• Published 22nd Nov 2013
  • 9,190 Views, 121 Comments

Freshman Blues - Wildcard25



Spike has begun high school and hopes he'll fit in before the high school world eats him alive

  • ...
16
 121
 9,190

Up at the Cabin

Out on the road, Shining Armor was driving an RV with Cadence in the passenger seat. While in the back was Spike, Twilight, and their whole crew along with Neira. Just as Spike told Rarity, Twilight told them of Shining and Cadence's idea of wrapping up Spring Break with a trip to their family cabin by the lake.

"Oh this is gonna be so awesome!" Rainbow cheered.

"Cool your jets, girl. We're not even there yet." Applejack calmed her.

"Can't be much farther." Featherweight deduced.

"I can't wait to hit the beach." Scootaloo said in excitement.

"You and me both." Puck agreed.

Shining spoke while driving, "Just remember to behave yourselves, guys. Cadence and I are responsible for all of you."

"We known, Shining." Twilight replied.

"Hey, thanks again for doing this for us." Spike added.

"Well, we all needed a break." Cadence admitted.

"Plus the end of the semester is almost upon us, we need this before thinking about finals." Featherweight noted.

"Dude, don't say it." Spike warned him.

"Yeah, that's the last thing I want to think about now." Rainbow agreed.

"We're here." Shining called back.

"Yeah!" the teens cheered.

Shining parked the RV outside a cabin that had three floors and a few balconies. They all got out and unloaded their luggage before bringing them inside the place. The interior design of the cabin had the standard fireplace with wood, a bear skin rug, and moose head trophy. Upon seeing the rug and head trophy, Fluttershy looked ready to pass out, until Twilight calmed her.

"Relax, Fluttershy, they're not real."

"That doesn't make me any less shocked." she replied.

"All right guys, pick a room and get settled." Shining ordered.

And so they picked their room. Shining, Cadence, and Neira had one of the rooms upstairs. Spike, Puck, Featherweight, and Wild shared one. Among the girls two rooms were reserved for them and divided up five on one and six in another. In one room was Applejack, Rainbow, Rarity, Sweetie Belle, Applebloom, and Scootaloo. In the other was Twilight, Fluttershy, Muse, and Pinkie.

As the boys brought their luggage into their room they each claimed a bed with Spike and Puck grabbing the two beds closest to their room's balcony sliding screen, "Man, is this gonna be cool or what?" Puck asked as he plopped onto his bed.

"It's gonna be sweet." Wild admitted as he unloaded his bag.

As Spike kicked back he heard noises coming from his wall. He put his ear to it and gasped, "Of course, I almost forgot."

"Spike?" Featherweight wondered.

"You can hear what's going on in the next room where the girls are." Spike explained.

Wild and Puck ran from their beds to the wall and listened in along with Featherweight. From the other side they could hear the girls chatting.

"Is that what you're wearing at the beach, Rarity?" Applejack's voice came.

"Why of course. Do you think it's too much?"

"Well it's you."

"Why thank you."

"Ooh, I can't wait to get to the water I'm just gonna run and throw my arms around and cheer!" Pinkie cheered.

"This could come in handy." Wild whispered to the guys, who nodded.

Shining entered the room, "Hey, guys?" the four jumped at being startled before taking their ears away from the wall.

"What?!" they asked in shock.

"What're you guys doing?" Shining asked, confused at their jumpiness.

"Nothing." Spike answered, while pretending to have nothing to hide.

"Ok... Well everyone's getting ready to head for the beach, so get your stuff and be ready in thirty."

"We'll do that." Puck assured as the oldest left the four.

And so the boys got ready and came downstairs. Spike was dressed in purple trunks, Featherweight was in a blue pair, Puck was wearing a red pair, and Wild's were decorated in poker card images in a collage. They were each wearing unbuttoned shirts, and were carrying towels. Shining was waiting downstairs and was wearing a pair of dark blue trunks, and carried some supplies as well.

"When will the girls be done?" Featherweight asked.

"Rushing them in this field isn't a good thing." Spike noted.

"No kidding." Wild agreed.

Soon they looked up and saw the girls coming down with their own supplies, and in their swimwear.

Twilight was in a magenta tankini top with the bottoms being high waisted. Rainbow Dash was in a red, orange, and yellow mixture two piece with the top being bandeau and the bottoms being brazilian while posing athletically. Pinkie was in a hot pink two piece with the top being triangle and the bottoms being hipster. Rarity was wearing a white and purple two piece with the top being bandeau and her bottoms being brazilian, which Spike salivated over. Fluttershy was in a pale yellow one piece while standing with her legs crossed in modesty. Applejack was wearing an orange two piece with apple designs with the top being halter and the bottoms being high waisted. Sweetie Belle, Applebloom, and Scootaloo were each in a one piece with Sweetie's being a mix of pink and white, Scoots being orange, and Applebloom's being yellow. Muse was in a halter with a skirted bottom colored rose pink with black flower patterns. Cadence was in a two piece colored pink and red with the top being underwire and the bottoms being hipster. Finally Neira was in a little bluish one piece with frilly sides.

Naturally, Spike, Wild, Featherweight, and Puck were ecstatic to see how gorgeous the girls looked, and were eager to see them out on the beach, "Everyone ready?" Twilight asked the boys.

"All set, Twi." Spike answered.

"Then let's go." Rainbow said, and they all headed out.

So they left the cabin and headed to the beach area preoccupied by other spring breakers. Once they found a spot, they set up their things with laying their blankets down on the sand. Spike stretched his arms, "Now this is a beautiful day to be here."

"Ya got that right." Applejack agreed.

"Well I know where I'm going first!" Pinkie beamed as she ran for the water.

"Hey Pinkie, wait up!" Rainbow called, as she raced after her.

"Come on, girls." Applebloom said, as she and her friends followed.

"Let's go, boys!" Puck said as he, Spike, and Featherweight went for the water.

As they went for the water, Applejack was kicking back in the shade while guzzling some fizzy apple cider, while Twilight was next to her reading a book. Fluttershy was collecting shells and Rarity was tanning. As Cadence was bringing Neira to the shallow part of the shore so she could stand in the water Shining was starting up the barbecue.

Soon the group came out of the water, and joined the others for some barbecue. As Spike sat next to Rarity and Rainbow, he noticed all the shells Fluttershy collected, "That's a lot of shells, Fluttershy."

"You think so? Well I collected them because they would make good additions to some of the animal shelters aquariums."

"And I'm sure the aquatic animals there will love them, darling." Rarity agreed.

"Here ya go guys. Nice and hot." Shining said as he brought over a huge plate of BBQ foods.

"Oh this looks good." Puck said, as he grabbed a burger.

"And it'll taste even better." Rainbow added, as she took a hot dog.

As they all enjoyed lunch, Shining spoke, "You know we heard what happened at the Spring Fling, Spike."

"Did you now?" Spike asked.

"Yes, Twilight told us how you stood up to the principal's nephew." Cadence added.

"Hey, he was being a douche so I let him have it." Spike replied.

"I'm just glad you didn't get thrown out." Twilight replied.

"Hey one cup of spilled punch is nothing compared to the stuff Blueblood said about Rarity, and who knows what he thought about all of you."

"That's our Spike always looking out for us." Rainbow said, as she playfully punched his shoulder.

"Well what you should be looking out for is finals." Twilight warned him.

"Not this again, Twi." he groaned.

"Spike, finals are inevitable."

"Yeah, but finals aren't the only thing I have to worry about."

"What do you mean?" Cadence asked.

"Our Hip-Hop club's having an end of the year competition, and Twistin's been drilling us into practicing harder. I think he's gonna be having me participate in it."

"Well hoo-wee, that sounds like an honor." Applejack said.

"Yeah, from one point of view, but it also means I got extra stuff to work on. That and finals, and I don't need any more reminders on either."

"Well, what you'll need is scheduling." Twilight replied.

"Right..." Spike answered dryly.

And so the group went back to having their fun. Soon after Spike finished helping Neira and Cadence build a sand castle, he was playing a game of volleyball with Rainbow, Scootaloo, and Applejack as his teammates, while on the other team was Puck, Pinkie Pie, Applebloom, and Sweetie Belle.

They were all giving their all, and as Applebloom got the ball over the net, Rainbow knocked the ball up, and Spike spiked it, giving him team a point, "That was awesome, Spike!" Rainbow high five Spike.

"That was a good shot yourself, Rainbow." Spike replied.

Soon the game was finished, with Spike and his team winning 5-4. As Spike took a drink from his cola, Rarity called over, "Oh, Spike."

Spike looked over to see Rarity lying down on her chest on a blanket. He went over to her and asked, "What's up, Rarity?"

"Spike, could you be a sweetheart and rub some sunblock on my back?" she looked up at him with a smile.

Spike started to blush and let out a pant, before getting himself together, "Sure, I'd love to."

So Spike was given a bottle of the stuff, and began lathering some of it in his hands. He brought his hands down on Rarity's back and began moving them around in a fashion, making sure to get all of her back covered. Rarity moaned, "Ooh, Spike, that feels absolutely marvelous!"

Spike blushed, and replied, "Well, I'm glad you're feeling comfortable."

As soon as Spike finished with covering Rarity's back with sunblock, he sat down next to her, but suddenly Rainbow Dash spoke up, "Hey Spike, how about rubbing some of that on me?"

"Yeah, me too partner?" Applejack asked.

"Ooh, and me!" Pinkie finished.

"Huh, why don't you three do that to each other?" Spike asked, while glancing from Rarity to them.

"Because you got the magic hands." Pinkie answered with a smile.

Spike was still cautious, but saw Rarity looked as if it wasn't bothering her, "Well go on, Spike. You shouldn't keep ladies waiting."

"Uh, sure." Spike answered, as he took the bottle and got behind Rainbow Dash before rubbing it on her back.

As Spike did so, Rainbow moaned, "Oh, yeah. That hits the spot, Spike."

Spike blushed, but remembered to keep a cool and clear head. When he was finished with Rainbow, he moved over to Applejack who received the same treatment, "Ooh, that does feel good." Applejack panted.

"Well, glad you like it, A.J." Spike admitted, while he himself mentally enjoyed doing it.

When he finished Applejack, Pinkie pulled him over and lied down on her chest waiting for him. When Spike's hands came in contact with her back, she giggled, "Careful, Spike, I'm ticklish!"

"Sorry." Spike said as he still did what she wanted him to do.

Once he was finished, he sighed in relief before going back over to Rarity to enjoy himself. Suddenly Puck spoke up, "Hey guys, I got a great idea."

"What is it, Puck?" Applebloom asked.

"Let's bury Spike in the sand."

"What?" Spike gasped.

"That sounds neat." Rainbow smirked.

"And funny." Pinkie agreed.

"Oh, dear." Fluttershy gasped.

"Hey-hey, don't I get a say in this?" Spike asked.

"Grab him!" Puck ordered, as they all grabbed Spike and brought him over to the sand.

"Come on, hold him still!" Rainbow ordered.

"Let me go, you fools! Let me go!" Spike demanded as he struggled.

And so they all started burying him in the sand, and the next thing Spike was buried in the sand with his head sticking out of the sand like a daisy. They all posed next to Spike as Cadence took a picture, "That was a good laugh." Featherweight chuckled with Sweetie Belle.

"Har-har, now can ya dig me out of here?" Spike asked.

Suddenly Puck looked over and saw a vendor selling ice cream, "Hey let's go get some ice cream." he suggested and they all agreed.

They got up, while Spike called, "Hey guys, don't leave me here!"

"Don't worry we'll be right back." Pinkie assured him.

"We'll get you your favorite, Spike, just stick around here." Twilight added, while Rainbow laughed at her choice of words, before they headed to the vendor.

"Guys!" he called, but knew they weren't going to be back until they got their ice cream, "Well it can't get any worse," he said sarcastically, until he looked over and saw a crab waddling in his direction, "I hate Murphy's law!" he grumbled, but saw it was still waddling over, "Guys! Guys, come over here!" he cried, and began blowing at the crab hoping it would divert it from its path towards him. He started sweating thinking he was gonna get crab pinched, until Fluttershy who came back picked the crab up and sent it waddling in a different direction away from Spike.

"There we go." she said.

"Fluttershy, you are a life saver." he answered.

"You're welcome." she smiled.

"Now how about digging me out of here? My whole body is starting to fall asleep."

"Sure." Fluttershy answered, as she started digging Spike out.

By the time, Fluttershy finished digging Spike out of the sand, the others came back with ice cream, "Nice to see you out of the sand, Spike." Puck said.

"Yeah, no thanks to any of you." Spike shot back.

"Sorry. You want your ice cream?" Twilight offered him his cone.

"Yeah, just as soon as I wash all this sand off." Spike said, as he went to the water and soaked his body into the further end so all the sand would wash off.

As the day came to and, end they all went back to the cabin. They were all around the fireplace that was burning bright, as the radio was playing, and were munching on pizza they ordered from the closest take out, "I still can't believe a crab almost waddled up to you." Rainbow chuckled at Spike.

"It wouldn't have if you guys didn't leave me. Luckily, Fluttershy came back and stopped it." Spike said, in annoyance.

"We're really sorry, Spike." Twilight apologized.

"Well the point is I got out of there in time." Spike admitted.

"Yeah, so let's kick back and enjoy the rest of the night, huh?" Puck asked, as he was sitting on the floor with his back up against a wall, before eating a slice.

Suddenly the radio's next song came on playing Forever Young, which got Spike's attention, "Oh yeah, I love this song!' he got up and went to the center of the room, "Rarity?" he offered his hand.

"Yes?"

"Come on, get over here." he said.

"Oh." Rarity gasped, and blushed as she joined Spike. The two started dancing, until Shining offered Cadence his hand, which she accepted and they joined the two. Eventually Featherweight offered his hand to Sweetie Belle, who accepted, and Wild offered his hand to Muse who took it.

Puck looked and saw Neira was looking longing to be out there, and smiled, "Ok, come here you little rascal." he picked her up and began dancing with her, as she giggled.

Rainbow Dash watched Spike dance with Rarity, before smirking. She stood up and slid over, "Cutting in." she said, as she took Spike's hand, and the two began dancing together.

Thinking Rainbow got more than enough time to dance with Spike, Applejack slid in, "Beg pardon." she took Spike's hand, and the two were dancing just like they did at her cousin's wedding. Soon the rest of the girls just went to the floor and danced around just for the fun, until they danced themselves out.

Later the boys were in their room playing cards, with Wild as always besting them, "Read em and weep boys." Wild collected his winnings.

"This stinks." Puck grumbled.

"Yeah, I lost a good chunk of my allowance." Featherweight sighed.

"So then what else do you guys wanna do?" Wild asked.

Spike looked around and smirked as he grabbed a pillow off his bed and threw it at Puck who didn't see it coming, "Hey!"

Spike smirked, "That was for you suggesting to everyone to bury me in the sand."

"Oh, so that's how you wanna play, huh?" Puck asked as he grabbed a pillow off his bed and threw it in Spike's direction.

Spike however dodged, and the pillow nailed Wildcard. Puck's eyes widened seeing he didn't get his designated target. Wild looked around before announcing, "Pillow fight!" and so the boys started grabbing pillows from their beds and started pummeling each other with them, sending feathers flying everywhere. As the boys continued their attack on each other, they were unaware of the girls watching from their open doorway.

When the boys finally felt as if they were being watched, they stopped and looked at the doorway seeing the girls watching them. They realized their situation and that they were also covered in pillow feathers making them look like mutant chickens, "Please, don't stop on our account." Rainbow joked.

"No, this is not what it looks like." Featherweight reasoned.

"We're just uh..." Puck tried to find an excuse.

"Testing to see how strong our pillows were." Spike spoke up.

Going along with it, Wild spoke, "Yeah, darn cheap pillows."

"Right," Twilight said dryly, "Well if you boys are done killing yourselves, you wanna see something worth seeing?"

"Uh, sure." they answered.

"Then come on." Twilight said, as the boys followed the girls out to the balcony.

They looked up and saw the sky filled up with stars, and the moon glowing brightly with its reflection casting off the lake they could see in the distance, "Wow." Puck gasped.

"Now this is a sight." Spike gasped.

"Oh, yeah." Applebloom agreed.

"It's beautiful." Sweetie Belle smiled.

"Sure is." Featherweight agreed as he held her hand, making her blush.

"I'd say this has been a great Spring Break, hasn't it?" Spike asked the group.

"It has." Twilight agreed.

"And it's better because we got to spend it together." Pinkie added.

"Uh-huh." Applejack nodded.

Spike smiled, until he felt himself get pulled closer. He looked up and saw Rarity had her arm wrapped around his head making him lean into her. He smiled as he enjoyed it, until she started stroking his hair to make him relax more. He knew deep down he was truly gonna remember this Spring Break for the rest of his life.