• Published 21st Nov 2013
  • 608 Views, 5 Comments

Flick's Ascension - brealia9794



Trixie wants revenge, Chyrsalis does too. The mane 6 are in a hell of a lot of trouble with these two angry mares teamed up. But life has a funny way of working out especially when you get help from the most unlikely places.

  • ...
1
 5
 608

Chapter 1

Chapter 1


Humiliation.

"Ha, Trixie! You're all talk and no walk!" a certain rainbow-maned mare had shouted at her.

Arrogance.

"I tol' y'all that dis wouldn’t end the way ya wanted it to, Trixie," a cowgirl pony whose name she wanted to forget as well had said.

Pride. All of this was happening because of her pride.

Trixie Lulamoon, a sky blue unicorn, was treading away from the last pony settlement known to ponyfolk, Dodge Junction. The thoughts of her second attempt to best Twilight Sparkle in a magic duel only having it end in a total bust seemed to taunt her. So here she was trudging in the so-called 'Bad Lands'. Honestly, whoever wrote the map must've just given up on ponylike names after the dozen or so decent ones and decided to just wing it.

It was pretty hot but the sun was finally setting and Trixie was heading for a nearby cave, trying her best to steer away from the many cliffs that happened to pop up a lot.

CRACK! The loud sound of rocks breaking caught her attention. She whipped her head around to see the fissure in the ground continuing to spread.

CRACKLE CRACKLE CRACK! The ground all around her was breaking. "AAAAAAAH!!! HEEEEEEELP MEEEEEEE!!!" Trixie screamed, hoping somepony, something, would hear her as she fell. Little did she know that she was indeed being watched, followed even then. The smoke cleared and the unicorn moved some rocks with her magic, happy that her quick thinking allowed her to perform a small shielding spell. She looked around, noticing a tunnel, and followed what looked like a pony's shadow. "Hey, wait up!" she called, following the figure.

Trixie tried to keep up but it just wasn't enough. Now running at full gallop, at least she wasn't completely ditched. But she skidded to a halt when she noticed a ridged cliff and heard an irritating sound – buzzing. The sound of hundreds of large insect wings buzzing. She peered over the ledge and her jaw dropped at the sight below her. "Changelings," she muttered. She knew she had to get out of there and fast or else she would end up being somepony's lunch. She turned around to go but all she got to see was the sudden movement of a hole-fill leg smacking her across the face with a loud THWAP!

. . .

. . .

. . .

Trixie’s eyes fluttered as she finally came to. She felt coldness on her forelegs. Another feeling also registered. She was hanging... against a wall.

"Ah, my queen. We believe the intruder is awakening," a changeling servant said.

"Well, it’s about time. Though I suppose feeding off an unconscious pony would slow down the healing process, now wouldn't it?" a tall changeling said with an oozing, devious voice that could strike fear and awe into anypony.

"Wha…? Where am I?" Trixie muttered.

"Silly mare. Isn’t it obvious? My dungeon! Mwawahahahaha!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

In the cramped basement-turned-science lab beneath the tree house library in Ponyville, the experimentation process was well underway. A long table spanned one side of the room to the other, covered in glass containers and beakers full of colorful liquids. As delicately as she dared, a lavender unicorn currently wearing a white coat and thick rubber goggled raised her eye line directly at the top of one of these beakers. With an indistinguishable exhale, Twilight Sparkle slowly raised one hoof above the lip of the glass jar and used an eyedropper to squeeze a single drop of reddish fluid into it. Exhaling slowly, she released one more drop then ducked back down to just peek up over the table’s edge. The newly added chemicals made what was there fizz and hiss before a sudden heated reaction caused the mixture to start brimming up toward the top. Twilight flinched as the liquid rose… rose to the top of the beaker… then sank back down as placidly as a soda which had lost its fizz. Gaze transfixed, Twilight breathed heavy before smiling to herself. Well, it was a start. She stood to begin clearing away her equipment in preparation for note taking. Or in her case, more likely, essay writing.

Suddenly, her head whipped around toward the stairs leading up to the main room, a great crash having echoed down the stairs. Twilight gasped and spun fully, then began moving quickly up the stairs, throwing her lab gear off as she cantered hard. She hoped that one top-heavy bookshelf hadn’t fallen over again.

What she discovered instead upon arrival on the landing was the front door hanging wide open, the crash having been it slamming into the outside wall! By who had let themselves in what could best be described as a frantic pace. Quickly looking around the room she saw Spike, nearly doubled over in exhaustion and breathing harder than his little lungs should allow. Twilight’s eyes widened in shock again when she saw Spike looking like this. After taking a moment to magically yank the door shut, she hurried over to her pint-sized assistant. “Spike! Spike, you’re back!” she exclaimed with both relief and confusion. “What in Equestria…?!” she asked, brushing some dust off Spike with a hoof. “Did you do what I asked you to?” she asked, glancing at his empty hands. “What…” she began, “Where’s the stuff I asked you to get?”

Spike finally looked up at her, still trying to catch his breath. “Tw-Twilight,” he stammered. You’re not… gonna… like this!” He produced a scroll from behind his back and held it out for Twilight to examine. When she finally took it, the little dragon fell to his knees and flopped over onto his side, no fight in him at all.

The first thing Twilight noticed as she unrolled the parchment was the signature. “Huh? My brother sent this?” she inquired strangely. So Shining Armor had conscripted this note and had it sent through Spike while the dragon was completely unprepared? No wonder he was so tired out! Or was he just in a hurry to get this letter to HER after reading it himself?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Trixie looked at the queen and glanced at the other changelings she was both fearful and jealous of all at once. She wanted an army. Oh, how she craved one of her own. Trixie would have get back at Twilight and her friends for the shame they had put her through yet again.

"Hmmm,” pondered the changeling queen. “How long should I keep you around? Perhaps until you're about to collapse, nearly dead, and let some of my ravenous subject have their way with you! Such a decision… and all the time in the world for me to think it over," the queen smirked.

"Trixie has a proposition for her royal malevolence, if she would care to hear it?" Trixies said with her usual bravado.
"Cut the show talk, unicorn!" the queen spat. "And get to the part where I actually care!"
"It involves taking over Equestria. And the best part is revenge on Twilight Sparkle and her five pathetic friends!" Trixie told the queen about the idea and how they would pull it off. The two malevolent mares cackled together over their now highly equally benefitting alliance; Chrysalis even released Trixie. They left the dungeon discussing more and more details of the horrid outcome that was to befall the Elements of Harmony.

Author's Note:

For an answer to most questions about when the next chapter will or what else i'm writing there will be a another blog posted soon.

Comments ( 5 )

I like it, a little short, but I like it.

I'm definitely enjoying this little concept of yours! I can't wait to see more of it. You've got a few spelling errors in there (just a very tiny few, as I almost didn't notice them,) but your writing style reminds me very much of comic book material. And that's not a bad thing either; it's a nice change from the norm around here! Oh, and don't worry about this first chapter being slightly on the short side. There's nothing wrong with that! Sometimes a short chapter is what's best needed to kick off a story and introduce your reader's to the plot's hook. All in all, I've enjoyed this little read, and I look forward to seeing more of this story in the future as you continue writing. :twilightsmile:

Good first chapter, I'll favorite it to see how it goes.

Thank you. All of you, I appreciate the comments. Also lol I'm not used to writing stories. Plus this loosely based of one of my greatest Rps I ever did. We regret not recording it. So its mostly based off my memory. I'm also big on decent dialouge something I'm trying not to over do in the next chapter. But I'll try and be lengthier my mental standpoint is to be effiecent which means less time so I tend to be slighty compact when I write.

Much to fast for that small amount of words

Login or register to comment