• Published 25th Nov 2013
  • 5,713 Views, 187 Comments

The Heroes of Olympus: The Other End of the Pit - Surprise Pie



At the end of Rick Riordan's The Heroes of Olympus, Book 3: The Mark of Athena, Percy and Annabeth confronted their fate and dropped down to Tartarus to shut the Doors of Death from the inside, but what if they accidentally crossed the line?

  • ...
15
 187
 5,713

Chapter 9 - The war begins. -Twilight

It's been four months since Percy and Annabeth arrived, the Pony-Changleing Treaty was put into full effect, and Jetstream returned to power. While peace and prosperity had increased since Changelings started popping up everywhere, Twilight, Percy, Annabeth, and Jetstream had all been paying close attention to Chrysalis and Sombra's progression. Kronos' power was increasing every day and Jetstream estimated that he'd be ready to take form within the next two weeks. In the meantime, progress was becoming very visible on Percy and Annabeth's future home, which was nearing completion and, being ahead of schedule, would be ready in three weeks' time. The two demigods-turned-ponies took the time to make themselves a place in Equestria's newly reformed society. With the incorporation of the Treaty, Changelings became frequently seen in many communities, including Ponyville. With a couple thousand ponies and no less than four dozen Changelings populating the town, each coming from a variety of hives, though Dianthia's was prominent.

The population welcomed Jetstream with openness only known to the inhabitants of Equestria. Many elderly ponies recalled old legends about her and historians all over Equestria and neighboring countries came to Canterlot to ask her about the past, so that they may correct the history books. Twilight herself learned a great deal more about magic thanks to her new colleague. Their respective daughters and their five friends had yet to find their cutie marks, but they never deterred. With Screwball and Nyx lending a supernatural hoof, the seven Crusaders had taken their crusades to a whole new level of crazy. Discord seemed to take immense pleasure in helping the seven foals put together such stunts, much to Screwball's pleasure.

In fact, in the past four months alone, Discord had become a completely different kind of person. His demeanor was more delicate, more polite, even though he stirred up the occasional batch of chaos, which Jetstream always made sure he cleaned up when he was done. Becoming a father obviously had something to do with it, as did reuniting with Jetstream.

*This must be how Discord was like before he went crazy. He's definitely more pleasant now.* Twilight had pondered.

Cadence and Shining Armor were also glowing with happiness. Cadence was now six months into her pregnancy and it was easily visible. The couple had also chosen to keep the foal's gender and type a surprise.

Percy had started fretting over not hearing from his human friends in a while, before Annabeth reminded him that even though it had already been four months in Equestria, only two or three days had gone by in their world. Both demigods had gotten used to their pony forms and had even found themselves a place in Ponyville's society. Percy had joined the weather team and specialized in the manipulation of rainclouds, and Annabeth began designing architecture for the township. Mayor Mare seemed very pleased by Annabeth's designs, and was working around the clock with all of Ponyville's very best builder ponies to make those designs happen.

Twilight herself had been incredibly busy preparing for the imminent war, dealing with ambassadors from various regions of Equestria to set up defenses, and administrating the Changeling Affairs Bureau to make sure things went smoothly. She also worked alongside Shining Armor to provide the Royal Guard and Equestrian Army as much information and help as possible to recognize and defeat enemy changelings, as well as, thanks to Percy and Annabeth's experience in the field, monsters from Tartarus. Any free time she had was strictly reserved to spending quality family time with Nyx and Spike, as well as her Ponyville friends, whom she considered to be extended family.

Jetstream had provided a special training method for more crucial types of missions.

"In Altur'Rang exists a special room completely cut off from the outside world. I call it the Chamber of Illusion. The Chamber takes the appearance of one's will and whatever happens in it according to that same individual's will. With somepony to oversee the training going on in the room, we could use it to train the military in combat and in tactical missions as well." Shining had immediately put the chamber to the test, with highly satisfying results.

Twilight was on her way to meet Shining to check on the last preparations for the war, when the sound of swords clashing caught her attention. Following the noise, Twilight found a small crowd of guards spectating a swordplay duel between Percy and Shining Armor. Shining's royal guard sword held firm by his magic grip, and Percy's bronze pen-sword stuck between his clamped jaws. The two stallions stood still for a moment, then Shining charged. Percy deflected or dodged each attack and responded with blows of his own, before backing away. The demigod pegasus used his wings as well as his hooves to move around. The two seperated for a moment, and Percy feinted left, causing Shining to flinch. Taking the opening, Percy battered the Captain's sword out of his magic grip and stuck the blade hilt-deep in Shining's side. Guards all around gasping, Shining simply staring with a look of surprise.

"You got me." he said, as Percy retracted his bronze sword and sheathed it. Not a mark was left where Percy's sword had pieced the older stallion's side.

"Demigod training helps, and just being a demigod has a part in there too."

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked.

"I'm surprised Annabeth never told you. We demigods are hardwired for battle, so our reflexes and instincts kick in pretty hard in combat. The rest is basic training that I've picked up on since I've lived at Camp Half-Blood. The pony body took some getting used to, and my teeth, neck, and jaw were really sore from the first few workouts, but now I can fight almost as well as I could as a human."

A guard approached Percy.

"If I may ask, how was it that your blade left no mark on Captain Shining Armor?"

Percy drew his sword and jabbed the guard on the nose, the blade sinking into his face harmlessly. The guard simply stared at the blade buried in his muzzle.

"Tell me, do you feel anything? Obviously not. Riptide is made of Celestial Bronze, a sacred metal that only works on immortal creatures, like gods or monsters, but not mortals. I could injure Twilight or myself with this sword, but not you or Shining. That's because Twilight's an Alicorn, meaning she's got immortal blood in her veins now, and I'm a demigod, so I have some too. Mortal weapons don't work on immortals, but they do on demigods as well, 'cause we're part mortal, part immortal. Shining's sword would do the same to Twilight as Riptide could do to Shining, get it?"

The guard nodded. "I think so. So how are we supposed to defeat the monsters from Tartarus if we don't have weapons like yours?"

Shining stepped forward.

"Princess Jetstream and Princess Luna are working on a duplication spell to work on Riptide to recycle the Celestial Bronze and create a proper armory of the stuff. As far as I know, it's working for now. Anyway that's all for today, you are all dismissed." he added, and the troops left the area.

"I'm guessing you're not just here to spectate swordplay, Twily. Spit it out." said Shining as he turned to his sister.

"I came to check on the troops' preparations for the war."

Shining sighed and said:

"Well we're as ready as we'll ever be. I know Jetstream's trying her hardest to locate Sombra and Chrysalis before Kronos can reform, but she can't seem to get a lock on them. No extra amount of training's gonna help us now, so I'm letting the troops off easy for until the war begins. Even with experienced fighters like Percy or Annabeth, we'll be hard-pressed to beat them."

"If only I still had the Curse of Achilles on me, we'd win this pretty easy." Percy said.

"The Curse of Achilles? What's that?"

"Annabeth probably told you about Achilles, right?" Twilight nodded, "Well the Curse is the gift that was his own. You become physically invulnerable at the cost of your stamina, and of one simple weak spot. Mine was in the small of my back. I had to take the Curse to be able to fight Kronos, and Luke Castellan, Kronos' mortal host, had to take it to bear the Titan's essence. To get it, you have to get a blessing from a parent, and then think of what really grounds you to mortal life, like a loved one, and to bathe in the River Styx with that ground as your lifeline. All-in-all a painful and generally non-recommended process. I had to give up the Curse to enter Camp Jupiter and get away from a pair of bloodthirsty gorgons." Percy paused for a moment.

"But I am wondering, will these Celestial Bronze copies work on monsters? And would they work on Changelings? Because we won't be fighting just monsters, you know." he continued.

"I'm not sure. It'd be best to ask Jetstream about it, she'd probably know something. Last I saw her she was with Luna in the Lunar Gardens." said Twilight.

The walk was short, but it was still plenty enough time for Twilight to reflect on Percy's words. Changelings could definitely pose a problem if Celestial Bronze didn't work on them, as the troops would have to carry weapons of both types of weapons. On the other hoof, there was no guarantee that the sacred metal's copies would function on immortals like the original could.

They hadn't even reached the entrance to the Lunar Gardens when they crossed paths with the Princess of the Moon.

"Twilight, Shining Armor, Percy. What a pleasant surprise." Luna said, a warm smile on her face. "Looking for something?"

"In fact, yes. We're looking for Jetstream, and also we need one of the copies you made of Riptide, Percy's sword." said Twilight.

The Lunar Alicorn's horn shimmered a silvery light and a sword identical to Riptide gently sailed through the air before stopping between the two Alicorns. The magical aura surrounding the blade turned from silver to violet as Twilight took hold of the weapon, carefully placing it in a scabbard and attaching the latter to her saddlebags.

"Princess Jetstream has returned to Altur'Rang for the time being. If you're looking for her, you'll find her there." Luna added, before continuing on her way.

"Well that settles that. Alright everypony gather close, and brace yourselves." said Twilight.

A brilliant purple flash obscured her vision for a second before the three of them found themselves in the square of a small town. Ponies all around stopped in their tracks to see what was going on, only to cheer as they recognized the Princess of Magic, and continue in their daily routines.

As the trio made their way towards Mt. Crystal, under which Altur'Rang was built, they came across a small flower boutique. Twilight immediately stopped and said:

"While we're in Whitetail Meadows we should drop by and visit Lavender and Cogs. I owe them a visit anyway." The two stallions nodded and followed her inside.

A foal could be heard crying as a mare's voice called out:

"Just a minute, I'll be right with you!"

*Lavender must be having a hard time tending her shop and caring for Dandelion at the same time when Cogs isn't around...* Twilight thought.

A few minutes later, the crying stopped, and a mint-colored mare with a purple mane came stumbling out of a door behind the counter. The expression on her face changed from fatigue, to surprise, to joy.

"Twilight! What a pleasant surprise! I don't suppose you came to buy anything did you?" said Lavender Dreams.

"Not in the slightest, Lavender. We were just in the area and I thought I'd drop by for a visit." Twilight explained.

"Well it's about time I take a break anyway." Lavender said, her foal-sized horn glowing faintly as the "Open" sign flipped around to "Closed".

"If you'd all follow me, I'll set you up in the living room and make some tea." she said.

A few minutes later, Percy, Twilight and Shining were all comfortable seated in cozy armchairs around a low coffee table, and across from Twilight, sat Lavender on a large sofa, cradling with her forelegs a small foal swaddled in a deep blue blanket.

"Dandelion's grown a lot since last time." Twilight remarked.

"Well it has been almost half a year since you last saw her. But tell me, who are your bodyguards? They haven't spoken since you got here."

Twilight looked at Shining and said:

"Well they're not exactly my bodyguards. This is my brother, Shining Armor, Captain of the Royal Guard."

"A pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Dreams." he added.

"I've heard about you. The royal wedding in Canterlot a couple years ago, or the whole Crystal Empire thing. I must say it's a pleasure to meet you too, Captain." Lavender turned her attention to Percy, "And you are?"

Percy cleared his throat.

"I'm, uh, not a Royal Guard. My name's Percy, I'm just a friend of Twilight's."

"Do you know about the two demigod ponies who arrived four months ago?" Twilight asked Lavender.

"I've heard rumors, and Cogs told me a little more about them after returning from a meeting in Canterlot, something about the Changeling Affairs Bureau? Anyway he had told me about how two creatures called demigods had come to Equestria. I'm certain you know more about this Twilight?"

Twilight chuckled.

"News certainly travels fast. As a matter of fact I do know more. Percy here happens to be one of the two demigods in question. His marefriend, the other demigod, is a unicorn named Annabeth."

"Well I'm not surprised you'd be the first to know them personally. Oh, and before I forget my manners, I may as well introduce myself. My name is Lavender Dreams, and this little filly here is my daughter Dandelion Dreams. Her father, and my husband, a Changeling named Zevan, or Whirring Cogs as he likes to call himself, is out helping the neighbors with a problem in their plumbing system. He'll probably be back within the hour."

As Lavender predicted, a gray pegasus with an electric blue mane made his entrance a few dozen minutes later. He was quickly introduced to Percy and Shining by Twilight, and filled in on the latest news concerning the war.

"... and that's where we currently stand. As far as we can tell, Chrysalis and Sombra are probably going to attack in two weeks' time." concluded Shining Armor.

"With all that I forgot to ask you, what brings you to Whitetail Meadows in the first place?" asked Lavender, who had passed Dandelion to Twilight to hold for a while.

"We're on our way to Mt. Crystal. One of our friends is waiting for us there." Percy explained.

"Would I be correct in assuming that that friend is none other than Princess Jetstream?" asked Cogs.

"The one and only. Do you know her?" said Twilight.

"We sure do. Lavender and I were visiting her sister, Tigerlily Dreams, when we first met. Jetstream immediately recognized me as a Changeling, and I her. Apparently her daughter and Lily's are good friends."

"Screwball and Wildrose. Yeah those two and my own daughter, Nyx are an inseparable trio. Along with their four other friends, they're known for causing all kinds of trouble back in Ponyville." commented Twilight.

Lavender laughed and said:

"Anyway Jetstream invited us over for dinner that evening. Her palace under Mt. Crystal is huge. Luckily she was waiting for us at the entrance to guide us to the dining room. As it turns out, Jetstream is an excellent cook. She let me borrow some of her recipes and they're just great. Cogs especially likes the fish fillet I got out of the book she gave me."

"I wouldn't expect any less from Jetstream. She has been living on her own for two thousand years, after all." said Percy.

Cogs nodded.

"True enough. And when we were headed back home, Jetstream told us that we were welcome anytime. The entrance would be open if either she or her daughter was home, and that if we needed to find her, we just had to follow the music. I'm still not sure what that meant, but when I went back a few weeks ago, the entrance was open, and I found Wildrose and Screwball just sitting in the living room with their friends, talking." he added.

"We were looking for Jetstream because of some of the weapons we made to fight the monsters of Tartarus in the upcoming war." Percy said, "You see, immortal creatures like monsters or gods, or in this world, Alicorns, aren't affected by mortal weapons, so we need weapons that can injure and even kill immortals. Back in my world there are three metals that I know of that can do that: Celestial Bronze, Stygian Iron, and Imperial Gold. My sword, Riptide, is made of Celestial Bronze."

"Fascinating..." commented Cogs. "And I'm guessing Jetstream has a spell up her sleeve to duplicate your sword?"

"Exactly. The thing is, we're not sure if the copies will work like the original. Let me demonstrate."

Percy drew Riptide and brought it to Lavender.

"Don't worry. Even though these metals harm immortals, they just pass through mortals, without leaving a mark. Try it." he added, passing the sword to Lavender, who gripped it with her magic.

Turning the sword's point towards her stomach, Lavender eased the blade closer, until a good three inches of it stuck in her belly. The mare giggled.

"This is so weird. I don't feel anything!" She pushed the blade hilt-deep through her stomach, the tip of Riptide sticking out of her back. Cogs simply stared, wide-eyed at the spectacle.

"Of course not. You're mortal, so Celestial Bronze won't do a thing to you. What surprises me more is how the Mist doesn't seem to exist in Equestria." Percy replied.

"The Mist? Annabeth told me about it. How do you know it doesn't exist in Equestria?" asked Twilight.

"If it did, Shining, Lavender, and Cogs would all have seen Riptide in pen form, despite the fact that it's been in sword form ever since Rarity made this scabbard for me. Like Annabeth probably told you, the Mist is a magical veil that separates the mortal and immortal worlds. It's this kind of magic that makes mortals see things differently from what they really are, because their brains wouldn't be able to handle it. No offense, by the way." the demigod pegasus explained.

"In my opinion, the best way to find out whether the copies work is to try it out." said Cogs.

Twilight nodded and unsheathed the duplicate sword, exchanging it with Riptide, which Lavender was still holding. The mint-colored mare tapped the blade with a hoof, only for it to pass right through it. She then tried beheading herself with the copy, yielding the same results as the first time.

"Looks like the copy works the same as the original. But will it work on an immortal?" Lavender asked as she passed the sword back to Twilight, who touched the blade with a wing, confirming that she could indeed touch it.

"Our other dilemma was whether Celestial Bronze works on Changelings or not. With Chrysalis and Sombra working together, it wouldn't be a surprise to end up fighting whatever of her hive that is still loyal to her. What worries me though is the Changelings under Chysalis' mind control spell." admitted Percy.

"From what I hear, Jetstream and the Queens on our side have been working on a spell to free them. She said it involves breaking Chrysalis' hivemind and temporarily reconnecting it to Jetstream's, which is currently composed only of the Thunder Guard, Jetstream's personal Royal Guard corps. From there, Jetstream could sort out the ones still loyal to Chrysalis and disconnect them entirely, and winning us some extra troops along the way." explained Shining.

"That's exactly how the hivemind would work." said Cogs, "The way it's supposed to work is that each Queen has the minds of all of her subjects linked to her own, and can opt to disconnect a subject from the hivemind. Also, a Changeling who hasn't contacted the hivemind for a long enough period of time gets cut off automatically, like I did. The way Changeling Magic works is all about illusions and the power of the mind. The thing is, only the High Queen can re-connect subjects to the hivemind. The High Queen not only has a hivemind for her own hive, but also has a miniature hivemind connecting herself with the lesser Queens, and by extension all of their respective subjects. What puzzles me though is that they'd have Jetstream take control of Chrysalis' hivemind rather then High Queen Dianthia herself. After all, Jetstream isn't a Queen, much less a full-blooded Changeling."

"I remember in the old records something about Jetstream being a seventh, albeit honorary, Queen of the Changelings. The fact that she can sustain a hivemind of her own, even if it is only about fifty guards, should be enough to prove that she can manage what's left of Chrysalis' hive, even for only a short time." said Twilight.

Cogs stared for a minute, and said:

"Then everything should go fine in that regard. So you need a changeling test subject for your sword?" Twilight nodded. "I can help."

"Are you sure about this Cogs? I have to warn you: it's going to sting a little." Twilight warned.

"Go for it." the Changeling insisted, green flames enveloping his form as he returned to his default form.

"Alright then, brace yourself Zevan, this is gonna hurt."

The Changeling took a deep breath as Twilight took Riptide from Percy's scabbard and brought the point to Zevan's shoulder and pieced it about an inch deep. The Changeling gasped as the blade stuck through his flesh. A deep green liquid oozed out of the wound, but Twilight retrieved it and placed it into a vial she kept in her saddlebags.

"Yep!" he cried, "I can feel it! It hurts more than it should, too!"

Twilight immediately retracted the blade and passed it back to Percy, who sheathed it immediately. She then took the copy of the blade and approached Zevan again.

"This one's the copy, I'm going to poke you right next to the spot before." she warned.

"Okay, I'm ready." the Changeling replied.

Repeating the process, Twilight jabbed the sword into Zevan's shoulder, and the Changeling yelped, but said nothing. More green liquid flowing from the second wound. Twilight quickly retrieved it and stopped the Changeling's bleeding with magic, before returning the changeling blood to it's rightful place in Zevan's body and healing the two diamond-shaped gashes in his shoulder.

"Sorry to torture you like that, Zevan, but the tests are complete. Celesital Bronze works on Changelings. You can turn back into your pegasus form now." Twilight concluded.

A green flash later, Whirring Cogs stared at Twilight with a hint of venom in his eyes, while absently rubbing his shoulder with a wing.

"Glad I could help." he said. "But did you have to poke me so hard? That really didn't tickle you know."

Percy snickered.

"Consider yourself lucky that she didn't keep your blood to study it or something." the demigod said.

The whole group, save Twilight, burst out laughing. Surprisingly, Dandelion had remained asleep the whole time.

"Well, we'd better get going." announced Twilight, "We need to see Jetstream anyway to double check on the duplication spell's efficiency and to make sure everything's still good with the hivemind trick."

Lavender and Cogs followed them to the door, and as they left, Lavender called:

"You're all welcome to stop by anytime! Thanks for the visit!"

"And please don't bring swords next time!" Cogs added.

* * *

As Twilight, Percy and Shining arrived at the base of the mountain, the entrance to Altur'Rang became clearly visible. The doorway was large enough to let two well-built stallions like Shining walk side by side. The doorframe was lined with glowing runes in the Ancient Language.

"What do the runes say, Twilight?" Percy asked.

"It's in the Ancient Language, so I'll give you a rough translation.Here stands the Sanctuary under the Crystal Mountain. That's what it says. I remember Jetstream telling me that Altur'Rang mean Sanctuary in the Ancient Language. Anyway let's go in, and find the Princess of Lightning before it gets late. I want to be home to Nyx and Spike before it gets too dark." Twilight said.

As the trio made their way up the stairs, the ground quickly shifted from polished stone to crystal. Before long, music could be heard in the distance.

A/N: If you want to hear what Jetstream is playing, click here.
You can restart the song if it finishes before you reach the point where Jetstream stops playing.

"That tune sounds oddly familiar..." said Twilight.

"That's because it is. Remember the Royal Wedding?" asked Percy. "It's the "This Day Aria" Cadence and Chrysalis sang as a duet as you were on your way to interrupt the wedding before Chrysalis could take over Canterlot."

"How did you know that?" asked Shining.

"Remember how I said that back in my world, this world is just a fictional land in a children's television show? That wedding was one of the things that was put in an episode. Two in this case to be exact." said Percy.

"We'd better follow the music like Cogs said. That way we'll probably find Jetstream."

The three of them continued on their way, the music gradually becoming louder as they walked. Altur'Rang was an underground crystal maze for those who hadn't spent years living there. It took a few minutes for Twilight to orientate herself and pinpointing Jetstream's location. She'd been to Altur'Rang before, but it had been almost a year since then, and she had only visited the library in depth. Everything else was fuzzy in her mind.

After a few more minutes of walking, they'd reached a vast room with what was quite possibly the largest piano display Twilight had ever seen. At the base of it, sitting at a bench was something Twilight never thought she'd see again: a human being. A little closer of a look and Twilight realized that the human had wings, and her hairstyle and skin was identical to Jetstream's mane and coat. She wore a T-shirt of a slightly deeper color than her mane's blue, and silver jeans.

*That's Jetstream alright, but why did she adopt a human appearance?* Twilight

Her fingers moved wildly about the piano's keyboard as she continued playing, until she reached the end of her song and concluded it. Jetstream then got up and, without turning around, said:

"Got lost in the palace, did you? I would've finished playing sooner if you hadn't." she turned to face them.

"Uhh, Jetstream?" Percy stammered, "Why are you a human, with wings to boot?"

"Of all ponies who could ask me that, it had to be you, Percy? I'd think you'd be the first to understand how well these work." she answered, raising her right hand and wiggling her fingers.

"But nevertheless walking in this form is, shall I say... complicated? Honestly I only use it once in a while, usually here. Twilight gave me the idea when she returned from the human realm herself." she continued, resuming her default form and landing on all fours with a loud clunk.

Shaking herself out of her stupor, Twilight said:

"Anyway we came to check on your progress with the duplication spell. We already tested the copies and they do work on both immortals and Changelings."

"Well of course they would? I did say they were perfect copies, did I not? As for working on Changelings, the answer there is simple: Changelings, in a way, are like demigods. They are directly descended from creatures with immortal blood: The Changeling Queens. Not to mention the Changeling Race as a whole originated from one of the Principles of Creation: Optica, Lady of Illusion, who created Changeling Magic and herself became the first Changeling."

Twilight, Percy, and Shining were all dumbstruck.

*She's so relaxed and she knows so much... I don't understand how she can withhold so much knowledge like this and still keep a passive face.* Twilight thought.

"I don't withhold information, Twilight. I've simply had more time to read every book in Altur'Rang's library that you have. As for keeping a straight face, well, let's just say I've had two millennia to practice it. And before you say more, yes, I read your mind. It's a Changeling power after all."

Suddenly Jetstream went rigid, her ears twitching.

"Oh, no..."

"Jetstream, what's up? asked Percy, worried.

"It's Sombra and Chrysalis... They're attacking the Crystal Empire!"

"What!?" cried Shining, "But you said they wouldn't attack for another two weeks!"

"I said Kronos wouldn't rise in that time, Captain. Though I am surprised that Sombra didn't opt to wait for the Titan Lord to rise as he had planned to."

"Maybe he's confident that they could keep us busy long enough, and weaken us before Kronos arrives?" suggested Percy.

"Regardless their motives, we must intercept them." Jetstream declared.

She closed her eyes, and suddenly her voice sounded in all of their heads, despite her lips not moving as she spoke.

"Citizens of Equestria! It is I, the Princess of Lighting! The time we have been dreading is now upon us! King Sombra and Queen Chrysalis are mounting an attack against the Crystal Empire as I speak! We must intercept them as quickly as possible, therefore I must ask each and every last soldier in Equestria to ready themselves for departure! In two hours, I will cast a spell to bring all of our forces within the safety barrier of the Crystal Empire, where Celestial Bronze weapons will be given to you! These weapons are the only thing that can harm the monsters you've all been training for four months to kill. I repeat: You have two hours to ready yourselves, and you will be transported to the Crystal Empire by magical means. Make haste, for time is short."

Jetstream then turned to Twilight, and said:

"I need you and Percy to go to Ponyville and gather the Bearers of the Elements, as well as Annabeth, and to meet me in the private audience chamber in Canterlot Castle. Captain Shining Armor and I will go there directly and rally the Royal Guard and the Equestrian Army based in the city. Quickly, we don't have much time."

Twilight nodded, and Jetstream and Shining vanished in a flash of silver light.

"We'd better get moving too." said Percy, before Twilight teleported the both of them to Golden Oaks Library.

"You go find Rainbow, Applejack, and Fluttershy, I'll fetch the others. Like Jetstream said, time is short." Twilight said.

Percy nodded and flew off to Rainbow's cloud house.

*It's finally time to end this. I hope we don't lose too many forces. I'm terrified at the thought of Kronos rising here, from what Percy said, even Jetstream might not be able to beat him...*

Author's Note:

This too WAAAAAAAAAAAY too long to write, but at last, it is here!

Credit to Goldfur for Whitetail Meadows, Lavender Dreams, Whirring Cogs/Zevan, and Dandelion Dreams.

Also credit to the YouTube user SuperFlameboy12 for the This Day Aria piano theme, and to Hasbro/Lauren Faust (obviously) for all things MLP, and Rick Riordan for all things Percy Jackson.

Not sure when Chapter 10 will be ready, but I've got some ideas. I'm also taking suggestions for it!