• Published 2nd Dec 2013
  • 10,323 Views, 373 Comments

Sonic New World - ColossalParadox



What happens when our favorite hyper-active hedgehog is sent to Equestria?

  • ...
26
 373
 10,323

Chapter 17: Hello Old Friend

“Wh-, how did you get here Tails!” Sonic asked frantically.

“Me, Knuckles, Shadow, and Rouge went to Eggman’s poorly hidden base looking to find what happened to you. Needless to say, we found out how you got here, and me going into a small rage on Eggman may or may not be why we ended up here,” Tails finished, with a sheepish smile.

“Why did you attack Eggman?” Sonic asked.

“He came back to his lab to get a weapon to use against you; I think he called it a Proton Plasma Canon. He said it shoots a ball of pure energy that damages the atomic structure of its target, you know, if he can hit you with it. He also said it wasn’t deadly, but if it hits a moving object at full charge it could cause extreme pain and/or permanent paralysis, and that wouldn’t be good for anybody,” Tails explained carefully, making sure not to skip over any details.

Sonic thought hard about the things Tails just explained to him, wondering how this could be used against him and how he could use this to his advantage. Right now though, it seemed like it was only the latter of the two. Sonic smirked and threw a thumbs up at Tails.

“Aw, don’t worry about it little buddy, we’ve already collected two out of seven chaos emeralds. At this rate, Eggman won’t know what hits him,” Sonic said in a cocky fashion.

“OH, speaking of emeralds,” Tails began as reached into his ‘pocket’, “check out what I got,” he said as he held out a small, shining, blue rock. Everyone gathered around and looked down at the emerald, admiring the beautiful glow it gave off. Sonic didn’t realize he was staring at for so long and shook his head to clear his thoughts.

“Tails…. Where did you get this?” He asked.

“Well it began when I landed in that ‘Everfree Forest’ as I have been told is the name of it.”

o.0.o

Tails screamed as fell towards the ground, deep in the Everfree forest. He was so panicked and scared of his new surroundings that he had momentarily forgotten that he could fly. Luckily, he remembered just in time and began to twirl his twin tails around and instead of crashing, he landed on the ground with soft *thump*.

When he was safely on the ground, Tails began to search and look around at his new surroundings, trying to get a slight idea of where civilization was. Due to the thick brush and overgrowth of the forest, he was unfortunately unable to see a town, or any sign of life for that matter, other than the trees. He finally gave up on trying to see a way out and opted to start walking and hope to happen upon a path of some kind that would lead him to salvation.

He immediately regretted his decision to begin walking for every time he took a step he could hear something to his side and see something move out of the corner of his eye. Tails could barely walk, let alone stand, because his knees shook too much from his fright.

He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw the bushes off to his side rustle. He slowly turned to look at them and they moved to again, almost causing his heart to stop mid-beat. Tails finally gained control of his motor abilities a little while later and slowly approached the bushes. Making sure to tiptoe so as to get the utmost stealth out of his movements, he reached the bushes and slowly parted them to pick into them.

Tails let out a sigh of relief when he saw a hunched over figure of what seemed like someone picking flowers. Tails whistled to get its attention before trying to talk to it.

“Um, excuse me? Could you tell me where… I…. am…….,” Tails trailed off as the silhouette turned around to look at him. What he saw was not that of a big kid or small adult picking flowers. No, it was a manticore that licked its lips hungrily at Tails.

Tails noticed that he must have alerted it to another meal for it to have and started running. It did not take long for the manticore to begin chasing after him as he looked for some way of saving himself. Flying was useless because after all these years of running alongside Sonic he had built up quite a few muscles in his legs and was actually a faster runner, plus the manticore seemed it was pretty agile and would most likely be able to jump up and take him down in a matter of seconds, so he kept on running. It might have been smarter to fly, however, since there was not as a big a chance of tripping over anything.

Tails had tripped over a root sticking out of the ground and fell face first. He turned his face away from the ground though to avoid any breaks or cuts. Tails slowly raised himself up, but gasped when he heard the manticore roar behind him. He flipped over on his back to see the face of the thing that would end his life. The manticore stopped roaring and began to slowly approach Tails, for it knew he had nowhere else to go.

Tails began to back up away from the manticore, but he soon found himself unable to travel any further due to an inconvenient tree in the way. The manticore got up closer to Tails and almost came face to face with him. Tails turned away so he did not know when his inevitable demise would come from the horrid foreign beast. However, when Tails could feel its awful breath on his face, the manticore gave a shriek of what sounded like pain. Tails slowly opened one eye to see what had happened, but quickly opened both as he saw the beast had a dart in its side and the figure of some shadowy figure stood at the top of a little hill.

The beast looked up to see its attacker, but quickly forgot about them and turned back to Tails with a hungry look on its face. The beast backed up and got into a pouncing position in front of Tails. The manticore leapt towards Tails, causing him to look away and wait for the beast to strike. When he did not feel and clawing or biting, however, he slowly opened his eyes again to see the manticore passed out, sleeping right in front of him. Tails looked up to the shadowy figure who removed their hood from the cloak they were wearing to reveal a zebra.

“Hurry, there are a lot of stakes. Come with me, before the beast wakes,” the Zebra said to Tails.

Tails took no time to question how a talking zebra existed and just took her advice. Quickly getting up and running in her direction, he followed her to the destination she led them to.

o.0.o

Tails sat patiently in Zecora’s hut, twiddling his thumbs, as he watched her sift through the different cabinets and drawers in her house. As he waited, Tails looked at the different items spread around her home. An array of colorful masks with different facial expressions which Tails assumed were used in ancient rituals, different colors and sizes of rosaries strung across the ceiling, a plethora of different herbs and spices, and other ritualistic items.

Tails looked to Zecora when he noticed she was finished looking for the thing she searched for. She put the object in the pocket on her cloack so Tails was unable to see what it was. She walked over to him and spoke with her defining way of speech.

“I assume you have come here looking or your friend, his actions will be a means to an end,” she said ominously.

“A means to an end, what do you mean by that?” He asked.

“All in good time, now go, him you must find.”

“Where would I find him at Zecora?”

“Come with me outside.” Tails followed suit behind Zecora out the door of her hut. She led them a bit away from her hut, but not far enough to where it left their sight. They walked up to a barely visible and noticeable path in the ground and stopped.

“Down this path you must go, and this to him you must show,” she said as she reached into her pocket and pulled out a shiny blue rock. Zecora gently placed it in his hand so he could admire it better. Tails just stared, astonished at how brightly it shined than the others, almost like it had been polished. Tails tore his attention away from the emerald to slowly look towards Zecora with a confused look.

“Stop your gawking and make haste, for you have no time to waste. When you make it out of the forest, it will be another walk to Ponyville, tourist,” she said sternly. Tails shook his head at the sudden realization to clear his head and remove his confusion.

“Uh, Uh, Right! Thank you so much Zecora, Sonic will definitely be happy to hear the good news,” Tails said happily.

“That is good, now hurry along, you should,” she urged.

Tails nodded his head and started to run down the trail, waving back at Zecora as he made his way towards the town. He then turned around and ran at full speed, wanting to get to town as fast as possible to help his friend.

o.0.o

Sonic stood there, thinking over the amazing back story that Tails had told him. It sounded like he has had a rough warm welcome, but one thing just stuck out of his mind like a sore thumb.

“A means to an end, what does that mean?” Sonic asked.

“Dunno,” Tails responded, “that is just what Zecora told me.”

“Hmm,” was the only thing Sonic could say to that, “…. Oh well, don’t worry about it buddy. We have more important things to do. It sounds like the whole gang is here. We’ll have to keep an eye out for them while we are traveling and looking for the emeralds.”

“Agreed,” Tails responded.

“WAIT!” Tails jumped at the sudden outburst, “Do the others have their handhelds?” He asked.

“I believe so,” Tails answered, “why?”

“Just trust me on this,” Sonic answered back. Sonic got out his handheld from his ‘pocket’ and turned it on. He selected all the friends he needed to hear from on his screen, Knuckles, Shadow, Amy, and Rouge, and hit the call button. Everyone gathered around and watched as he try to connect with his other friends. His handheld rang for a good thirty seconds before they all answered their handhelds.

“SONIC!” Sonic jumped at the surprise shout, “how have you been?” Knuckles asked.

“I’m good Knux, wher-.”

“Well that’s nice; I have no idea where I am, just looks like some big city,” Knuckles interrupted.

“That sounds like either Manehattan or San Franciscolt,” Twilight said, looking from the handheld to Sonic, then back to the handheld.

Ooooooh Soniiiiic,” said the voice a familiar pink hedgehog. Sonic face palmed.

"Uuuuuuh,” Sonic groaned, “hi Amy.”

“Sonic the Hedgehog, why have you not answered any of my calls?” She asked angrily. Sonic gave her a confused look.

“What are you talking about, you never called me.”

“Oh yes I did, seven times to be exact.”

“Something must have been blocking the signal,” Tails added.

“Oh well,” Amy continued, “it isn’t blocking it now. So how have you been?”

“I thought I already answered this question,” Sonic retorted.

“You know we are still here, right?” Rouge asked.

“Yeah, we would like to know what to do,” Shadow added.

“Ooh! That sounds like a mister grumpy pants, it is like you can almost hear him not smiling,” Pinkie said.

“N-Not now Pinkie,” Sonic said, trying to diffuse the awkward bomb that had just been armed.

“Okay,” Pinkie said, sitting down on the ground with her for hooves crossed and with a pouty face.

“Alright everyone, listen,” Sonic commanded, “We don’t have a lot of time right now. So I am going to send out a homing signal to you that will allow you to track your way here. Search for the other emeralds in the places you’re already in while you make your way here and once you do get here, STAY here, we will all meet up soon.”

“If I may ask sweetie,” Rouge cut in, “but where exactly is ‘here’?”

“A small town called Ponyville,” Sonic answered.

“Humph, this whole entire WORLD should be called Ponyville if you ask me,” Knuckles joked.

“Well, no one is asking you,” Sonic retorted victoriously.

“I will get you Sonic,” Knuckles threatened.

“Calm down and make your way here, I am sending the signal out now,” Sonic said, pressing a button on his handheld to give the location of Ponyville to them.

“Just follow that signal and we will meet up soon enough everyone,”

“It still isn’t soon enough,” Amy whined.

Sonic just brushed that last comment off and said “Goodbye”, then he hung up.

Sonic breathed out a sigh of relief and turned to his group of travelers, now including Tails, putting away his handheld as he did. He eyed each and every one of them before talking.

“Alright everyone, you know the plan. Let’s get in the TARPIS and keep searching!” Sonic said enthusiastically. The entire group cheered, all except for Tails who was not quite sure what a “TARPIS” was. Either way, he followed the group of ponies to the small blue box that he assumed was the TARPIS, before Sonic suddenly remembered something important.

“Oh! Everyone,” he said, getting the attention, “before I forget, let me introduce to you my best pal, Tails. He’s the greatest technician and computer wiz that I know. Tails, this is Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and their sisters Sweetie Belle, Applebloom, and Scootaloo. Well, except for Scootaloo, Rainbow is more of a caretaker.”

“She is a sister to me,” Scootaloo butted in. Sonic looked at for a quick second before continuing with the introductions.

“This is Fluttershy, Twilight, and Pinkie Pie,” he said, pointing to the respectful ponies.

“And these three are the pilots of the TARPIS and really good friends, The Doctor, Derpy hooves, and Dinky hooves.” All three waved as Tails who just waved back with a meager smile. Sonic put his hands on his hips and smiled, nodding now that the introductions were out of the way.

“Alright Doctor, if you please.” Sonic said, stepping out of the way of the door to the TARPIS. The Doctor pulled out the key and walked up to it.

“Wait,” Tails began, “We are all going to fit in there?” He asked nervously.

“Tails buddy,” Sonic said, putting his arm around Tails, “I want you to forget what you know about our modern technology, because what you are about to see will almost probably blow your mind on he much we have to learn,” he said with an eager smile.

The Doctor unlocked the door and allowed Sonic and Tails to step in first. Tails gasped and walked around, looking at everything with a look of horror and amazement.

“Its-Its-,” Tails stuttered.

“Bigger on the inside,” the Doctor finished for him, “yeah, that is weird; I never noticed it before. I’m kidding, there are actually a lot more rooms, this is just the main control center.” The Doctor said braggingly.

The Doctor looked at his family and nodded to them, signaling to get everything ready for them to travel. Everyone walked over and settled in a comfortable and stable place for when the TARPIS started up. Sonic walked up to Tails and put a comforting hand on his shoulder. Tails snapped out of his daze and looked at Sonic, who adorned a friendly smile.

“You are taking this better than I thought you would,” Sonic said.

“Actually I am screaming on the inside, but not out of terror,” Tails responded.

“Then what?” Sonic asked.

“At how amazing this place is. This surpasses my technology by a long shot, it even passes up Eggman’s technology. Which could be good in our favor, because if he knew we have a friend with greater technology, he may give up for good,” Tails said with a semi-psychopathic smile.

“Tails,” Sonic said, getting his attention, “we are not here to take advantage of the Doctor’s technology. It is already good enough that he decided to help us find the emeralds after saving our lives. Don’t let potential power go to your head,” Sonic said. Tails nodded at his request.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean for it to come out like that. Besides, we always beat Eggman at his own game, we don’t need this stuff,” Tails said confidently.

“Now THAT’S what I’m talking about!” Sonic said, giving Tails a high five. “Welcome back Tails,” Sonic said, giving him a warm smile. Tails smiled back and nodded.

“Alright everypony, hold on to something,” the Doctor commanded. Everyone listened and grabbed a stable part of the TARPIS before turning back to his co-pilots.

“Okay everypony, AL-LON-SYY!” The Doctor shouted, throwing the power switch as he did. Tails looked on in amazement as he watched the amazing machine spark to life and make a noise that he would never forget.

o.0.o

The changeling spy watched, hidden in the alley way in disgust at Sonic and his group. She waited patiently for them to quit talking and to leave town in search of another emerald. The spy felt a slight ringing in her head as her queen tried to contact her. She heard her queen trying to make contact, her voice fading in slowly until she was able to be heard clearly.

“-Ell….. o? he….. llo? Hel… lo, hello?” Queen Chrysalis asked, trying to establish a mental connection.

“Yes my queen, I can hear you. With your word, I will begin my mission,” the spy said.

“Very good, spy. You remember what you are to do, correct?” Chrysalis asked.

“Yes my queen, I am to use the power we harnessed from the emerald to change into the special shape we practiced in order to sustain it. Then I am to begin my work.”

“Excellent, now just wait for the others to leave before starting your mission, then you are free to change and move, just to be sure NOT to get caught.”

“Not to be disrespectful my queen, but what kind of spy do you take me for if you worry I will get caught? Do not fret my queen, I will be as quiet as a mouse,” the spy said cockily.

“I admire your attitude, spy, don’t make a habit of talking to me like that though.”

“My apologies, queen Chrysalis.”

“That is all spy, continue with your mission once the area has cleared.”

“Yes my queen, I will inform you later of the successful mission.”

“Very good spy, proceed.”

And with that, Queen Chrysalis broke the mental link, leaving the spy alone to her work. The spy watched from the alley way for another 10 minutes, waiting for the group to leave. She finally saw them head towards the mysterious blue box they had arrived in and about to open it, until Sonic stopped to introduce everyone to each other. The spy’s impatience peaked when he did that, quietly whispering under her breath, “just leave already” a few times, hoping it would have some effect to the situation.

The brown stallion finally unlocked the box after Sonic finished the introductions and allowed everyone to walk in before him. After another minute or two the light on top of the box flashed, the box made a weird noise, and it began to fade out of existence. When it finally disappeared completely and the ponies in the square dispersed, the spy took this opportunity to start her mission. She gave an evil grin and changed her shape, her whole body engulfing in green flames. After she changed, she looked to herself to make sure everything was correct down to the last detail. She gave another evil smile and walked out of the alley way, finally beginning her mission.

“Watch out Ponyville, a new hero has arrived,” she whispered to herself in her new form.