• Published 21st Nov 2013
  • 750 Views, 4 Comments

The Death of Princess Celestia - Writingmare



Princess Celestia sets off to fight a darkness that is threatening all of Equestria.

  • ...
7
 4
 750

Luna's Nightmare

"Sister stop!" shouted Luna, as she ran towards the white mare, who was running away. "Stop please!"

The corridor they had ran through was beginning to grow dark. The torches that had been the only light source were being consumed by an invisible force.

"Please..." pleaded Luna as she lost sight of who she assumed was her sister. Tears ran down her eyes, as the darkness that ran throughout the castle began to consume her.

~~*~~

"Luna....please stop" shouted Celestia "I do not want to hurt you"

"Muahahahaha" Laughed Luna "Hurt me? Your precious light can never defeat the power of everlasting darkness.

"Luna please, do not turn like the others, you are all that I have left of home" begged Celestia, her tears streaming down her cheek, as she stared at her only sister.

"Home! You call me your home, you are but toying with my emotions and I have had enough!" Shouted Luna as she stared down at her sister.

~~*~~

Luna laid on the floor, the painful memories began to play with in her mind, as the darkness continued to consume her.

~~*~~

"The book was right, the light is not as strong as true darkness" Spoke Luna as she gazed out of her old castle balcony, staring into the night sky. "Soon the time will come...soon everypony will remember my beautiful night...and regret everything they had ever done."

~~*~~

"No please stop no more!" shouted Luna as the darkness invaded her most precious memories.

~~*~~

Little filly Luna pranced around a soft meadow, looking for a perfect hiding spot to surprise her eldest sister.

"Luna, ready or not here I come!" shouted a young Celestia who was very far away.

Within minutes Celestia had passed by Luna, who had taken hiding in an old hallowed out tree.

Then hours had passed, but Luna was never discovered. Surprised at her clever hiding spot, Luna began to climb out, excited to have finally beaten her sister at hid and seek.

~~*~~

"Please...stop...anything...but....that...." Pleaded Luna who was now curled in a fetal position crying, the darkness had transformed her back into a small filly. "Please...Tia...help"

~~*~~

"Tia!...Tiaaa!" shouted filly Luna as tears fell from her eyes, she was cold and lost within the forbidden forest. The trees groaned and creaked scaring the little filly, it was becoming night and soon the bad things would come.

Filly Luna continued to run not wanting the bad things to find her. Without looking where she had stepped, the small filly had tripped over something hard. She kept on tumbling till she fell against some branches. The clouds above had cleared, revealing the full moon over head.

Tears and snot mixed together as the small filly cried in horror. What the full moon had reviled, was a mass of bones that laid in front of her, scattered around a large skeleton of what was once a Draconequus.
Filly Luna moved around the cluster of bones, trying to escape the horrible sight, when she suddenly heard a sound.

"Luna..." a whisper spoke in the direction of the Draconequus skeleton. Filly Luna stopped in her tracks, she could hear the sound of bone scraping against one another.

Filly Luna felt chills run down her spine as she ran as fast as she could away from the forest. She continued to run till she came upon the soft meadows again. As she got closer she could see the silhouette of an Alicorn standing in front of the large moon.

Luna's tears blurred her vision as she ran towards the figure, she had assumed that it was her older sister coming to rescue her.

"Tia oh thank goodness we thought..." Luna stopped as she looked at the Alicorn.

It began to turn around to face the small filly.

The mare that stood in front of her was not her sister, but instead it was an older version of her, dressed in old Alicorn armor.

~~*~~

The Alicorn began to laugh, its midnight mane flowed loosely with the wind.

"So this is our most precious memory..." the Alicorn announced baring its sharp teeth in a menacing smile. "You are weak if you think that your sister will come and save you"

Filly Luna began to step backwards, afraid of letting the Alicorn out of sight.

"Why are you running away....you know that she is not coming don't you?" the Alicorn taunted the small filly, as she took a step forward. "Little filly Luna, running from what will always be inevitable"

Filly Luna closed her eyes as the Alicorn drew closer.

"Be one with us once again" announced the Alicorn, its face barely touching her muzzle. "Darkness is your only family now!"

The Alicorn's smoke like mane began to wrap itself around the small filly.

"Please Tia save me" cried out filly Luna, praying that her sister would come and saver her.

Suddenly a flash of magic pierced through the darkness, releasing filly Luna from the Alicorn's grasp.

"Luna the darkness will only lie, you are not alone" Spoke the mysterious mare, who had disappeared in an instant.

The Alicorn screamed in furry as it lunged towards the filly.

"Enough!" shouted filly Luna, her eyes stared coldly at the Alicorn causing it to stop within its tracks. "For many years we had run away from you."

Filly Luna began to change back to her normal form as she took a step towards the Alicorn.

"I will never turn to darkness, and I am not afraid of you" Luna spoke with courage in her voice, as her horn began to glow bright. "I cast you away Nightmare Moon!"

Luna aimed her horn directly at her own personal darkness, within seconds a bright beam of magic flashed from her horn and entered into Nightmare Moon.

Nightmare Moon looked shocked as the beam of light passed through her body.

"No!" shouted Nightmare Moon, as beams of light rapidly pierced through her body. Nightmare Moon looked once again towards a fully grown Luna, as its body began to disintegrate into small orbs of light.

Luna watched as the last orb of light faded away. Her heart felt relief, as she took a deep breath of fresh air. She then began to pace herself down the path that her sister had taken, determined to bring her family home.