• Published 11th Mar 2012
  • 8,313 Views, 272 Comments

AppleShy: The Series - solsticebrony888



A collection of stories describing the evolution of Futtershy and Applejack's relationship

  • ...
5
 272
 8,313

The Dilemma

“Bye Fluttershy! Bye um, uh…Applejack! I had fun!” Yelled Sweetie Belle as her older sister walked out to greet the couple.

”My gosh, I could never thank you two enough for taking Sweetie Belle for the night! Practically saved my life!” Rarity said, as she quickly flew several different scarfs in front of herself.

Fluttershy smiled warmly at her best friend, “It was no problem at all! Sweetie Belle is so…sweet,”

“To you, maybe. Anyhow, GUESS WHO SHOWED UP WITH PHOTO FINISH YESTERDAY!” Rarity said in a singing voice.

“Who?” Fluttershy questioned excitedly.

“Hoity Toity!!! And he wants me to make the trip to Canterlot to participate in the… Divine Equine fashion competition!!! Can you believe it???” Rarity jumped up in ecstatic joy, eyes glowing with excitement.

The couple both said their mixture of congratulations to the unicorn, as the little filly nudged by her sister to enter her boutique.

“The Devine Equine fashion competition? The one where they have thousands of ponies from all across Equestria watch as you have rich and famous ponies model your clothing? My oh my, that sounds so…scary…”

“Come on Fluttershy, I need your support the most!” The unicorn said with a nervous crack in her voice.

“I mean, um you’re going to do great! You’re definitely the best designer in Equestria! Do you want us to come see you?”

“Oh, it’s not until well into Winter, which is coming sort of soon, but of course I do! Of course, I don’t want Applejack hurting herself if she’s still in that cast, a trip to Manehattan requires a lot of walking!”

Applejack shook her head, “Nonsense Rarity! Ah’m already used to it, anyways ah’ll probably have it taken off tomorrow or the day after, we’ll be sure make it your fashion….thingy,”

“Oh it’s more than a…’thingy’…everypony that is anypony will be there! Ponies from Stalliongrad, Hoofington, even Appleloosa will see my designs! If they like what they see, I’ll be, FAMOUS!” Rarity spread her hooves out wide as she her eyes glowed with anticipation.

“Well, you can count on us bein’ there for sure!” Applejack said with an agreeing nod from Fluttershy.

“Photo Finish is having me make so many copies of the dresses I make, I barely have time for our-“Before she could finish, there was a loud crashing noise from inside her boutique.

Rarity lowered her head without looking back, “SWEETIE BELLE!”

“I, uh, I’m, trying to help, sorry!” Responded the little unicorn, a high pitched squeak.

She darted inside to scold the filly, quickly returning to hastily say, “Bye Bye, Girls, I’m Busy already as you can see!” Then ran back in to chase her rambunctious sibling.

After a chuckle, the two ponies started walking away from the Carousel Boutique towards the center of town.

“So why is it that was we have to visit BonBon and Lyra again?” Applejack said, slightly annoyed that they have to make the long trip to their home. It had been a topic of discussion on their way to Rarity’s boutique.

“Well, I um, thought, well…if anypony knew about two mares baring their own foal, it’d be them…”

“Well yeah…but this is kinda personal stuff ya know? Ah wonder what they’re gonna say? Ah mean, ah haven’t even seen BonBon in like 2months! And Lyra only visited us like 2 weeks ago. Couldn’t it be kinda awkward to show up all uninvited and such?”

“Well, I’m sure they won’t mind…they probably have been expecting us to ask them this anyway,”

“Ah guess yer right. Applelily, hehe, ain’t that juss an adorable name?”

“I love it…I, um hope she’s a Pegasus!”

“Ah hope so, ah mean a Pegasus would be good for the Apple family, could get lots more done,”

“And she’d be good with animals,” Fluttershy added joyfully, heart warmed just by the thought of the young filly that could be someday.

“Yup, and the animals!” Applejack said happily in agreement.

Fluttershy smiled despite herself, enjoying talking about her future with the mare beside her, “I, um, hope she gets your eyes,”

“Ah hope she gets your…uh everythin’!” The earth pony said with a chuckle, “Ah mean Equestria would be a nicer place if everypony was a little more like you,”

The Pegasus blushed, “Nopony would want my nervousness or weakness or…um…forgetfulness”

“Says the pony that saved ma life… Yer a lot stronger than ya think ya are, ‘Shy,” Applejack playfully poked the Pegasus for emphasis, as if just saying it wouldn’t get through to her.

“I hope she gets your honesty, too,” The yellow Pegasus said with a smile, causing both to giggle a little, then changing the subject again, “I hope Lyra and BonBon can help us…”

“Ah’m sure they can, but it’s not like we want our own foal anytime soon ah reckon,” Applejack enunciated her words to hint that she didn’t exactly meant what said.

It brought upon them a tense silence, both thinking the same thing. What if… Fluttershy’s always fantasized about her future with Applejack, always imagining what it’d be like if they ever had a foal of their own. Now that a name is in place, neither of them got much sleep, because the idea of having their own filly became a lot more tangible, even if they didn’t know how they’d actually do it. Both mares felt a rush of redness hit their faces, neither ready to ask each other the question they so desperately want to ask.

The sight of Lyra and BonBon quickly took their minds off of the subject, the other mare-couple only a block away from them, quite obviously walking back to their home.

“Why’re they walking so um, slow?” Fluttershy asked, as soon as both of them could see how slow they were walking. Lyra was standing closer than usual and it seemed Bonbon’s walking was a bit labored.

“Ah dun’ know, but ah guess that’s good fer me!” Applejack said with a chuckle, glancing at her own cast.

The two ponies, going at Applejack’s pace walked up the fellow mare-couple, greeting the, with equal smiles. They had all reached the front of the Lyra and BonBon’s home when Fluttershy and Applejack caught up to them.

“Howdy partners! Fancy finding you here!” The earth pony greeted, her and Fluttershy now walking beside the two.

“In front of our home?” Lyra responded sharply, but not insultingly, all four ponies laughing in response. Each pony greeted each other with a hug,

“We were actually looking for you, we um, well. We have a question to ask and we think only, well you two could answer…”

BonBon and Lyra nodded, “Come in, come in, I’ll make some cookies!” The earth pony said, trotting merrily into her home.
It was the first time Fluttershy and Applejack had been in their friend’s home, and weren’t surprised how the humble home smelt of baked goods, which they presumed it always did.

As BonBon went and prepared the mid-day desert, Lyra showed the two around their house. Blue painted walls, perfectly clean white carpets, spotless tile made for a surprisingly clean house. Applejack had assumed it would be slightly messy just based on her previous encounters with the two; neither seemed to be the nit-picky type.

Lyra sat in her usual upright fashion, the other two mares sitting on their all fours on a couch across from the blue unicorn’s chair.

“So, you’re still in that cast I see, Applejack, Thought you’d be out by now,”

Applejack had her cast-ed leg hanging off the side off the couch, obviously unable to sit regularly with it on.

“Well, it wasn’t ma choice ah reckon’, Ah’d rather be workin’ and buckin’, helpin’ ma family! But ah guess, Shy’s right too, ah can’t risk re-injurin’ maself, that’d really be a real thorn in ma hoof,”

“How has it been being all famous across Equestria?”

“Oh, ah guess it’s kinda over now,” Fluttershy said smiling happily because she really hated the attention she had gotten from it, “Everypony is interested in that Unicorn from Canterlot that’s been hiccuping since she was a filly,”

“That sure sounds fun, “Lyra said with a light chuckle, now cradling a cup of juice in her hooves.

“We kind of have something to tell you two, too,” The unicorn said with a sly smile.

BonBon giggled as she entered the room, and then jumped up next the blue unicorn, a giddy smile on her face, “Cookies will be ready in 15 minutes!”

Thoughts went through Applejack and Fluttershy’s mind; they had no clue what it could be.

Lyra smiled glancing over at the earth pony beside her, “You wanna tell them, honey?”

“No, you do it,” BonBon said sheepishly, voice slightly shaking from excitement.

“BonBon’s pregnant!”