• Published 20th Nov 2013
  • 6,287 Views, 56 Comments

The Chaotic Misadventures of Discord - DemonWriterX



Tired of Discord and his pranks, Celestia decided it was time that he learns to have new friends.

  • ...
5
 56
 6,287

Responsibility part 2

The chaotic misadventures of discord
Responsibility part 2

Fluttershy trudged along the path of her home in a pitiful walk, her thoughts filled with the small foal who was possibly abandoned. She was returning back home after a talk with Twilight, expecting there might have been good news that might expel her thoughts on the foal's abandonment, but she was horribly in the wrong.

"I'm sorry Fluttershy," Twilight muttered sadly, putting down the letter that she had received from Princess Celestia. Spike stood behind her with his head low as Twilight delivered the bad news. "But no pony had filed a missing foal report..."

"T-that can't be right!" Fluttershy cried, shaking her head feverishly. "There must be a mistake...maybe, maybe they just haven't written one yet, that must be the reason!" She refused to believe it, she couldn't believe that anypony would leave a helpless foal in the Everfree Forest, exposed to the elements and the countless numbers of predators. She refused to believe that any couple would be so heartless.

"You might be right..." Twilight stated softly, placing her hoof on her shoulder in reassurance. "You said Discord found him early this morning, so it might be possible that they just haven't gotten around to writing the report....but..." Twilight let out a small frown as she turned away, her eyes heading towards Spike in almost a pained look. "He might have been abandoned, we have to consider that possibility."

Fluttershy let out a sniff from the memory fighting back tears. No, she had to stay positive. She had to remain optimistic about the situation, it only been a few hours and it was almost noon. Perhaps soon the parents would be looking for their foal until they filed the report or came into Ponyville. She and Discord would take good care of the foal. With a deep breath, she lifted her head up and sprung into a small gallop, rushing towards home. It was lunch time for the foal.

Discord slumped down against the couch, finally being able to change Little Whiner's diaper. Little Whiner sat on top of Discord's chest, sucking at his own hoof again. Discord rolled his eyes at him.

"Keep sucking that hoof and I will change your name to 'Little Sucker'," he threatened half-heartedly. He was sapped of energy from changing Little Whiner's diaper and spending the next hour trying to calm him down of his cries. He was thankful that he was listening to Fluttershy when she mentioned that he should bounce him when he started fussing, but the effects were not as quick as he would have liked.

Little Whiner finally separated his mouth from his hoof and let out a long yawn, his eyes fluttering, struggling to stay open, but it was clear that the foal was losing his fight against the urge to nap. The foal stretched fully on Discord's chest, laying down flat on his stomach as his eyes stared half-open towards his foal-sitter.
Discord let out a small smile and stroked the small tuft of hair the foal had.

"Maybe Little Sleeper is a efficient name for you.." he joked softly, not wanting to interrupt his nap. Little Whiner let out one last yawn before closing his eyes. Discord brushed the foal's mane gently watching him sleep. From all of his crying and acting like a little brat, he looked peaceful when he slept. The front door opened as Fluttershy walked inside, greeted by Discord laying on the couch looking just as exhausted as the foal. She closed the door gently before walking up to them.

"Oh Discord, how was he?" she whispered with a small smile.

"He was...fine, Fluttershy." he answered with a soft voice. "Nothing I can't handle."

She let out a small giggle seeing the foal sprawled out on Discord's chest. "Looks like he likes you."

"Of course he does- who wouldn't?" he smirked confidently. "But never mind that- what did Twilight say, have you located Little Whiner's parents?"

"Discord- did you name that darling little cute foal that?" she questioned with a small scowl, noticing the collar.

"I think its a perfect name." he huffed childishly. Fluttershy let out a long sigh, her mane falling down over her right eye. Discord eyed her, he knows that look, and it was never something good. "What is it, my dear?"

She sat down on her flank as she looked back at the foal, hurt apparent in her eyes that it hit Discord internally. He felt his chest tighten it was if he was struck with a pile of bricks, or a rainbow beam shot right at him.

"T-Twilight said...that it was highly possible that...that he was a-abandoned, Discord." She said her voice breaking but she held back her tears. Discord placed a paw over the foal's small body, almost protectively. He felt his shoulder shaking in anger, anger towards the ponies who had left the defenseless foal by himself. He had never felt so much of this intense emotion before even when he was turned to stone, twice. He had never felt so angry or hateful.

"Then they're cowards-" he hissed. Fluttershy stared up at him in shock hearing the disdain in his voice. She had never seen him so angry before. "This foal does not need parents like them. He could have so much better...."

"I know," Fluttershy replied placing a hoof over his paw that held Little Whiner. From her touch, he immediately calmed down giving her a small smirk. "But-Twilight also said that maybe the parents haven't gotten the chance to report him missing yet..."

Discord pressed his lips together, not sharing in the small hope that Fluttershy was desperately clinging onto.

"I have an idea-" he began. "Why won't we take care of him?

Comments ( 2 )

0.0 My God you're back. I am in utter shock. And in utter heaven. This is some of my most well beloved story when I started Fimfiction, yet after the long hiatus I solemnly gave up waiting. But Oh My God. You are amazing.

Login or register to comment