• Published 2nd Dec 2013
  • 10,316 Views, 373 Comments

Sonic New World - ColossalParadox



What happens when our favorite hyper-active hedgehog is sent to Equestria?

  • ...
26
 373
 10,316

Chapter 19: Enemies Unheard

"Hold still Sweetie Belle, we need to take your measurements if we are going to make you a custom dress to wear at the competition!"

The group had dispersed, making the necessary preparations for when Sweetie Belle sang at the competition. Twilight, Sonic, and Tails went with Knuckles to sign her up at the entry station right in front of the theatre the competition would take place. The Hooves family stayed back with the TARPIS to finish repairs and clean it. Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie didn't have anything else to do, so they went to do some shopping. Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash went with the Crusaders to find a local tailor since they could not travel in the TARPIS at the moment. Sweetie Belle kept fidgeting in her spot on a small podium where Rarity and Taylor took her measurements.

"I have been standing here for over half an HOUR!! You have measured every inch of me, the only thing you haven't measured is the circumference of my hooves," Sweetie complained.

"Oh, thanks for reminding me," Taylor spoke up, moving her measuring tape underneath Sweetie's hooves and measuring them, one at a time.

"Grr," Sweetie growled, " huuh, Rarity, don't you already have my measurements?"

"I have your previous measurements, but you are always growing and forever changing. We need to be right on the dot when it comes to measurements, especially in a situation of this magnitude," Rarity responded.

"I just don't think it is necessary, couldn't we have just tried on some dresses instead?"

"Yes we could have, but we want you to stand out. While it is a singing competition, they won't just be judging you on your singing. There are multiple factors that go into choosing a winner in a competition like this, trust me, I would know."

"If you say so," Sweetie deadpanned.

The rest of the measuring session was in silence until Sweetie was finally told she could step down from the podium. Sweetie stretched her aching muscles, shaking the soreness out of them and then joining the other Crusaders who were sitting around waiting for their friend to stop getting fitted. The other crusaders perked up when they saw their friend walking toward them; smiling, they got up and ran over to her.

"So, how are you feeling," Scootaloo asked, "nervous?"

"A little, but singing in front of a crowd is not what I'm worried about, we have performed before," Sweetie answered nervously.

"Then what are ya' afraid of," AppleBloom asked.

"What if I mess up? What if I don't hit the correct notes? What if I blow the entire thing, I can't imagine how everyone would feel, especially Sonic," Sweetie said shakily.

"UUUGGHH," Scootaloo groaned, "we literally discussed this an hour ago, remember what Sonic said? It won't matter, we'll never think of you any different."

"I know, but I can't help but feel he was just saying that so he didn't hurt my feelings or to make me worry. What if I don't win? That means somepony else would take home the emerald. and if that happens, Sonic will never be able to get back to his home."

"You win some, you lose some Sweetie Belle. We'll figure something out if there was even the slightest chance you'd lose. In this case though, you are gonna win, it won't even be like there was any competition," Scootaloo reassured. Sweetie Belle's mood lightened a little at the positive reinforcement from her friends, once again finding the confidence to do the impossible. Sweetie Belle lost her smile, however, when she thought of a small problem with her performance.

"Hold on guys, I just thought of something," she said.

"What is it," Applebloom asked.

"You know how I am going to be singing the cutie mark crusaders theme song?"

"Yeah," Scootaloo and Applebloom answered in unison.

"Well I just realized that our song is for all three of us to sing," Sweetie explained, only getting blank stares from her friends in return. Sweetie groaned, seeing as how she was going to have to explain.

"Which means, one filly can't be singing a multi-pony song."

"Yeah yeah, we get that," Scootaloo said, "but, why can't you. There is no rule against it, is there?"

"Well, I just think that if I sing 'We are the cutie mark crusaders' and I am the only one up there, I am going to look a little ridiculous," Sweetie said. Applebloom and Scootaloo looked from one spot of the Tailor's shop to another, rubbing their hooves under their chins trying to think of what to do. Sweetie just sighed and looked to her friends, getting their attention.

"The way I see it girls, I am either going to have to edit the lyrics a bit, or sing a new song all together," Sweetie said in a sad tone.

"Don't worry Sweetie," Scootaloo perked up, "we'll help you edit the lyrics. We'll make it the best song to be sung by a single pony!"

"Yeah!" Applebloom enthusiastically agreed. The crusaders all high hoofed at the proposal just as Rarity was walking over. She came up to Sweetie Belle who was play wrestling with her friends; clearing her throat, she got their attention. The crusaders immediately stopped playing and stood at attention.

"Alright Sweetie, your dress should be ready in about thirty minutes to an hour. Since I have Taylor's assistance it won't take as long, just try to occupy yourselves while you wait," Rarity said graciously. The crusaders all nodded their heads at Rarity in confirmation, who then turned and walked behind a curtain to the back of the store to finish Sweetie's dress.

"Well we had better get started on those lyrics, we've got an emerald to win," Scootaloo enthused. The other crusaders nodded their agreement and got to work. Sweetie got some pencils and paper out of her saddlebags and gave some of them to Applebloom and Scootaloo. All three of them laid on their stomachs writing, laughing at jokes, and coming up with new and unique rhymes for the song; and at this rate, Sweetie Belle felt absolute confidence in herself since she had the ones closest to her helping to write the sweetest and most epic song any pony would hear.

o.0.o

.One after another, the crusaders yawned and dozed off as they tried to finish up the song for Sweetie. All they needed were a couple of more lines and they would be finished, assuming that sleep did not overtake them. The crusaders had to guess that it was around eight or nine o'clock, or very late. Either way, it was past their bedtime. Scootaloo was barely able to shake herself awake to finish scratching down the last few lines. She dropped her pencil and smiled down at their work. They had spent the last hour or so editing and adding new lines to the crusader's them song, and now that they were done, it was time for a very well deserved break. Rarity approached the sleepy fillies and smiled at how adorable it was that they tried to stay awake.

"Little ones," she said, grabbing what attention she could of them, "I think it is about time for bed, wouldn't you agree?" The fillies all slightly nodded their heads, their energy totally depleted. They shakily stood up and walked over to Rarity, Sweetie Belle stowed away the lyrics and pencils in her saddlebags then picked it up. She walked over to Rarity who was with Applejack and Rainbow Dash, along with the other crusaders. They stood at the entrance to the shop, waiting on Sweetie, who slowly wobbled over to them.

"I am ready for sleep now," Sweetie started, "I was hoping I could rehearse the song a bit before the competition, but I am too tired to barely even talk," Sweetie paused and glanced around the room, looking for something important, "where's the dress at? Is it not finished?"

"The sewing and entire construction of the dress is complete, Taylor was going to stay a bit longer and touch it up a bit and add a few more little details. You won't be able to see it until tomorrow, but I will be by tomorrow early in the morning to pick it up so you can see how it feels and if it is gorgeous enough. If everything is alright, you can do some practicing in it too before the big competition. Since we signed up at the last minute, you will be one of the last to perform."

"Save the best for last as they always say," Scootaloo added.

"Exactly," Rarity answered, "Twilight has informed me that the competition starts at seven tomorrow and will end around ten. If we get up early enough, we will have plenty of time to practice and make adjustments to the dress or song if needed." Sweetie Belle nodded at the information Rarity had told her and let out a big yawn afterwards.

"Are we gonna be sleeping in the TARPIS again? While it is very spacious, I cannot stand those lumpy beads," Sweetie complained.

"No Sweetie, the Doctor said he still needs to do some repairs on the TARPIS and clean the outside of it, so we will all be staying at Hotel Chic` for tonight. We all need our beauty sleep, especially you. You need a lot of rest for tomorrow if you are to impress those judges, remember to not get so nervous Sweetie. We are all cheering you on, so just go out there and have fun." Sweetie nodded at her pep talk and let out a giant yawn, her ability to talk completely gone. Applejack chuckled at Sweetie's yawning and then yawned herself.

"You said it sugarcube, Ah' think we could all use a little shut eye," Applejack said in a tired voice. They all nodded in agreement and walked out of the store, Rarity leading the way to the Hotel.

"The hotel is just a few blocks up the road. Everyone should be there already, getting into bed for the big day tomorrow," Rarity explained.

"Luckies," Scootaloo envied. Both the other crusader chuckled at her response as they made the short-ish trek to the hotel.

o.0.o

Sweetie Belle tossed and turned in her new comfortable hotel bed. The wonderful sounding idea of sleep unfortunately eluded her, leaving her mind to race, thinking about tomorrow. She turned back to face the ceiling with a loud groan for the third time. She couldn't comprehend how she was on the verge of passing out when walking to not being able to immediately drift away on the soft mattress. Sweetie sat up and looked at her friends that slept along side her. They had pushed the beds together so they didn't have to decide who would have to sleep in which beds, and also so they couldn't be separated from each other.

Sweetie smiled at them, laying back down with a warm feeling in her heart. Knowing that her friends and family were there to support her no matter what. With that in her mind, it gave her the motivation to fall asleep so she could be rested in order to win tomorrow. She yawned and snuggled the back of her head deep down into the pillow, closing her eyes and smiling as sleep finally washed over her. She was about to fall asleep until she heard a faint voice of in the distance.

"Eeeex.....teeer.....miii.....nnate," said a distant, crackling voice.

Sweetie Belle's eyes shot open and she shot up when she heard the voice. She looked around the room of the hotel she was in, but saw no one but her best friends. She yawned and slowly kicked off her covers and got out of bed. She wobbled over to the window and looked out at the starry night sky, at the full moon. She always though of Luna when she saw the moon, and just knowing that Luna was watching over them made her feel safe every night.

Sweetie just shook her head and yawned again. She hobbled back over to the crusader's bed and climbed up in it, pulling the blankets back over her as she did. She settled back into her pillow and shut her eyes; she was feeling nervous, but she smiled. And she was gonna use that as motivation for the competition tomorrow.