• Published 21st Nov 2013
  • 755 Views, 4 Comments

The Death of Princess Celestia - Writingmare



Princess Celestia sets off to fight a darkness that is threatening all of Equestria.

  • ...
7
 4
 755

Beginning of the end

Canterlot, The Day of Twilight's Princess Coronation.

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna walk down the long corridor of the castle, both with serious looks on their faces.

"Tia," says Luna "are you sure there is no other way?" Luna looks at her sister with sadness and concern.

"Yes, my darling sister, this is how it was meant to be." Celestia nuzzles her little sister with a small tear falling from her face.

"But sister there has to be another way" Luna's tears began to pore as the pain in her chest began to consume her.

"Luna, you must be strong for all of Equestria from now on" Celestia shoulders Luna with one wing. "Once Twilight becomes a princess she will be under your care, treat her with respect and kindness, dear sister."

"NO!" screamed Luna her wings spread "THIS IS NOT THE WAY I WANTED TO COME BACK, THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER WAY?" Luna's eyes started to glow; her mane began to turn dark.

Celestia wrapped both wings around her sister and hushed her to calm down."Sister we need to be strong a great darkness is sweeping across Equestria in search for me, not even the Elements of Harmony can stop this great darkness."

Luna calmed and sat under Celestia's wing. "That is the reason why I needed to wake up Discord from his prison; in order to reverse the damage that darkness has created, it requires Discord's magic."

Luna walks towards the stained glass windows.

"So you are going to sacrifice yourself?" Luna looks at the stained glass window telling the story of Nightmare Moon, as Chills run down Luna's spine as she remembers the darkness corrupting her.

"Luna, for a thousand years I have waited for your return, so that I may accomplish this task and to insure that the Alicorn Legacy would not fall", Celestia spoke as she walked right next to Luna with her head held high. "Do not be scared Luna; I will always be with you, in your heart." Luna looked at her older sister wishing there was another way, but she knew that this was only the beginning.

Luna couldn't imagine her strong fearless sister being killed by something that had once corrupted her a thousand years back. The grand door opens and a Pegasus solder, runs towards the two princesses, he stopped to catch his breath. "Pardon me your Highnesses, but urgent news from the ponies of Saddle Arabia, the darkness has already breached their Kingdom."

Celestia frowned and looked back to the guard,"Inform Discord immediately and have the royal guards follow him to Crystal Empire right away, we must protect the others, I will be there shortly" Ordered Princess Celestia.

"Right away your highness" says the solder as he flies out of the royal hall.

"Luna once I turn Twilight to a princess you must not tell her where or what has become of me understand?" Princess Celestia looks directly at Luna.

"I understand sister" Luna hugs her one last time her tears poured down onto Celestias colorful mane. They both cried as they walked towards the door, wing to wing, towards the last day of Celestia's Life.

~.~

Ponyville library, two hours before the coronation

"OH MY GOSH I CANT BELIEVE THAT WE ARE BEING INVITED TO THE PRINCESS CORONATION OF OUR FRIEND TWILIGHT I CANT BELIEVE THAT TWILIGHT IS GOING TO BE A PRINCESS AN ALICORN OF ALL THINGS WOW I WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN AN ALICORN LIKE TWILIGHT I MEAN IMAGIN THE POWER THAT I WOULD BE GRANTED I WOULD FLY LIKE RAINBOW DASH AND HAVE MAGIC LIKE TWILIGHT AND MAKE CHOCOLATE RAIN LIKE DISCORD SO THAT WAY I COULD DRINK ALL THE CHOCOLATE RAIN IN MY ROOM FOR THE REST OF MY LIVE IM SO EXCITED ARNT YOU TWILIGHT!" says a very excited Pinkie Pie jumping up and down shaking Twilight.

Twilight pushes Pinkie away her eyes still spinning from Pinkies shaking "Look girls as excited as I am, I'm very nervous"

"Aw shucks, Twilight. There is nothing to be nervous about we are going to be there with you" says Applejack putting a hoof around twilight.

"Yea Twilight, just think about the cool things that you can do while flying with me an Fluttershy" Says Rainbow Dash as she does a flying cartwheel. "But you still won't be as cool as me" Rainbow Dash crashes into a book shelf "I'm okay"

"Don't worry my dear you will look like a princess from head to toe when I get done with you, I already have the idea for your coronation dress in my head, I'll go and get it ready before we leave for Canterlot" says Rarity as she hugs Twilight before leaving.

"Thanks girls I couldn't have done this without you, but im worried if once I become a princess that I might change?" says Twilight look down on the floor with a sad look on her face.

"Oh my, Twilight. You could never change, because you are the kindest and most helping pony that has saved Equestria many times already, and I know that you will still be our best friend even once you become a princess" says Fluttershy

"Oh girls, I couldn't ask for better friends than you guys" says Twilight as she hugs all of her friends who were there.

"When I first came to Ponyville, I didn't know that I would have met a great bunch of ponies like you guys that would change my life forever." Says Twilight with tears running down her eyes

"Let's go see if Rarity has your dress ready for the coronation" Says Pinkie jumping out the door as everyone follows laughing with joy, best friends forever.