• Published 11th Mar 2012
  • 3,872 Views, 220 Comments

The Element of Chaos - JakeDrake



When Discord defeats the Elements he decides to bring another Draconequus into Equestria.

  • ...
15
 220
 3,872

Crystal Canines not so Kind

The Element of Chaos
Chapter 14

Crystal Canines Not So Kind

Disclaimer: I own only my OC and a few ideas, nothing more, mostly it's owned by Hasbro and Lauren Faust. I also don’t own the little musical number in this chapter, though if you use the new lyrics please give credit. Also, if you do enjoy this little musical part, I might do more. Mainly because it's really fun to write this one!


The outskirts of Equestria, somewhere no ponies dared to go. A place where there was no chance of finding anything green or happy. Just anger and greed, something it’s main inhabitants portrayed well. Because there were only one type of creature able to live so far away from peace.

The Diamond Dogs, creatures whom are happiest when surrounded by crystals. They are willing to do nearly anything to get them, steal, kidnap,, and in a time before most ponies could remember, kill. Where out in the badlands, they had their home. A once rich city that was ruled by a Chief of all the Diamond Dogs, but one day when he went to attack major ponies cities, he vanished. To a place no Diamond Dog knew, not for a thousand years.

As a figure walked toward a mountain in the dark of the night where the full moon was the only light in the sky. It came to a boulder and pressed a stone by its feet, making the boulder shift into a door. It made an evil chuckle as it walked into a tunnel, having the true marks of being dug through crude tools and claws, he came out on a high ledge overlooking a massive cave.

He looked at the inner walls of the cave, and was ashamed. What was once a place of power, a place full of life, was now little more than ruins of the city where he ruled the Diamond Dogs. Now where there were piles of gemstones and gold, were piles of rubble and dogs resting in the shadows of the ruined buildings.

He walked down an old spiral walkway toward the largest ruin, one that was the most intact but none of the Diamond dogs seemed to go near. He jumped down and over the old crumbling walls. The old dog walked into a small tower that had a walkway going all over the cave made of a dark stone which still stood over all.

He stepped onto the walkway and tapped the few crystals still jutting from the stones in the walkway. They glowed an array of dark green and blue, and made a soft humming that sounded through the whole cave. All the diamond dogs turned slowly to see what was making the sounds. They all looked up from their ruined homes and from the holes they were digging to find any sort of crystal left in the mountain.

The Diamond Dog on the walkway looked down, he seemed saddened by the state of the city and the dogs. He walked out closer to the center of the cave where the dogs were moving toward tapping the final crystal, which gave an eerie red glow accenting the dark metal he worn on his chest with a purely red sheen.

“Never thought...I would see my people...in such a state of ruin...” He said loudly enough for all to hear, but he seemed to be only speaking to himself. “The empire is...dust, and completely unimpressive...”

Some of the Diamond Dogs whispered to one another, remembering the stories that had been passed down about their ruler...the Diamond Dog who brought the rest of them together. Before they could continue their whispers the old dog on the walkway spoke again.

“But...you seem to have a...keen amount of potential...if allied to my vision...and brains.” The Diamond Dog said again before jumping off the walkway and on to a fountain in what seemed like the old city square.

A haunting tune started to come from all the crystals in the walkway, as the Dog climb down nimbly from the fountain while starting to sing.

“I know that your power of retention,” He stopped moving in front of one of the larger diamond dogs, “Are as wet as a serpent’s backside.” He smiled sharply as the dog scratched its head, before he started to rap his knuckles on the helmet it was wearing, “But as thick as you are,” He raised his head looking at them all, “ Pay Attention!”

“My word are as clear as Crystal,” He walked around smashing bits of the stone around him as he moved toward another smaller group of mangy dogs, “You’re not the brightest gems in the caves,” He glared at them, “that much is absolutely clear...”

His eyes took a shine to them as he looked over them all again, “But with My help you’ll have some New Slaves.” That made most of the dogs perk up and he slammed a fist into an old stone wall making it crumble, “All the Ponies will cower in fear!”

They all looked at him as he smirked showing his old sharp teeth, “So prepare for the chance of a lifetime, Be prepared for sensational news.” He grabbed one of the young male dogs around the shoulder and waved his hand in the air, “A Shining new Era, is stalking much nearer...”

The dog he held close to him looked at him and asked, “And...when will we dine?”

“It’s just a matter of time,” He replied still singing letting go of the dog and moving back to jump on the crumbling fountain, “I know it sounds sordid, but you’ll be rewarded. When at last...I am given my dues. And our injustice perfectly squared! Be Prepared!” He sang out smirking as the diamond dogs nodded listening to the large dog before a small trio of diamond dogs near the front started to nod quickly

One of them started to laugh and nod saying “Yeah...Be prepared! We’ll be prepared...but uh...for what?” The rest of them looked up at the diamond dog who was smiling evilly rubbing his paws together.

“The Destruction of the ponies...” He said as he chuckled loudly while the trio of diamond dogs looked puzzled.

“Why? Is there a war?” The only female looking one asked.

“Yes, fool. With us.” He smiled, “And with our friends too.”

Another laughed and nodded singing “Yeah! Who needs ponies anyway?” They all laughed and gave a light singing trio, “No Ponies! No Ponies! Lalalala!”

The large diamond dog growled loudly enough to stop them and said “Idiots! There will be Ponies!” Making them stand looking at them.

“Hey, but you said...Uh...” He started before his mouth was suddenly closed by the large armored diamond dog.

The Diamond dog smiled and shouted, “Stick with me, and you’ll Never live in the dark again!” He raised his arms making all the diamond dogs cheer loudly and cheer.

They all started to cheer, “Long Live the King! Long live the king!” As they all started to sing together in harmony.

“It’s Great that we’ll soon be connected!” They sang as they raised picks and shovels into the air, “With a King who’ll be long time adored!”

The king smirked and sang out “Of course,quid pro quo, you're expected to take certain duties on board.” He made the cutting gesture of his neck which none of the diamond dogs seemed to notice with their cheering.

“The future is littered with Prizes!” He sang waving his hand in the air, “And although I am main Addressee. A point that I must emphasize is...” He smirked and slammed his fist back making the fountain crumble, “You won’t get a bit without me!” They all nodded as they scattered still singing.

He smiled as he leaned back into the crumbling fountain that now looked like a throne, as he sang out, “So Prepare for the War of the century!”

“Oooh!” The dogs sang as they moved to collect anything they could use as a weapon.

“Be Prepared, for a Shining Future!” He shouted.

“Oh la la!” Some of the female dogs sang smiling evilly.

“Tenacity Spanning!” The king sang out as he watched them scramble.

“We’ll have riches!” One large group sang digging out old sharp crystal weapons.

“Decades of Denial!” He sang out glaring around, “Is simple why I’ll be King undisputed!”

Many of the diamond dogs were singing along and started to bow and salute him, making him rub his paws together as he continued, “ Respected, Saluted, And seen for the Wonder I am!”

They smiled looking at them baring their teeth cheering him on as he curled his fist, “Yes my Teeth and ambitions are bared! Be Prepared!” He sang out making them all cheer out around.

“Yes our Teeth and Ambitions are bared! Be Prepared!” The whole cavern sang out together, allowing King Onyx to laugh evilly smiling at his people. He sat back smiling and rubbed his paws together loving how easy it was to get his people back.

He smiled and looked out of a hole in the ceiling of the mountain watching the new moon as it dipped out of view allow the last of the light to glint off his sharp teeth and say almost silently to himself, “Now we have the main force...and the first part of Discord’s puzzle...to take over Equestria...and get back at those two princesses that sealed us all away...”