• Published 21st Nov 2013
  • 750 Views, 4 Comments

The Death of Princess Celestia - Writingmare



Princess Celestia sets off to fight a darkness that is threatening all of Equestria.

  • ...
7
 4
 750

Twilight and Chaos

The bright light took a brief second to fade, as Twilight's eyes began to adjust. She could hear voices in the distance getting closer to where she was. Twilight rushed towards the closest object that was near her, which happened to be an old pillar.

Two unicorn approached, one a young mare and another an old stallion; the two were arguing about something. Twilight moved closer to hear what they were saying.

"Father this is madness! We must unify both kingdoms in peace, not war!" spoke the mare who stopped to address her father.

"Daughter you are in no position to argue with me. The alicorns are an abomination that must be snuffed out" Spoke the old stallion, as he walked toward the throne.

"But father..." began the mare once again.

"No more" interrupted her father. "I will not stand her while you rant about him, he is one of them and I will not allow an Alicorn to be a part of this family!"

"But he is the father " pleaded the mare, who was touching her belly with her hoof.

"Be blessed that we even allowed you to keep whatever monstrosity the two of you have created" the old stallion spoke with fury in his eyes.

The old stallion sat upon his throne looking down at his daughter.

"Father we do not have the magic or the strength to fight against them, it would be suicide" spoke the mare who stared at her father.

Twilight could feel the tension in the air, she did not understand why she was witnessing this.

"Father if you will not stand down, then I will have no other choice but to stop you" the mare spoke, as her horn glowed.

"You dare threaten me?" the old stallion looked slightly surprised, yet unfazed as he asked the question.

The old stallion struck his daughter with one bolt of magic, which was so fast that even Twilight did not noticed it, till the mare fell.

"Do you even care about your life?" spoke the old stallion, as he walked towards his wounded daughter. "I have given you everything and this is how you repay us, with betrayal!"

The daughter began to crawl away, her leg singed by the magic bolt that her father had casted.

The old stallion’s horn grew dark grey, as he continued towards her.

"You will not get in my way!" shouted the old stallion, blinded by rage and hate he shot another bolt of magic towards his daughter.

"No!" shouted Twilight as she tried to cast a protection spell around the mare, but she quickly realized that her magic was not working.

Then suddenly a protection shield appeared and blocked the bolt of magic away from the mare.

"Lord Nightshade stand down!" shouted a young light skinned alicorn stallion, who had casted the spell. "By the Grand Alicorn Kingdom you are under arrest for conspiracy against the Alicorn Kingdom."

Lord Nightshade shot another bolt of magic, but this time his aim was towards the Alicorn.

"This is all your fault!" Lord Nightshade shouted.

The young Alicorn cast a larger protection spells that shield the mare and himself.

"You will all die!" shouted Lord Nightshade, who was beginning to transform. His horn turned a deep black, as his eyes glowed red, his mane was becoming smoke. He then shot another bolt of magic, but this time it was much darker, his hate and rage consumed him completely.

Then everything froze, as if time had stopped. Twilight was the only one who could move freely.

"Well....well...well...if it isn't my favorite mare" spoke a disembodied voice that seemed to echo around the room. "Don't be alarmed it is just little old me...you do remember me don't you?"

Discord enough with your games....where are we?" shouted Twilight, who was surprised at first that she even knew who the voice belonged to.

"Oh good, I was beginning to wonder if the memory recovery spell was going to work" spoke Discord, who appeared in front of the frozen bolt of dark magic. "Well to answer your question we are in the past, where this all had started"

“I don’t understand what you mean?” Twilight spoke confused at her jumbled memories, “Who are these ponies?”

Discord floated closely towards the shield that the young stallion had made. “These ponies are the reason we are in this situation
with the darkness.”

“What darkness?” asked Twilight, as more memories began to flood her mind.

“His darkness…my dear, Lord NightShade’s” Discord announced as he took a sarcastic bow in front of the old stallion, flicking the
frozen figures nose with his tail.

“So it’s his fault for turning Luna into Nightmare Moon and nearly destroying the world?” questioned Twilight, as she moved closer to the others.

“Well I wouldn't say that it was all his fault for Luna turning, most of her decisions were merely amplified with his help, but it was still her decision.” spoke Discord who sat on the throne, his body began to look pale than usual. “Although he had his reasons…like most of us”

“But who are they?” asked Twilight, as she walked towards the two ponies who were behind the shield.

“Look closer, don’t they look familiar?” mused Discord, as he lay on the throne chair.

“I don’t understand…they don’t look like anypony I know” answered Twilight as she moved around them to get a better sight.

“Don’t they remind you of somepony?” asked Discord slightly annoyed, “As if they were related to a certain princess sisters?”

“Impossible they can’t be” spoke Twilight, as her eyes widen at the realization.

“But they are” mused Discord

“So you mean to tell me that Lord NightShade is the princesses’ grandfather?” asked Twilight, her mind began to spin with the overload of information, causing her to sit down.

“How are we even seeing this?” asked Twilight

“Because I took us here” answered Discord as he began to walk towards Twilight, “so you can possibly help us get rid of the darkness that threatens all of Equestria, I simply showed you this so you could better understand what we are facing.”

“This right here, is where he turns into a shadow of his own doing, and forever cursing his own blood line with the darkness of his own hatred” spoke Discord as he sat next to Twilight “She is alive you know?”

“Who?” asked Twilight, heaviness in her heart began to form as the words left his lips.

“Princess Celestia” answered Discord as he lifted the young alicorn up.

“Now what comes next might surprise you, but don’t worry” Discord spoke with a slight cheer in his voice.
Twilight looked at Discord with a slight hesitation to run away.

“I need you to give a message to your sweet friend Fluttershy” demanded Discord, as he grabbed Twilights horn.

“Why don’t you just tell her yourself” asked Twilight, she could feel the magic flowing back into her, through Discords grasp.

“Well funny thing you should ask, the darkness has completely drained me of my own magic, and we only have enough to send one of us back.” Discord spoke with a heavy sigh, but smiled at the teary alicorn that stood in front of him.

“Wait there has to be another way, I could figure something…” Twilight began, but Discord stopped her in mid-sentence.

“No, there are some things that cannot be changed and for once I am at peace.” Discord laughed at his own words, “ Look at me the god of chaos talking about being at peace with myself, ha”

Discord flicked Twilights nose and laughed.

“Well I guess I should be thanking you Twilight Sparkle, if it weren’t for you I would have never learned the true meaning of friendship, or what it means to be good to a friend” Discords voice was cracking, as tears fell from his eyes. “Now I’ve done it, here come the water works”

Discord swiped the tears from his eyes and looked at Twilight.

“Tell Fluttershy that she was the best friend a chaotic god could ever have, and that I would do anything to bring her friend back.” Discord spoke with a smile.

Before Twilight could say anything more; Discord teleported her back to the castle in her own time.

Twilight stood with her mouth open, as tears fell from her eyes, her voice was caught in her throat.

‘This can’t be real’ Twilight thought, but deep within her heart she knew.

Discord was gone.