• Published 27th Nov 2013
  • 1,151 Views, 30 Comments

Yours and Mine - Silver Thread



Young Button Mash finally goes out for Nightmare Night, but he's only going out for one reason: to meet with and befriend Luna, Gaming Princess.

  • ...
2
 30
 1,151

Every Word Counts

The day had been intolerable.

Button knew that the Princess was asleep, but hoped that maybe she'd get online and add him sooner. But with every refresh, every restart of the program, nothing showed up. He knew why: she raised the moon, she obviously had to sleep during the day. But that didn't make waiting any easier.

Finally, something popped up; Button hurried to check it aaaaaand...it was Sweetie Belle asking if he wanted to play Minecraft. Ugh, I was hoping... Button stopped and realized, this would be a good distraction.

"1 sec"

He opened up Minecraft and hopped in, popping up in front of the furnaces...newly cleared-out of all their ores. No experience for him. Oh well.

Sweetie Belle was upstairs, decorating, but must have seen Button get online. Another notification popped up, an incoming call from Sweetie; accept.

"Hey, do you wanna go cave-diving or do some level-grinding?" the familiar, sweet voice came through Button's headphones as he popped down his mic.

"Probably some grinding, I need to enchant a few things." Not that he ever used those things anyways, most were safely stored away in a chest so to avoid losing them, but they'd be good for a big battle at least. Or some soloing.

"Sounds good. Gotta work on my aim anyways."

And so started the evening, Button keeping a close eye on Sweetie as she battled, whilst trying to do some killing himself. Either way, he ended up mostly killing Creepers Sweetie didn't notice. I wish she'd turn her mob sounds up...

*POP*

A notification appeared, and Button quickly dug himself into the ground to hide, before checking it.

Luna wants to be your friend ----- Accept or Decline

Accept.

Nothing.
Still nothing.
Zombie sounds and nothing.
Ding.

"Hey."

"hi 1 sec"

"Hey Sweetie, I gotta go."

"Mmk Button, I really hope we can play again tomorrow!" her voice was hopeful, and Button felt a tingle in his chest. He ended call, and re-opened the tab with Luna.

"mmk back"

"Alright. I did not mean to interrupt your game."

"nah its fine was just playing some minecraft w/ my friend sweetie belle"

"That makes me feel even worse. Not many mares seem interested in the game, I did not mean to cut your time short."

"nah i can play w/ her any day any time"

"She must like you a lot then. ;)"

"wut?"

"Nevermind, I suppose a colt your age could care less. Either way, I'm about to play some L4D, wanna join me?"

"sure"

Button quickly opened up the game, grunting as he found he needed to update. While waiting, he heard another bing from his chat window. He quickly checked it.

"You're still here?"

It was Sweetie Belle. Button instantly felt a pang of guilt for ditching her like this, and tabbed to his conversation with Luna.

"can sweetie play 2?"

A pause.

"Of course."

Button sighed, messaging Sweetie Belle.

"was invited to a game w/ luna right b4 i left, wanna play?"

"Sure!

Crisis averted. He was glad she didn't question it. He still felt bad for lying, though, and hoped he could make it up to her. The game loaded, and he was invited; he invited Sweetie.

And so it all began.

Comments ( 22 )

Awesomesause! This story is great!

3545161 I kinda thank personal experience, in-part...for both Minecraft and meeting your gaming idols xD

3545164 Yeah, i love minecraft, i don't have any gaming idols though.

3545177 Years ago I became fans of just general gamers, and started following all of their stuff. And eventually you start to get a feel for how people are, and I realized I admired and respected them. Eventually, my attempts to get to know them bore fruit, and now they're a close friend.

3544948

Well, to answer your question, it is, in fact, MLG and carry's the meaning of "Major League Gamer".

Hope that helps :pinkiehappy:

3545924 It does, thank you xD I figured it was either MOG (Master of Gaming) or MLG (Major League Gaming), so I was....close-ish on one guess? xD I heard it spoken enough to know generally when to use it. I'll tweak the sentence structure soon. Thanks for pointing that out though, much appreciated ^^;

3546815

Your welcome. :twilightsmile:

HN-

Update plox :( potential like this cant be left to go to waste!!

4301399 It may have to wait until I get back on my medication. I can barely think straight nowadays for writing; a lot of the time I'm so depressed I can barely make myself do what I need to do for my big move. I do plan to write more at some point, it's just not feasible right now :(

4303589 hey! I am the most recent comment in a LONG while, how is it going? Will the story be lifted off hiatus soon?

5203480 I'd like to take it off, but I just have extreme writer's block. I haven't had a desire to write in ages now. :/

5204349 ahh. Maybe I could help? I do a lot of ButtonBelle, PM me if you want some ideas!

Lol Luna seems so cool about Sweetie Belle joining. When r u gonna release the next chapter??

6054420 As I've said, on hiatus. I haven't had much drive to write at all recently.

6054460 Oh okay, so you don't know?

6055118 I can't really predict when I'll have drive, or if I will.

6055412 Sorry, it's been nearing 2 years now so not sure.

Pls update or give to another writer because I love it so far and I would hate for the story to go to waste.

*blinks a bit*
button is gonna get himself killed

Login or register to comment