• Published 20th Nov 2013
  • 5,602 Views, 131 Comments

Equestrian Crossover - New Life meets A New Home - jkreader



Nyx gets sick one day and accidentally hits her little brother with her magic, sending him to an alternate Equestria, where he realizes that he's not the last human left as he thought.

  • ...
4
 131
 5,602

Chapter 6 - Nyx's Arrival

Chapter 6 - Nyx's Arrival

Tobyverse…

*Fluttershy’s P.O.V*

After we left Sugarcube Corner, we soon arrived at the Carousel Boutique to introduce Joshua to our Rarity. I sure do hope she won’t overreact or freak out about witnessing another human here in Ponyville. I gently shook my head of those negative thoughts. C’mon Fluttershy, you know Rarity will be as accepting and welcoming to Joshua like she was when she first met Toby.

“Momma, is something wrong?” My thoughts were cut off again, this time by the voice of my precious little one.

I looked down at him with a soft, reassuring smile “Oh, of course not sweetie. I was just thinking silly thoughts,” I gave out a light chuckle and rubbed at his head, ruffling his hair a bit. “Now, let’s see if your Auntie Rarity is home first,” I said with a nod as I reached up with a hoof and knocked on the carousel door.

“Coming!” rang out Rarity’s voice as the door opened to reveal my friend. A bright smile crept across her face “Well hello Fluttershy darling and my dear little nephew Toby. How are you two doing on this fine day?” She reached up and stroked at the top of Toby’s head, being the caring aunt she is.

Toby blushed and giggled “We’re doing good Auntie Rarity. Me and Momma have someone for you to meet.” He motioned toward Joshua who stood on my other side “Auntie Rarity, this is Joshua and… well... he isn’t from here, but from another world.” He looked up at Rarity awkwardly.

I gently placed a hoof on his back and rubbed at it soothingly as I looked at Rarity “That is true Rarity, Joshua magically appeared in our yard when we were tending to our animal friends.” I smiled warmly at Joshua who nodded.

She gasped “Oh my.” She placed a hoof on her chest as she was a bit taken aback by this “Well, it’s a great pleasure to meet you Joshua, but I’m terribly sorry for that under the circumstances.” She reached out a hoof toward the boy.

Joshua reached out his hand and very gently shook Rarity’s hoof “It’s nice to meet you too Rarity, and what Toby and Fluttershy told you is all true. I’m not from this Equestria, but from another one,” he said with an awkward smile.

Rarity nodded in understanding “Well, please come in you three and we all shall share some tea,” she spoke warmly and stepped aside for us to enter.

After several minutes…

*Joshua’s P.O.V*

After re-telling my story to Rarity, she pulled me in a warm and comforting hug “Oh you poor, poor darling. You’ve been through so much for a child so young,” she spoke with tears rolling down her cheeks.

I returned the hug around her neck “Thank you Rarity, and I might have been through a lot, with the loss of my parents, but I know they’ll always be with me in my heart,” I said with a warm smile. I pull out my locket and show her “My Mommy on Earth gave this to me, and she told me as long as I have this, they will always be with me.” I felt like I was about to cry, but I prevented myself from doing so.

Rarity gave me a tearful smile “Well, that is very true indeed Joshua. They may be gone physically, but they will always live with you in spirit.” She rubbed at my back. We broke the hug and I turned to see Toby sitting on the steps with his hands in his lap and his head down.

I looked at Fluttershy “Fluttershy, what’s wrong with Toby?” I asked with concern in my voice.

She turned to look at her son with a frown on her face “I don’t know Joshua sweetie.” I can see concern etched on her face as well.

“The poor darling must still be upset about the loss of his mommy too Joshua,” Rarity said softly. She looked over at Toby with a frown of her own and turned to us “Where are you three planning to go next?” she asked quietly.

Fluttershy turned to Rarity “Well… um… maybe we could go visit Applejack.” She gave a soft smile, but turned back to look at Toby, deeply worried.

Rarity nodded in agreement “That sounds like a marvelous idea. Sweetie Belle is over there spending quality time with Applebloom and Scootaloo. They are coming up with another insane idea to get their cutie marks.” She rolled her eyes, and I couldn’t help but giggle a little.

*Fluttershy’s P.O.V*

I trotted over to Toby and I could see he was upset about something. I decided to sit down in front of him and talk to him before we left. I lifted a hoof and gently placed it under his chin to lift his head to look at me “Toby sweetheart, is something the matter? You know you can tell your Momma, don’t you?” I gave him the warmest of smiles.

He looked at me as I could see his eyes glazed with tears “N…no Momma, I-I’m okay,” he spoke, sniffling and reached up to wipe at his eyes. He sniffled again as he looked at me with a soft smile “Where are we going next?” he asked a little weakly.

I reached up and stroked at his head “We’re going to see your Auntie Applejack and big sisters,” I spoke happily to try and cheer him up “How does that sound sweetie?”

He gave me a nod “That sounds like a good idea Momma,” he spoke happily as he got up slowly off the stairs and walked over to Joshua and Rarity.

Oh Toby sweetheart, there is something bothering you, isn’t there? I’ll ask him later. I don’t want to upset him anymore than he is. I sigh softly as I trot over to the three.

“We are ready Fluttershy darling if you are,” Rarity spoke with a warm smile and I gave her a nod.

All four of us exited the boutique and made our way toward Sweet Apple Acres.

Nyxverse…

*Nyx’s P.O.V.*

“I think I almost got it perfect, Twilight,” I spoke to Twilight as I was working on improving and strengthening my teleportation spell so I could teleport to where my little brother is.

I’ve been training for the past two days with Mom and I know I’m ready to go get Joshua back. The first day was rough as I was only to teleport from the top floor of the library to the bottom of the steps. The second day I was able to teleport from inside the library to the outside. Now today, I’m able to teleport from the library to other places such as Sugarcube Corner.

“I can see that dear, you are doing wonderful,” Twilight says to me with a proud smile. She trots over to me as rubs at my shoulder with a hoof “I just wish I could go with you Nyx, because there is no telling what dangers lie in this other universe.” She gave me a look of concern “And there is no telling what danger your little brother could be in.” She sighed heavily.

I nod in agreement “I wish you were coming with me too Twilight, because I’m a bit scared of going to a new world without knowing any pony there.” I frown a bit, but take in a deep breath and stare at her in her eyes. “However Twilight, Princess Celestia said that the pony who causes another to end up in a different universe or place, then that pony has to fix it. So I’m willing to do it, for Joshua,” I said proudly as mom swallowed me up in a bone crushing hug.

“I’m so proud of you dear!” she squeed as she hugged me tight for a while before letting me go and I gasped for air. She let out a nervous giggle “Eh… sorry Nyx.” She cleared her throat “Now when you get to this new place dear and find Joshua, you might have to rest for a couple days to regain your strength. Do you understand?”

I nodded in response “Yes Mom. I promise, I’ll be careful, and I’ll make sure nothing bad happens to Joshua.” I smiled confidently. “Now it’s time for me to go and save my little brother!”

Mom nodded and stepped back “Okay dear. Now just focus as hard as you can,” she spoke to me as I nodded and closed my eyes.

I concentrated on getting my little brother back as Joshua’s face flashed in my mind. I could feel great power resonating from my horn, and with one strong stomp on the floor I felt myself vanish.

Tobyverse…

Golden Oaks Library…

*Twilight’s P.O.V*

I was still searching through my books along with Spike to see how to get Joshua back to his home when I was blinded by a sudden bright flash of light. I blinked my eyes “What in Equestria?!” I exclaimed aloud as I looked to see a strange black dark coated filly. I gasped as I looked at her “Hello, who are you?”

“M-M-Mom?” she asked weakly and suddenly she collapsed.

“Oh gosh Twilight, what happened to her and why did she call you mom?” Spike asked me curiously.

I shook my head and carefully trotted up to her. She was still breathing, but just weak. I look at Spike “Spike, I believe this filly is Nyx, the big sister of our new guest here in Ponyville, Joshua.” I looked her over.

“Well, that is good, isn’t it Twi? I mean the kid will be excited to see his sister again.” He gave me a big smile.

I nodded “Yes he will Spike, but first we must make sure that she is well rested and feeling better when he, Fluttershy, and Toby return.” With that said, I levitated the filly onto my back, trotted upstairs carefully, and placed her in my bed, laying the blankets over her. I leaned my head down to speak into her ear softly “Now you just sleep for a little bit dear, and we’ll see you when you get up.” I turn to Spike “C’mon Spike, let’s go back downstairs until she wakes up.” He nodded in agreement and we both went downstairs.

We went back to the books and there was one thought running through my head I can’t believe that Nightmare Moon is back, but as a filly?! She doesn’t look harmful, but we better all take precautions when she awakens.

Author's Note:

Well, Nyx has made it into the Tobyverse! But what shenanigans will ensue? :pinkiegasp:

Written by APoeticHeart.