• Published 22nd Nov 2013
  • 9,190 Views, 121 Comments

Freshman Blues - Wildcard25



Spike has begun high school and hopes he'll fit in before the high school world eats him alive

  • ...
16
 121
 9,190

End of the Semester

At C.H.S inside the library, Spike, Twilight, and the girls were all studying at a table for final exams were under way. They were all studying hard, until Rainbow sighed before closing up her text book, "I'm done for the day."

"Yeah, we've been at this for two hours now." Applejack added as she started putting her books into her backpack.

"Let's break." Pinkie suggested.

"Girls, remember final exams are a week away." Twilight reminded them, as she held a book up.

"But Twilight, we've been at this for hours now," Spike reminded her, "It won't do us good to study so hard if we're too worn out to remember it."

"He's right, Twilight." Fluttershy agreed, while looking nervous for voicing her opinion.

"And I'm getting quite famished myself." Rarity noted.

Twilight looked seeing everyone was looking burned out from the studying, and couldn't help but agree, "Well, ok. Let's break for today."

"YA..." Pinkie was going to cheer, until Applejack clamped her mouth shut.

"We're in a library." she whispered in reminder.

Pinkie nodded, as Applejack removed her hand from her mouth, and said softly, "Yay."

So they left the school library, and headed out to Tino's Pizza where they were replenishing their energies, "Man, with finals coming down to the wire I'm getting more edgy by the day." Spike said.

"Well, it's not that different from taking finals in junior high." Rainbow stated

"Really?" Spike asked.

"Who knows." she replied, making Spike face fault.

"Don't listen to Rainbow, Spike," Twilight said, "As long as you study hard and relax you'll do fine. Same for all of us."

"Twilight's absolutely right, darling. After all, we did well on our final exams in our freshman year, we can do it again this year." Rarity said, to brighten their moods.

"Well said, Rarity." Applejack smiled, and soon the others did as well.

"Yeah, otherwise if we don't pass we'll end up in..." Rainbow began, but Pinkie cried.

"No, Rainbow, don't say it!"

"Summer school?" Fluttershy asked, and Pinkie cried in pain.

"The horror!"

"Yeah, totally not awesome." Rainbow agreed.

"That's something I don't want to even consider." Spike said.

"Who does?" Rainbow asked.

"Look, let's just all try and relax and promise that this week we'll focus only on our finals." Twilight suggested.

"I agree." Rarity nodded.

"Well then, hands in." Applejack said, as the seven put their hands in, and made their promise.

And so since then, they all were hard at work studying for their finals. Each of them had their own study methods, like Twilight using basic notes and stud sessions, just like Spike. Pinkie was using raps to study for math, Rarity was using outfits of famous people to study for history, Fluttershy was using some of the animals from the animal shelter to put on a play for her to study, and Applejack and Rainbow were quizzing each other.

And so a week had past, and on Friday morning everyone headed for school. As Twilight and Spike were about to go their separate ways for now the older sister spoke, "Nervous, Spike?"

"A little." he admitted.

"Just what remember what we've learned, stay focused, and you'll do fine." she comforted him.

"Thanks, Twi. I'll see you later." Spike said as they two went to their individual classes.

When Spike entered Mr. Discord's class, he sat with Puck and Featherweight, "Morning, guys."

"Morning, Spike." they greeted him.

"How're you guys feeling?" he asked.

"The finals are making my stomach churn." Puck adnswered.

"I feel perfectly fine," Featherweight admitted, "I made sure to put an extra bit of effort into studying."

"Well there's no turning back now." Puck noted.

"Right, so good luck to both of you." Spike told them.

"And you, my friend." Featherweight added.

Soon their teacher entered the room and went to his desk, "Good morning, class."

"Morning, Mr. Discord." they responded.

"Well my students it's been such a long week, but your final exams have finally come," the class looked at him with deadpan looks, as he continued, "Now I know you're all excited, but try to contain it. And remember this final exam will count for half your grade... But no pressure." he grinned, before handing the exam papers out to each student, "When you're finished, you may turn your papers over... Go!"

And so the students began taking the first of their final exams. As Spike looked through the questions, he cleared his head and started thinking back to his study sessions with Twilight. When he was cleared of all other thoughts, he started going through the questions as if the answers were coming to him. Once he finished the last question he turned his paper over and just sat quietly like the other finished students, until the remainder of the class was through.

Soon the last few students turned their papers over, and Discord saw they were all sitting quietly, "all right class pass your papers forward," The students did so, and when they all reached Mr. Discord's desk, he continued, "There, it wasn't so bad was it?" the students shook their heads as if slightly agreeing with him, while still feeling relieved the first half of the finals was over.

"Well this about concludes your time here. Proceed to your next classroom for the next half of the finals. Good luck to all of you." they took their leave, and headed for the next classroom.

As they walked the halls Puck spoke to Spike and Featherweight, "Whoa, man, I'm glad that parts over."

"You and me both." Spike agreed.

"How do you think you guys did?" Featherweight asked.

"I say I did well." Puck admitted.

"Same here, and you?" Spike asked their smarter friend.

"Couldn't have done better."

"Well here's hoping we can do the same for the rest of the exams." Puck said, as they headed for the next classroom.

For the rest of the day, they continued with their final exams, until the day was one. Spike met up with Twilight and the girls as they left the school building. Once outside, they all let out a sigh of relief, "Well, glad that's over with." Applejack said in relief.

"All the butterflies in my stomach are gone now." Fluttershy admitted.

"How long does it take for everyone's finals to be graded?" Spike asked.

"We should get our final results in the mail by Monday our last day." Twilight answered.

"We'll worry about our final grades till then. For now let's get out of here." Rainbow suggested, and they all headed off.

The group spent the weekend relaxing after such a long week of studying, knowing next week would be where they get their final grades and would be their last day. When Monday came, each student was being given an envelope containing their final grades. Spike, Puck, and Featherweight gathered into a classroom, before opening their envelopes.

Puck looked at his grades and saw a mix of As and Bs with one C, "I passed!" he called.

"Me too!" Featherweight cheered, as he showed him his grades which were composed of As and Bs.

"So did I!" Spike cheered, as he showed them his grades which were mostly Bs with a few As.

"We did it, guys!" Puck cheered, as the three did a high five.

While in another room, the girls had checked their final grades, and saw they all passed as well, with Twilight having all As, Rarity having mostly Bs, Pinkie and Fluttershy had both As and Bs, and finally Applejack and Rainbow Dash had Bs and two Cs, "All right!" they cheered.

After school, everyone was cleaning out their lockers for the Summer. Once all the lockers were cleaned they were all taking their leave. While Spike met up with the girls, "Hey, girls."

"Hi Spike." they greeted him.

"Ok, so how'd you do?" Twilight asked.

"See for yourself." Spike showed her his grades.

"Spike, these are wonderful. Mom and dad will be proud!" Twilight smiled.

"And I know they will for you just as they always are." Spike smiled back.

"Come on, you guys. Let's get out of here." Rainbow said, as they started heading out.

As they walked through the halls past the other students, Principal Celestia's door opened up, and their principal peeked out seeing them, "Just a moment, please. Would you seven step into my office for a bit?"

The seven looked to each other hoping nothing bad was happening. They entered the office, as Celestia sat at her desk, "Is something wrong, ma'am?" Twilight asked.

"Whatever it is, we didn't do it!" Rainbow pleaded.

Celestia chuckled, "Take it easy, no one's in trouble."

"So then why call us in here?" Applejack asked.

"First of all congratulations on passing your finals," the principal began, "Second of all I'm glad to see you all had such a wonderful school year. Especially you, Spike."

"Me?" the Freshman asked.

"Yes. Twilight did mention ahead of time you would eventually be attending C.H.S. Twilight is not only one of our school best students, but a very close one to me. And anyone close to her I consider close as well. Including you. To see how well you've enjoyed your first year makes me feel relieved, and I hope that you have an even better second year come next semester."

"Hey, with friends like Twi and them I know next year's gonna be better." Spike smiled at his sister and the girls.

"And with Spike sticking with us, we're sure as well gonna have a better year too." Applejack added, while putting an arm around Spike.

"But until then, we're gonna have ourselves an awesome Summer." Rainbow put in.

Celestia smiled, "See that you all do. And I'll see you come next semester."

"Bye." they bid the principal a farewell before leaving the office.

As they continued down the hall they saw many of the other teachers bidding them farewell. When they passed Mr. Discords room the teacher spoke up, "Have a good summer everyone. I'll see you next year."

"Thanks, Mr. Discord." they answered, and continued on.

As they passed the entrance to the gym, Coach Iron Will spoke up, "Private Spike!" Spike froze ,and the girls watched him turn to face who coach, who had a proud look on this face, "Never thought I'd say this, but I think I did the impossible I whipped you into shape. You learned well, soldier."

"Thanks, Coach Iron Will." Spike thanked him like a soldier.

"Carry on." the coach finished as he and Spike saluted each other, before the boy left with the girl.

Once they stepped outside the school, they saw Twistin', "Hey, Spike!" he called.

'Twistin'!" Spike cheered as the two fist bumped, "So I guess I'll see you and the rest of the club next year?"

"Damn right. But until then we got us summer to relax," Twistin' noted, "So expect another guys night."

"Wouldn't miss it." Spike smirked, while the girls rolled their eyes.

"Well see ya around." Twistin' headed off.

Spike walked back over to the girls, as Rainbow spoke to the younger boy, "Well Spike, Freshman year is over. You survived and now you're a step ahead of the new students next year."

"How does it feel?" Applejack asked.

"It feels amazing," Spike said, "You know I actually did think I was gonna be having a lousy first year, but you girls, Twistin', Vinyl, Puck, Featherweight, and everyone make Freshman year seem like a great time. So thanks girls."

"You're very welcome." Rarity said as she hugged Spike, and soon all the other girls joined her.

Once their hug broke, Pinkie called, "Well come on everyone! Summer's here, and we're gonna party!" she cheered, as the others joined her by throwing their backpacks up into the air with joy. They all started walking off away from the school building, as Spike voice let out a narration.

'And so that was my Freshman year. It turned out better than I could've imagined it. And with my sister and all my closest friends I know things will continue to be looking up even in the most difficult of times. And now that summer's here, I'm gonna live it up like there's no tomorrow. And you know why, because I'm Spike. A once Freshman who thought the high school world was gonna bring me down, but now a man who conquered his blues.'

Author's Note:

And that's the end for now. Be looking out for the exciting sequel taking place during the summer where Spike and the girls are bound to have even more exciting adventures and fun. See you until then.

Comments ( 14 )

I realy like this story can't wait for the sequel

so... you're ending it without even addressing the Rainbow Spike dilema

4453816 My sequel will pick up where it left off. It's all not over yet. I just felt the Summer break deserved it's own fic

I feel like you started this thinking it could be a lot longer and deeper. If this was your intention, don't be ashamed, this happens to me all the time.:pinkiesad2:

If this wasn't the case then CONGRATULATIONS! :pinkiehappy: You have successfully suckered me in for a sequel. Assmuncher. :scootangel:

This was a nice story and I can't wait to see what else you have planned.

And you know why, because I'm Spike. A once Freshman who thought the high school world was gonna bring me down, but now a man who conquered his blues.'

I thought this line was brilliant for some reason.

I enjoyed the story and can't wait for the sequel. I have so many hopes to see in the sequel, but can't begin to state them all. Thank you for writing this story and sharing it with the community.

5011886 Yes, he basically saw her in the buff when he unintentionally grabbed her towel off

More to come
More to read
And more shipping

5012068 and boom his eyes exploded

Read to the 'Christmas Confessions' chapter and I like it. However, I feel it could stand some improving in the detail department. Like in the first chapter, when Spike is walking to school and inside, there's no indication on what he's thinking or feeling in those moments. Or in the freshman fair chapter when Rarity kisses him at the kissing booth, you could go into detail on what happened exactly (like how his body reacted when it happened orif she kissed him on the lips or the cheek.). That's just me though.

On the chapter 'Guys Night,' nice 'Seinfeld' reference. (The only thing you missed, but would've been a nice touch, was the line "You're not in the mood?! Well, you Get in the mood!")

nicely done!:moustache:

That was a not-bad story.

Finally! I read your first ever story on FiMFiction.

And I was not disappointed!

Login or register to comment