• Published 24th Nov 2013
  • 2,190 Views, 26 Comments

Of Apples and Marshmallows - Twilight-the-Pony



A collection of stories, written for RariJack prompt thread

  • ...
10
 26
 2,190

Singing

Stage. Rarity wasn’t prepared for something like this. It was one of her worst nightmares. Making dresses for wide variety of ponies was not a problem, since she was usually in the background, but to pull out something like this? Why did she agreed to all of this in the first place?

~*~*~

“Rarity?”

“Absolutely not, Applejack.”

“Aw, come on, Rares. It can’t be that bad. Ah heard ya singing to the ponyquins and with us on our way to the galla, and ya were magnificent. Sides, you adore being in the spotlight...”

Rarity noded. “But not for this. Sweetie Belle is the singer of the family, even if she might not know it...”

“Rarity, please... This is a charity event and we all volunteered. Rainbow Dash will show a sonic rainboom and her and Twi are going to show some air tricks. Me and Pinkie are going to show few tricks as well. Even Fluttershy’s animals agreed to help out...”

“But I can make dresses for everypony! I’ll—”

Applejack cleared her throat. “Ya know that won’t cut it. Please, Rarity.”

Rarity sighed. “Very well, then.”

Applejack smiled gleefully and kissed Rarity on forehead. “Ya’ll be amazing, Rares. Don’t ya worry none about that!”

Rarity whimpered as Applejack left Carousel Boutique. What have I gotten myself into?

~*~*~

Take a deep breath, Rarity. Everything will be fine. With a spotlight on her and her beautiful pink dress, she tried to step forward.

No luck.

She tried again, but again her hooves didn’t obey. Her mind was in overdrive; her audience waited for some sort of action, but there was none.

Rarity could feel the heat in her head rise up and moment after her vision became dark. She tried to make a sound one last time, but it was too late. She could only feel herself fall to the ground, hearing nothing more than whispers from the staring crowd. Then nothing.

~*~*~

“Rarity? Are ya okay?” Applejack’s voice was low and soft.

“Mmm?” Rarity murmured. “W- what happened?”

“Ya passed out. Yer behind the stage now. Others are still entertaining ponies. It’s just ya and me.”

“C-can I get some water, please?” Rarity muttered. “And how long was I... You know...”

“Ten minutes. Ya gave as quite a scare there.”

Rarity hung her head. “I’m sorry. I should have told you... It happened once in school, and I wanted to keep this a secret.”

“Ahm, sorry, Rares. I should’ve—”

“It’s not your fault, Applejack. But I cannot sing just for the audience. I can only sing for me,but sometimes I can sing for a pony.”

“Can you sing for me?”

Rarity shook her head. “W- what? I wish it would that simple, Applejack. It’s—”

Her response was silenced by a kiss from the orange lips. “Please, Rares?”

Rarity looked at the mare in front of her. “H- how did you know?”

“I didn’t. But at least half of the Ponyville told me that ya thought that Ah’m cute. So...”

Rarity’s face reddened. “I never knew how to get you out on a date, so I...”

“Ya think ya’ll be able to sing? We want to raise as much as much money as possible.”

“I will, Applejack. But I don’t want to sing for you.”

“Huh?”

“I want to sing with you.” Rarity leant forward and returned the kiss.

Author's Note:

They sing this: