• Published 20th Nov 2013
  • 7,540 Views, 84 Comments

A Big Brother - xd77



A whole year has gone by since Nathan was adopted by Princess Cadance and Shining Armor, now before too long he is going to be a big brother.

  • ...
15
 84
 7,540

Chapter 9: End of Story

Nathan, Cadance, and Shining Armor were on the train bound for Ponyville, Skyla was in her carrier sitting in between Cadance and Shining Armor while Nathan sat next to Cadance, he was wearing a white plaid snap up western shirt, cut jeans, brown cowboy boots, a belt with a buckle that had the state of Texas in the center, and a light brown Stetson cowboy hat, Cadance couldn't help but look how handsome he was in wearing it, she wrapped her hoof around him.

"Mommy's little cowboy!" Cadance said

"Mom, do ya' have ta' keep sayin' that?" Nathan asked

"I can't help it, dear, even Applejack would be surprised to see you dressed like this." she said

"I agree buddy, you do look good today." Shining Armor said agreeing with Cadance.

"Ponyville, next stop." said the conductor as Ponyville came into view from the window, Nathan got up along with Cadance and Shining Armor, as soon as he got out of the seat, Nathan took Skyla's stroller off the roof compartment and adjusted it, then he took Skyla out of her carrier, handed it to Cadance, and put Skyla in her stroller, and quickly they followed the group of exiting ponies, once they got off the train, they were founded by Twilight and Spike, the first one to greet them was Nathan.

"Hi Spike, hi Aunt Twilight." he said hugging them.

"Hi Nate, wow you look like a real cowboy today." Twilight said.

"I have to agree Nate," Spike said, "Applejack is going to like that style you're wearing."

"Ah' take everypony else is at Sweet Apple Acres?" Nathan asked

"Correct, we're having apple fritters." Spike said.

"Wow, that's nice." Cadance said.

"Hey are we goin' r' are we stayin'?" Nathan asked walking away with Skyla in her stroller.

"All right let's go, don't want to keep our cowboy waiting." Shining Armor said as they followed him into the streets of Ponyville, as they were walking Nathan tapped Shining Armor.

"Dad?"

"Yeah buddy."

"No offense, but just 'cause ah'm wearin' this don't make me a cowboy, I'm just wearin' it for the heck a' wearin it."

"Hey, we were just messing with you Nathan." Spike said

"Whatever." Nathan muttered

Pretty soon Sweet Apple Acres was in view and on the edge of the barn sat a group of five around a table and in the center was a plate of fritters along with glasses of apple juice ready for appetites, meanwhile Rainbow Dash took notice of Nathan, Twilight, Spike, Shining Armor, and Cadance approaching the farm with Skyla in her stroller.

"Girls they're here." Rainbow said pointing her hoof at the approaching posy.

"Hey Applejack." said Nathan approaching the table.

"Hi ya'll." Applejack said.

"Well look at you a little cowboy." Applejack said

"Eeyup." he answered.

"Hey Applejack, hey girls." Cadance said, sitting herself next to her Twilight sat next to Rarity and Nathan sat next to Applejack, Nathan took Skyla out of her stroller and placed her on his lap.

"Gals meet mah' cowgirl, Skyla."

The girls looked in awe at her, Skyla let out a giggle.

"She's so cute, I just wanna squeeze her to death." Pinkie Pie said.

"She is so adorable." Rarity said

"Eh' she's ok, for a baby." Rainbow Dash said

"What a cute little sugarcube." Applejack cooed.

"I want to hold her and never let go." Fluttershy said.

Suddenly Nathan took a bad stench in his nose.

"Mom, Skyla's got a stinky." Nathan said

"Don't worry sweetie, hand her to me." Cadance said, Nathan gave Skyla to her and she and Shining Armor went inside the barn to change her, meanwhile Nathan stayed outside with Applejack and the others.

"So Applejack where's Applebloom?" Nathan asked

"She, and her friends are at the clubhouse waitin' fer' ya'." Applejack answered

"Waitin' fer' me, why?" Nathan asked

"Maybe they're wanting to take you on your first real crusading adventure." Rainbow Dash said

"I've done that with 'em before Rainbow, ah've been here for over a year now." Nathan said

"No darling, you've only gone and done regular stuff with them, this is going to be your first real crusading adventure." Rarity said

"Ah'd never thought they'd do that fer' me."

"Well go on, sugarcube." Applejack said

"Well..." but right on cue, Shining Armor and Princess Cadance arrived back out with Skyla wearing a fresh new diaper.

"Mom, can ah' go hang out with the Cutie Mark Crusaders?" Nathan asked politely

"Of course dear, just be back at dusk." Cadance said

"Go on Nate, we'll handle everything from here." Shining Armor said.

"All right Dad, bye ya'll." Nathan said

"Enjoy yourself, sweetie." Cadance said

Everypony said the for now farewells to Nathan as he flapped his wings and flew over to the clubhouse.

===========================================

As Nathan was flying above the orchard, the CMC clubhouse finally came into view, he descended to the edge of the entrance ramp, folded his wings, and walked up the ramp and up to the front door.

"Well let's hope they have a good expression to see me." He thought as he knocked on the door, the one to open it and greet him was Scootaloo.

"Hi Nate." Scootaloo said

"Hi Scoots s'up?" he asked

"Nothing much, although I must say, I like what your wearing."

"I'll say." Applebloom said joining in, "Come on in Nate."

As Nathan entered the clubhouse he came across a filly with the dark pinkish-red mane and a color of dark orange fur and she looked at him.

"What's yer' name?" Nathan asked

"I'm Babs I'm Applebloom's cuz," she said with a thick New York accent, "I take it your dat human dat crashed here in Equestria a year ago?"

"How did ya' know that?" Nathan asked

"Applejack, told Applebloom, told me." Babs answered

"Well before we do are crusadin' adventure, which is fishing," Applebloom said showing Nathan some fishing poles and a bait container, "We want you to show us Skyla."

"Is she cute?" Sweetie Belle asked

"Oh, she's beyond cute, ya'll are going to want to tickle her and hug her, when ya'll see her." Nathan said, "And fer' once ah' knew you were going to ask me 'bout that, well come on, I'll how ya'll her, then it's off fer' fishin'."

Nathan and the CMC's exited the clubhouse and headed towards the farm where everypony else was, once they got there they had found that Celestia and Luna had joined them, Nathan and the girls soon cut them off.

"There's our future captain." Princess Celestia said

"Come here sweetie." Princess Luna said

"Hi ya'll." Nathan said walking up to them and embracing them.

"Look at you a little western boy." Celestia said

"Why are ya'll here, why aren't ya'll in Canterlot?" Nathan asked

"Well we wanted to come down and see our future princess." said Luna who was now holding Skyla.

"Well Ms. Celestia ah' thought about the conversation we had the night before, and you were right, Skyla is a blessin' fer' me."

"Celestia what was he doing in Canterlot the night before?" Twilight asked

"Well, he ran away." Celestia answered, Twilight, Spike, and Twilight's friends gasped at this, even the CMC's gasped.

"Nathan why did you do that, darling?!" Rarity asked, Nathan hung his head in shame, Luna gave Skyla back to Cadance and walked next to Nathan as did Celestia, then Celestia placed a hoof on his back.

"He ran away because he was jealous at first, but he came to Canterlot hoping to get some comfort from us, and we told him that having a sibling is a good blessing, because when you have two in a family some things can and will turn out right, double is better than single, and from our future princess of the Crystal Empire, plus our future Captain of the Royal Guards, we will see a lot of love and compassion between them."

"And Nathan we have good news." Luna interfered.

"What's that?" Nathan asked

"The portal between your world and here in Equestria has been fixed, you are now free to roam back to Texas and back here whenever you want, not only for you but for all of us as well."

"What?!" Nathan said in surprise

"Plus the nuns at your old orphanage told us in the portal last night, that they'd be more than happy for you to come and visit them, plus they will take care of your clothes shopping and everything else for you." Celestia said

Nathan was now more than happy, "Well bye ya'll the gals and ah' have got some fishin' to do, come on ya'll." he said and thus they went off to the river with their fishing rods and their bait container, for everypony that watched him leave it was yet another happy moment for them.

THE END

Comments ( 21 )

Sorry everypony, but chapter 9 I the last chapter, my next story will be a reunion in Destin, FL, then after that will be set approximately 17 years later, where he is now Captain and Skyla is princess of the Crystal Empire.

But until I start those stories for the final time, cause I'm growing tired of asking, I need cover art!

3691570 that ok and don't you already have a cover art for this story and all of your another stories

3692021 No cause I don't have the tools to make a cover art picture, I'm trying to convince someone on this website to make one for me.

So, would you like to see the Napoleonic Princess's Speech after when I finished it?:ajsmug:

3692393 On second thought, I'm going to make a story where Chrysalis comes back to take her revenge and kidnaps Nathan.

3696310 ok and did you forgot to put this story complete

3696323 oh forget it, I can't comply on a villain kidnapping a child, I'm just going on with the Nathan Cadenza series.

I hope there will be a story where they go to Texas.:scootangel:

3792293 I'm writing that up right now.

yeahhhh i've seen betters but still on my fav list

i liked it




stat classy:moustache:

10126173 The story was written before Maude was hinted at remember?

It there another sequel to this?

Login or register to comment