• Published 2nd Dec 2013
  • 10,307 Views, 373 Comments

Sonic New World - ColossalParadox



What happens when our favorite hyper-active hedgehog is sent to Equestria?

  • ...
26
 373
 10,307

Chapter 10: Train Troubles

The train to Saddle Arabia pushed along at a brisk as all the ponies on board found a comfortable position to sit in while they patiently for their arrival, all except for Sonic of course. Sonic refused to sit still, whether it was squirming in his booth to running up and down the aisles or through the other boxcars. Every time he started to get restless and run again he would be brought back by the conductor, a waiter, or a waitress. No matter what Sonic did he couldn't face the harsh reality of his fate, he still had another nine and a half hours to go until they arrived in Saddle Arabia, Sonic was not the happiest at this time. Sonic was starting to get riled up again, but Twilight couldn't take anymore of his nonsense and decided to intervene this time.

"Sonic, please don't start again, you know what will happen. You will start running around through the aisles and the other cars until a train official catches you and brings you back here. I will then have to apologize for your disruptions and feel completely silly, just sit down and relax. It is not the end of the world that you have to wait to run for a few hours, why don't you take a nap? You always take naps around the library." Sonic stared at twilight for a few moments before answering her.

"Yeah, I do take naps around the library on occasion, but this time is different. When I was at the library I knew I had the freedom to get up and go for a run whenever I wanted, but being stuck in this thing makes me feel trapped. And I am too jittery to take a nap because I know that when I wake up, I can't go running to wake myself up completely. You understand, don't you?"

"Completely, but that still is no excuse to disturb others because of your hyper-active nature. Just sit back and relax, you'll find that it is nice to take a break every once in a while. Ever since I became a princess my schedules have been booked and I can never find time to rest or to spend time with my friends. Weekends are really my only free time now to do whatever," Twilight stopped to take in a long, deep breath through her nose before shaking her head, "anyways, I am getting off topic. In short, just cool it, okay Sonic?"

"... Okay, you're right, I will try to calm myself. Maybe I'll go to the food car and grab a bite to eat, maybe they'll have some chili dogs."

"OOOH, Chili dogs, what's that," Pinkie asked in an excited questioning tone. Sonic stopped dead in his tracks and turned back towards the group of ponies, all of them adorning looks of confusion.

"Yeah," Applejack began, "why would you wanna eat a cold dog, that is just... BLEGH!"

"Oh, no no no. See what I meant was, well, you see, ohh never mind, you wouldn't understand. Anyways, don't wait up." With that last statement, Sonic rushed to the food car. Mainly to get food of course, but partially to avoid anymore questions the others might have about his "eating habits". While he did eat the terrible sandwiches they gave him and went down to Sugarcube Corner nearly everyday to eat the only edible things that he enjoyed, they never really asked what he mainly ate. They might suspect him of being a carnivore now due to the recent events that had taken place inside their car, Sonic didn't worry too much about it though, they wouldn't go so far as to drive him away or arrest him if they became paranoid. *Gurgle* That was the sound of a stomach that needed to be filled with something other than daisy and daffodil sandwiches.

o.0.o

Sonic walked backed into his respectful car and sat down at his booth with a satisfying "Oof". Sonic sat with his arms behind him in support and his legs out front with a gleeful smile on his face. Twilight looked at him and giggled at his sudden cheeriness.

"So, I take it you like the food here?"

"Yeah, it is entire buffet of sweets and other good stuff back there. I thought it was impossible for so much food to be in one place at one time. Maybe this train isn't as bad as I thought it was, I would still like to run off all this food I ate though, gotta keep my figure." Everypony in the car laughed out loud (lol) at Sonic's comment. Their eyes teared up at the strenuous, ear wreathing laughter they were doing. Sonic put on a winning smile as he sat back in victory.

"So your a hero and a comedian, huh? You are full of surprises Sonic, I wonder what will be next, FLYING!?!?" Sonic didn't have the nerve to say he could fly, but only with the power of the chaos emeralds. He thought that was best saved for a later time, but right now, he was going to nap the rest of the way to Saddle Arabia. So whenever he woke up or someone woke him up, he would be free to roam around as he pleased. As long as he stayed within range of the groups sight. He was about to drift until he thought of a vital issue, where would they stay during their time in Saddle Arabia, this problem must be dealt with or he will never be able to sleep.

"Hey Twilight, where will we be staying when were in Saddle Arabia?"

"I am way ahead of you Sonic, I already booked our group to stay at the best hotel there, the Golden Dragon Lodge. We have the Platinum package I believe; that comes with 3 rooms, complimentary room service, access to the spa, unlimited play tokens for the game room, party room rights, pretty much anything at the hotel. Also, since Sonic is with us, they are giving his group a special hero discount. Isn't that great?!!"

"Wow, these Saddle Arabians must be a very nice group of ponies?"

"Yes, they are. Very formal, SUPER polite. They are also willing to help you in anyway possible to get home."

"Well," Sonic said with a yawn, "wake me up when we get there so I can thank them." With those final words, Sonic lied against the side of the booth he was in, crossed his arms behind his head, and crossed his right leg over his left one. He then began to drift off into a peaceful sleep with a grin that told everyone that everything was going to be okay.

Author's Note:

NEW CHAPTER (yay). Sorry this one is so short, I have been feeling pretty unmotivated in writing lately so the next chapters or rest of the story my suffer from it. I will try my best to energize myself for this, but I can't make any promises. Like, comment, fav, and/or watch if you want to. As always, Stay Beautiful.