returned. By the looks of her, she may have something important to say."

The Queen brightened up a bit at hearing her most trusted spy has returned her.

"Well what are you waiting for? Send her in!" She said in a more jovial voice than usual.

The guard saluted once more before turning to leave the throne room. After a few seconds of hesitation, the spy walked into the throne room with her head hung low, knowing that nothing good could come from what she was about to tell the Queen.

The Queen noticed her depressed way of walking and decided to break the ice to see what was wrong for her spy was not sounding upset over their mental linking.

"What is the matter, spy? I noticed you seem a little upset over something."

"You are correct my Queen, I am upset. You may want to sit down for this."

Looking up from the suddenly interesting floor, the spy took note that the Queen was in fact already sitting down. The spy motioned a "never mind" gesture to Queen Chrysalis before continuing.

"What am I supposed to sit down for spy? What happened out there?" She asked more sternly, causing the spy to shrink away a bit.

"You know that chaos emerald we had?"

"Ye-, wait, what do you mean HAD?" Chrysalis asked in semi-panicked tone.

"It's funny that you should ask that, because I kinda, sorta.... well I.... may have lurhurhm."

"What was that?"

"I may have accidentally lost the emerald."

"Speak up, I can't hear you."

"I sorta lo*COUGH*st the em*COUGH*er*COUGH*ald."

"Oh for badness sakes, will you stop beating around the bush and tell me what happened!"

"I LOST THE EMERALD!" The spy shouted.

There was a long silence between then and what happened next. The guards to the throne room had peaked inside and the guards beside Chrysalis started to get on edge a felt very uncomfortable standing next to their possibly infuriated Queen. A few more seconds of silence passed before the spy broke down and graveled over to Queen Chrysalis, her words being drowned out by tears, except for the occasional "SORRY!" and "PLEASE! FORGIVE ME!" that would make it past her incessant wallowing.

The Queen, after processing what the spy had said, looked down to the crying changeling in front of her and tensed up. She wasn't sure what she had done to get this reputation of being an evil queen tyrant to her subjects, but she was going to set the record straight.

"Alright, Alright! There is no need for that infernal action. Honestly, what have I done as your Queen to make myself out as a royal leader that executes one for just messing up my drink order. Sit up, stop your sniffling and listen to your Queen."

The spy looked up for a moment before she did as she was told. Sitting up straight so they were eye level, tried all she could to stop the snot from flowing out of her nostrils, and listened to what her Queen had to say.

"While this is a very, VERY, big deal, I am not the kind of ruler to harm her subjects. Those with the right mind could see that would only be counter-productive. Now, explain to me what happened."

After sniffling and wiping her nose with the sleeve of her arm once more, she explained to the Queen all she knew.

"I don't know what happened my Queen, I am certain that the emerald was with me when I watched the townsfolk turn against Sonic. It was only until I saw Celestia heading to the town I decided to remain low and sneak into the crowd. I did take off from the roof I was on in a hurry and my saddlebags weren't that secure at the time, so it must have fallen out somewhere in that zone. Only time will tell if Sonic and his friends did or didn't find it, I apologize again my Queen."

Queen Chrysalis sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose with her hooves, making the spy back away a bit. After rubbing her temples for a bit, Queen Chrysalis slowly opened her eyes and put her hooves back on the ground.

"Oh well, it is no matter. Sonic and his friends will be locked away and unable to do anything with the emeralds anyway. I expect you NOT to allow yourself to make this mistake again. If you can promise me that this was a one-time error, then you are free to go."

"I promise my Queen and agree that this error is unacceptable. I cannot and will not allow myself to make another mistake like this again, and I thank you for your mercy," she said with a bow.

"Good. Now go to the war room for a briefing of the plan with the other soldiers, we are gonna need all the fire power we can get."

The spy bowed and walked off in the direction the Queen had pointed to. After she was gone, the Queen breathed a sigh of relief, her personal guards looking to one another behind her back and giving confused expressions. As they were doing that, they began to notice Chrysalis' back moving back and forth and the sound of her chuckling emanating from her front. The guards leaned forward again to their original positions and watched as her chuckling slowly died down.

"This time we cannot and will not fail. I want one hundred and ten percent effort coming from every eligible soldier. Even without the emerald I believe we can finally claim victory. This time, we will rise up and take over all of Equestria, not even Celestia or Shining Armor and Cadence can save them. This time, we, have won," she ended with an evil smile and another fit of evil chuckling.

o.0.o

Sonic and his friends all sat around with their heads hung low in different parts of the bigger than anticipated cell. All except for Knuckles who had been, for whatever reason, been granted access to a harmonica. Neither him, nor any of his friends in the prison knew he could play, but he did. He mostly played the jail house blues to pass the time, which got agitating after a while but no one was willing to actually stand up and say something, no one except for one specific hedgehog.

"GrrrrRRRR!!!" Shadow growled as he jumped up and turned to Knuckles, "WOULD YOU STOP PLAYING THAT INFERNAL CONTRAPTION! We should concentrate on getting our names cleared, not waste our breath on some stupid instrument!"

"Well, for your information," Knuckles countered, "The 'harmonica' is a classical prison instrument used to express how one is feeling in the current situation! Besides, we have nothing better to do while we sit around doing nothing; the emeralds we had are now locked away in an air tight vault, Sonic was framed by who knows what and we were dragged down with him, and we can't do anything about clearing our names because they aren't interested in what we have to say! All we can do is wait for Twilight and the others to come to the rescue. Now just calm down and sit back on your chair, before I make you sit in it."

"Was that a threat?" Shadow asked menacingly.

"What? OH, no, no no no. No, I would never think of threatening you, Shadow," Knuckles assured, "heh heh, that, my friend, was a Promise!" Knuckles finished with a drip of venom in his voice.

"Okay, that's it. It's GO TIME!!"

"Guys, just sit back down. You aren't helping the situation at all by arguing over a harmonica," Tails interjected.

"Shut it, Tails!" Knuckles commanded.

"Woah, Knuckles, I don't think that's called for," Sonic joined in.

"Stay. Out of it. Sonic!" Knuckles said through clenched teeth.

"Don't talk to my Sonic like that!" Amy said.

"Seriously, Knucklehead, what is the matter with you!" Rouge added.

Knuckles glanced around at all the angry eyes that were laid upon him, getting infuriated at how this was his fault.

"Hey!! Why am I being made out as the bad guy, Shadow is the one who had to start the argument!" Knuckles accused, pointing at Shadow.

"So are you calling me a bad guy?" Shadow asked menacingly.

"Maybe I am," Knuckles responded with a raised eyebrow.

Knuckles and Shadow got up in each other's faces, growling and making incomprehensible verbal threats to one another. Everyone else in the cell gathered around them in a small circle and bickered to each other. All of them talking at once drowned out all of their conversations making it next to impossible to understand what they were saying. One the guards assigned to the prisoner ward had enough of it and walked over to their cell, knocking hard against the bars a few times with his spear, silencing them instantly and drawing their attention.

"Hey!" The guard yelled in a gruff voice, "If you all don't quiet down I will be forced to zap you otherwise. And believe me, I will not hesitate a moment to do it. Now separate from each other and step back to your original positions in the cell. NOW!!"

Everyone grumbled something incoherent under their breaths, but did not refuse what they were instructed. The guards shot his gaze of over to Knuckles making eye contact and squinting at him.

"You," He pointed out, "Give me the harmonica," he ordered.

Knuckles was hesitant for a moment, but finally accepted defeat and walked over to the guard and handed him the little silver instrument. The guard stowed it away and nodded, motioning for Knuckles to take a seat again.

Knuckles shuffled back over to his bunk and sat down in a grumpy manner, putting his elbows on his knees and resting his head in his hands. His face was a look of sadness and anger combined.

Shadow sat in his chair with his arms crossed and his eyes closed, chuckling with an actual smile. Knuckles shot him a look of mild disgust, knowing Shadow was taking the recent event as a victory.

Knuckles could only huff out, "Aw, shut it," before he went back to moping about the loss of his harmonica.

o.0.o

The TARPIS slowly faded into reality in the dark alley beside a well known flower shop, one of the more favorite places the Doctor likes to visit. After the TARPIS had full landed, the Doctor and company wasted no time in searching for what happened to make Sonic a public enemy. Stepping out of the TARPIS, the Doctor, followed by family and company, scanned the area with his Sonic Horseshoe to make sure it was clear, which it was. After he stowed it away in his neck tie's collar pocket, he quickly swiveled to eye the group with his most serious expression, which they took note of immediately.

"Remember everypony, this is a fixed point in time. So that means-," the Doctor started before he was interrupted.

"Ooh! Ooh! Can I explain what it means Doctor Daddy," Dinky asked eagerly.

The Doctor stared at her with semi agitated and confused look, but his expression quickly softened and gave her a warm smile.

"Sure. Go ahead Muffin," the Doctor replied, using Derpy's nickname for her who sort of looked at him with a scrunched muzzle.

Clearing her throat, Dinky turned to the group consisting of the Elements of Harmony and the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

"A fixed point in time means that it cannot be changed no matter what. Whatever happens here must always happen here or else bad things happen," Dinky finished with a happy smile.

"What kind of 'bad things'," Dash asked.

"Probably some spooky and deadly dangerous wibbly wobbly, timey wimey things. Daddy never told what would happen, so you'll have to ask him," Dinky answered.

"Never mind, not that important," Dash waved off nervously.

"Well that basically sums it up, thank you Dinky," the Doctor praised, getting a wide smile from Dinky and a physical aura gleam of happiness from her, "Now all we have to do is wait for that thing to happen. If only we knew where to loo-" the Doctor tried to finish his statement before he heard the all to familiar opening of a TARPIS door opening. The Doctor turned and ran to the edge of the corner of the alley way, still remaining hidden in the shadows and observed.

"Well would you look at that, there we are," the Doctor pointed out, the rest of the group now peaking around the edge of the corner.

They quickly understood what the Doctor meant as they saw themselves, their past selves boarding the past TARPIS on their way to what they could only guess was the previously visited San Franciscolt. The CMC's were especially mesmerized by the sight, watching their past selves play out what had already happened was the most amazing experience they had. It was not lived for long as everyone had boarded, including the past Sonic, and began the unmistakable taking off sound it usually made.

After it had taken off, a few of them breathed a sigh of relief because they half expected to be caught by another pony.

"Now we wait," the Doctor mumbled.

The wait lasted no longer than 5 minutes when Twilight noticed another dark alley way across from them had a shadowy figure moving about it. She squinted as hard as she could to make out what it could that was possible over there. Applejack noticed the strain on her friend's face muscles and decided to ask about it.

"What is it, sugarcube," she asked.

"I see the silhouette of some sort of figure over there in the shadows, but I can't place who it is. I think they have a dark coat aw well," Twilight responded.

The entire group looked over to the alley way she pointed out and watched on with interest as some figure sifted about in the sunless area of the alley. They had a slight green tint on their head, leading the group to believe it was a unicorn, with bright green eyes. After a bit, the glowing on its horn faded away and began to dig around in its saddlebags. Twilight squinted extra hard as she realized what the creature pulled out, a shining green gem with a magical light surrounding it.

Twilight's eyes widened and her pupil's shrank to an impossible size as the realization of what the creature had became clear.

"Chaos emerald!" She said in a whispering shout, "That thing had a chaos emerald," she pointed out.

They all looked to where she pointed and squinted into the darkness of the alley way across the street. Sure enough, the noticed the glowing green light being held in the hoof of the creature. What they didn't expect is what the creature did next.

The creature smiled, revealing two rows of spiky, fanged teeth. Closing its eyes, it concentrated on the power stored inside the emerald, the emerald glowing brighter and brighter with each passing second. Then, in a flash, the creature had shifted from being on four legs to standing on two legs. The creature removed the saddle bags and laid them of to the side, placing the emerald inside with them.

After the creature made sure the emerald was safe, it stepped out into the light of the semi-busy market place; breathing in a deep breath of air before continuing forward, mouthing something that the others couldn't hear.

"Changeling," Twilight said under her breath.

"What was that, Twi," Applejack asked. Twilight turned her head to Applejack impossibly fast, making her jump.

"Sonic has been framed by a Changeling!"