• Published 11th Dec 2013
  • 973 Views, 2 Comments

A dark secret - RainbowJack



Celestia has bad dreams about her past, and they come from a book she found just after she banished Nightmare moon

  • ...
2
 2
 973

Chapter 4 : Night Sky

Chapter 4: Night Sky

"Twilight?" Asked Spike wondering if she was all right.

"Wow, what happened.." She whispers as she brings a hoof to her head.

"I don't know! As soon as you said "Dear Diary" the book started to glow and then almost instantly your eyes went purple and started to glow like the book! You kept reading the diary out loud and I tried calling out to you but you didn't answer but when you said Luna's name you came back!"

Twilight looks at Spike who obviously was worried sick. "Something strange is going on here Spike, it's almost like I was there."

"You're telling me!" Replied Spike. "..Wait.. There? What do you mean Twilight?"

"There, meaning in the diary. It is almost like I was watching her diary entry as if I was there."

"Oh, ya that is weird, kinda cool but still weird. So what now? Are you just going to read another entry?"

"Not yet Spike. Can you go and get me the book "Royal Ancestry Of Equestria"? I think It might have a few answers in there that I am looking for."

Spike runs off and comes back in seconds with the book in hand. The cover is brown with a gold trim around the edges of the book, in the centre is an image of the solar system for what it is thought to look like. Spike holds the book out to Twilight.

"Thank you Spike" Says Twilight as she levitates it out of his claws and starts scanning through the pages. "Spike, do you know the name of Princess Celestia's father?"

Spike gives Twilight an odd look. "Princess Celestia has a father?"

"I'll take that as a no." Says Twilight as she continues to scan the pages. "Prince Gumala, King Luno, Prince Bulan, Prince Marama, King Zon, Prince Rana, Prince Sol, King Haul.. Spike none of these colts look like Princess Luna and Princess Celestia's father, why is there nothing about him?"

"I don't know Twilight, maybe he didn't like anypony saying things about him. Maybe he was one of those ponies who just liked to keep to himself."

"I don't know." Twilight puts down the book. "But if you're right, I think I'm going to have to read another entry, that may be the only way I can learn about him. Also, Luna is the real reason I even have the book." Twilight picks up the diary and opens it to the second entry but Spike stops her before she can read a word.

"Wait! What if this time you don't come back? What would I do?"

"I don't know but I'm pretty sure everything is going to be fine. I think if I say Luna's name, it will bring me back. It is in Diary format, Remember?"

Spike waits a few moments in thought until he finally understands what she just said. "Oh! So when the Diary entry ends you come back right?"

"Exactly." Replies Twilight.

"Okay, so just one entry, I really hope you're right. As soon as something goes wrong though, I'm going to get help just to be on the safe side."

"That's a good idea Spike. Well, here goes.. Dear Diary." The book starts glowing a purple haze once more and soon the purple smoke in Twilight's head slowly dissipates. Twilight blinks to get her focus back and as soon as she opens her eyes she can see where she is. Twilight is back in the castle were she first began in the previous entry.

Twilight looks back and forth. "Okay Diary, what will you show me this time." Twilight begins walking down the hallway looking at the doors. She approaches one of the doors and pushes it open only to find a barrier of purple smoke, she then moves to the next door. Suddenly Luna's voice can be heard from just a few doors away calling her dad.

"Daddy?" Calls Luna. In seconds Luna's father walks through the door Twilight had recently opened emerging from the smoke and moves to Luna's bedroom opening the door when he comes within reach. Twilight enters behind him.

"Yes Luna?" He asked while walking into her room.

Luna looked at her dad as if she had something very important to ask and trotted up to him. “Daddy?”

“What is it dear?” The King looked down at his daughter.

“Can I go to schoowow today?” Luna asked.

The King smiles and walks up to a calendar just a few feet away then points a hoof at one of the days listed. “Dear it’s Saturday today. See?"

Luna looks at the calendar confused. "So?"

"So there is no school today. Remember? It was like that last week, the week before that, and the week before that. You can go to school on Monday."

Luna looks down at the ground and her ears drop as she now likes to go to school. "Oh, wight."

“But you know what you can do?” Said the King.

Luna looks up at her dad. “Huh?"

“You could ask if your sister wants to take a walk with you, it’s a nice day out and it’s a shame to have to spend a lovely day like this inside a stuffy old castle, maybe your sister will even tell you about her days in school.”

"Okay Daddy." Luna immediately smiles and gets her saddle bag then looks for her favourite doll and puts it inside.

“Daddy?” Calls Luna.

“Yes dear?” Replies the King.

“I wove you!"

“I love you too. Have fun Sweety.“

Luna began to trot off to her sister's chambers going around Twilight as if she was an obstacle before leaving her room.

"Tia!" Yells Luna as to get her sister's attention.

Suddenly the purple smoke begins to flood in and Twilight closes her eyes, when she re-opens them she is standing in the castle garden. But she doesn't see Celestia or Luna anywhere.

"A garden? That's strange, I don't remember Their old castle having a garden." Twilight whispered to herself. Soon after Twilight's side note Celestia and Luna enter the garden a few feet away in mid conversation. Celestia is talking and Luna is listening intensely.

"And when it exploded, his beard caught on fire! He had to use his magic to put out the flame but when he did, his beard was all singed. It looked so bad!"

Luna giggles and Celestia continues her story.

"So the next day he came back to the castle and his beard was gone. He looked so weird without his beard, we didn't even recognize him. We called him Star Swirl Unbearded for so long after that."

Celestia and Luna share a giggle as Twilight laughs along with them.

“So Tia?" Starts Luna. "Can you tell Woona about your days at schoowow?”

Celestia smiles softly to her little sister then goes and sits on the grass under a big oak tree. “Come here my little sister, and I will tell you about my days at school.”

Luna sat down next to Celestia looking in awe at her sister.

“My first day at school started the same as yours. I was scared and wondered if ponies would make fun of me, but it was actually the other way around. I made lots of friends when I started in school.”

“Woona has wots of fwiends too now, but Woona doesn't know if they can come over and pway wif me” Luna's ears drop slightly. Taking notice of this, Celestia puts a wing over her little sister and pulls her closer which soon causes Luna to smile.

“Luna, you can have friends come over one day but you need to grow up a little more first. I heard that we will go out to a new castle you and I, and when we do you can have as many friends come over as you'd like. It is still a long ways away but for now just keep going to school and try your best at everything you do.”

“We going to wive together?” Luna looked puzzled at her sister.

“Yes, deep in the Everfree forest. The castle is being build right now, and maybe soon we can go take a look.“

Twilight suddenly begins taking in her surroundings. "Wait.. This isn't the Everfree forest? Then where in Equestria are we?"

“Are Mommy and Daddy mad at us?” The look on Luna’s face remaining puzzled but drifting towards one of confusion as well.

“No, what makes you think that? When we grow up we will have to learn how to take care of ourselves, It’s been this way for many generations.”

"Oh, okay. But Isn't the Evafwee fowest dangawous?"

"Yes, it can be very dangerous for normal ponies but guess what. We will have something normal ponies don't have, guards. When we go, Mom will send Canterlot Royal Guards to protect us."

Twilight gasps. "Canterlot? We're in Canterlot! Well that explains the garden."

Luna's attention slowly moves from her sister to Twilight's direction as if she feels something is there. "Tia?"

"Yes little sister?" Replies Celestia.

"Do you ever feeow wike you're being watched?" Luna looks back at her sister.

“Hmmm, maybe it’s just your imagination Luna." Celestia says with a giggle in her voice.

“Wait.. Can you see me? You know I'm here? ..Luna?” Twilight says softy but as she speaks the purple smoke returns flushing Celestia and Luna out of sight. As the smoke starts to clear and her vision returns she finds herself back at the school. Twilight sees Luna playing with her new friends near her desk and suddenly Ms.Joy enters the room. She looks around at her students.

“Okay everypony, settle down and take your seats please.” She said in a strict but gentle voice and all the ponies sat down in there seats, but one seat however was empty. Right beside Luna.

"Today we have a new student! He came here from somewhere very far away, everypony say hello to Night Sky!" Night Sky walks into the class on cue and takes in his surrounding. Not looking where he was going being distracted by all of the eyes watching him, he accidentally bumps into the teacher's desk. The class laughs at him.

"Sorry."

"Oh it's okay Night Sky." Replied the teacher. "Now you may not know this but we actually have a bit of a classroom tradition for newcomers."

Night Sky's attention now went to Ms.Joy and he spoke in a strong Manehatton accent. "Oh really? What Kinda classroom Tadition?"

The class laughed because they found his accent to be weird, but Luna giggled along with them for a completely different reason.

"Here at Magic Kinder garden we ask all new comers two very special questions. Please tell the class your name and what your wish for the future is."

Night Sky turned to face the class. "Hello, my name is Night Sky, and uh.. My wish for the future is that all ponies will start to enjoy the night."

"Very nice Night Sky, that is possibly one of the best wishes I have heard in a long time." Ms.Joy then pointed beside Luna. Over there is your desk, please go and sit down so we can get started. Night Sky looks at his desk then at luna and smiles before he sits down. As soon as he got in his desk Luna sat up strait and in a few seconds she looked at Night Sky.

"Hi, I'm Woona!"

Night Sky looked at Luna. "Oh.. Hi Woona. I'm Night Sky but you already know that."

"Where are you fwom? You sound diffewent." Luna asked while giving him a suspicious look.

"Ah yah, I'm from Manehatton." He found the look she gave him to be a bit weird.

Luna erases the look from her face and lets out a smile. "Oh coowow! Do you wanna be fwiends?"

"Ya know what? Ya.. Why not. I'm new here aren't I?" Replied Night Sky.

Ms.Joy interrupted them. "Pay attention please!" Luna and Night Sky stopped talking and looked toward the front of the class but a few moments later, Luna started looking at Night Sky again. Ms.Joy soon took notice. "Please don't make me ask you again, pay attention please."

It seems she couldn't hear the teacher very well so the teacher spoke up. "Luna!"

The Purple Smoke flooded the room and moments later Twilight was back in her tree house.

"Twilights Back!" Came the voice of Rainbow Dash shortly followed by Fluttershy.

"Oh we were so worried!"

Twilight took notice that not only were Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy in her tree house, but so was the rest of the gang.

Spike ran up to Twilight and gave her a big hug. "You're back! Did you find anything new?"

Author's Note:

Hello reads,

Well finaly the 4th chapter is compleet, thanks to my friend Stary Mango this chapter is compleet.

I hope you enjoy reading this chapter, Next Chapter is on the way have been going over some of the things we need to do, I will post it as soon as I can

best regardes,

RainbowJack