• Published 2nd Aug 2014
  • 1,950 Views, 22 Comments

The Gift Of Motherhood. - Mist Shaker



Rainbow Dash, a very competitive and challenging pegasus, has a wild night with Soarin the wonderbolt a couple weeks back, but she then heard something she didn't want to hear. Is she ready for the newest and possibly hardest challenge ever?

  • ...
4
 22
 1,950

Six years later

Six years later

It was a bright and sunny day when Rainbow was at home waiting for her foals to return home from their first day of school when Soarin walked in. “Hey there, Dashie my love. Waiting for me to go pick up the foals?”

Dash giggled and looked at Soarin. “You know you said you’d pick them up today, so you know the answer to that.”

Soarin chuckled. “I know dear, I’m already heading that way.” he replied as he headed back out the door, returning an hour later with the foals who immediately ran to hug their mother as they excitedly chattered about their day.

“Sounds like you two had a good first day.” Dash said to the two.

“Yep! It was awesome!” Raindrop exclaimed.

“I had so much fun, I even made lots of friends!” Mist exclaimed happily.

“That’s a good start. So, what all did you two do in class today?”

“Oh we learned about cutie marks and what they mean.” Mist replied.

“Oh really, what is the meaning of a cutie mark?” Dash questioned with a smile.

“It means that you’ve discovered your special talent and once you’ve discovered it you get your cutie mark.” Raindrop stated in a high pitched excited voice.

“Very good, now run along and play. I even bet aunt Scootaloo might have some fun ideas for you two.”

“Boy do I ever.” Scootaloo replied from the livingroom doorway, immediately being playfully tackled by the two foals, the three of them falling into a fit of giggles and laughter. “You two ready to have some fun?” Scoots asked.

“Yeah!” the two foals replied enthusiastically as Scootaloo and the two foals went outside.

Soarin chuckled. “She is so amazing with those two, I bet she gets it from you, having lived with you for most of her life.”

“Yeah, you could say that.” Rainbow replied with a giggle. “She always has seen me as her greatest role model.”

Soarin leaned in and kissed Dash. “You know what, let me get dinner started while you rest up. You’ve done a lot around here and you deserve a break.”

“Awww, that’s so sweet of you, but you really don’t have to.” Dash replied.

“I insist, please. You just rest up and I’ll let you know when dinner is done.” Soarin stated, set on his decision.

“Alright, you hard headed stallion.” Rainbow said with a giggle before going and heading to her bedroom.

Rainbow sighed happily and thought to herself. ‘Everypony was right, I was going to be a wonderful mother and wife and I am, just as Soarin is the best father and husband I’ve ever known.’ before closing her eyes and drifting off for a nap.

A few hours later, an enticing aroma of well cooked food wafted into the bedroom, awakening Dash from her peaceful slumber, drawing her downstairs just as Scootaloo and the foals returned from their day of fun adventures. “Went out crusading, huh?” she asked Scootaloo and her foals.

“Yep, did a lot of fun things and these two really had a blast, then we went to get some ice cream to cool off a bit then did some more crusading, we didn’t get into any trouble or do anything dangerous.” Scootaloo replied.

“Good, wouldn’t want them getting in harms way, now would we?” Dash asked.

“Nope.” Scootaloo and the foals replied.

“Dinners ready.” Soarin called from the kitchen.

“C’mon, let’s go eat.” Dash said, leading the three to the kitchen and sitting at the table, Scootaloo and the foals following suit.

“Alright everypony, who’s hungry? Cause I know I am.” Soarin said as he brought out plates of food on a tray and placed a plate down in front of everypony.

Everypony at the table nodded and said “I am.” Just as Soarin set his own plate down and sat in his seat next to Dash.

Dinner went by with exciting conversation and laughter before Soarin went around and gathered the emptied dishes and voluntarily began washing them while Dash ushered her foals to bed early since they had school tomorrow.

Scootaloo had invited her friends Sweetie Belle and Applebloon over for a sleep over and stayed in her room unless it was for a snack or a drink.

Dash then went upstairs and waited for Soarin to join her in bed.

Soarin soon arrived and slid beneath the covers with Dash. “Today has been the greatest, the foals had a great day at school, they had fun with Scoots while you rested and I made dinner, everything went perfect today.” he said with a soft smile.

“I hope every day goes as well as today.” Dash replied. “I was planning on going to Sweet Apple acres tomorrow to pick up some apple pies for dessert tomorrow, sound good.”

“You know it.” Soarin responded. “Haven’t had an apple pie in a while.”

“It’s only been a week.” Dash playfully retorted.

“But it feels like it’s been more than a week.” Soarin replied before reaching around with a wing and tickling Dash with a single feather, drawing playful laughter from her.

Dash tried to retalliate but was laughing too much to focus on tickling him back. “Heheheheaahaha! H-Hay! That tickles… Ahahahahaaa!”

Soarin chuckled before stopping and letting Dash relax, only to receive a surprise tickle attack from her, making him burst into laughter, making Dash giggle as he squirmed at the tickling. She eventually stopped and yawned before looking into Soarin’s eyes, seeing the love she had always seen in them. “Night, Soarin.” she said tiredly.

“Night, Dashie.” Soarin replied as the two of them dozed off.

In the middle of the night, Dash awoke to hear Mist calling to her. “Mommy, are you awake?” he asked, his little voice trembling from a bad dream.

“What’s the matter Mist, did you have a bad dream?” Dash asked with a concerned tone, slipping out of bed.

Mist nodded. “I dreamed that you didn’t love me anymore.” he said as tears began to well up in his eyes before being pulled into a motherly embrace by Rainbow.

“I would never let that happen to any of you, not even princess Luna would let that happen.” She replied as she held Mist. “I love you too much and so do all of my friends and the princesses.”

Hearing this brought a smile to the young colts face as Dash wiped away the tears.

“Even aunt Scootaloo wouldn’t let that happen.” Dash said. “C’mon, let’s get you back to bed, I’ll even sing that lullaby that Fluttershy taught me so that I could sing it for you and your sister if you had a bad dream.”

“Okay.” Mist replied as he followed Dash to his room and laid down in his bed as Dash began singing, about half way through, little Mist was sound asleep with a smile on his face before Dash finished and kissed him on the forehead. “Night, Mist.” she said softly before heading back to her room finding Soarin awaiting her return. “Another bad dream?”

“Yeah, I made it all better though.” Dash replied as she slipped back into bed and closed her eyes. “Night.”

“Night.” Soarin replied as the two went back to sleep.

Author's Note:

Sorry this chapter is short but I wanted to get another chapter up as soon as I could to show that I am putting a good deal of effort into this fic.

Comments ( 14 )

CUTE!!!!:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::twilightsheepish::twistnerd:......don't ask on that last pic!:heart:

Very cute. Very fast pacing but incredibly adorable.

4839119 As I said in the authors note, I acknowledge the fact that I sped through it, but I just wanted to see if I could get the same reaction as the first chapter or better.

4839141 I know, I was just saying I wish it could've been slower paced but I'll happily take what I can get. I want more SoarinDash:D and I love Aunt Scootaloo. Will the other Mane 6 be making another appearance in the story?

I can try to fit them in somewhere along the lines.

So if Scootaloo is the foals' auntie, does that mean Apple Bloom and Sweetie Bell are honorary Aunties??? And I can totally see Dash putting a pie in front of Soarin and turning away for a second only to find he's eaten at least half of it when she turns back. Because we all know Soaring loves his pie almost as much as he loves Dash. And if the twins inherited that... I can just see a fight for the PIE breaking out.

4840999 Hey, my family has the traditional cake fight at birthdays, so why not.

And yes, AB and SB are the honorary aunts of the foals.

Comment posted by Mist Shaker deleted Aug 13th, 2014

HNNNNNNG!!!!! So... Much... D'awwww

Awww, you mentioned me in the description! I'm glad you're giving this a shot, and I hope it works out for you. It's much less... "Controversial" than mine.

4881328 I'll get to it as soon as I have it planned out.

To all who have been following me, I apologize for the extreme delay, as I have temporarily forgotten about this fic and will try to get another chapter pushed out when I can. :pinkiesmile:

Login or register to comment