• Published 11th Mar 2012
  • 3,880 Views, 220 Comments

The Element of Chaos - JakeDrake



When Discord defeats the Elements he decides to bring another Draconequus into Equestria.

  • ...
15
 220
 3,880

Prince Starry

The Element of Chaos
Chapter 16

Prince Starry

Disclaimer: I own only my OC and a few ideas, nothing more, mostly it's owned by Hasbro and Lauren Faust. As well as the ending performance for you all...I hope you enjoy it.

Jake woke up the next morning before the sun rose, he was woken up by tapping on his balcony door. He rubbed his eyes looking out groggily seeing a dark shape, he moved slowly yawning and cracking his neck as he opened the door lazily. He saw that it was Princess Luna sitting on a chair, that Jake had no idea where it came from, sipping out of a tea cup.

“Luna, why did you wake me up...and what are you doing here so early?” Jake asked sounding grouchy from being woken up so early.

“Good morning Jake. wanted to discuss your...let’s call it your development here in Equestria.” Luna said smiling a bit drinking from her Tea cup.

“Other than having to accept magic and other things I guess I’m alright...” He said as he sat in another chair backwards yawned a bit, his eyes only half open and his mane a tangled mess.

“What about the little prank you pulled on my sister with that filly yesterday?” Luna asked, not letting Jake see her grin.

The comment made Jake perk up a little and sweat a little saying, “Well...I saw that Celestia’s mane and she was kind of mess but I didn’t know that someone pulled any-” He was shut up by a muffin being thrown into his mouth by Luna’s magic as she lifted a basket onto the table laughing a bit.

“Don’t deny it. That was brilliant, Tia won’t be able to get that dye out of her mane for a week.” Luna started to laugh making Jake swallow the muffin, mostly whole, and sigh. He was just relieved that Luna didn’t want to do something drastic like throw him off the tower.

“But that’s not what I really came here to talk about. I wanted to really check that you had your chaos powers under control.” Luna said looking at Jake.

“Well...I understand how to use it...” He said shrugging, “My real problem is using it without it doing something I don’t want it too...like having a lollipop be too big to eat or tasting like buttered popcorn.” Jake made a face at the last part and made a gagging sound, he always hated that taste on candy.

“I see...and any other things you're not able to do?” Luna asked nodding not letting a small notepad under the table being scribbled on with her horn glowing unseen as the magic was not glowing brightly.

“Read whatever you call your language and Fly...” He turned his neck to look at his wings which he tried to flap a bit which he succeeded in doing but not very quickly. “If I can fly with these things...”

“Well learning to fly should be simple enough, and I’ll find a spell to instill the knowledge, But I’ll show you the best way that you can learn how to fly.” Luna said smiling as her horn started to glow.

“And how is that?” Jake asked still not looking at trying to make his wings flap faster as he felt his chair move under him. He didn’t need to hear Luna’s answer as he was thrown off the balcony. He started to scream as he spread his wings and covered his eyes.

It was about a minute before he uncovered his eyes, he saw he was floating in the air not five feet under his balcony. He slapped his face to make sure he wasn’t dead and floating up toward the sky. He smiled when he felt the light slap and clapped his hands trying to gain some altitude and land back on his Balcony.

Luna kept drinking out of her tea cup smiling a bit as Jake floated up and crossed his arms giving her a dirty look. Luna gave him an innocent looking smile as Jake sighed and let himself let and sit down again.

“It’s the best way to learn.” Luna said laughing a little, “Though the worst way to break bones.” Jake unsurprisingly ticked off. He took a muffin off the tea plate as he heard something off in the distance.

Luna had seemed to hear the same thing and squinted looking for whatever was making the racket. They could see in the distance a large group of what looked like hot air balloons, flying chariots, and other flying devices. Jake rose an eyebrow as Luna sighed sadly.

“Great...the party guests are arriving...just what we need...” Luna said shaking her head and downing the rest of her tea, getting up quickly.

“Party guests? You mean the party I had to get that suit made for by the insane pony with the bat and all the needles?” Jake asked shuddering a bit hoping he didn’t have to go back for any refittings.

“I’d assume so. Some sort of an introduction to the rest of Equestria really, so incase some diplomat or noble comes here they don’t have a fit.” Luna said raising a hoof to rub the side of her head, “I remember doing the same going the night of the Grand Galloping Gala, And sister said her student with her friends caused such a ruckus, though I was introducing myself at a party on the Fenile.”

“Sounds...interesting...” He said offhandedly. He had heard something coming from the bigger part of the town and wanted to go see for himself all these so called ‘Guests’.

“I’ll leave you to think of what to do for your performance.” Princess Luna said spreading her wings as she got up, “Be careful not to offend any of the visiting royalty. I’d rather not have Equestria get into a spat with someone after just a year being back.” She then took off leaving Jake to his thoughts and fiddling with his wings.

.....

Jake stayed in his room for a little while longer before going out of his tower by way of the stairs, he thought it was better not to tempt fate. As he walked down he heard a few ponies talking at the bottom of the stairs, he stopped before opening the door to listen to them for a second.

“Lumiere, are you sure it is wise for us to offer assistance to him? I’m not sure Princess Celestia would enjoy finding out we weren’t doing our original duties.” said a quiet voice from the other side, Jake thought he had a slight british accent to it.

The other voice, which had a more distinctly French accent to it, said a little louder, “Ah but Cogsworth, on our contracts it is stated we are to aid anyone that stays in the castle of Canterlot.” He gave a slight humph, “Just as he stays in the castle it is our duty.”

“Then tell him yourself, I must go around to tune the clocks before I check on the party preparations.” Said the voice belonging to Cogsworth as he walked down the hallway in a huff.

Jake opened the door slowly as he peeked out to see a unicorn pony that looked a little taller than average but very skinny. He also had a bronze colored coat, with a light red and orange colored mane, as if it were flames. Jake had an idea and stepped out from behind the door scaring the pony.

“O-oh hello sir, a pleasure to meet you. I’m here on behalf of the staff who are happy to help you whenever you ask us.” Said the startled pony. He gave a slightly forced smiled as Jake rubbed his chin.

“Uh...how hard would you think it would be to organize a good amount of workers in the castle. Maids, butlers, cooks, things like that?” Jake asked having a slight plan.

“Not hard monsieur, but may I ask why you need us?” He asked shrugging a bit.

“Oh...nothing much...just make sure you have a plenty that are musically inclined.” He said as he walked away smirking a bit. He left the unicorn standing there thinking a bit, before seeing Jake had walked away and started to rush off down the hall to find the workers.

............................


Jake had left the castle, after being stopped by a guard who had a bag of bits for him. He walked down the streets counting the little gold coins. He had roughly a hundred bits, which he figured was a decent amount. He didn’t truly plan on buying anything as he was just looking around to meet or see some of the visiting creatures.

While he walked down the streets he was given slight berth from most of the ponies and some of the griffons that were living around the area, but as he walked into the more busy streets filled with carriages pulled by either ponies or large dark colored Minotaurs. Most of the different creatures he saw were mythical creatures from his own world, and some not so fictitious.

He saw quite a few zebra with earrings and necklaces. Quite a few cats who walked on two legs dressed as if they were from Egypt, complete with the blue eye shadow and robes. A few large Minotaurs who wore what looked like Lederhosen. Though the most interesting to Jake were a few tall Dragons who seemed to be chewing on crystals they had brought with them.

He saw two of the cats dressed a little higher class than the rest, as the slight golden circlets were a clear sign of it. They both had black and white bodies, but while one’s black coat had highlighted his white furred face. The other had a white coat with black fur on his face. They both had oddly mysterious grins when they turned toward Jake and were suddenly speaking to each other quickly.

He decided not to stick around incase their grins were to prank him or otherwise cause him misfortune. It wasn’t that he didn’t trust strangers, it was that he didn’t trust fate not to cause him more pain. He walked quickly and got to a large main street full of carts and different ponies on the streets playing instruments, or dressed up as statues for tips.

Before he could investigate any shops any closer he heard a loud troop of trumpets sounding from the large main gate going into the city from the main road into Canterlot, most of the crowd turned to watch a large convoy walking up the road.

Jake had a slightly better view than most of the grounded creatures, and none of the flying creatures were at the same level as his head. He saw a small purple pony bouncing around the road twirling a baton around her neck.

He listened closely and could hear loud singing coming from the marching ponies on each side of the Purple pony, who was dressed in baggy clothing with a large turban with a strange beany on it.

The stallions who were dressed like the guards around the castle except for their much duller coats started to sing loudly, “Make way for Prince Starry!” They pounded a drum somewhere in the line to keep the beat. “Say hey! It's Prince Stary!”

The purple pony bounced in front of them and started to sing to the myriad of creatures on the street.

“Hey! Clear the way in the old Bazaar! Hey you! Let us through! It's a bright new star! Oh Come! Be the first on your block to meet his eye!” It sang with bouncing waving it’s hoof behind her at a large elephant with a small square on it’s back large enough for someone to fit in.

The purple pony pushed the others out of the street as it sang bouncing them off different things to the safety as she sang, “Make way! Here he comes! Ring bells! Bang the drums! Are you gonna love this guy!”

As the elephant lumbered down the mane street, the curtains around the compartment it had on it’s back opened up as the purple pony appeared from behind the elephant’s right ear as the compartment lit up showing a tall grey coated alicorn whose magic was currently leaking stars out of the compartment to the streets.

“Prince Starry! Fabulous he! Starry Comsoalda, show some respect! Down on one knee!” The Purple pony had knocked a few down with the throw of a plate making a guard kneel. “Now, try your best to stay calm! Brush up your sunday salaam !The come and meet his spectacular coterie!”

“Prince Starry! Mighty is he! Starry Comsoalda. Strong as ten regular men, definitely! He faced the galloping hordes! A hundred bad Dogs with swords Who sent those goons to their lords? Why, Prince Ali.” She sang as carts carrying many different things.

“He's got seventy-five golden camels,” She said and pointed to the gold statues were carried out. “Purple peacocks,He's got fifty-three” The birds were on a parade float as they flapped sending feathers out to the streets. “When it comes to exotic-type mammals,” The animals in the carts hopped out, most doing some sort of trick.”Has he got a zoo? I'm telling you, it's a world-class menagerie!”

The purple pony disappeared again and appeared near Jake on a balcony where a few unicorn mares were watching and swooning. “Prince Starry! Handsome is he, Starry Comsoalda!” The mares nodded looking at him as he smiled waving at the mares.” That physique! How can I speak?! Weak at the knee!

Well, get on out in that square, Adjust your vein and prepare! To gawk and grovel and stare at Prince Starry!”

The pony jumped off the balcony and seemed to bounce like rubber as cages of monkeys came into view “He's got ninety-five white Persian monkeys” She sang as the guards of the castle sang, “He's got the monkeys, let's see the monkeys.”

“And to view them he charges no fee,” She sang as Starry threw bits to all the ponies on the streets.

The streets were suddenly swamped by lesser dressed went to get the bits all over as they called “He's generous, so generous!”

“He's got slaves, he's got servants and flunkies!” She sang as the elephant get closer to the gates of Canterlot castle.

“Proud to work for him!” All the servants and guards sang in unison.

“They bow to his whim love serving him!” They all sing as the elephant made good time to the steps of the castle with the Purple pony bowing as the elephant lowered it’s truck to allow the Prince to slide down and float a few steps as the servants moved all the things out of his way.

“They're just lousy with loyalty to Starry!” They sang as Jake had been following them to the gates of the castle watching carefully, “Prince Starry!" He hurried behind them pushing past the guards and flying ever so slightly.

“Prince Starry!” She sang as he walked down the main hall with all the servants behind him.” Amorous he! Starry Comsoalda! Heard your princesses were sights lovely to see

And that, good people, is why he got dolled up and dropped by!

“With sixty elephants, llamas galore! With his bears and lions, A brass band and more!” They all sang as the castle staff even stopped to gawk.

“With his forty fakirs, his cooks, his bakers!” They sang as he walked down to the large double doors, “His birds that warble on key,” Birds flew around his head as he smiled. ”Make way for Prince Starry!” He nodded allowing a small bit of his magic to flow and the huge double doors flew open with a huge bang.

Celestia and Luna were currently holding a court and only turned to see the Prince arrive, seeing the magic powers around him. But as he smiled nodding waving off the dotting castle staff offering any sort of comfort, Luna feeling a smile coming on her face having watched the performance from the windows. While Celestia could only feel something nagging at the back of her mind, as if she knew who this was, but she wrote it off as all mortal nobles seemed to blend together after quite sometime.