• Published 2nd Dec 2013
  • 4,825 Views, 88 Comments

The Wrong Twilight - Pinklestia



The wrong Twilight Sparkle ended in Equestria, and she isn't very happy of being stuck as a unicorn.

  • ...
30
 88
 4,825

03 Teacher's pet

"Hi, lovely fans! Oh, and hi to those who hate me, how are you doing? Actually, scratch that, I don't really care!" Discord waved his lion paw in front of the camera. He was floating over a desert-like area with odd chaotic structures.

"For those here who haven't got the pleasure to meet me yet, my name is Discord. I am what you could call a Trickster figure. Now, I am sorry to disappoint a lot of you, but if you think that I am responsible for Princess Twilight Sparkle being stuck in the human world, think again." Discord then snapped his right claw and the human Rainbow Dash, clothed with just underwear and a nightgown, appeared floating in front of him.

"Uh? Who are you? Where am I?" Rainbow Dash said confused... was she dreaming? Who was this strange Chimera in front of her?

"My name is Discord, and I've got a message for Princess Twilight Sparkle." Discord snapped his claws again and changed the human Rainbow Dash into her pony counterpart. The only difference was that since the former human Rainbow Dash had never done the Sonic Rainboom, she didn't have a cutie mark.

"Uh? What the hell?" Dash looked herself over, a bit self conscious of being naked, and tried to cover herself the best she could. And then she finally noticed that she was blue... and that she had hooves instead of hands. "What did you do to me?"

"Oh no, we aren't doing the 'I just got turned into a pony' routine, bye bye." Discord snapped his claws a third time and Rainbow Dash was gone.

"Now, where was I? Ah yes, I did not make the so-called Princess Of Friendship get stuck in the wrong side of the mirror. However, that doesn't mean I can't have some fun with that, can I?" Discord then sat down in a floating throne, got some popcorn out of nowhere and started eating it.

"And that's all for today folks, don't worry, you will get more of me soon, even if you don't want to!" Discord snapped the tip of his tail like it was a hand and everything faded to black.


My sister raises the sun, while I make the moon go down.

This is usually the time I talk to my sister for a while, then go back to sleep, but not this time. This time I sent an apology using my mind, and headed to Tara's room.

It’s been over a thousand years, so not many ponies know this, but I don't just control the moon, I am the mare of the night. Besides the moon, the stars obey my command and I am also able to travel the land of dreams.

What I saw in Tara's dream troubles me greatly. So much anger and sadness–she is alone and she knows it.

I was right: she and I, we are very much alike, even if the circumstances are different. My sister cannot connect with this other Twilight Sparkle–it reminds her too much of, as she calls it, her faithful student. I never was close to the Princess of Magic, so I even if I might get momentarily confused, I can see Tara as her own pony.

I entered the room, without making a noise–silence is, after all, one of the abilities of the creatures of my domain. Then I took off my royal regalia, and lay in the bed next to her, nuzzling the scared mare. She seemed to relax and I smiled.

Oh, this is gonna be so awkward when she wakes up! What will she think, finding herself sharing a bed with one of the two rulers of Equestria?

Then I remembered something important, and cast a spell on Tara.


I woke up felling strangely warm and comfortable; at first I thought it was because of my coat and mane, but then I noticed a big blue creature sleeping next to me.

Is this... Princess Luna?

In my mind I upgraded my category from princess' pet to princess' lover; my face almost gagging at the idea of making love to a bucking horse.

I then noticed how my language seems to keep changing. Is this part of my transformation into a unicorn?

"This is quite--"

My mind blocked the voice of the evil seductress, and my stomach grumbled. I guess I now eat like a horse. (Yes, lame pun, sorry.) I jumped out of bed easily, and then opened the door with my mouth.

Stupid metal taste. I hope to learn telekinesis soon. Having to use my mouth like this is degrading.

I peeked outside and noticed a pair of pegasus guards, each with a white coat and golden armor. Strange, I didn't see any guards the other day.

"Ah miss..." The guard who talked to me seems strangely confused at first, but then he smiled. "Miss Tara, would you like to have breakfast in your room?"

Without really thinking about it I answered, "No, I would prefer to go to the royal dining room instead. And please, do not let anypony else enter my room until Princess Luna says is okay to do so."

"Very well, please follow me," the guard said, and I followed him.

What? What is going on? I felt my body moving on its own. Is this magic? I mentally cursed Luna, blaming her for this.
The guards did not react in any way about me looking like their famous lost princess; I guess this must be also part of the spell. So, I am the princess' lover and puppet, how amusing! And by amusing I meant I would be screaming in frustration and try to run away if my hooves weren't moving on their own.


Breakfast was, despite the fact I was being used like a living puppet, very good. After breakfast, my hooves literally took me back to my room. And once I closed the door I was free to move and act on my own.

Since trying to attack Luna would be quite stupid, I instead cursed out loud. I swore like a sailor both in human insults and pony ones. After fifteen minutes of this, I finally relaxed and noticed that Princess Luna was not only still sleeping, she seemed to have some kind of dark blue aura over her.

"Oh, sure, magical protection, huh?" I said.

My competitive streak forced me to find a way to magically get back to the bigger mare, even if I logically knew that, even if I was their infamous princess of magic, the idea was really bad.

I then trotted back to the book I had started reading the other day, putting it over a desk. I really missed my hands–sticky or not, hooves are not as good as having fingers.


"ARG, STUPID PONIES, STUPID MAGIC, STUPID HORN!" I yelled, frustrated, and kicked the table away. I have read that stupid book at least five times, but it seems that for some reason my magic doesn't work at all. My dumb horn doesn't even glow when I try to use magic. Heck, I said "I believe in magic, I can do this," a hundred times, I even believed it, and nothing happened.

"You are taking this quite well," Luna said. She sounded amused; when did she wake up?

Then I looked at the window and I noticed that it was the afternoon. Just how long have I been with that book?

"Why can't I do magic, at all? My horn doesn't even glow!" I stared at the mirror in my room, frustrated.

"Did you try to think of yourself as a unicorn?" Luna asked as if that was the evident answer.

"Of course not, I am not really a unicorn, I am a human!"

"And there lies the problem. You might have read the book, you may have tried the instructions, you may have even convinced yourself that magic exists, but since you are in denial about what you are, the access to your magic is blocked."

"No, it can't be that, no matter what I try nothing at all happens. I must just be magicless, that's all."

"So, you prefer to not use magic at all than admit to yourself that you are a unicorn."

"You know what? Fine, I am a stupid unicorn!" I yelled in frustration.

And then I noticed that I was... floating? Of course, just when I noticed that, my magic decided to fail and I fell down hard on the ground. "Ouch!"

"Good work, dear student. My, even newborn unicorn foals have more control over their magic than you!"

"What... I am your student now? And in case you forgot, I wasn't born a unicorn." I guess I should be honored or something that she was taking time to teach me magic, but... I am not even supposed to be here in the first place! Or be a unicorn, and their Twilight Sparkle is stealing my life!

"True, but do you see anypony else teaching you about magic?"

"Good point! Wait..." I finally remembered something important. "WHY THE HAY DID YOU PUT THAT CONTROL SPELL OVER ME DURING THE MORNING?"

"It was not just a control spell, it also made anypony that saw you forget the fact that you are a wingless Twilight Sparkle that also lacks her cutie mark." Princess Luna seemed quite amused. "You honesty didn't think you would be free to do anything you want around here, did you?"

"But, but... YOU USED MIND CONTROL ON ME!"

"Would you have been able to deal with the mistrust and rumors? Oh look at that silly mare, who she thinks she is fooling? If she’s gonna copy Twilight Sparkle, she should at least have remembered the cutie mark!"

"I... why I am even trying to argue with you? You hold all the cards." I looked down, realizing how stupid I was. I had just yelled at one of the two rulers of this country.

"Sorry."

"Uh, what?" Did the princess of the Night, just... apologize to me, just like that?

"I am sorry; what I did to you was very nasty. But I tend to sleep during the day. In fact I would be sleeping right now if it wasn't because I have taken the responsibility to instruct you. I promise to not do it again."

"Let me guess, you won't do it again because the spell is still on me and it activates as soon as I leave this room, right?" I covered my mouth with my hoof, what the hay?

"Correct! Oh, teaching you is gonna be so much fun!"

I groaned, then sat sit down on the ground. I wanted to say, "Let me guess, you are the weird sister, aren't you?" but instead just looked at her with hate in my eyes.

Luna picked me with her magic, laid me on the bed and started to tickle me with her wings. I tried to resist but it seemed that this body was kind of ticklish.

"Hey, hey, stop it!" I said laughing. The princess smiled and stopped the ticking.

"Are you felling better now, Tara?"

"Yes, is this normal around ponies or... you are the strange sister?"

"I have lived a long time, so it is hard to keep with the current social norms. However, many ponies would think that it is bad that I have such familiarity with you. But since you are basically stuck inside the castle and you are a secret, I am trying to be your friend."

"Friend?" I asked incredulously. "Friends don't put mind controlling spells on each other."

"Again, I apologize. But if you let me, I would gladly be your friend and your mentor."

"Oh, the mind controlling princess wants to be your friend? Good for you."

Since I didn't want Luna to think I was crazy, I didn't dare respond, but I tried my best to block evil Tara. Now, that’s a lame nickname, Tara means Star in some languages so... evil Star? Dark Star? Shadow Star? I like Shadow Star.

"Shadow Star is a nice name."

'Ah, just shut up!'

"Tara, are you okay? Tara? Equestria to Tara? Hello?"

"Uh, what?" I asked, looking confused

"You kind of spaced out."

"Ah right, just... I guess I am bored? I was inside the castle all day, can't you just put me on a spell to make me look different or something?"

"No, you would try to run away."

"You could come with me, disguised as well. We could, uh... what do ponies do for fun?"

"Tara, trust is something you must earn, this is just your third day here."

"Oh, please. I can't use magic at all, and you could just subdue me if I tried anything. Besides, hanging out is what friends do, right?" I stared into the princess' eyes, pouting and looking at her with sadness in my face.

"Okay, maybe tomorrow. Now, since it has been so many hours, you are probably hungry again."
I tried to protest that I was not hungry again, but then my stomach grumbled. Stupid pony metabolism!

Author's Note:

The idea of of writing the Spin-off "The Wrong Side Of The Mirror" was canceled due to having to work on "ECMC: The Adventures of the Earth Cutie Mark Crusaders" project. So I will just add a bit of what Discord and Princess Twilight are doing sometimes.

Thanks to MarkKB and The J.A.M. for beta reading this chapter.