• Published 22nd Nov 2013
  • 9,148 Views, 121 Comments

Freshman Blues - Wildcard25



Spike has begun high school and hopes he'll fit in before the high school world eats him alive

  • ...
16
 121
 9,148

Christmas Confessions

Three months had passed since Spike's first day of high school, and it was finally December, more precise, a week before Christmas. Snow had blanketed the city of Canterlot, and everyone was out and about preparing for the holidays. At an indoor ice hockey rink, Puck Shot was practicing his hockey tricks, while Spike was watching from outside the rink, "Puck Shot maneuvers around the Griffons," Puck spoke like an announcer, "He shoots..." he shoots the puck into the net, "HE SCORES! And the crowd goes wild!" he mimicked fans cheer.

"Nice moves, Gretzsky." Spike applauded.

Puck skated over to the edge of the rink, "Thanks, I've been working on my puck shooting since vacation started."

"I can see, well thanks to this weather Rainbow and I are off parkour training until the spring." Spike explained.

"Really?" Puck asked, "And here I thought Rainbow would want to practice even in the cold snowy weather."

"Hey Rainbow may be a glutton for physical endurance, but she's not stupid." Spike reminded him.

"True." Puck admitted.

"So come on, let's hurry and get to the mall. I still got some Christmas shopping to do." Spike nudged him.

"All right, let me just get my gear." Puck said as he skated off the rink to undo his skates and put them and the rest of his hockey equipment into a bag. After bundling up in their winter outfits, they left the indoor rink and headed for the mall.

As they arrived at the mall, the boys noticed the shops were packed with shoppers looking to get last minute gifts, "Man, the mall gets this way every single year around this time." Spike said.

"It's the curse of holiday sales my friend." Puck answered as he patted his friends shoulder.

"Yeah," Spike nodded, "So who do you still need to get gifts for?"

"Well my parents, my brother whose coming home from college, my cousin, and my uncle," Puck listed some people off, "You?"

"Well I still have Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Vinyl, Twistin' and Rarity." spike listed off his remainder names.

"Oh, so then you already got my gift?" Puck smirked as he leaned in.

"Possibly." Spike answered seeing right through his attempts.

"Any chance you could lend me a hint?" Puck nudged his shoulder to his buddy.

"Nice try, Puck. But you'll have to wait till Christmas morning." Spike answered smugly.

Puck pouted, "Bro you really are a tease."

"And you act like a five year old." Spike retorted.

Puck looked to him with narrow eyes, "You win this round grasshopper."

"Right. So we meet up at the food court in thirty ok?" Spike asked.

"You bet," Puck nodded, "Well good luck."

"Same to you." Spike replied. And so the two split up to get their own shopping done.

And so Spike walked through the mall going from shop to shop looking for something to get the remainder people on his shopping list. Soon he was walking through the mall happily singing his favorite holiday carol to himself.

He finally stopped outside a jewelry store and saw something in the window that made his eyes light up. It was a Fire Ruby necklace, "Yes there it is," he began in awe, "That's just the gift to get Rarity. Lucky I've hid plenty of savings for this. Spike, you are gonna be getting some points for this." he chuckled before entering the place.

As he entered the man at the desk noticed him, "Ah welcome sir, what can I help you with?"

"I'm looking to purchase something for a very special lady friend of mine." Spike answered.

"Is that so?" the owner asked in interest, "And what do you have in mind? Because we got all sorts of jewelry here to attract the attention of a special girl."

"I already know what I'm looking for," Spike motioned to the Fire Ruby Necklace, "That little beauty."

The owner noticed it and chuckled, "Well you got a fine eye for gemstones, my boy. Yes the Fire Ruby is a rare piece. They say it has the power to bring two people together and that their love will last forever."

"Love the legend." Spike smiled.

"Though I'd hate to point out, it seems out of your price range." The guy said, but was cut off as Spike whipped out enough money for it.

"You were saying?" Spike asked with a raised brow.

"Would you liked that wrapped?" the owner asked sheepishly.

Soon enough Spike met up with Puck at the food court where, they were having cocoa with marshmallows to stay warm, "So how was your shopping?" Spike asked his hockey loving friend.

"A complete success," Puck began, "I'm all set for Christmas. How about you?"

"Everything's worked out perfectly," Spike answered with a smirk, "Because I'm gonna give Rarity her gift at the Christmas Party held at Joe's Doughnut shop hosted by Muse."

"Really, at that party?" Puck asked. Muse was a senior student at C.H.S, and a close friend of Rainbow Dash's due to the fact her cousin Wildcard was dating the Senior student.

"It's the perfect opportunity to let her know how much I love her." Spike explained.

"So what'd ya get her?" Puck asked curiously.

Spike looked around before they leaned in closer and whispered to his friend, "A Fire Ruby necklace."

Puck did a double take, "What? You bought her something that expensive? How much did you shell out for that?"

"Is it really that important?" Spike asked dryly.

"You must really love this girl if you're willing to go that far to prove it." Puck stated.

"It's not like I'm asking her to marry me, man." Spike retorted.

"You got a point," Puck admitted, "Well I hope your plan works well."

"Oh I know it will." Spike nodded as he smiled to himself.

Later Spike returned home, and removed his winter jacket and boots at the door, "I'm home." he called as Twilight walked into the living room.

"Oh you're back, Spike. How was shopping?" Twilight asked.

"Perfect. And it's going to be better, because I plan on giving Rarity's gift to her at Muse's Christmas Party." he explained.

Twilight did a double take, "Really, so what'd you get her?"

Spike looked at her, "Like I'm gonna tell you. I can barely trust you with secrets. I still remember last year you told the girls my secret crush on Rarity."

"Spike that just slipped out because I had too much on my mind." Twilight answered.

"Regardless, I'm keeping this a secret." Spike replied as he went for his room.

Inside his room he laid out his gifts and picked up the Fire Ruby necklace, "Oh Rarity, you are going to flip when I give this to you." he smirked.

A few days later it was Christmas Eve night, and just about everyone from school was gathered at Joe's Doughnuts. The place was all decorated for the holidays and everyone there was enjoying themselves. Standing up by the counter was the host of the party, Muse. She had morning glory blue eyes, long black hair with three white streaks in them. Her outfit included brown slip on shoes, pink slacks, and a tan shirt with the two drama masks on it, "Attention. May I have your attention please?" she called as some of them couldn't hear her. Wildcard seeing this whistled loud enough to grab their attention, "Thank you." she thanked Wild.

"Happy to help." Wild winked.

Muse seeing she had their attention spoke up, "Now then. I want to thank you all for coming to this party I put together for all of us. I know you all must be bursting with excitement since tomorrows Christmas. So I wanted us all to be here together before we get together with our families tomorrow. So let the party resume!" the teens cheered as they continued to party.

Spike smiled as he and Twilight were looking around until they spotted their friends, "Hey guys!" Twilight called as they went over.

"Twilight, Spike! Merry Christmas!" Pinkie cheered as she danced around them happily while wearing fake reindeer antlers on her head.

"Merry Christmas to you too, Pinkie." Twilight giggled at her friends enthusiasm.

"Nice antlers." Spike mentioned.

"Thanks. I would've worn a red nose, but the girls thought it'd be overkill." she explained.

"This is some party isn't it?" Rainbow asked them.

"Oh yes, it's wonderful." Fluttershy admitted.

Spike looked around seeing the one girl he was looking forward to see the most not present, "Where's Rarity?"

"Girl's in the bathroom." Applejack answered.

"Spike!" Puck called over as he came back with a tray of Christmas cookies, "You gotta try these cookies Pinkie made for the party."

Spike smiled as he ate one, "Delicious as always, Pinkie."

"Thanks, Spike." Pinkie smiled.

"If you'll excuse us ladies, Spike and I need to have a word," Puck said as he pulled Spike aside, "So you ready to impress Rarity?"

"I will as soon as she gets out of the bathroom," Spike answered, "But in the meantime Merry Christmas, Puck." he pulled out a gift for him.

"What?" Puck gasped in shock, "I thought you told me to wait until Christmas."

"Yeah I just wanted to tease you." Spike chuckled.

"Ooh Spike," Puck began, "Oh you're gonna get some noogies later. I'm just gonna pound you like this."

"Well here open it." Spike said giving him the gift, as he opened it revealing a new hockey puck that had his name imprinted on it.

"Oh, Spike," Puck gasped, "Bro, you're the man!" he pulled Spike into a headlock and started to noogy him.

"Ok-ok, I get it!" Spike chuckled as he got out of his friend's headlock.

"Hey guys." Featherweight said as he walked over.

"Featherweight, there you are. I was wondering when you'd show." Puck said as the third friend fist bumped with Spike and Puck.

"Yeah well with the weather outside, traffic is piling up." Featherweight explained sheepishly.

"Better late than never," Spike replied as he pulled out another gift, "Merry Christmas."

"Oh thanks, Spike." Featherweight accepted the gift.

"Open it." Spike beckoned him.

Featherweight taking his friends words opened the gift revealing an MP3 player, "Holy cripes! Spike, for real?"

"Oh yeah." Spike nodded.

"Thanks man. You know when you get home you can open the gift I gave you." Featherweight granted him permission.

"Mine too." Puck added.

"Thanks, guys." Spike smiled, until he saw Rarity walking through the crowd and gasped, "There's Rarity! Wish me luck guys. I'm goin' in."

Puck and Featherweight watched as their friend walked off as the smartest of the two spoke to the athletic one, "What's he doing?"

Puck smirked, "Making a move."

So Spike made his way through the crowd of people calling out, "Rarity! Hey Rarity!"

He was almost reaching Rarity from within the crowd, only for someone to grab his shoulder and pull him back and out of the crowd. To Spike's shock it was Rover, Fido, and Spot, "Happy holidays, Spike." Rover greeted him, while Spot and Fido chuckled.

Spike groaned, "Guys, this is the worst possible of times. Now if you'll let me by, I gotta meet someone." he tried to get past only for Fido to block him.

"What's the hurry?" Fido asked.

"Yeah, we just wanna spread some holiday cheer, starting with you." Rover added.

"Guys, this is Christmas eve and I don't have time to bull with you." Spike said in annoyance.

"Hey don't presume so much, even we're not jerks on Christmas." Spot said.

"Really?" Spike asked in skepticism.

"Yeah, and here. We each even got you a little something." Rover said as the three each handed Spike a gift.

Spike looked and saw he got two red wristbands with his name embedded on them from Fido, from Spot he got a gold wrist watch, and finally from Rover he received a pimp hat, "Really, for me guys?" he asked seeing them look sheepish, "Well thanks. Sorry I didn't get you anything."

"Your gift to us is to not tell anyone we're that nice, or you'll find yourself getting a trip to the swirly." Rover warned him.

"You got it." Spike smiled assuring them.

"Well later. We got some doughnuts with sprinkles to snack on." Rover said as the trio took their leave.

Spike smiled seeing that even the worse of enemies he made can be nice during Christmas, "Hey there, Spike." another voice called, as Spike looked seeing Twistin' and Vinyl approach.

"Hey Twistin', Vinly, Merry Christmas." he greeted the two.

"Merry Christmas to you too, Spike." Vinyl replied.

"How do you like this party?" Twistin' asked his apprentice in hip hop.

"I'm really loving it." Spike admitted while wishing he could get back to finding Rarity.

"Well stick around because later Flash Sentry and the Rockin' Knights are playing for us." Vinyl explained.

"Flash Sentry?" Spike pondered, until he remembered, "Oh right. He's dating my sister."

"What's you're take on him?" Twistin' asked curisouly.

"Well first time I met him, he seemed like a nice guy. Not like one of those narcissistic boys whose only interested in maintaining a good image for themselves." Spike admitted.

"Yeah. Your sister really likes him." Vinyl noted.

"Uh-huh," Spike nodded, "Oh hey guys. Merry Christmas." he presented them each a gift.

"Hey thanks, Spike." Twistin' thanked him as he and Vinyl took their gifts.

"Go ahead. Open them." Spike beckoned them.

So they opened them as Twistin' saw his gift was a pair of fingerless biker gloves, "Awesome gloves, Spike. Thanks."

"No problem man." Spike answered as the two fist bumped.

Vinyl opened hers and saw it was a brand new pair of headphones, "All right new headphones!" the older girl threw her arms around Spike in an embrace, "Thanks, Spike. You're the best!"

Spike blushed at Vinyl's display, but held it together and hugged her back, "You're welcome," when the two parted, Spike spoke up, "Hey have you guys seen Rarity by any chance?"

"Rarity?" the two asked as Twistin' spoke up, "Last I saw her she was with Blueblood."

"Blueblood; the principal's nephew?" Spike asked in shock.

"Yeah, why did you need her for something?" Vinyl asked.

"No. It's nothing." Spike answered downheartedly as he walked away leaving the two in concern. Spike walked to the back of the shop as he watched everyone was still enjoying the party, and wasn't even bother trying to pinpoint Rarity's location, and just went outside.

He stood outside in the snow all bundled up. He felt foolish knowing there was no way he could get to Rarity now, and if he approached her while she was someone else at the moment he'd just look pitiful and pathetic, 'This was all a bad idea.' he thought to himself sadly.

A few minutes later he started hearing sniffling and crying, "Huh?" he went around to the side of the shop seeing who else but Rarity crying in front of the shop with her face buried in her hands, "Rarity?" he gasped as he ran over, "Rarity!"

Hearing her name, she looked up and saw Spike. Spike was shocked seeing bits of cake frosting on her face, "Oh, Spike. I didn't know you were out here." she did hr best to act natural and not show she was crying.

"What're you doing out here, and why're you crying?" he asked in concern for his crush.

"Oh, Spike. I just had the worst experience of my life!" Rarity cried, "Blueblood; the principal's nephew wanted me to join him. I though he'd be a man of class and nobility being the principal's nephew and all, but he was un-charming and a royal pain!"

"How so?" Spike asked hoping she wouldn't feel worse by his request.

"Well for one thing he made me pay for our food, as if he expected it. Then he complained about the doughnuts having too many sprinkles and asked Joe to remove some of them for him. Even Joe felt embarrassed. He then cleaned a drip of hot chocolate on the table using my handkerchief, but the worse of it was, someone who was carrying a cake ended up tripping and it was heading right for us. Blueblood grabbed me and used me as a shield so that I ended up getting caked!"

Spike gasped seeing how much of a jerk Blueblood was to Rarity as the girl continued, "Finally that was the last straw and I chewed him out for the jerk he was. To further make him pay I shook some of the cake frosting on him, and he ran off to the mens room like a baby." she giggled a bit and Spike laughed too.

"Sounds like you made him pay for his mistake." Spike noted.

Rarity sighed after her giggle, "Yes, but that humiliation he put on me back there was just so painful. Why did I allow myself to join him? Maybe I'm just a magnet for attracting polar opposites." she started putting herself down.

"That's not true!" Spike shot up, grabbing her attention, "You're amazing Rarity. You're beautiful, kind, generous, and always thinking of others. Blueblood's just a jerk who can't see a true lady if it walked up to him."

"Spike." she gasped.

"And never say you attract polar opposites or anything like that," Spike continued pouring his heart out, "There are plenty of guys out there who would want to be with you," he looked down a bit, "I-I'm one of them."

Rarity was struck by Spike's confession as tears started staining her eyes. Taking Spike by surprise she pulled him into an embrace and rested her head on his shoulder. Spike knowing what to do, wrapped his arms around her and comforted her as she cried into his shoulders a bit. Finally finished crying, Rarity lifted her head up from Spike's shoulder and dried her eyes, "Thank you, Spike. You truly are the kindest, sweetest, most generous boy I've ever known."

"That's me in a nutshell." Spike chuckled as he reached into his pocket and pulled out his own handkerchief to clean the remaining cake frosting off Rarity's face until she was clean, "Listen I was hoping to catch you here and they party, because... Here." he presented his gift to her.

"Oh Spike, thank you." she gasped and accepted the gift.

"Open it." Spike told her.

Rarity curiously opened the present and upon seeing what was inside it gasped in surprise, "Spike. Is this a Fire Ruby necklace?"

"Uh-huh." Spike nodded.

Rarity's eyes started swelling up with tears of happiness, "Oh Spike. I don't know what to say..."

Spike smiled, "Then don't, because seeing you happy brings joy to my heart."

Rarity smiled at his sweet words, and handed it to him, "Put it on me, please?"

"Delighted," Spike answered as he put the necklace on her. Once he finished he looked at her and saw how good she and the necklace went together, "Beautiful, but not as beautiful as the one wearing it."

Rarity blushed and embraced Spike again, as he did the same, "Merry Christmas, Spike." she said.

"Merry Christmas, Rarity," he replied, "Why don't we go back inside and get some hot chocolate?" he offered.

"Are you buying?" she asked hoping he didn't expect her to pay like Blueblood did.

"Sure." he smiled and the two walked back into the shop.

When they got in, they dusted the snow off themselves and removed their winter coats. Surprising them at the entry was Pinkie Pie, "There you two are! The girls and I were worried. Are you ok, Rarity?"

"Oh yes, Pinkie Pie. I'm doing much better now." Rarity answered truthfully.

"That's good. Well come on let's get back to the others," she tried tugging them along until she looked up and gasped, "Ooh, mistletoe!"

Spike and Rarity looked up, and saw they were indeed under mistletoe, "Well what do you know?" Spike asked with a blush.

"Well, Spike. It's tradition." Rarity smiled.

"Yeah, tradition." Spike said as Rarity pulled Spike into a kiss which he returned.

Pinkie suddenly took a picture, which took the tow by surprise, "Good Christmas Card you guys!" she ran off to show the others.

"Oh that Pinkie." Rarity chuckled.

"Rarity," spike began getting her attention, "I want you to know I really love you. Ever since I first met you I've always had a crush on you."

Rarity smiled and spoke, "Well you know what, Spike?" Spike was curious as she leaned into his ear and whispered to him, "I love you too." Spike gasped at hearing those words come out of her mouth. He smiled and the two walked hand in hand to join up with their friends. Spike knew he would be sleeping peacefully tonight, and knew tomorrow Christmas would be even better than he imagined it would be.

Author's Note:

Have a Merry Christmas everybody!